• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, Nintendo?
If it's like the NES Classic, it can draw power through a USB port in ya telly.

Just preordered mine from the local EB. The guy said they were nearly sold out already, don't know how true that is?
My local EB guy said the same thing too, so it's probably bull. I doubt they know how much they're getting until Nintendo tells them to stop.

If you had to replace one of the games in the SNESC with Super International Cricket, what would it be? Personally, I'd replace Earthbound.

Patchy

Banned
All in am thinking about is a 64 Classic with Zelda OoT and Mario 64.

If that ever happens is it likely to get any RARE games?

legend166

Honestly I expect at least 3 times as many SNES units than NES. They have seen demand and know SNES is much much more popular than the NES anyway.

I'm not sure that's true. I don't think the SNES has the same nostalgia pull as the NES for the non-gaming/lapsed gaming crowd. The NES sold something like 20 million more units than the SNES.

MoonGred

If you aren't planning to get it on PC, then people should pounce on this deal for Prey. So far it's my GOTY (although with Wolfenstein and Mario coming out that might change).

The game starts out so strong, but towards the end fatigue set in for me. The fact my save was bugged beyond repair didn't help though.

But yea at that price point it's definitely worth a play.

senahorse

The game starts out so strong, but towards the end fatigue set in for me. The fact my save was bugged beyond repair didn't help though.

But yea at that price point it's definitely worth a play.

I found this as well, in fact I am real close to the end and still need to finish it, but I put it down to play Horizon and Nier.

MoonGred

I found this as well, in fact I am real close to the end and still need to finish it, but I put it down to play Horizon and Nier.

Have you looked at a guide to see if you're actually at the end? For the last 7h of my play through I thought I was close to finishing it.

I really want to get Nier but for the life of me can't figure out on what platform.

Gazunta

A preview of tomorrow when everyone plays Crash again:

2016-03-30-Crash-Bandicoot-2.jpg

Pre-ordered the SNES Mini! Normally I am dead against pre-orders but this thing actually will sell out, and I had a gift card that had been sitting in my wallet unused for six months, so why not.

Looking forward to it being hacked and playing Unirally and Sim City on it

How cheap can the Xbox One S get? $200 for a UHD blu-ray player with access to my 360 games and the half dozen odd exclusives I want is pretty good value.

Yeah I've seen those deals going, and other variations with similar prices. I'm just wondering if it's likely they will get even cheaper anytime soon!

jambo

Why is $399 absurd?

Consoles are cheaper than ever.

Even though things like inflation exist, people still want to pay $200 for a HD* gaming machine that also doubles as a media centre.

Shaneus

$269 at BigW for the Xbox One S 500GB.

Comes with Forza Horizon 3 and Fallout 4, so trading or selling them could get you close to $200.

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/bun...llout-4-3-months-stan-4/p/WCC100000000368312/

No idea if any stock is left.
That's been up for a while. I bought it online about a week ago with that AfterPay thing, but it's not online anymore so I doubt any stores have stock left.

I'll be selling (or donating to my brother) Fallout 4 when I get it, depending on how much it's worth (I suspect not much).

Why is $399 absurd?

Consoles are cheaper than ever.

Even though things like inflation exist, people still want to pay $200 for a HD* gaming machine that also doubles as a media centre.

It's absurd because there are like 6 deals going at the moment under $300 with a game.

It's not a crazy price in isolation, but it seems like one of those artifically inflated RRPs.

MS discount X1 here huge. RRP makes sense, just looks odd due to the bundle deals they do basically non stop. Makes PS4 look like a bad deal by comparison.

They are super aggressive with the pricing. I wonder how sales of the PS4 vs XB1 are in Australia at the moment? Xbox has always had pretty decent mind share here.

MS discount X1 here huge. RRP makes sense, just looks odd due to the bundle deals they do basically non stop. Makes PS4 look like a bad deal by comparison.

FYI Target prices are live today.

Crash tomorrow!

Fantastic.
Overwatch is $29 in store only.
Completely out of stock in my city.
C#^%$.

They are super aggressive with the pricing. I wonder how sales of the PS4 vs XB1 are in Australia at the moment? Xbox has always had pretty decent mind share here.
PS4 had a huge lead over X1 for years, not sure how the last 12 months have gone though.

Fantastic.
Overwatch is $29 in store only.
Completely out of stock in my city.
C#^%$.

It's in the eBay store. PS4 must've sold out but X1 version is still up there for $29.

PS4 had a huge lead over X1 for years, not sure how the last 12 months have gone though.

It's in the eBay store. PS4 must've sold out but X1 version is still up there for $29.

Motherf***ingp***sh*tf***c***f***ingc***flaps.
First I miss out on the motherf***ing switch deal and now overf***ingwatch.
Arrrrggggh.

Does any place in Australia sell new Vita consoles anymore or can I only find preowned consoles now?

Also should I get the Vita 2000 or the original version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom