• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Thread

Mindlog

Asari uses all the same grunts and noises as the human. Biower...
How dafuq do people already have Vanquisher X at low Apex ratings.
Crazy luck. There's some sort of bias to drops beyond RNG it feels like, but I don't have numbers to back that up so for now it qualifies as superstition. I have a very high APEX rating and no Isharay. Game knows how much I hate reloading.
Thokin doesn't have a big enough clip. Revenant is only good while power by overcharge, it's average in the moments between overcharge. There's always a caveat...
If the Thokin clip were bigger I'd never use the Revenant and I didn't say it was just good in Turbocharge. In Turbocharge they are right there at the level of alarmingly effective. As in, 'Should a class be able to delete everything coming down that hallway with every cooldown?'

Vanquisher can delete everything too, but we all agree that needs a nerf😏
The UR classes are insanely strong even at card I. Just need to learn the mechanics or watch a video.

For example, Gladiator benefits from the pull cascade mechanic where all enemies in her hammer hitbox suffer the same bonus damage as the first pull target. Pull one mook, bring to heavies and hammer down, massive damage.

Invasion and shield boost makes the Operator the best support class in the entire game.

As for Avenger, power cells are super plentiful, she has excellent movement to get to them and ammo packs are overflowing anyways.
Agreed. The Duelist might be my favorite Vanguard. I-Frames everywhere and teleporting through walls makes dashing through rooms to engage very fun.

I like the Kineticist, but I hate leveling so I haven't used her on gold yet. She's as strong or stronger than the old Fury. I prefer to see her as this high skill ceiling character.

Alo0oy

Banned
I like the Kineticist, but I hate leveling so I haven't used her on gold yet. She's as strong or stronger than the old Fury. I prefer to see her as this high skill ceiling character.

I've seen that video, Biotic Ascension still sucks because it's tied to her shield being alive, she should only be knocked out of Ascension after death, not losing Shield.

Try staying with an active Shield against the later waves of the Kett or Remnants for any exteded period of time.

Biotic Ascension won't even be a factor once they add Platinum difficulty.

So I played a bunch of matches today on gold extracted about 75% of the time bought a bunch of the 20000 credit packs and I didn't unlock one single new character. So fucking annoying. I maxed out all my commons with the 5000 credit packs then moved onto the 20000 ones. Am I doing something wrong. I really want to unlock some new classes.

Renekton

If the Thokin clip were bigger I'd never use the Revenant and I didn't say it was just good in Turbocharge. In Turbocharge they are right there at the level of alarmingly effective. As in, 'Should a class be able to delete everything coming down that hallway with every cooldown?'

You can already mod an AR magazine to Thokin and drop the Revenant 😀

So far, Kineticists have been destroying Manguards in Gold. I can't wait to unlock this godly class

EekTheKat

Random Thoughts :

Inferno sniper rifle - quite good, high ROF, decent damage, overheating mechanic for reloads. The rifle seemingly has low staggering power so when you shoot things through cover it doesn't stagger them most of the time.

Does less damage than Vanquisher, but the high ROF and low staggering chance allows you to put several shots on target easily.

Sniper Receiver mod works with this rifle, and can do damage/shoot through walls with it.

Tested Sniper Receiver mods on a few sniper rifles, as apparently whether or not it does damage when you shoot through walls are rifle specific :

Black Widow - works. Feels like the old game almost being able to pick off targets through cover.

Vanquisher - doesn't work. This is probably the rifle used in the vid demonstrating that Sniper Receiver is broken on some rifles.

Lanat - doesn't work. Sad - as this gun seemingly has a lot of potential. Can one shot Sharpshooters through shield via a fully charged shot.

Naladen - doesn't even attach to this gun - understandable given how this gun works.
explosive rounds

Duelist is my favorite class at the moment, whereas the Avenger/Huntress is my workhorse class. Duelist plays like a mini-fighting game at times when you go one on one vs a Bezerker.

I love the Duelist too. The Backlash power is so much fun to use against some enemies.
I like the Huntress too, but Im not very good/effective with her. Her powers dont seem to have a good synergy. Generally, I just spam Throw as much as possible and shoot the targets out of the air. I wouldnt go any higher than Silver with her right now.

I was scratching my head for a solid hour after getting the Huntress and couldn't find a good way to spec or play her. She doesn't work well as a traditional cloak sniper because the grid works on power cells, and throw and lance don't allow for easy self-detonations. There's the "run up to a dude and punch him in the face" melee approach, but I'd rather do something more interesting. How well does maxed lance work for stagger/initial damage and damage boost?

Now the Asari Sentinel is a fun character. So many possibilities that I want to max all of her powers.

I love the Duelist too. The Backlash power is so much fun to use against some enemies.
I like the Huntress too, but Im not very good/effective with her. Her powers dont seem to have a good synergy. Generally, I just spam Throw as much as possible and shoot the targets out of the air. I wouldnt go any higher than Silver with her right now.

Duelist is my second favorite Asari, right after Ms. Splosion Man (Adept). Duelist is a bit more tactical, but Adept is just a non-stop explosion party.

Can't get into Huntress or Sentinel much, but I tend to be very mobile when I play.

Akai__

I haven't seen netcode this bad since Halo 2 P2P, which was in 2004...

Game stability is also incredible. Got to love when you just randomly crash to the dashboard in Wave 6 or 7...

Mindlog

I managed to finally get the Salarian Operator and that is the kill stealingest kill stealer ever. Steady stream of Invasion explosions and enemies I never shot at being credited to me.
You can already mod an AR magazine to Thokin and drop the Revenant 😀

So far, Kineticists have been destroying Manguards in Gold. I can't wait to unlock this godly class
It puts my Thokin ~33 rounds.
My Rev has ~3x that with a slower RoF.
Still like the Thokin.

hbkdx12

Managed to max out my asari adept but still stuck on rank IV because i can't get any fucking cards to drop >_<

I can't help but feel like these lootboxes are rigged and naturally there's no real way to know. Spent all afternoon play with my asari adept and must have opened at least 20 advanced boxes and continually got cards for uncommon classes that i've never even touched. Now all my uncommon classes are rank 7 or above whereas my asari adept is still on rank IV although she's completely maxed out. Doesn't feel like a coincidence

But holy hell, Vortex for annihilation is a straight up game changer. I was just about ready to give up on her because i felt like i didn't have any good close range weaponry but now that dudes just float in the air helpless is just crazy OP

Last match i had a vanguard just tail me the whole match charging at enemies that would be lifted in the air. It was pretty bad ass

Also, for a game that has balancing issues, they sure seem to balance the cheesy/annoying enemy in each enemy class

Kett - Ascendant & Fiend, Remnant - Observer & destroyer, Outlaw - Berserkers who continually spam flak cannons

PrankT

Managed to max out my asari adept but still stuck on rank IV because i can't get any fucking cards to drop >_<

But holy hell, Vortex for annihilation is a straight up game changer. I was just about ready to give up on her because i felt like i didn't have any good close range weaponry but now that dudes just float in the air helpless is just crazy OP

Last match i had a vanguard just tail me the whole match charging at enemies that would be lifted in the air. It was pretty bad ass
I've tried a lot of versions of the asari adept and also think vortex is the way to go. Radius, vortex, debuffs, throw with cooldowns is how I spec.

Renekton

I can't help but feel like these lootboxes are rigged and naturally there's no real way to know. Spent all afternoon play with my asari adept and must have opened at least 20 advanced boxes and continually got cards for uncommon classes that i've never even touched. Now all my uncommon classes are rank 7 or above whereas my asari adept is still on rank IV although she's completely maxed out. Doesn't feel like a coincidence
On the bright side, she just needs to max Annihilation and the two passive trees.

d3vnull

Any chance the Juggernaut Shield Armor comes back into the item store?
Missed it the first time and it seems quite mandatory for a melee build...

I've tried a lot of versions of the asari adept and also think vortex is the way to go. Radius, vortex, debuffs, throw with cooldowns is how I spec.

I prefer max cooldowns over radius. Whatever gets me more explosions sooner. You just have to be more mobile with a smaller Annihilation field, which is fine by me.

Right now My AAdept is specced 6,6,4,5,5. I'm contemplating dropping Lance 4 for either Biotic Expert / Warrior or Active Barrier (for survivability in Gold).

EekTheKat

Balance could be something taken care of in later patches, but the crashing absolutely should be addressed asap. Especially when it causes loss of exp/credits and consumables when you lose connection.

cooldown speed bumps don't really help that much though. usually you might as well take the power boost/radius over gaining like .6 seconds in between powers.

PrankT

cooldown speed bumps don't really help that much though. usually you might as well take the power boost/radius over gaining like .6 seconds in between powers.
Works great for staggering and immobilizing enemies while also keeping up weapon/melee buffs. Cooldowns are pretty vital for me.

Pheace

I love the Asari Adept but I don't always enjoy someone tailing me because sometimes you really need to keep hitting things to keep your shield up and it's already tough enough without swishing a ton of times sometimes without someone killing the enemies close to you as well. (granted kills help recharge as well but still)

Mindlog

I take radius on Asari just to maxmize the amount of damage I completely mitigate. Whatever is floating can't hurt you. BEs and TEs don't do enough damage to armor for me to need them at a slightly faster pace. Run in, jump melee, kill everything is my style. Almost like a slow Vanguard.

That said; I really want to try Kineticist/Shield Lance with the Sentinel Shield Barrier.

Balance is actually a lot closer to being fair than most believe, but I really hope the person in charge of MP fought hard as hell to include weekly balance updates and the sort. The weekend Apex mission is an insufficient replacement for balance updates everyone would rush to test and weekly packs that guaranteed a halfway decent reward. There were many MP community members trying to remind Bioware how important that was to the whole process way before MEA was even announced.

I love the Asari Adept but I don't always enjoy someone tailing me because sometimes you really need to keep hitting things to keep your shield up and it's already tough enough without swishing a ton of times sometimes without someone killing the enemies close to you as well. (granted kills help recharge as well but still)

I'm usually running circles around my teammates as an AAdept. Only Vanguards can really keep pace. Biotic Dash > *

Also Jump Melee > Standing Melee, as it still grants shield recharge and doesn't involve as much whiffing and facing the opposite direction of your target. Melee lunge combined with lag is the worst.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is the Asari Huntress worth it? It seems like the game is telling me to use her by having her already at rank III when my APEX Rating is only in the mid 2000s and my Asari Adept which is a lot more interesting to me is still at rank I.
I'm not much of a fun of Lance since it doesn't lock on targets, Throw seems worthless unless you have a teammate spamming primers. Only Stealth Grid seems somewhat interesting.

Is the Asari Huntress worth it? It seems like the game is telling me to use her by having her already at rank III when my APEX Rating is only in the mid 2000s and my Asari Adept which is a lot more interesting to me is still at rank I.
I'm not much of a fun of Lance since it doesn't lock on targets, Throw seems worthless unless you have a teammate spamming primers. Only Stealth Grid seems somewhat interesting.

Well, there's no contest between Asari Adept and Huntress (or the Adept and most other power-based classes, really). The old ME3 Huntress was a great character with her biotic cloak bonuses and Dark Channel, but this new one... yeah, I really have no idea what she is meant to be.

I've been playing with a shotgun build, running around blasting people and staggering/finishing with Lance or Throw. That seems to work relatively nicely, despite Lance being a horribly limp replacement for Warp. The problem is that Stealth Grid works better as an oh shit button than a damage bonus (it's a really good oh shit button, though), and that most shotguns can't even kill a mook with one magazine on silver. The Dhan staggers reliably and hits pretty hard, but I need to rank it up; Disciple sucks ass and Talon I beats them all. Of course there's the melee punchress build, but that's boring.

The Huntress wins on style, though. Great outfit.

No, I'd say Huntress is a bottom-tier class. The powers just don't really have any synergy.
If they had replaced Throw with Pull, then I could see a little utility as a Kineticist-lite. Even Stealth Grid is better utilized in the Angaran Insurgent Class.

You're better off with any other Asari class. ESPECIALLY AAdept, which is viable all the way to Gold (with some decent weapons and a few more cards of course).

Xevren

Firebase Paradox being added to the map rotation (finally) this weekend. Supposedly talking about balance stuff on the next stream but I dunno, I don't care about playing until the patch is out. Right now it just isn't fun and their communication has been complete shit.

Madness

Firebase Paradox being added to the map rotation (finally) this weekend. Supposedly talking about balance stuff on the next stream but I dunno, I don't care about playing until the patch is out. Right now it just isn't fun and their communication has been complete shit.

What do you expect. Edmonton is probably deep into their game, Austin back on their game. Montreal is probably trying to salvage what is left of their studio trying to just patch basic functionality. So many bugs, glitches, broken quests, memory leaks, PS4 Pro version is trash if you see it. I agree this MP isn't fun. ME3 MP was fun from the first match. I complained nonstop about its inclusion but spent severam hundred hours playing. Even solo gold playing against Banshees was fun. I hate playing this even with Silver sometimes. So much rubber banding and cheap enemy design and level design. I don't think I have finished a silver wave where we didn't have a team use several cobra rpg at times. Can't imagine gold.

What do you expect. Edmonton is probably deep into their game, Austin back on their game. Montreal is probably trying to salvage what is left of their studio trying to just patch basic functionality. So many bugs, glitches, broken quests, memory leaks, PS4 Pro version is trash if you see it. I agree this MP isn't fun. ME3 MP was fun from the first match. I complained nonstop about its inclusion but spent severam hundred hours playing. Even solo gold playing against Banshees was fun. I hate playing this even with Silver sometimes. So much rubber banding and cheap enemy design and level design. I don't think I have finished a silver wave where we didn't have a team use several cobra rpg at times. Can't imagine gold.

Once you've upgraded a bit, Silver is pretty smooth for the non-crap classes with a few halfway decent weapons thrown in. the only time I find I need to use Cobras in Silver is if my team is bad and getting constantly overwhelmed, or we're against Kett and either Wave 6 Upload or Assassination comes up. Because screw Ascendants FOREVER.

Gold....is manageable, but Cobras do smooth a lot of that experience out. I don't have a huge problem with that, given it is the top difficulty right now.

Mindlog

I can basically sleepwalk through Gold. Just some hacks can get extremely hairy when everything spawns right next to the node.

Yeah, oddly enough I find gold much easier in this game than ME3, even with the lacking power damage and gun damage.

Really starting to appreciate the design of the Kett faction, just hoping for a fix in the next patch for teleporting Fiends because they're usually the reason teams get wiped.

Also managed to nab a human kineticist and am having a blast with her. Priming enemies with disruptor ammo, then using pull+throw either with or directed to the primed enemy=stun combos for days.

Jamaro85

Vanquisher has made life so easy on gold. Prior to getting it I felt like a liability damn near unless I was running melee vanguard, and now it's 20K every game and carrying using human infiltrator. If Vanquisher and melee weren't so OP I doubt I'd be playing this game right now. I'm considering giving the AAdept another run though with how much you guys are raving about her. I just fear having barriers drop way too easily without charge to refill them.

hbkdx12

Vanquisher has made life so easy on gold. Prior to getting it I felt like a liability damn near unless I was running melee vanguard, and now it's 20K every game and carrying using human infiltrator. If Vanquisher and melee weren't so OP I doubt I'd be playing this game right now. I'm considering giving the AAdept another run though with how much you guys are raving about her. I just fear having barriers drop way too easily without charge to refill them.

That's how i used to feel before i maxed out my AAdept. The only other character i had maxed before her was my human vanguard so i was very spoiled at the idea of constantly having shields.

She is a bit squishy in the beginning but the end of one of the passive skill trees gives you 100% shield when your health reaches a low enough threshold and it resets every 8 seconds i believe. So unless you're just in the thick of it taking constant damage, you're survivable. Combine this with vortex for annihilation where unarmored and unshielded enemies are forced to float in mid air rendering them defenseless, it actually behooves you to actually run into combat in order to get less people shooting/attacking you.

PrankT

Asari Adept is in a league of its own. Great character.

I just unlocked the Salarian Operator last night and this is another great/unique character. I hate leveling in this game, especially when I can't rank their cards up, but I can see that the Operator can be fantastic without maxing out. Invasion is a really cool idea.

Mindlog

Invasion is one of the easiest ways to inflate your score.

There are more weapons that are properly balanced than are not. Pretty confident in that now. Fixing the mechanical issues (broken mods, bad bloom AR systems, reloading) is more important to me right now and I don't know if that's the center of attention.

Akai__

I'm not willing to play anymore, because I keep crashing on Wave 6 and 7 and get nothing. Meanwhile, people join in my place and earn the full mission reward. Plus the netcode is just garbage, but I keep repeating myself like a broken record...

Mindlog

Oh yeah!
Strike teams need to offer MP supplies. My main campaign is done and waiting for DLC with that maximum number of packages just sitting there doing nothing. Throw some first aid packs my way in MP.

deafmedal

Oh yeah!
Strike teams need to offer MP supplies. My main campaign is done and waiting for DLC with that maximum number of packages just sitting there doing nothing. Throw some first aid packs my way in MP.

Great idea, and I would also love a 'buy multiple..." option, especially in the item store. Sucks having to scroll to health/revive packs every.single.fucking.time.

While we are at it, add an ammo consumable option- charge 10-15 MF for a random rank I-III. That would be great.

pmj

Yes to these ideas. And they need to add an "open all" option for the packages in singleplayer because opening a couple of dozen takes ages and frequently bugs out.

Also I'd like feedback (UI/sound) when things like shield save thing and Ascension are available. I was wondering why sometimes I'd see people punching the air for no reason. Then I got the Kineticist and now I'm the idiot that keeps punching the air.

I can't agree on the weapons. They feel bad to use. I'm sure you could call them balanced because the game isn't impossibly hard or anything, but they're not any fun. Firing away all 50 or whatever bullets in your Charger at a nearby Overseer and then having to reload because you're not even through its shields feels bad. And then firing away 50 more bullets and it's still not dead. It's so bad. When it's usually not a good idea to use your gun if you have an opening to run up and punch, that's a problem.

Jamaro85

I like how I can get 27k points in some multiplayer matches with my Asari Adept.

Damn son.

Asari Adept is in a league of its own. Great character.

I just unlocked the Salarian Operator last night and this is another great/unique character. I hate leveling in this game, especially when I can't rank their cards up, but I can see that the Operator can be fantastic without maxing out. Invasion is a really cool idea.

What weapons/leveling paths are you guys going with on the AAdept? Gonna start leveling her again now.

Invasion is one of the easiest ways to inflate your score.

There are more weapons that are properly balanced than are not. Pretty confident in that now. Fixing the mechanical issues (broken mods, bad bloom AR systems, reloading) is more important to me right now and I don't know if that's the center of attention.

I only tried a couple games using it but it seemed to give only a few points for damage/assists (as in +10 or so). I only have it ranked half way up so maybe that has to do with it? Perhaps you could elaborate on how it gets you points.

PrankT

What weapons/leveling paths are you guys going with on the AAdept? Gonna start leveling her again now.
I use:

Throw (6): radius, recharge, detonation/recharge
Annihilation (6): radius, debuff, vortex
Lance (1): N/A
Offensive biotics (6): recharge, debuff, weapon damage
Barrier (6): max shields, melee shields, saving barrier

I started with annihilation and barrier, then offensive biotics, then throw. The asari adept is cool because there are a variety of options you with with, but this is what I've settled on after a lot of gameplay with her.

Jamaro85

I use:

Throw (6): radius, recharge, detonation/recharge
Annihilation (6): radius, debuff, vortex
Lance (1): N/A
Offensive biotics (6): recharge, debuff, weapon damage
Barrier (6): max shields, melee shields, saving barrier

I started with annihilation and barrier, then offensive biotics, then throw. The asari adept is cool because there are a variety of options you with with, but this is what I've settled on after a lot of gameplay with her.

What weapon are you running with? When I go around trying to punch everything like a vanguard I just get lit up. I really feel like there's something I'm missing here because I am getting wrecked running with her. I only have her at level 15, rank V or so, but I feel like even if I maxed out her skills I'd still be struggling.

Edit: I just noticed you have vortex. I guess the 30% shield restoration upon death of an enemy in annihilation range isn't a huge part of her survivability? Heck I have that selected but even that doesn't save me from death.

Edit #2: Ok, I guess getting the 20% debuff and bonus damage from offensive biotics would help a lot. Saving barrier preventing death once every 10 seconds would also be pivotal. And finally I only have throw at level 1, so perhaps having that maxed with a much faster recharge would make a difference.

PrankT

^I use the equalizer and raptor. I've played with shield and vortex and find vortex does a better job of keeping you alive. However, people who max out lance usually go with the shield restore. The melee shield restore is all I need.

Jamaro85

^I use the equalizer and raptor. I've played with shield and vortex and find vortex does a better job of keeping you alive. However, people who max out lance usually go with the shield restore. The melee shield restore is all I need.

Ah, I forgot to give the Equalizer a shot; I've heard good things about it. Gonna try Raptor and that for now.

On another note I now have the Ushior II and rare Shotgun Mod VI. This damn game man.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I only tried a couple games using it but it seemed to give only a few points for damage/assists (as in +10 or so). I only have it ranked half way up so maybe that has to do with it? Perhaps you could elaborate on how it gets you points.

My skill points look pretty similar to PranktT(although I'm not yet lvl 20 and only rank III, but that's what I'm planning to get eventually). Vortex render a lot of enemies in close range defenseless, so it greatly help your survivability.

I use the Equalizer most of the time, unlimited ammo with decent damage is hard to pass. Add a melee mod and it goes great with your melee + shield skill.
Might need a 2nd low weight weapon for those times you're forced to use ranged damage(like the Hack/Upload objectives) because the Equalizer can't hit anything that is farther than 20 something feet. Personally using the Sidewinder since sniper rifles are too heavy and I want to stick to 100% recharge.

pmj

I respecced my Asari Adept to be shield powered, because that seems to be what is recommended. Not sure I'm feeling it just yet as I keep finding myself in situations where I lose shields and can't use Lance, and then I'm in trouble. But when you do well you fly around the map, exploding everything with no cooldowns to bother you, and that's pretty great. And since cooldowns aren't a factor, you can pick whatever guns you like no matter how much they weigh.

Vortex is nice and all, especially to deal with dogs sneaking up on you, but if you pick that you can't have the shield-restoring Draining Field. Going with shield restoration always seemed like the obvious way to go for an aggressive class like this.

Top Bottom