• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2017

tolkir

nintendodown7yqso.png

7f5TM.png
Thursdays, 9 A.M. PT

iOS (8.0 or higher), Android (4.2 or higher) | Nintendo Mobile Software

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

New Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Lifespeed (Wee Man Studios | $5.99) Upcoming 02/02

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

vYU92.png
Thursdays, 3 P.M. GMT+1

• Koi DX (Circle Ent. | €3.99 | £3.89) Upcoming 02/02
  • Star Splash: Shattered Star (Snails Animation | €3.49 | £2.99) Upcoming 02/02
  • Shadow Archer (Ultra Dolphin Rev | €2.99 | £2.69) Upcoming 02/02
  • Brick Race (Rcmadiax | €1.49 | £1.39) Upcoming 02/02
  • Color Cubes (Rcmadiax | €1.49 | £1.39) Upcoming 02/02
  • Maze Break (nuGames | €7.00 | £TBD) Upcoming 02/09

• Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Mojang)
    Villains Skin Pack (€1.99 | £1.59) Upcoming 02/01

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Bomberman '94 (Konami | Turbografx | €6.99 | £6.29) Upcoming 02/02
  • Gradius (Konami | Turbografx | €6.99 | £6.29) Upcoming 02/02

• Lifespeed (Wee Man Studios | €5.99 | £4.99) Upcoming 02/02
  • Hit Ninja (Petite Games | €1.99 | £TBD) Upcoming 02/09

• Punch Club (tinyBuild Games | €9.99 | £8.99) Upcoming 02/02
  • Legna Tactica (Kemco | €9.99 | £8.99) Upcoming 02/02

• Dragon Ball Fusions (Bandai Namco Games | €39.99 | £TBD) Upcoming 02/17
  • Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (Nintendo | €39.99 | £34.99) Upcoming 02/03

uxwGK.png
Wednesdays, 2 P.M. JST

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hoping for March to revitalize these threads, the last few months have felt so barren. plz let Switch have a better VC release/selection.

Also, huh, didn't know Tank Troopers was F2P. Maybe I'll check it out.

Not sure on FE Heroes, gatcha-style games aren't my thing. Still waiting on Super Mario Run for Android.

jholmes

Since things are looking really sparse for North America at the moment, I'd like to bring up Little Ninja Brothers, one of the late-January Virtual Console releases on the Wii U.

It's really weird, mostly in a good way. The gameplay is also incredibly repetitive, which sucks. If you know of Kung-Fu Heroes, it's the sequel to that. The gameplay is the same but now instead of just being a series of levels, those action bits serve as the combat for an RPG. It's also really weird. Like I said, it's very grindy, but if you can stomach that you might think it's a bit of a hidden gem.

I also did a LTTP thread about Muscle March if you're thinking about going through and finding some Wii gems before the Switch lands. I wouldn't put this in the "gem" pile per se, but it is cheap and it is definitely a singular experience.

donny2112

Switch VC will be a trickle again. Maybe they can put stuff on sale on the "old" systems when something goes on sale on Switch. (~_^)

tolkir

I don't think it is, unless something changed and I didn't hear about it. It was 800 yen in Japan. I can't find anything in Google about it being F2P.

Seriously, I made up. I saw no price on Nintendo page, and the description says "free-for-all in local multiplayer", but probably it's download play or a mode.

So, better to write 'TBD.'

BooJoh

Bomberman '94 and Gradius for Wii U VC in NA tomorrow.

EDIT: I'm assuming the bit at the bottom about GameCube controllers is just copy-and-pasted from the Wii release, so as stated above 5 players will probably just require the Gamepad + 4 Wii Remotes/Pro Controllers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, we're getting the TG-16 stuff as well.

.........too bad I'd rather wait to see how Switch VC is handled at the moment.

TheMoon

EDIT: I'm assuming the bit at the bottom about GameCube controllers is just copy-and-pasted from the Wii release, so as stated above 5 players will probably just require the Gamepad + 4 Wii Remotes/Pro Controllers.

of course.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you guys could only afford Megaman X2 or X3, which would you choose?
X2. X3 isn't bad, but it feels the most "expansion pack" or "DLC add-on" esque, if that makes any sense.

X3 & X5 are perhaps the most "alright" in the series. They're certainly not the worst, but there's others I would much rather prefer.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo Mobile

Fire Emblem Heroes – Nintendo's hit strategy-RPG Fire Emblem series is now reimagined for smart devices. Fight battles customized for touch screens and on-the-go gameplay. Summon characters from across the Fire Emblem universe. Develop your Heroes' skills and take them to new heights. This is your adventure – a Fire Emblem that's like nothing you've seen before! Available today on App Store and Google Play, this application is free to download and offers some optional in-app purchases.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World – Discover a handicraft world bursting at the seams with creativity, as you guide Yarn Yoshi or Yarn Poochy through clever side-scrolling stages. Unravel secrets, toss yarn to weave platforms, and power up with woolly transformations. All stages from the Wii U version are joined by new ones starring Poochy and more Nintendo 3DS exclusive features. A free demo for Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World is also available to download in Nintendo eShop.

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Gradius – To save the planet in this TurboGrafx-16 space shooter, you must deploy the hyperspace fighter Vic Viper to fight the Bacterion invasion. Pilot the Vic Viper through seven stages, shooting and dodging through deadly obstacles, while using various power-ups, including missiles, lasers, options and shields. The Vic Viper's target is the enemy fortress, Xaerous. The only way to end the war is to plunge deep through the enemy forces and destroy its very core.
- BOMBERMAN '94 – The explosively fun BOMBERMAN gameplay is blowing up on Wii U! Place bombs, gather power-ups and ride different ROOI to defeat enemies and conquer stages in this classic action-packed TurboGrafx-16 game. You can even participate in tag-team matches, ensuring that you'll have a blast!

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Great deals this week include Swap Fire, Soccer Up 3D and CUP CRITTERS (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS), plus several more! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

Get ready for Valentine's Day with My Nintendo – Valentine's Day is coming up! Reward yourself or a loved one with discount rewards on digital games featuring the characters you love, as well as multiplayer games you can play together. Go to https://my.nintendo.com/ to redeem points today.

Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash (Nintendo 3DS)
Paper Mario (Wii U)
Rhythm Heaven Megamix (Nintendo 3DS)
Dr. Luigi (Wii U)
Game & Wario (Wii U)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Wii U & Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:

- Lifespeed (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Legna Tactica (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Star Splash: Shattered Star (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- I C Redd (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Lucentek Beyond (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Roto13

Is anyone else not getting an upgrade fee for Bomberman 94? It's full price for me. Other games I own still have the discount.

Is anyone else not getting an upgrade fee for Bomberman 94? It's full price for me. Other games I own still have the discount.

Me too yesterday. The 50% discount shows up now though.

It's actually the first game I could upgrade because I didn't transfer my few Wii stuff. So my Wii mode is just filled with Neo Geo games and Bomberman '94.

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Plantera (Ratalaika Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Free if you downloaded the Nintendo 3DS version)

In the world of Plantera you grow your own garden and breed plants and animals to earn coins with their produce. Use the coins to buy new plants and animals, and also special items and garden expansions.

Watch everything grow, help planting and harvesting, buy new things, and defend your garden from sneaky magpies, rabbits, foxes, and wolves. Raise your level and the productivity of your plants and animals!

Earn more and more, and create your own dream garden!

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (Square Enix, N64 VC) - €9.99/£8.99
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber is a tactical RPG. Featuring a gripping storyline with multiple possible endings, and a genre-defining character class system, this strategic epic has rightly retained its place in the hearts of tactical RPG fans for over a decade. The game tells the story of Magnus Gallant, a recently graduated officer of the Palatinean Army who is assigned to the troubled southern region of his native land. There he witnesses the plight of the lower classes – the victims of a tyrannical ruling elite whose only thought is for the preservation of their own lofty status. With civil war brewing, Magnus is faced with a terrible choice: to betray his own noble origins in the name of liberty, or turn a blind eye to the evils of his rotten society.

Words Up! Academy (CoderChild) - €2.99/£2.69
Becoming part of the Academy is not easy; its most illustrious members are waiting for you, ready to challenge you in this extraordinary puzzle and skills game. Prove your mastery of language in WordsUp! Academy... and dare to challenge them and get their approval!

Maze Break (nuGAME) - €7.00/£6.00
Breakout Maze is a mix of a breakout game and a puzzle game. With the goal of finding your way through mazes of increasing difficulty while breaking blocks and aiming for a high score.

Special offers
Grand Prix Rock 'N Racing (EnjoyUp Games) - €4.95/£4.45 (Ends March 9, normally €7.99/£7.19)
Shadow Puppeteer (Snow Cannon) - €10.49/£9.44 (Ends March 2, normally €14.99/£13.49)
Frankenstein - Master of Death (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends February 23, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Joe's Diner (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends February 23, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends February 23, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Word Search by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends February 16, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Super Destronaut 2: Go Duck Yourself (Petite Games) - €1.59/£1.43 (Ends March 2, normally €1.99/£1.79)
SDK Paint (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - €3.49/£3.19 (Permanent, was €5.00/£4.50)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Plantera (Ratalaika Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Free if you downloaded the Wii U version)

In the world of Plantera you grow your own garden and breed plants and animals to earn coins with their produce. Use the coins to buy new plants and animals, and also special items and garden expansions.

Watch everything grow, help planting and harvesting, buy new things, and defend your garden from sneaky magpies, rabbits, foxes, and wolves. Raise your level and the productivity of your plants and animals!

Earn more and more, and create your own dream garden!

Azure Striker Gunvolt: The Anime (Inti Creates, Video) - €2.79/£2.49
The Azure Striker Gunvolt series, which released on the Nintendo 3DS in August 2014 is striking back onto the scene with an anime adaptation. It is a standalone OVA that's about as long as an episode of a TV anime show that features the original Japanese voice cast and a brand new English dub. Put together by superstar anime studios LandQ Studios and Touhoku Shinkai, the Gunvolt anime presents a scenario that fans of the series will be familiar with while simultaneously presenting a deeper look into the world of Azure Striker Gunvolt.

Geronimo Stilton Vol. 1 (Atlantyca, Video) - €2.99/£2.69
There are six episodes included in this volume:
Ravenrat
The Great Jelly Bean Adventure
Bloodlines
Sea Rats
Chips and Dips
Temple of the Dragon's Gasp

Geronimo Stilton Vol. 2 (Atlantyca, Video) - €2.99/£2.69
There are five episodes included in this volume:
The Creepy Cowboy of Cactus Gulch
The Emerald Chest
Chauncey and the Secret Cheese
The Cave Mouse
Say Cheese

Geronimo Stilton Vol. 3 (Atlantyca, Video) - €2.99/£2.69
The Mermaid Mouse
Lord Trap
The Legend of Big Toes
The Disappearance of Nelson Napmouse
Chase Trailor and The Golden Rodent

Geronimo Stilton Vol. 4 (Atlantyca, Video) - €2.99/£2.69
The Incredible Shrinking Stiltons
Dino-Mice!
Dude Where's My Shark?
Pole Rat
The Fabumouse Fountain Of Youth

Geronimo Stilton Vol. 5 (Atlantyca, Video) - €2.99/£2.69
Return to the Dojo
Magic Mice
If I Could Talk to the Animals
A Brief Engagement
Parmezani Crush

Swapdoodle - Dollo's Cat Doodles (Nintendo, Add-on Content) - €2.99/£2.69
You can learn to draw various cats in absolutely adorable poses! Nikki's art instructor, Dollo, will teach you how to draw some of the cuddliest cats you've ever seen in this set of feline doodle lessons.

Swapdoodle - Dollo's Dog Doodles (Nintendo, Add-on Content) - €2.99/£2.69
You can learn to draw various dogs in really cute poses! Nikki's art instructor, Dollo, will teach you how to draw plenty of pups. Try learning how to draw your favourite breed in this canine lesson set!

Swapdoodle - Nikki's Enchanting Fairy Tale Friends (Nintendo, Add-on Content) - €2.99/£2.69
You can learn to draw famous fairy-tale characters and lovely princesses like Alice and Cinderella! Your favourite artist, Nikki, is ready to help you make some magical doodles!

Special offers
Pixel Paint (Rainy Frog) - €2.99/£2.99 (Ends March 2, normally €3.99/£3.99)
Collide-a-Ball (STARSIGN) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends February 23, normally €1.99/£1.99)
Ping Pong Trick Shot (STARSIGN) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends February 23, normally €1.99/£1.99)
Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends February 23, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends February 23, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Pazuru (Joindots) - €4.79/£3.19 (Ends February 23, normally €5.99/£3.99)
Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends February 16, normally €7.99/£7.19)
Word Search by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends February 16, normally €7.99/£5.99)

Nintendo eShop (New 3DS)

Hit Ninja (Petite Games) - €1.99/£1.79

In this arcade game your task is to hit all the targets with your shuriken. Beat the target score on every level and become a ninja legend! Enjoy the intuitive and fun launch mechanic which becomes more challenging at higher levels! This colourful 3D graphics and the Japan inspired settings is waiting for you!

Nintendo 3DS Theme Shop

Hello Kitty wears Carnival dress (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89

Hello Kitty celebrates Carnival with a Joker dress

Hello Kitty Valentine's Day (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty celebrates Valentine's Day

Mr. Men Little Miss in London (Mister Men) - €0.99/£0.89
Mr. Men Little Miss enjoy their time in London

Little Miss Valentine's Day (Mister Men) - €0.99/£0.89
Little Miss excited for Valentine's Day

Javier

I was alway interested in this, is this the first game in the series?
Third, actually. The first two were SNES games later ported to PS1. The first one was localized for America in its SNES original form as well as PS1, but for the second game only the PS1 version was localized.

Europe didn't get any of the games until over a decade later with the PSP port of the 2nd game and VC releases of the 1st and 3rd.

Of course they release things like this now on Wii U, because years ago just would have made too much sense!

Also probably ensuring the hopeful Switch version is 3 years away as well.

It's gonna get so tiresome starting again with the VC stuff every gen.

Dee Dee

Third, actually. The first two were SNES games later ported to PS1. The first one was localized for America in its SNES original form as well as PS1, but for the second game only the PS1 version was localized.

Europe didn't get any of the games until over a decade later with the PSP port of the 2nd game and VC releases of the 1st and 3rd.

Thank you so much for educating me, as a poor EU sob that never got these games.

EU PSN only offers me "Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together". I assume that's the second game you speak of (the PSP port).

But I found the first one ("Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen") on Wii VC in EU! Now how the flip do I even get Nintendo Points for that?

EDIT: Credit card, apparently!
I suppose it's not worth the wait for the first part of the series to hit Wii U VC?

Zeeman

So reports are the US eShop is now accepting non-US (credit / debit) cards. Source

Interesting, I wonder if that's the case in Canada as well. It seems to be easier to find US eshop cards online with a discount than Canadian ones.

e: Oh wait, whoops, I mixed up eshop cards and credit cards

PtM

Banned
Thank you so much for educating me, as a poor EU sob that never got these games.

EU PSN only offers me "Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together". I assume that's the second game you speak of (the PSP port).

But I found the first one ("Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen") on Wii VC in EU! Now how the flip do I even get Nintendo Points for that?

EDIT: Credit card, apparently!
I suppose it's not worth the wait for the first part of the series to hit Wii U VC?
You can use a eshop card on Wii (mode). You could even buy 64 on it, in 60 Hz too, though it's 12€ with the nonsmoker's tax.

Experien

What are some must have party games for Wii U? Ones that casual gamers would have fun with along with more serious ones.

I have Mario Party (newest), Wii U Party, NintendoLand, Spin the Bottle, Runbow, Sportsball, and Mario Kart 8.

Any others to recommend?

Shizza

What are some must have party games for Wii U? Ones that casual gamers would have fun with along with more serious ones.

I have Mario Party (newest), Wii U Party, NintendoLand, Spin the Bottle, Runbow, Sportsball, and Mario Kart 8.

Any others to recommend?

That's a solid lineup already. Smash is another great one. I have a bunch of friends that don't do much gaming, but they're always down to play smash when they come over (both guys and gals).

jholmes

Any others to recommend?

Game & Wario's pictionary game, Starwhal, Dungeons & Dragons, Tank Tank Tank, Super Mario 3D World, StarFox Guard if you're OK playing single player and everyone else watches the screen and responds, Bomberman '94.

Experien

Game & Wario's pictionary game, Starwhal, Dungeons & Dragons, Tank Tank Tank, Super Mario 3D World, StarFox Guard if you're OK playing single player and everyone else watches the screen and responds, Bomberman '94.

Game & Wario's pictionary? is that just one game on the Wii U game? I did get that from Nintendo but don't have it DLed.

Dungeons & Dragons? What game is that? Or is that the 2D sidescroller?

SFGuard is tempting.

jholmes

Game & Wario's pictionary? is that just one game on the Wii U game? I did get that from Nintendo but don't have it DLed.

Dungeons & Dragons? What game is that? Or is that the 2D sidescroller?

SFGuard is tempting.

D&D is a beat-'em-up, but yeah, you seem to know what those games are.

Top Bottom