• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

kuppy

Oh right, only one week left, nice.

edit: I'm actually quite amazed how I still know nearly nothing about the game, besides it being awesome, so yeah, I prepare myself pretty hard for being blown away.

ss-hikaru

Super pretty OT! I've been trying to keep informed of as much BD news as possible, but hadn't heard about the deathblows, thanks! I LOL-ed at the flamboyant red mage trying to take away attention from the main four on the OT image though XD The first job I assigned Ringabel in the demo was red mage, and now that I know a bit more about his personality it seems oh so suitable :p

I usually hate it when games have multiple endings, but the job system makes things so re-playable I'm actually looking forward to it. Plus I love the battle system, I know you probably don't need to grind, but if I do I won't find it tedious one bit!

Not sure which cover I'll end up getting (Australia...) since we're meant to be part of Europe but aren't really... When I checked the EB games website it looked like the original cover (my preference). Guess I"ll find out in a weeks time ^__^

ramyeon

Not sure which cover I'll end up getting (Australia...) since we're meant to be part of Europe but aren't really... When I checked the EB games website it looked like the original cover (my preference). Guess I"ll find out in a weeks time ^__^
We're getting the same cover that Japan and Europe are getting, all sites should have been updated with that. The one EB had up before was just the cover for the original Japanese release because there was no official Australian artwork released yet.

About those alternate outfits, are those solely from the Collector's Edition or will they be in the standard edition as well?

We don't even know if the alternate costumes will make it outside Japan. I recall a post in an earlier thread that linked to a tumblr mentioning that the costumes will be in, but there was no official source cited.

Pretty sure I will be getting this when it hits NA. Never play JRPGs much but being hooked on Pokemon and enjoying some of Fire Emblem makes me think I should give it a shot. It really grabbed my interest in the last Direct.

Necrovex

The art style is adorable, but this game goes to some dark places. I was genuinely surprised by how crazy things would get.

It's the guy who wrote Steins;Gate, so I expected as much. I heard all about it from Redsungamer, which, if I am not mistaken, you were (are?) a host on.

It's the guy who wrote Steins;Gate, so I expected as much. I heard all about it from Redsungamer, which, if I am not mistaken, you were (are?) a host on.

Haha. I'm pretty sure it was primarily me and RevenantKioku (Eric) going on about that game foooooooorever on there.

Haha. I'm pretty sure it was primarily me and RevenantKioku (Eric) going on about that game foooooooorever on there.
Haha I was waiting on the spoiler cast you guys were gonna do when Cheesy finished XD...got my answer on the latest RSG on what happened >_<

But at least I'll enjoy the twists more, even though I got spoiled at parts cause I was looking for information when making the OT.

At least I don't know the build up to the twist etc and I took one for the team, so the peeps here aren't spoiled =D

ss-hikaru

Haha I was waiting on the spoiler cast you guys were gonna do when Cheesy finished XD...got my answer on the latest RSG on what happened >_<

But at least I'll enjoy the twists more, even though I got spoiled at parts cause I was looking for information when making the OT.

At least I don't know the build up to the twist etc and I took one for the team, so the peeps here aren't spoiled =D

Awwww thanks, I've been trying to avoid spoilers like crazy especially since the story is meant to be so good, that really sucks for you :( :( :( The OT is amazing though, so yeah, thanks heaps! (and thanks for answering my questions in the demo thread XD)

clem84

Gold Member
Sorry if this has been asked before but, has it been confirmed that the US is getting the collector's edition?

edit: nevermind it's been confirmed. Hurray!

Awwww thanks, I've been trying to avoid spoilers like crazy especially since the story is meant to be so good, that really sucks for you :( :( :( The OT is amazing though, so yeah, thanks heaps! (and thanks for answering my questions in the demo thread XD)
Haha it should be fine, like I said I don't know what happens and why the twist so I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyway =)
Sorry if this has been asked before but, has it been confirmed that the US is getting the collector's edition?
NA is getting a CE, I've linked the thread on the OP, just click on American Bravely Default CE. NA is basically getting the same CE except figure not sure about box though.
Probable dumb question, but in the op, does USK somehow stand for United States of (Kraken? Kabobs?) America?
USK is Germany's age rating board, they have a different rating system to the PEGI one used by the rest of Europe.

Zhao_Yun

Will definitely grab this one but probably not at launch. Demo was good and I liked the difficulty level of normal fights (there is nothing more boring than turn based rpgs with easy battles). I am not too fond of job systems in general which is why FFV is my least favorite FF on the SNES but I hope the game keeps me entertained nevertheless!

Anustart

Haha it should be fine, like I said I don't know what happens and why the twist so I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyway =)

NA is getting a CE, I've linked the thread on the OP, just click on American Bravely Default CE. NA is basically getting the same CE except figure not sure about box though.

USK is Germany's age rating board, they have a different rating system to the PEGI one used by the rest of Europe.

Thanks! Wasn't sure, because the op stated the game was releasing stateside then I saw that and was confused. Pardon my American ignorance :)

Edit: And just saw the NA at the bottom, now I feel real dumb. Also, enraged. FEBRUARY!!??

I love the concept art, love that the story was written by the Steins;Gate writer, love the old-school JRPG focus. But the in-game character designs, ugh, no. I feel sorry for the concept artists that do these amazingly elegant, mature designs, and then the 3D character artist turns those into super deformed characters. Why, Japan, why??

ramyeon

I love the concept art, love that the story was written by the Steins;Gate writer, love the old-school JRPG focus. But the in-game character designs, ugh, no. I feel sorry for the concept artists that do these amazingly elegant, mature designs, and then the 3D character artist turns those into super deformed characters. Why, Japan, why??
It's supposed to be a throwback to classic JRPGs, I think it looks great.

I basically just learned about this game today through this thread, though I had heard the name before, and even though I don't own a 3DS and don't play to buy one because I just don't personally like/have a place for handheld gaming... but damn does this look good. I love the title, and I would have thought same thing based on the preview. I'm excited to see S-E putting out a title like this, and I genuinely hope it has great success. Hope you all have a blast.

I especially liked the combat system described and that picture with all the various jobs. Terrific.

Varna

Is the game pretty story heavy with lots of hand holding?

This sounds interesting to me, but I'm going to instantly lose interest if the plot is very intrusive.

So it's really that good? How is the soundtrack? Fully orchestrated? Uematsu?

How is the difficulty? Just right or nintendofied and hand holdey with easy battles?

So it's basically a game like FFV right?

I've listened to the soundtrack on youtube and it's amazing imo. Some memorable stuff in there.

Varna

These two don't necessarily go hand in hand.

The game is very story driven, but it's not hand holding. The game pretty much lets you go around and do whatever, and 75% of the jobs are optional.

Thanks. I'll keep my eye on this one. It kind of reminded me of FF3 when I first saw this game. I really enjoyed the way that game handled things... story snippet here, followed by a long bouts of gameplay.

ivysaur12

Banned
"Ringabel" isn't a name. I mean, most FF names aren't names, but come on.

(I'm stupid hyped for this game. Love my new 3DS)

Kuntz

Aaaaand subbed too!

I'm craving for a good job based ff-style rpg with enormous replayability (festa-like jobs challenge oh god yes) so i'll buy this day one.
Hell, I even would have payed for the demo as I got more enjoyment out of it than with games I payed for.

Gambit

Every job has something good about it.
Merchant or whatever they're gonna call it, especially, is super good for getting exp and money quicker. A job most people probably wouldn't give a second glance to.

Thank you. Sounds great. Funnily enough "merchant" is also the job I mentally excluded already. Now it's back in the mix.

Jenoss

Banned
One questione for the japan people that have play it.

Can you play the game after the ending, there is some sort of postgame?

One questione for the japan people that have play it.

Can you play the game after the ending, there is some sort of postgame?

Don't want to spoil much but you can play the game after the ending and there's a postgame boss. Not sure about the crossover boss from 4WoL, whether it can only be accessible before or after the ending

nin1000

Banned
Great way to start the day! Good job on The OP its beautiful.
The waiting game shall now begin!
send a pm in order for you guys to add me, cant wait any longer!

Jenoss

Banned
Don't want to spoil much but you can play the game after the ending and there's a postgame boss. Not sure about the crossover boss from 4WoL, whether it can only be accessible before or after the ending

Thanks for the reply.

I have some few questions:

There's a way to see or finish in the alternative endings without the necessary to load old save files?

There is some sort of new game+

How much "hard" is the hard difficulty? (fire emblem "hard mode" is like a normal in my opinion)

Thanks in advance

roknin

Somehow this game kept slipping past my radar until this month. Argh can't wait for this to release...

So this is where my style of FF went? I'm fine with it <3

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
In a way this fulfills what a lot of us have wanted: stop branding every Square game a spinoff of FF and have the opportunity to develop some new IP for once.

dc89

why_can_t_i_hold_all_these_games.jpg

Seriously, this month is amazing. This game, Zelda, Mario, PS4. Shame I can't afford it all. :(

Gambit

Do the characters have different affinities for the jobs? (Like Agnes is best for magical stuff, while Edea is a physical attacker) Or am I free to choose?

Seriously, this month is amazing. This game, Zelda, Mario, PS4. Shame I can't afford it all. :(

Skip the PS4 (for now). Less "greatness awaits", more "greatness".

Between Bravely Default and ALBW I am partying like it's 1992. It's a SNES renaissance!

Top Bottom