• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clips of Hans Zimmer performing with live orchestra at Coachella 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to see this live at weekend 2 of Coachella. Wish he played something other then The Gladitor theme, but everything else was amazing

Anyone have links to the full concert? Apparently it was livestreamed but can only find the 3 videos.

Your best bet is to ask around the Coachella subreddit to see if anyone saved it. Coachella doesn't like their streams being available after the fact.

For MOS, well I guess that goes to show how much I don't care about the other pieces on that soundtrack for me not to remember that heh.

For Inception, it actually had a function in that movie's script, given that aspect of slowed time throughout the entire movie such as when he took an Edith Piaf song, slowed it down to the extreme and worked with that. He also applies it well to his other leimotifs, which is a shame because they never released a complete score to the movie that really emphasizes it.

The problem now is that most people -- be it composers or other filmmakers -- misinterpreted that to "LIKE EPIC" (because it kinda is anyway) and just went with that. Even Zimmer himself has said at some point that he's fed up with it. And to his credit, with Interstellar, 12 Years A Slave and The Little Prince, he seems to be straying from those kinds of OSTs.

It's mostly producers / filmmaker who love temp-tracking it because of how simple it is.

And 12 Years A Slave is not a great example of Zimmer not using the horn / BWAAM though, since that score is basically just a rehash of Time anyway. Definitely not one of his finest hours as a composer anyway.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Got to see this live at weekend 2 of Coachella. Wish he played something other then The Gladitor theme, but everything else was amazing

Your best bet is to ask around the Coachella subreddit to see if anyone saved it. Coachella doesn't like their streams being available after the fact.
I indeed found one, secretzzzzzz

Ima get drunk and watch this.

~$275USD, which is ridiculous. I saw Final Symphony (FF orchestra) for about 1/3 of the price, and I got the best seats.

Thats nuts.....but id still pay it to see the Zimmer.

Boogie9IGN

Got to see his SF show last week and it was great. Ended up paying about $550 for two seats but he's the gf's favorite so it couldn't be helped. The only thing I was sad he didn't play was Fighting 17th from Backdraft or Red Warrior from The Last Samurai, I always loved those two. I can't really remember him playing anything from The Rock either but the Crimson Tide track sounds alike enough where it wasn't really missed.

He ended the concert with Time from Inception, it was preeeeetty epic

black_13

Banned
Those are really well done! Thanks for posting this.

Was just listening to the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack last night.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Damn just finished watching the whole thing. Wish i could have been there. Seems like a pretty massive festival. Thanks OP didnt know about it until now.

Mauddib

Banned
I just caught his tour in Berkeley last night.

This is easily the great live performance I have ever seen. Nothing comes close. It's a reality bending, mind altering, rabbit hole enveloping performance. Starts off with lighter stuff, but by the mid point of the show, it's transformed into its own audio visual beast that is at times terrifying and haunting in its visuals and terrifyingly good in its performance.

Everyone needs to experience this.

This is easily the great live performance I have ever seen. Nothing comes close. It's a reality bending, mind altering, rabbit hole enveloping performance. Starts off with lighter stuff, but by the mid point of the show, it's transformed into its own audio visual beast that is at times terrifying and haunting in its visuals and terrifyingly good in its performance.

Gah! He's playing here in LA tomorrow and Santa Barbara on Sunday..

I wonder if I could sneak away.. I'd love to see this.

Yeah I went to his 1st one in LA a couple months ago solo and I'm going to the one tomorrow with my friend and his girlfriend

Mauddib

Banned
Gah! He's playing here in LA tomorrow and Santa Barbara on Sunday..

I wonder if I could sneak away.. I'd love to see this.

Beg, borrow, steal. It's that good.

Yeah I went to his 1st one in LA a couple months ago solo and I'm going to the one tomorrow with my friend and his girlfriend

Jealous. I would do anything to see it again.

Links have been pulled from YT. My sis saw him in Toronto recently and said it was the best show she has ever been to.

She's not wrong. He must have a deal with the devil, because I've never seen anything remotely like this. It's like your favourite trippy music video x 100.

It really is the greatest performance I've ever been to. I was absolutely blown away. Apparently they recorded the 2016 Prague performance and will be releasing it in theaters, DVD/BluRay, and streaming. I think they'll also be releasing just the audio, which is amazing because some of the arrangements of the songs are incredible. I'll be buying day 1.

Toa TAK

Banned
It really is the greatest. I was absolutely blown away. Apparently they recorded the 2016 Prague performance and will be releasing it in theaters, DVD/BluRay, and streaming. I think they'll also be releasing just the audio, which is amazing because some of the arrangements of the songs are incredible. I'll be buying day 1.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited for that release.

I saw his performance live in Houston this month. Easily one of the best live shows I've ever seen. He even brought Lebo M on stage to sing Circle of Life after all these years was just sublime. He did works from:

Inception (Time was actually his closing song. So perfect)
Gladiator
Crimson Tide
Batman Begins / Dark Knight / Rises
Interstellar
Pirates of the Caribbean
Sherlock Holmes

There were a few others, I can't remember them off the top of my head right now. The man truly has a passion for what he does and introduced all of his orchestra and band with him and gave their back story.

Kyle549

Links have been pulled from YT. My sis saw him in Toronto recently and said it was the best show she has ever been to.

I saw it NYC. Such a great show. There are plenty of YT clips out there.

Try searching user 'Ersan' or 'Edwin Long' on YT - the latter might be better bc he's closer to the stage.

I went to the one in London, on June 15th. It was pretty spectacular. I recorded the entire show(tripod FTW) except for the last 10 minutes, the battery died since the show was longer than 2 hours lol and I recorded some of it using my phone just to get a better view of the stage, here's some of that footage for those that are interested.

POC Medley
POC Medley 2
POC Theme
At one point, Trevor Horn(The Buggles) came on stage and they played "Video Killed The Radio Star" because Hans was playing the keyboard in the music video back in the day.
And he was also a RAP GOD
Man of Steel theme
The Thin Red Line
Bane theme
Inception - Mombasa
Inception -Time
Interstellar Medley

Mauddib

Banned
It really is the greatest performance I've ever been to. I was absolutely blown away. Apparently they recorded the 2016 Prague performance and will be releasing it in theaters, DVD/BluRay, and streaming. I think they'll also be releasing just the audio, which is amazing because some of the arrangements of the songs are incredible. I'll be buying day 1.

Awesome. I was just talking to my girlfriend about how I hope this is being recorded for release.

What didn't she kill? What an incredible performer.

Oh and the drummer Satnam Ramgotra - his solos were mesmerizing.

I only mention that one because it is one of the very few Zimmer songs that I loathe. But the live performance of it was incredible.

Went again yesterday and it was just as great as I remember. My friends really loved the use of lights since they didn't know what to expect going into the concert.

Ashhong

Went again yesterday and it was just as great as I remember. My friends really loved the use of lights since they didn't know what to expect going into the concert.

Was there as well. Loved it. He's probably one of the only composers I listen to outside of a movie. I remember listening to the Gladiator soundtrack as a kid and loving it. Never imagined I would ever have the chance of going to a damn concert by the man himself. Amazing

JB1981

I went to the one in London, on June 15th. It was pretty spectacular. I recorded the entire show(tripod FTW) except for the last 10 minutes, the battery died since the show was longer than 2 hours lol and I recorded some of it using my phone just to get a better view of the stage, here's some of that footage for those that are interested.

POC Medley
POC Medley 2
POC Theme
At one point, Trevor Horn(The Buggles) came on stage and they played "Video Killed The Radio Star" because Hans was playing the keyboard in the music video back in the day.
And he was also a Interstellar Medley

Dat Interstellar medley. Whew!!

CFMOORE!

saw the show last night as well. it was goddamn incredible and the Inception encore was amazing. I loved the lights during the intro, it was so cool, it felt like Inception in another form. Truly amazing performance by the whole stage. I managed to nab some great footage too.

Magnus

Was lucky enough to see this show live in Toronto through work for free. Was so good. Pirates, Lion King, TDK, Inception and Interstellar medleys were all incredible.

Edit- looks like OP's links have been taken down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom