• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Acorn

I have googled some of my questions and couldn't find good answers.

I'm power level 266.

1. Does Power level Matters at trials of the nine? or is it like the Crucible ?
2. Do Exotic quests need multiple people? If so I have a friend who is in the low 200s, could we do them now and then do them again once he reaches 265 so that he get the weapons again at a higher level?
1. Doesn't matter in either
2. Some stages require multiple people(ratking), you can't get the guns twice on one character need an alt

Dineren

Banned
Looking for another player for the Rat King quest. I won't subject people to the Nightfall step this week if they're not up for it but I want to get the easy steps done.

Easy stuff is:

-3 patrols
-2 public events
-2 crucible matches

Should be pretty quick. Respond with gamertag if you need it / can help!

PSN: Appletz

I can't do this now, but on the off-chance you don't get this done tonight, I'll keep an eye out tomorrow and shoot you a message if you're online to get this done. I should be available 6pm cst - 1am cst.

Floody

Devour Voidwalker is now my favourite PvE class, it's such a fun PVE playstyle of being super aggressive, with near infinite health and grenades.

That was smoother than I expected, thanks guys.

Yep, it's really not too bad imo. The boss is just really boring to fight. Though I am super overleveled for it, which helps I guess.

Mezoly

1. Doesn't matter in either
2. Some stages require multiple people(ratking), you can't get the guns twice on one character need an alt

Thanks, I appreciate it.
I guess I would recommend my friend not to do them until he powers up. I guess I will do the Sturm quest by myself for now.
I'm tempted to try the trials at some point this week since power doesn't matter and hopefully get the one win Milestone lol.

Floody

Anyone else get the feeling that Calus is destroying people's desire to raid? I did an hour or so at him (after ~3 hours up to) and just have no desire to go back in. I look at the various LFG sites and its 90% 1 person looking for a group, very few groups looking for more people. Many of the posts have a sort of sad sack line in them, like "...spent 3 hours on Calus, really want to find a good group to kill him".

I just really don't enjoy the Gardens, it's the biggest turn off for me. Don't mind the rest, outside of Calus being a bit buggy at times.

Does ANYONE use sniper rifle in this game? I used it once and that's it..

Just occasionally for fun in PvP, super satisfying sniping a Super or headshotting a rushing player or 2. Not strong enough to take the spot of a RocketLauncher, Fusion or even Shotty.

Yup. I'm already expecting it and planning on taking a break when it happens.

Separating PvP and PvE would probably get me to play Destiny as my main game year-round, it continues to bum me out.

Well if Bungie wasn't too stubborn, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Their dumb philosophy is killing their game

Skeletron

Does the Warlock jump feel better eventually? I just started a new character after getting my Titan 298 and Warlock can't jump for shit. Dude cannot ball whatsoever.

darkwing

Anyone else get the feeling that Calus is destroying people's desire to raid? I did an hour or so at him (after ~3 hours up to) and just have no desire to go back in. I look at the various LFG sites and its 90% 1 person looking for a group, very few groups looking for more people. Many of the posts have a sort of sad sack line in them, like "...spent 3 hours on Calus, really want to find a good group to kill him".

because a single glitch or mistake = game over

Syntsui

Does the Warlock jump feel better eventually? I just started a new character after getting my Titan 298 and Warlock can't jump for shit. Dude cannot ball whatsoever.
You will get used to it, but it will never be as good as Hunter's. I use the second tier one and as long as you control the momentum, it's not that bad.

He's the easiest part of the raid I've found, did him tonight in a random group lol, we spent more time in the underbelly trying to loot those stupid chests.

I only got a few items even worth using for infusion, so I already don't care if I ever do it again lol, imho it wasn't really fun, they focus too much of platforming and less on strategic gun fights. I have more fun doing Nightfall and Strikes, shame the rewards are balls in both.

Floody

Yeah, Burst Glide at least makes it not completely terrible, but the Titan's jump is still a billion times better.

I tried a Warlock for the first time too after 3 years of Titan and immediately took back every complaint I ever had about Warlock melee range. They deserve it for tolerating that jump.

Skeletron

You will get used to it, but it will never be as good as Hunter's. I use the second tier one and as long as you control the momentum, it's not that bad.
Damn, I use Jumper control scheme so you know I am serious about the jumping. Don't know if I can take much more of this scholarly warlock prance/bounce. Hopefully the class abilities make it bearable.

Floody

Damn, I use Jumper control scheme so you know I am serious about the jumping. Don't know if I can take much more of this scholarly warlock prance/bounce. Hopefully the class abilities make it bearable.

Devour Voidwalker is amazingly good, especially for PvE.

Jblanks

Hopefully, I can get Calus done tomorrow. Really don't like the token system, now there's pressure of killing him tomorrow before reset or see yea tokens. Only thing I've gotten so far is the SMG; a lot of work for basically nothing so far.

Floody

Hopefully, I can get Calus done tomorrow. Really don't like the token system, now there's pressure of killing him tomorrow before reset or see yea tokens. Only thing I've gotten so far is the SMG; a lot of work for basically nothing so far.

You only lose the keys, not the Tokens.

amar212

As an 3000+ hours D1 player (no bragging, only shaming here), I can accept what he's saying, but I do not condone it.

From my perspective, all changes in D2 are great.

Today I can help to more than 90+ friends on my playlist who are not HC players to progress through endgame. In D1, I just "didn't have time to explain why I don't have to expalin" why I can't help them with this or that. And the reason was because I was too busy in grinding something.

Now, I can help them. I can spend time showing them Raid. Playing Crucible. Hewlping them with Quests. Strikes. Whatever.

Datto's perspective is valid, but in the universe he is presenting, Grind = God Roll stuff. Grid = Good Roll Carrot. Grind = Having Something Other Players Don't Have. And I do not condone that.

Creating equal playspace is the essence of quality design. D1 was utterly broken design for those who didn't commit crazy amounts of time to grid their godrolls.

I approve all D2 changes by great margin.

The way this is going, my friend group and I (pl 270-275) will never win any trials game/round.
Isn't there any match making involved? Or if there is, then there simply aren't any low skilled players on our level.
Depressing.

Thanks for the Trials run guys!

May as well pass on the hard learned lesson: make sure you plug in your controller when it's low, so it doesn't conk out the moment right before you're about to take out the guys disarming the bomb on the very last round. D:
Cosmically bad timing.

Got the Prosecutor tho which is about as good a drop as can be expected, so that made the loss sting a bit less lol.

Kyne

The way this is going, my friend group and I (pl 270-275) will never win any trials game/round.
Isn't there any match making involved? Or if there is, then there simply aren't any low skilled players on our level.
Depressing.

It's connection based, not skilled based.

Don't worry though. This is for the "greater good" whatever that means.

Pastry

Banned
So how do raids work?

I played all the way through to Callus tonight and couldn’t beat him so we stopped. My keys will expire on Tuesday but next week if I only want to beat Callus can I just join an in progress team that already has the keys up to him? And then I’ll get some gear and access to the vendor?

The raid was hard but I think I have the mechanics down pretty well now!

Floody

So how do raids work?

I played all the way through to Callus tonight and couldn't beat him so we stopped. My keys will expire on Tuesday but next week if I only want to beat Callus can I just join an in progress team that already has the keys up to him? And then I'll get some gear and access to the vendor?

You won't get any keys for joining a team at Calus, but will get the vendor, rewards for beating Calus (I got a 305 chest piece) and raid completion if you just beat Calus.

Yam's

So how do raids work?

I played all the way through to Callus tonight and couldn’t beat him so we stopped. My keys will expire on Tuesday but next week if I only want to beat Callus can I just join an in progress team that already has the keys up to him? And then I’ll get some gear and access to the vendor?

Keys have nothing to do with accessing Calus, you just get extra token by opening corresponding chests in the underbelly. Some are doable solo if you want to get your tokens before the weekly reset.

Trakan

Where I'm coming from is a position where I'd like to see balance in both modes. I want reasonable challenge (NF this week needs to be adjusted down in the future), no cheese/op stuff (Titan pulse arc nades needs adjusted down), and an even playing field in regards to weapons in PvP (Mida loses HCR and multi-shot sidearms get a look).

This is the worst idea. If anything, leave pulse grenades alone and bring up the other grenades. They've already nerfed the shit out of everything in this game compared to D1. Grenades take literally 3-4 times as long to recharge as they did in D1, they should be as powerful as a pulse grenade. With special weapons being gone and power weapons somehow being shittier than heavy weapons in D1 even though they're now your only real means of damage, combined with the shit ammo economy where you're always running out of ammo for literally all of your guns, grenades need to be a good source of damage.

Pulse grenades are NOT broken or OP, an enemy has to literally be standing in it for it to do damage. Things like TLW 111 bug or Thorn, those were broken/OP things. This and the Mida don't come anywhere close.

It's connection based, not skilled based.

Don't worry though. This is for the "greater good" whatever that means.

Trials is an endgame activity not meant for everybody. The game itself describes it as "high intensity." It's much more frustrating losing to something completely out of your control like lag than it is losing to someone better than you. Even with the old win-based system, there was no guarantee you'd face a team on your skill level, so I don't get the complaints. There was a guarantee you'd get matched against people with bad connections though.

Pastry

Banned
You won't get any keys for joining a team at Calus, but will get the vendor, rewards for beating Calus (I got a 305 chest piece) and raid completion if you just beat Calus.

Keys have nothing to do with accessing Calus, you just get extra token by opening corresponding chests in the underbelly. Some are doable solo if you want to get your tokens before the weekly reset.

So tomorrow if I gather a group as a fire team leader I can go directly to Callus since I have already beaten everything else?

Floody

So tomorrow if I gather a group as a fire team leader I can go directly to Callus since I have already beaten everything else?

If you or someone in your group has his checkpoint for the week, yep. If not no. You lose checkpoints on reset day (Tuesday)

Whoever has the checkpoint needs to be fireteam leader.

TsuWave

Just watched Skill Up's destiny 2 review and yeah, from now on Skill Up is the only reviewer/youtuber I'm trusting regarding this game. Agreed with everything he said.

Top Bottom