• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiger Woods arrested for DUI

How the mighty have fallen. TW was my favorite golfer of all time. Shame to see him have his career ruined.

http://www.wpbf.com/article/breaking-tiger-woods-arrested-in-jupiter/9945916

Rough mugshot

woods-1496072264.jpg

Edit: Statement from Woods claiming it was because of medication

“I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions,” Woods wrote in his statement. “I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn’t realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly.” Woods apologized to his fans and pledged to “do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again.” Woods closed his statement by thanking the Jupiter Police Department and the Palm Beach County sheriff’s office.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/tiger-woods-speaks-dui-arrest-unexpected-reaction-prescribed-medication-000638898.html

Reported lab results show no alcohol in his system, doesn't absolve him driving while drugged up but does seem to corroborate his statement:

JJH

Don't understand how someone in his position can get a DUI with all the options we have today.

Don't understand how someone in his position can get a DUI with all the options we have today.
This is my thought every time this happens. I'm dirt poor compared to Tiger but I still make sure to at the very least Uber when I know I'm going to be drinking. He can afford to have a chauffeur drive another chauffeur to pick him up.

Dynomutt

Damn. I know he just finished that back surgery and said he felt better than ever. Why Tiger? Damn I miss old Tiger Woods. Get help and best of luck man.

I think he's done with golf.

entremet

I remember when he was a moral golden boy.

Integrity matters. It will catch up to you. Dude should've stayed single if he wanted to play the field aka, The Jeter Way.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Come on, Tiger. You got Dial Up A Private Helicopter Money and you're getting snatched up on college level DUI charges. Not like this, not like this.

The problem when you are that rich is you want to show off your fancy car or whatever, limos aren't impressing anyone these days. It's just an out of control ego.

Fox318

Just goes to show you.

He was never the same after his personal life collapsed.

You don't suddenly forget how to putt like he did.

he ruined his body and his mind because of the father issues he had and everything came to a head.

I continue to fail to understand how these rich athletes can get DUIs instead of hiring drivers when they want to drink.

The downfall continues.

Sephzilla

Just goes to show you.

He was never the same after his personal life collapsed.

You don't suddenly forget how to putt like he did.

he ruined his body and his mind because of the father issues he had and everything came to a head.
His game was deteriorating before the personal life stuff happened, to be honest. His game started declining when he switched swing coaches and fucked with near perfection.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is my thought every time this happens. I'm dirt poor compared to Tiger but I still make sure to at the very least Uber when I know I'm going to be drinking. He can afford to have a chauffeur drive another chauffeur to pick him up.
He is worth like $800 million so he could practically afford to buy Uber

Top Bottom