• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebil

I weep every time I log in, someone from my FC excitedly says "oh yeah, I moved furniture around a bit, you should have a look" and everything is misplaced with terrible taste.

Oh my god I just spent two hours on the moggle chain, just so I could buy the level 51 mining gear that is locked behind a fucking moogle and now still cant get it because I need a craft past 50.

Edned up paying someone to buy it for me +20k. Cos christ knows the cost of it off the AH for a full set was mental.

After playing the latest MSQ I think it would be
a neat twist if we end up recovering Omega after fighting it in the raid and it backs us up in the next two tiers of the raid. I was rooting for Omega in the fight so I would like to become an ally. Maybe even an Omega mount (jk).

Oh my god I just spent two hours on the moggle chain, just so I could buy the level 51 mining gear that is locked behind a fucking moogle and now still cant get it because I need a craft past 50

I thought you didn't need crafters to level gatherers?

Silav101

Oh my god I just spent two hours on the moggle chain, just so I could buy the level 51 mining gear that is locked behind a fucking moogle and now still cant get it because I need a craft past 50.

Edned up paying someone to buy it for me +20k. Cos christ knows the cost of it off the AH for a full set was mental.

Moogles.

PISS OFF, KUPO.

I thought you could skip the lvl 51 gear because there's gear at lvl 53? lol

Not if you dont want to spend two levels with no HQ ability and with a 60-70% NQ chance (my perception didnt even allow 1 HQ%) even now its only 5% ish.

Duno why they would put it behind that wall though, surely a level 60 one would make more sense

dramatis

Not if you dont want to spend two levels with no HQ ability and with a 60-70% NQ chance (my perception didnt even allow 1 HQ%) even now its only 5% ish.

Duno why they would put it behind that wall though, surely a level 60 one would make more sense
Those first two gatherer levels (51-52) were a blip in the radar because of collectables.

If you're trying to level gatherers by leves or regular gathering, then maybe you need lvl 51 equipment. But the fastest way to level gatherers in HW is via collectables. We're talking about 180k-240k exp per half hour with no leve limit AND you can do that amount simultaneously each for miner and botanist. The only downside is that you should have at least 9-11 inventory slots free.

And it is possible to get that with about mid-tier level 50 gear.

Chille

Those first two gatherer levels (51-52) were a blip in the radar because of collectables.

If you're trying to level gatherers by leves or regular gathering, then maybe you need lvl 51 equipment. But the fastest way to level gatherers in HW is via collectables. We're talking about 180k-240k exp per half hour with no leve limit AND you can do that amount simultaneously each for miner and botanist. The only downside is that you should have at least 9-11 inventory slots free.

Also you got to find out where they spawn ;-; ive never been able to do collectibles because I just get lost finding them

Well I hadnt really worked out the collectables bit, had I realised I would have bashed out loads more dragon ore with intermittent yellow ore.

Wheres the 53 armour from though as all I have is a set of 55

Heartfyre

^ You are correct.

At least she remains the best source for red scrips, I suppose. Even as I wonder when we'll get more Custom Delivery duders, I know it'll be post-Stormblood. Wouldn't be surprised if it's incorporated into the DoL/DoH levelling progression like collectables were.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
51-55 was pretty slow for me but once I hit 55 and upgraded to dhamelskin with melds and 600GP I could do double collects on cloud bananas and whatnot and then the rest flew by like lightning.

Edzi

So I tried Miner up to around lvl 12 last night, and yeah, not sure this is worth it since I'm assuming you don't start being profitable until around lvl 50 or 60.

You probably need to get past the point where you're gathering items you could just buy from a vendor, but I imagine you could be profitable much sooner than level 50.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So I tried Miner up to around lvl 12 last night, and yeah, not sure this is worth it since I'm assuming you don't start being profitable until around lvl 50 or 60.
That depends on what your concept of "profits" is because I made some Gill with my Lv.30 Miner and Lv.21 Botanist before and sure I'm not swimming in spare Gill but players are always willing to buy materials in any given level.

If you're looking to make "Millions" of Gill in a single night than you should readjust your expectations because your competing with the rest of the Market and one should be grateful if they make over 300,000 Gill in a single night if you ask me.

Edzi

That depends on what your concept of "profits" is because I made some Gill with my Lv.30 Miner and Lv.21 Botanist before and sure I'm not swimming in spare Gill but players are always willing to buy materials in any given level.

If you're looking to make "Millions" of Gill in a single night than you should readjust your expectations because your competing with the rest of the Market and one should be grateful if they make over 300,000 Gill in a single night if you ask me.

Nah, just looking for a way to make reliable gil if I'm in a pinch and need some last minute items.

Haly

You can make a decent amount of cash farming items that crafters use for power leveling, you just need to look at the prices every tier and farm whatever's most profitable/most in demand. Generally it's either ore or stone.

But yeah the real money's probably late in the game.

Another option is desynthing. I made quite a bit of cash just buying PVP gear and desynthing that for demimateria. I had a lot of wolf marks piled up for my GARO grind so it was a decent digression.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Nah, just looking for a way to make reliable gil if I'm in a pinch and need some last minute items.
The grind can be very static and boring but I suggest you at least get Miner to Lv.30 before you decide if you want to continue or quit.

I'm not sure how much changes past Lv.50 for gathering classes but I heard they become less static and you become more "involved" gathering things so maybe things will spice up and you can leave the monotonous grinding behind you if you're able to get to that point.

Haly

Gathering jobs level really fast via leves. If you have spare levels you should use them for gathering past level ~20-30.

duckroll

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! I got my cap and now I can play with glamours!!!!!!!!!!!!

PkGDHR4.jpg

duckroll

Congrats!

I've never used glamour. Is it complicated or long to set up?

You just need to have the shit you want, dye all the shit into the colors you want, and then buy the required glamour types off the marketplace. It's not complicated at all. The most time consuming part is probably deciding which components you want to put together and how to color them.

Well, I've canceled my sub. Got 9 days left but I'm knee deep in P5. Just wanna say thanks again to all who've helped and answered my questions. I'll see you guys in June!

duckroll

Okay since pretty much everyone is okay with it. Here's the plan for Crystal Tower:

FRIDAY NIGHT, 3/31, 19:00 PST ONWARDS

We can try to get as many people in as possible. I think we have at least 3 newbies who haven't done it before including myself, so if there are enough people, we can actually try forming 3 parties of 8, and everyone gets bonuses. I'm not even sure if that's possible with the duty system!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! I got my cap and now I can play with glamours!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classy.

Okay since pretty much everyone is okay with it. Here's the plan for Crystal Tower:

We can try to get as many people in as possible. I think we have at least 3 newbies who haven't done it before including myself, so if there are enough people, we can actually try forming 3 parties of 8, and everyone gets bonuses. I'm not even sure if that's possible with the duty system!

It is; if you can fill up 3 parties you can all go at once.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

I can be there around this time. Pretty sure bonuses can also come from pre-made parties/alliances.

dabig2

Sounds good. Bonus newbie here as well.

For those who have done it, does item level matter? Just wondering if I should spend the day focusing on upgrading armor in preparation. My WAR is iLvl 115 and NIN iLvl 112.

Xion_Stellar

Hello,

There is any tips for PSN EU to buy the game + expansion or time, cheaper ?

The only way to get the the game cheaper is when it goes on sale so just buy the Complete Edition which gets you FF XIV:A Real Reborn (the Base Game), FFXIV:Heavensward (First Expansion) and the upcoming Stormblood Expansion (comes out in June).

As for the subscription fee you have the option of paying the cheapest "Entry" Subscription fee which is $12.99 here in the US but your not saving much because the "Standard" fee is $14.99 but otherwise there's no way to get around paying the same amount that everyone else does.

I will be there

ya know the bit about the next lot of gear at 53. Behind the mog wall.

I managed to just buy a bunch of it off the AH for maybe 100k anf got the last bit from my quest.

Mining I havent made much atall, Silver Ore is about the only thing that sells decently, most ore in fact is worth sod all on my server.

Most of the money comes from converting it into stuff my GSM can use but now ive way outpaced him so just horde matts

Haly

Ore isn't worth a ton because everyone grinds ore while leveling thinking it'll sell. It pays to do a bit of market research just to see what's actually the most valuable grind.

dramatis

ya know the bit about the next lot of gear at 53. Behind the mog wall.

I managed to just buy a bunch of it off the AH for maybe 100k anf got the last bit from my quest.
It's not behind a mog wall though, shops for normal gear items are never behind walls. I only did main story quests around the moogles and I was able to buy from the NPC shop.

Cmagus

I've got all my prepping done and hopefully tomorrow I can get a party going for POTD floor 200. I'd say this is the last thing on my list before the expansion.

The only way to get the the game cheaper is when it goes on sale so just buy the Complete Edition which gets you FF XIV:A Real Reborn (the Base Game), FFXIV:Heavensward (First Expansion) and the upcoming Stormblood Expansion (comes out in June).

As for the subscription fee you have the option of paying the cheapest "Entry" Subscription fee which is $12.99 here in the US but your not saving much because the "Standard" fee is $14.99 but otherwise there's no way to get around paying the same amount that everyone else does.

I will be there

Thanks mate

It's not behind a mog wall though, shops for normal gear items are never behind walls. I only did main story quests around the moogles and I was able to buy from the NPC shop.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Wyvernskin_Jerkin
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/shop/d1029996df5/

Mogmul is the infamous NPC.

55 you can buy at moghome as I have that already from when I entered the zone.

Ore isn't worth a ton because everyone grinds ore while leveling thinking it'll sell. It pays to do a bit of market research just to see what's actually the most valuable grind.

Hmm well yes and no (imo)
Dust or whatever is usually worth even less, then you have gems which are almost as worthless, HQ ones even more so. Youll get the odd item every section that is worth slightly less than nothing, atleast on my server.

HQ mats in stacks of 10/20 would probably do OK as youll get people who want them for GC turn ins or for the Mining Quests

Christ knows im keen to buy a HQ firebrand for my GSM based off the mat costs VS chance of HQ for that one!

Honestly I would level Mining hand in hand with GSM and you can just convert one into the other. All the rings and things ive made sell and if you can be arsed you could grind out HQ low level crafting rings and necklaces for an ok profit.

Shit, I need to know how to make this.

Chest looks like one of the subligars.

Arms looks like the Witch costume arms from one of the Halloween events.

Pretty sure I have that skirt lying around in one of my retainer inventories but I can't check right now.

Head piece looks like one of the Ironworks ones maybe.

Not sure about the shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom