• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's Worldwide Distribution Failure Thread: Suffering of English Nintendo Fans

Owzers

Nintendo is in the business of making games, not releasing games. I'm going to go bake a cake and then put it on the shelf and not eat it.

Foffy

Banned
I still see that A Kappa's Trail, a DSiWare game, is still not listed as a game to be released in the US but not Europe. :p

I guess we're ignoring download-only games?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Foffy said:
I still see that A Kappa's Trail, a DSiWare game, is still not listed as a game to be released in the US but not Europe. :p

I guess we're ignoring download-only games?
Was it mentioned it the thread yet?

I will be going through and adding any suggestions that were placed in the thread over the weekend or any I missed originally soon.

WiiWare and DSiWare games can be added as long as someone points them out.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Seeing Monado #1 on Amazon's best selling video games chart is pretty awesome... did my part and preordered. Xenoblade and TLS are my 2 most wanted videogames right now, they MUST come out in America.

Foffy

Banned
Princess Skittles said:
Was it mentioned it the thread yet?

I will be going through and adding any suggestions that were placed in the thread over the weekend or any I missed originally soon.

WiiWare and DSiWare games can be added as long as someone points them out.

I think I mentioned it before! :p

jgkspsx

Sendit shipped Last Window right away. Still no news on Another Code R... which I'm slightly more eager for, and which is harder to come by.

I would totally buy both these games again if they came out here... if it helped Cing. But they're dead, and, you know, fuck Nintendo.

Adam J.

If they are going to be such dicks about putting niche games out in certain territories, they shouldn't region-lock their systems.

Can someone point me to some good import websites that have European games and will ship to the US? Sorry if I missed someone already posting some. I skimmed and didn't see anything. Maybe that would be a good thing to post in the OP.

Vercimber

I just wanted to note that I recently bought the PAL version of Disaster: Day of Crisis for my softmodded NTSC-U Wii-- and it's really a fun game. It is cheesy, but in a good way.

I just love how the suits at NoA decided that I couldn't play this one. It seems designed for the NA market, for god's sake.

Lots of things to do in the game, and the weapon/character upgrades give it decent replayability.

Duderz

Banned
I swear I have trouble even with the simplest explanations.

I followed the step by step guide for the Smash Bros exploit, and when I opened up the stage builder with my SD card the game froze and there's a buzzing sound now.

Help? It tells me to wait for the Homebrew to install, or did I mess it up?

Duderz

Banned
Yup, I sure fucked up. All of my VC games that I loaded onto my SD card are now gone. What the fuck did I do.

hatchx

Banned
I have a feeling they are going to announce Last Story and Xenoblade for NA, but maybe for early 2012, maybe even on the same disc.

They are seeing their mistakes, there is no way they are just overlooking the huge outcry for these games. I mean c'mon, Last Story is even hitting Australia!

They will come to NA, just a matter of if it will be too little too late.

Duderz said:
Yup, I sure fucked up. All of my VC games that I loaded onto my SD card are now gone. What the fuck did I do.
It sounds like your SD card may have been corrupted. Run a disk check. If you don't know how, then assuming you're in Windows, here's how:
- Put the SD card in your computer and go to [My] Computer
- right-click the SD card drive and click Properties at the bottom of the pop-up menu
- Click the Tools tab, and under Error-checking, click Check now.
- Check "Automatically fix file system errors" and then start the scan.

Edit: Nevermind, disregard that. IF you renamed your Private folder, then you won't see the VC games on the SD card. Don't worry about them, they're still on your SD card.

Duderz

Banned
Why would you do that? said:
It sounds like your SD card may have been corrupted. Run a disk check. If you don't know how, then assuming you're in Windows, here's how:
- Put the SD card in your computer and go to [My] Computer
- right-click the SD card drive and click Properties at the bottom of the pop-up menu
- Click the Tools tab, and under Error-checking, click Check now.
- Check "Automatically fix file system errors" and then start the scan.

Using a Mac, sorry. :(

I don't think it was corrupted (unless I did it!), since I've been loading VC games off it no problem ever.

hatchx said:
I have a feeling they are going to announce Last Story and Xenoblade for NA, but maybe for early 2012, maybe even on the same disc.

They are seeing their mistakes, there is no way they are just overlooking the huge outcry for these games. I mean c'mon, Last Story is even hitting Australia!

They will come to NA, just a matter of if it will be too little too late.

Australia is the same region as Europe, so I don't see what's weird they are releasing it there.

No, it won't come in NA, just accept it and import.

mr_chun said:
Gawd, some of these omissions are absolutely cringe-worthy.

Kinda want to import Starfy IV. Fire Emblem, too, if I could read Japanese.

Thanks for the guide. I may end up importing The Last Story if it doesn't make its way over here.
Import Fire Emblem 3 DS, then you'll be ready when the english fan patch is finished.

Socreges

Banned
Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū
Any chance of this coming to North America?

Also:
Known in Japan as Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~ (lit. "New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~")
Remake of Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo and sequel to Shadow Dragon
...is a remake of...
Released only in Japan as Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo (lit. "Mystery of the Emblem")[29]
Enhanced remake of Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi along with a sequel
...which is also a remake of...
Released only in Japan as Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi (lit. "Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light")[27]
First game in the Fire Emblem series
Can someone explain? It makes sense to me, but it just seems a bit strange.

I wish they'd re-release Thracia 776.

Socreges said:
Can someone explain?

Fire Emblem 1 for NES was released. Fire Emblem 3 for SNES is a direct story sequel to FE1 which also includes a remake of FE1. FE:DS is a (new, different) remake of FE1 alone and the new one is a remake of only the new part of FE3, not the remake part.

Socreges

Banned
charlequin said:
Fire Emblem 1 for NES was released. Fire Emblem 3 for SNES is a direct story sequel to FE1 which also includes a remake of FE1. FE:DS is a (new, different) remake of FE1 alone and the new one is a remake of only the new part of FE3, not the remake part.
Gotcha. Thanks.

Great thread, I'm gonna importing The Last Story PAL myself. I would import the Jap version, but as far as I know there's no translation patch. And looking through the OP, damn I want Project Hacker to hit the states now...

Shiggy

Hopefully full GCN and GBA lists:

gba1fke4.jpg

gba2wjs4.jpg

gba3j8ii.jpg

gba4sjfg.jpg

gcn1n84p.jpg

gcn2d8xx.jpg

gcn3bjli.jpg

Shiggy

So some statistics:

European gamers did not receive 32 GBA games which NCL published in Japan. Another one was only released in France.

North American gamers passed out on 31 GBA games which NCL published in Japan. Additional 3 NCL games were released by 3rd parties in the US.

European gamers did not receive 8 GCN games which NCL published in Japan. Another one was only released in France.

North American gamers passed out on 6 GCN games which NCL published in Japan. Another NCL game was released by Atlus in the US.

Slermy

Minor note, (19) Pokémon Box was also available on-line through the now defunct online store for the Pokécenter. That's how I bought mine.

Soroc

After watching the latest Xenoblade trailer I can't fathom how Nintendo wouldn't just pay the UK VA's some additional money and use it in NA. The VA is actually pretty good!

sfried

Soroc said:
After watching the latest Xenoblade trailer I can't fathom how Nintendo wouldn't just pay the UK VA's some additional money and use it in NA. The VA is actually pretty good!
I wish more Americans would share your view, because apparently according to market research, some people just don't understand through accents.

Socreges

Banned
jgkspsx said:
So... sendit.com delivered quite well. I had a perfectly good experience with them.
How long do they normally take? I'd like to order Pikmin 2 NPC and they say it's "usually dispatched within a month". I'm in North America.

Any other alternatives for ordering European games?

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I decided to try and soft mod my Wii since it's no longer reading discs in an attempt to load games from a HDD and also use Dolphin. I'm using the Indiana Jones game and ran into a problem once I the homebrew started to load. Below is what the screen says and the instructions from the OP:

Cleaning up environment... Eventhook release failed with code 0
OK.
SD card detected
Opening boot.elf:
boot.elf not found (-1)
USBGecko not found
No code found to load, hanging.

Guide, using Indiana Jones:
- Delete any Indiana Jones save games you have on your SD card or Wii.
- Plug your SD card into your computer.
- Download this: http://static.hackmii.com/indiana-pwns.zip
- Unzip the zip, drag the private folder onto your SD card.
- Download this: http://bootmii.org/download/
- Unzip the zip, drag boot.elf to your SD card. Do not put it inside any folder. Just drag the boot.elf file and have it on your SD card.
- Plug your SD card into your Wii.
- Boot Wii
- Wii Options > Data Management > Save Data > Wii
- SD Card > Indiana Pwns US Save > Copy to Wii's memory.
- Boot Lego Indiana Jones
- Load the save game.
- You will be in the college. Walk to the Art Room (through the courtyard). Inside the art room, approach the left character standing on a podium.
- When it zooms in on the character, choose the "Switch to" option.
- Lego Indiana Jones will now launch the Homebrew Channel installer.
- Wait while the installer runs tests.
- Press 1 when you are told to press 1 to continue.
- Your Wii will reboot, and you will see a "Homebrew Channel"
- Continue to Guide Part 2 below.
I ran into the error right after the bolded part. Can someone help me troubleshoot what's wrong?

Edit -
After searching the web, I found a common problem with the Indiana Pwns hack is that people are using the wrong type of SD card. Make sure that it's not SDHC and that it's 2GB or less.

My problem however was that there was no boot.elf file in the Indiana Pwns zip. I copied it from the hackmii folder and pasted it in the main menu of the SD card. Now I have the homebrew channel.

Here's a link to a video that helped:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kztoRRjiuxs&feature=player_embedded#!

Top Bottom