• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Shaneus

iIZQNNgAa1eNp.png

ibpR3UHB7cPd08.png
Let me know if you use SweetFX and want to have a play with the settings I used. I couldn't take the overall orangey-ness of it and spent hours until I found a good colour combination. I'm not saying those are shit screens, but the offers there if you wanted to make the game a little easier on the eyes :) (no sharpening filter etc., just colour adjustment)

elbourreau

Need help please, trying to put flikr images on the forum but I can't find the link... How I do? my PNGs are too big for abload and the others sites......

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So Corks, are you ready to take some RoF shots later?

I tried... you don't want to see the results for some reason the AA option doesn't seem to do squat diddly for me. Not only that but when I downsample the UI gets jumbled up with elements stuck in the middle of the screen :(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I should've snapped a bunch of screens when we played War Thunder before I uninstalled it >_<

Sethos

Banned
I tried... you don't want to see the results for some reason the AA option doesn't seem to do squat diddly for me. Not only that but when I downsample the UI gets jumbled up with elements stuck in the middle of the screen :(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I should've snapped a bunch of screens when we played War Thunder before I uninstalled it >_<

Save replay -> Bump settings + Supersampling option -> view replay with free cam and pause function -> glorious screenshots.

Oh and check the control menu, I believe it's Left Win key + H to open to global function menu to remove HUD, gauges etc.

But are you ready later?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Save replay -> Bump settings + Supersampling option -> view replay with free cam and pause function -> glorious screenshots.

Oh and check the control menu, I believe it's Left Win key + H to open to global function menu to remove HUD, gauges etc.

But are you ready later?

I'm stupid because I don't know how to save a replay, I guess you have to actually finish a mission and the furthest I've gotten is look left, right, then spin out of control :p

But yeah win key + h removed the hud at least. I can give it a try later this evening, honestly though even with adjusted s-curves and whatnot I don't think a pad is worth shite for playing any flight game.

rof2013-01-2813-20-59p2sio.png

rof2013-01-2813-21-29ddsx4.png

Sethos

Banned
Well, doesn't matter what you use to control the plane because when I've shot it full of holes it won't fly in any case ...

I mean, I can't wait to teach you all the wonders of flying and have some great dogfights with you.

Speaking of finding pleasure in smudge, i made an ENB for HL2. Just to add some DOF, and SSAO. A before and after comparison, im sure most will hate it but if anyone wants it ill upload the files so you can tweak it yourself. It smooths some of the far off stuff that looks jaggy and ugly. Please dont ban me.

ibs4EzuXGhH0Dz.gif

Xyber

Speaking of finding pleasure in smudge, i made an ENB for HL2. Just to add some DOF, and SSAO. A before and after comparison, im sure most will hate it but if anyone wants it ill upload the files so you can tweak it yourself. It smooths some of the far off stuff that looks jaggy and ugly. Please dont ban me.

ibs4EzuXGhH0Dz.gif

But why on earth did you save them as a gif?

Khar

ibs4EzuXGhH0Dz.gif

I like those actually; nice job!

I've seen HL2 with ENB before where it just looked like the typical DOF-laden smeary mess.

Your version smooths out those ugly pylons nicely.

Upload it please?

your avatar should exempt you from bans

C'mahn, don't boolshit me.. :D

Heres the hl2 enb link if anyone wants, maybe you can edit it yourselves and make it a bit better. It has SSAO in it but tbh nvidia SSAO looks better so you might wanna disable it and just use this for DOF. It blurs the HUD too which is a pain, i couldnt fix that. But theres like zero HL2 enb's out there so im afraid this is all youve got

http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/69640312/file.html

haikira

Heres the hl2 enb link if anyone wants, maybe you can edit it yourselves and make it a bit better. It has SSAO in it but tbh nvidia SSAO looks better so you might wanna disable it and just use this for DOF. It blurs the HUD too which is a pain, i couldnt fix that. But theres like zero HL2 enb's out there so im afraid this is all youve got

Nice comparison shots and thanks for the file link. I'll keep this handy, for when i do a rerun in the near future.

Nice comparison shots and thanks for the file link. I'll keep this handy, for when i do a rerun in the near future.

No problem, and if anyone wants to edit the ENB please post some shots. Would love to see if people can do more with it than i did. I dont know all that much about them, i just kept tweaking settings until the entire screen wasnt smeared with vaseline! Maybe someone more knowledgeable could get some good results from it

Khar

Cheers! Looking forward to messing around with it. I've been meaning to get round to a HL2 replay ever since Black Mesa finally came out last year.

Atruvius

My first pictures in this thread. Hope someone at least deems them worthy to be here. Used Steam Beta's lossless pictures.
ibzNqQD1JFUN0o.png

ibxfs2yj8IAs1z.png

Will be posting some more Skyrim shots unless someone yells "NO!".

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This argument will go on for a few more pages and then everyone will STFU, because they realize they can't do shit about it. Don't care what they say, do your thing. I like seeing variety, so now you've got a fan. You've been posting in here for a while, right? I could swear I've seen that MC in Skyrim before. The people in this thread seem to just nitpick something for each week so they don't get bored. Keep posting what you post. In all, there are like 3-4 people whose opinions you might end up caring about. The rest are just filler. There's also a lot of new blood here, so I guess there may be more.

This is an internet forum, sometimes people will take the piss out of you; you don't have to hop in pretending like the shots are great. If people can't accept criticisms, they can never improve or be open to changes.

And it's not like every week we don't get 12 ENB heavy, blurry, super saturated Skyrim posts. If someone comes in here posting bad lossy jpegs we'll give our thoughts, if they post typical steretypical Skyrim shots we'll give our thoughts as well.

Spazznid

This is an internet forum, sometimes people will take the piss out of you; you don't have to hop in pretending like the shots are great. If people can't accept criticisms, they can never improve or be open to changes.

And it's not like every week we don't get 12 ENB heavy, blurry, super saturated Skyrim posts. If someone comes in here posting bad lossy jpegs we'll give our thoughts, if they post typical steretypical Skyrim shots we'll give our thoughts as well.

This can e said both ways. I, however was true to my appreciation of his shots. There was one or two I disliked, but the others (from now and before) I genuinely liked. I also like other people's shots. I never said any were great. That's a choice for third parties. I like them though, and I'd rather he kept refining his style than make it more in line with things I've seen already.

This is an internet forum, you are correct, and I gave my opinion as well as some personal advise. I also gave a few observations. I never learned that the best way to criticize someone was to mock them openly with the only acceptable route being for the criticized to conform to my "Safe Zone".

I'd rather not Mock anyone else's shots for fear of being banned. Criticism I can do. I guess that's just because I expect people to be banned for continued outright mocking of others, or being a dick in general.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This can e said both ways. I, however was true to my appreciation of his shots. There was one or two I disliked, but the others (from now and before) I genuinely liked. I also like other people's shots. I never said any were great. That's a choice for third parties. I like them though, and I'd rather he kept refining his style than make it more in line with things I've seen already.

This is an internet forum, you are correct, and I gave my opinion as well as some personal advise. I also gave a few observations. I never learned that the best way to criticize someone was to mock them openly with the only acceptable route being for the criticized to conform to my "Safe Zone".

I'd rather not Mock anyone else's shots for fear of being banned. Criticism I can do. I guess that's just because I expect people to be banned for continued outright mocking of others, or being a dick in general.

Mocking someone and joking are entirely different.

No ones being scournful towards him. Everything doesn't have to be so tame and muted and filtered - they're jokes dude.

No one is saying anyone has to conform to a safe zone but in the same way we give opinions on great shots, we'll give our opinions on what we feel are bad ones too.

After lurking this thread for ages of not being a member, and lurking it because I was too lazy to install fraps and steam screenshots got compressed I have finally made it in here. Just saying, feels great man.
jjabramsresizedxnud5.png

pigeonsnchoppersresiz0gkdp.png

Top Bottom