• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Custom bits didn't help. Anyone else get SLI working? 313.96 was supposed but my second core is untouched.

crysis3mpopenbeta2013mnubh.png

crysis3mpopenbeta2013mwun9.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
the grass looks too bright in the first shot.

Aha this is just the best nitpick ever, I honestly think it should be next years thread title.

"2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Grass Looks Too Bright in the First Shot"

It's a perfect example of how ridiculous we really get sometimes about issues in shots.

Xyber

From the screens posted, I would not say that Crysis 3 is a pretty game. It just looks.. boring. But it is multiplayer and I won't judge it until I see some singelplayer for myself.

And here's some DmC.
ibqrCiI4O57KMI.png

This one would've been so much nicer without the UI. But it seems like you can't remove it with a keybind.
iby9et4pdcQYy3.png

From the screens posted, I would not say that Crysis 3 is a pretty game. It just looks.. boring. But it is multiplayer and I won't judge it until I see some singelplayer for myself.

Very accurate way to describe it I feel, especially the museum map never have I seen so much brown.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
No its not, there is even more options than in Crysis 2. Have You even checked other options than Very High?

Hmm I'm not sure which part of his post you're disagreeing with so pardon me if I misunderstood you :

Crysis 3 definitely looks similar to 2 ( and by 2 I mean "fixed" Crysis 2 with the official dx11/highres patch ). The game most certainly has more options especially in the AA department and it also most certainly runs worse than C2. Though I didn't try the newest beta drivers nor have I forgotten that what I played was beta.

In the end they should've called this Crysis 2 : Warhead or w/e because it sure as hell gives me that aforementioned 'expansion-vide' judging by the things I've seen,read and played. Keep in mind that I still think C2 is one of, if not the, technically best looking game so it's not like I'm saying it's ugly...

Is there a way to get around the pre match, waiting for more players black and white filter nonsense? Don't want to be shot while looking around :D

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Maybe it's because I've been playing DmC at 100+ fps, but this game feels turrible at 30fps. So sluggish.

Do you have a 120hz monitor? Because if not, you're not seeing any benefit past 60fps - the rest of it is just needlessly working your GPU. On top of that, if you're rendering more than 60 frames you can cause bad screen tearing. Instead you should up the resolution or the settings to try to get it as near to 60fps as possible.

Shaneus

Hanging to see what it's like on my PC. I'm in off-peak right now so I'm downloading it, but I wonder if I can at least have a pissfart around with some bots during peak time where I'm capped at 64kb. Hope so.

Do you have a 120hz monitor? Because if not, you're not seeing any benefit past 60fps - the rest of it is just needlessly working your GPU. On top of that, if you're rendering more than 60 frames you can cause bad screen tearing. Instead you should up the resolution or the settings to try to get it as near to 60fps as possible.

Thanks. I don't have a 120hz monitor. I'm downsampling from 2560x1600 with vsync off. TBH, I'm not noticing much tearing like this, so I may keep it as is. I could further increase the resolution to 3360x1600 and still get 90+ fps, but I heard this might increase input lag.

Top Bottom