• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 06•23-25•17 - Transformers snore than meets the eye, Woman keeps up with Cars

Shambala

KuCWflX.gif

"He was begging for help."
"Then Optimus Prime shot him in the fucking face!"
Begging for help after he murdered iron hide n others. Nah fuck him lol

OH BOY Transformers talk I'm in

3. "The boy and his first car" dynamic in the first film that Spielberg brought

I still really like this part. They screwed up on part 2 but brought it back in part 3 pretty well IMO

Nononono nono ononononon ONONONONNONONO

Edit: The third movie had Bumblebee like, flying off an overpass, ejecting sam, Transforming, catching Sam, and transforming back into a car.

That was pretty cool.

Say what you will about 3, but that sequence + all of Chicago was pretty goddamn awesome

Toa TAK

Banned
No. The transformations aren't cool. It's a bunch of fucking nothing. The whole thing is too busy for the eye that you won't catch on anything. It's a ton of metal scraps doing shit and ending up like a robot or a vehicle.
Shut it down folks.

The transformations aren't cool. At all. Not one bit.
Begging for help after he murdered iron hide n others. Nah fuck him lol
Yeah, I have less of an issue with this (traitors suck), compared to how he continued to fuck up Megatron.

The ending of that third movie is still hilarious

*Sentinel beats Optimus in fight*

Optimus: omg please don't kill me

*Not-Megan Fox talks to Megatron*

NMF: Yo you suck eggs also go save your worst enemy

Megatron: k

*Megatron saves Optimus*

Megatron: hey I want a truce

Optimus: no fuk u *decapitation*

Sentinel: Yo I'm sorry, I was a shithead but I was trying to save our home

Optimus: fuk u too *double tap*

I'm sure you'd defend Optimus killing Frasier Crane too.

This was also hilarious in both its' audacity (a Transformer blowing a human up) to its' simplicity (of course he would do that)

kswiston

*Megatron saves Optimus*

Optimus is a robo-racist, perpetrating his hate crimes on the big screen at $200M+ a pop

Bronx-Man

Banned
As much shit as Snyder's Superman gets
and rightfully deserves
, at least he hasn't turned into a bloodthirsty psychopath over the course of 5 movies

kswiston

As much shit as Snyder's Superman gets
and rightfully deserves
, at least he hasn't turned into a bloodthirsty psychopath over the course of 5 movies

He still has 3 movies.

Also, there's no way we make it through the entire DCEU without seeing this panel sequence on the live screen

man-who-has-everything-burn.jpg

Maybe not with Mongul, but he will say that to someone.

What's funny is that Dark of the Moon's initial ending was different. Originally, Optimus actually was going to accept Megatron's truce, and he and the remaining Deceptions would of returned to Cybertron. They actually kept this ending for some of the licensed media like the novelization and comics.

Shaanyboi

Banned
The ending of that third movie is still hilarious

*Sentinel beats Optimus in fight*

Optimus: omg please don't kill me

*Not-Megan Fox talks to Megatron*

NMF: Yo you suck eggs also go save your worst enemy

Megatron: k

*Megatron saves Optimus*

This was also hilarious in both its' audacity (a Transformer blowing a human up) to its' simplicity (of course he would do that)
In fairness, and I can't believe I'm about to defend a fucking Michael Bay Transformers movie about this... but Sentinel and Megatron did straight up vaporize a fuck ton of humans. Like... Who cares about their motives or their current intentions at that point? Fuck them.

That said, the way it plays out is so hilariously callous and cruel that it's still absolutely a piece of shit take on Prime.

They should start over and Pixar that shit. Does Paramount even have an animation division? Seriously, I'm totally blanking here and it would be weird for them not to, wouldn't it?

Paramount did start an feature animation division back in 2011 (Paramount Animation), based off of the success of ILM's Rango and because their distribution deal with DWA (which had been largely successful for most of the deal's duration) was set to expire the following year. They've only released the second SpongeBob film and Monster Trucks, however; they have two films planned for a 2018 release.

kswiston

$3.08M Monday for Wonder Woman, down 36% from last week. I think that it will just barely miss Suicide Squad's domestic total after today. BvS falls on Friday.

BumRush

B.O. GAF has easily become my favorite community on this forum. There's no (serious) fighting between posters and
if you remove Bronson's contributions
the commentary is literally better than many B.O. focused sites out there (thanks Swiss, BGE, etc.)

How dare you insult me like that

I strive on all avenues to not contribute anything beyond an awful take on why Idiocracy was terrible

jett

D-Member
I always did kinda appreciate with what they were trying to do with the Transformers. They basically wanted to make them look more like a high tech alien race rather than blocky cartoony mechs as seen in G1. I also think it lend itself to some pretty neat looking transformations sequences.

Optimus_First.gif

Rather than simply being "oh they bend over and pull their arms back and now they're a car ahuh" as seen in other TF incarnations, the Transformers here like completely re-arrange their entire structure like a really complex Rubik's Cube. Dunno, I just think it looks cool. But yeah, ultimately they just went too far with too many details and pieces everywhere and thus most of the bots just kinda end up blending together, especially in Bay's super fast paced robot battles.

Prime-1-Optimus-1.jpg

I really like this concept art of Optimus Prime from John Nizzi. Still has that high tech alien look I mentioned before but it also has a more compact, recognizable design. If they ever reboot this shit, I wouldn't mind them using designs like these.

I think they tried to give Optimus easier-to-read shapes in TF5, but I'm just basing it on the poster.

Toa TAK

Banned
I think they tried to give Optimus easier-to-read shapes in TF5, but I'm just basing it on the poster.
Yeah, the change from 3 to 4 was more welcome.

Though I still liked his original look.

Listen, just be glad I don't make these things.

He still has 3 movies.

Also, there's no way we make it through the entire DCEU without seeing this panel sequence on the live screen

man-who-has-everything-burn.jpg

Maybe not with Mongul, but he will say that to someone.

If any of the Alan Moore DC stories ever make it to the big screen, I pray it's this one and not Killing Joke. Yeah, this part's a little dark but the overall narrative could work really well as a movie I think.

Lima

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Hey I don't let RT dictate what I like okay. I got a soft spot for TF.

I also saw WW 3 times and I plan on catching all 4 showings of Baby Driver opening day here in Germany (god I loved this movie so much). At least I put my ass in the theater and support cinema. You just complain when a free advance showing is too far away from you.

kswiston

B.O. GAF has easily become my favorite community on this forum. There's no (serious) fighting between posters and
if you remove Bronson's contributions
the commentary is literally better than many B.O. focused sites out there (thanks Swiss, BGE, etc.)

It helps that most people in the box office threads are able to step back from their actual feelings towards various movies and not take numbers personally (*cough cough* NPD threads on Gaming Side *cough*)

At least I put my ass in the theater and support cinema. You just complain when a free advance showing is too far away from you.

It didn't take long for you to escalate to the flamethrower. It's not even noon in Bronson's time zone! He should at least be allowed to wake up fully before being roasted.

Hey I don't let RT dictate what I like okay. I got a soft spot for TF.

I also saw WW 3 times and I plan on catching all 4 showings of Baby Driver opening day here in Germany (god I loved this movie so much). At least I put my ass in the theater and support cinema. You just complain when a free advance showing is too far away from you.

Well that's because I'm important so I don't need to pay for things anymore

I was overseas and I'm moving in a week so the theater isn't a priority for me this summer

It didn't take long for you to escalate to the flamethrower. It's not even noon in Bronson's time zone! He should at least be allowed to wake up fully before being roasted.

It's never too early for the fire

kswiston

^^ What city are you moving to?

Also, Transformers 5 earned $4.72M on Monday. Age of Extinction's first Monday was $10.5M

kswiston

yours

I'm moving back to Philly, I live in the suburbs now.

Moving less than an hour away doesn't qualify as a big move. Especially if you are a single man. How much crap could you possibly have?

My last 3 moves were 600 miles, 250 miles, and now about 2000 miles. I hate moving.

BumRush

It helps that most people in the box office threads are able to step back from their actual feelings towards various movies and not take numbers personally (*cough cough* NPD threads on Gaming Side *cough*)

I will never understand "console wars"...maybe it's because I'm in my 30s and don't play videogames much anymore, but I never felt that way about SNES vs. Genesis, N64 vs. PS1, etc.

Lima

I think it was Gameproff that mentioned that Baby Driver got a name change in Germany to Drive Baby Drive. Where did you read this? I only see this on IMDb.

Promotion material showed up yesterday in CinemaxX cinemas (biggest multiplex chain here) which says Baby Driver and it's also listed as that in the booking system.

I'm hoping there was never a Blu-Ray vs HD DVD war here. It was before my time mostly.

Oh there was and it was glorious.

Lame

Come to the city of angels

Best weather

I'd pack up all my stuff and then immediately get robbed
which is what actually happened after my cross country move to Philly

Moving less than an hour away doesn't qualify as a big move. Especially if you are a single man. How much crap could you possibly have?

Enough that I can't pull the 'move everything in your car' gambit I did last time

I have to actually pack. And do things!

I don't envy you for that 2k move though. I did that when I was 18 and even then, whew

kswiston

I'd pack up all my stuff and then immediately get robbed
which is what actually happened after my cross country move to Philly

Enough that I can't pull the 'move everything in your car' gambit I did last time

I have to actually pack. And do things!

I don't envy you for that 2k move though. I did that when I was 18 and even then, whew

Having furniture makes things a pain in the ass. My wife and I are selling off 80-90% of our furniture for this move. None of our stuff is new enough to be worth the extra $3k that it would cost to move it.

The down side is that the house we are moving to in August is going to look like Matthew McConaughey's apartment in True Detective for a bit. Even the stuff that we are keeping will arrive a week after we do.

Having furniture makes things a pain in the ass. My wife and I are selling off 80-90% of our furniture for this move. None of our stuff is new enough to be worth the extra $3k that it would cost to move it.

The down side is that the house we are moving to in August is going to look like Matthew McConaughey's apartment in True Detective for a bit. Even the stuff that we are keeping will arrive a week after we do.

I sold everything with the house for my last move. If I move again, I'm going to do the same thing

kswiston

I'm hoping there was never a Blu-Ray vs HD DVD war here. It was before my time mostly.

There sort of was, but it was just a PS3 vs 360 proxy war, and I saw more of it on gaming side.

I sold everything with the house for my last move. If I move again, I'm going to do the same thing

The only furniture that I am keeping is some modular shelving that can collapse to basically no space if I take it apart. Almost all of our appliances are going too. Definitely the big ones.

Personal stuff is a different matter. I have modest collections of SNES and Saturn games (both libraries could fit into a single box), but with the way used game prices have gone since I bought those titles, that collection is worth close to $2k. It's one of those situations where the extra cash would be nice for the move, but I know that I would never be able to justify repurchasing any of that stuff again. I halved my recent gen collections, but I have already pruned the older stuff in previous moves.

We also don't want to get rid of too much of my daughter's stuff, since it will be hard enough to move to a new house at 3 years old. She was a baby when we moved to our current place, so this is all she remembers.

This biggest hit besides furniture in this move is books. My wife and I had 4 full six-foot bookshelves of books. 75% of those are gone. I have a collection of non-fiction hardcovers that are out of print and will never be re-printed in any format. Some of those are coming. Most of the rest are books for my daughter currently, or in the future.

Top Bottom