• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Inbachi

Neo Member
FFT is one of my most stacked realms, if not the most. FFX is one of my worst so of course on my lucky pull I went 2/11 and they're both FFT. Both SSB's, one of which is a dupe.

falkface

Anustart

FFT is one of my most stacked realms, if not the most. FFX is one of my worst so of course on my lucky pull I went 2/11 and they're both FFT. Both SSB's, one of which is a dupe.

falkface

Just like me except my best realm of them was 5, and i got 2 ssb, 1 dupe.

Rubenov

I'm completely free-to-play and don't check any guides online or even read most of the in-game new bulletins - over the last year and a half or so I've just jumped on every day to grab the daily items and maybe use up my stamina, time and motivation willing.

I was very confused when I did the Lucky Draw and got some new rainbow crystal thing I'd never seen before.
This game seems to want me have some kind of Ultimate Ramza.

Also got a Burst for Marach...That's a tactics character, apparently - a Burst for Seymour, and then a dupe of one of I think it was Agrias' Bursts.

I just realized I have a TON of Soul breaks, Supers and even Bursts that I've never even touched because I pretty much only use the "main party" characters.
Hell, I've got untouched Bursts for Terra, Krile, Zidane and Red XIII and I can't even remember pulling them.

You're missing out on a lot of good stuff.

friz898

It's great no question. +MAG/RES has a lot of stacking potential. AoE on Command 2. She can debuff with Dance 4, Cure / Proshell, or go offensive with magic. Really versatile.

Her BSB hits hard, but the lack of enlightning caps its potential (as compared with Desch or Ashe BSBs... who can hit significantly harder once enlightened).

I hope we can get an enlightning LM with her as we will get with Marach's. If we do get it, then it'll probably the hardest-hitting BSB (although instant cast BSBs will likely still out DPS it).

Thanks reply, what I needed to know.

In other news, finished up the Realm dungeons again today. One of them was I think 156 difficulty. I had to use my A team, until then I had just been using synergy teams.

Sad now, nothing to do tonight except torture myself with the FF7 Torment I can't get better than 70% life on.

Also, Thursdays don't really excite me at all anymore. You get a banner to pull on, but the battles are so tedious, it's almost a chore. Like almost mad my phone is being "taken up" by this mindless necessity. Can't turn down Mythril though.

I beat FF7 Torment CM. Yolo "burn him down as fast as possible" strategy made possible by having wind BSBs for Cloud, Zack, and Cid (all from the same 11-pull). Got lucky by having Aerith's default SB silence both of the flames, then I just spammed all three BSBs until he was dead.

WarAdept

R.I.P. everyone's Dark/Ice Orb stash

GXG7Gx6.jpg

Maybe it's just me but I find Darkness abilities to be so niche that I haven't even bothered crafting any. Don't see myself doing so any time soon either. So that knocks out a lot of the required dark orbs needed from that upcoming chart.

Maybe it's just me but I find Darkness abilities to be so niche that I haven't even bothered crafting any. Don't see myself doing so any time soon either. So that knocks out a lot of the required dark orbs needed from that upcoming chart.

For some reason I'm like a magnet for dark imperil and en-Dark relics. I have completed Garland, completed Kuja, almost everything for Gabranth, etc. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of Darkness abilities.

friz898

I have gotten some good use out of Dire Heal and Reaping Scythe, but until then I had never found them to be useful either. In fact sometime in the future I may shatter the 4star abilities, or at least most of them.

Balphon

Physical darkness skills are uniformly terrible.

The magical ones are pretty good, though I wouldn't bother with Necrofear.

It's just that even if they're good, I never find them to be outright amazing. There's always something else that would do just as good or better on the same fight, none of them are really game changers.

WarAdept

I find the physical Darkness skills very unappealing as well and the upcoming one's aren't great (Necrofear and Soul Barrage in particular are horrid).

It's the upcoming physical Ninja skills everyone should be concerned about. 240 MDO to R3 all 4 of them and they are really good.

Not to mention any backlog abilities (Bahamut/Ninja Magic, etc).

ultra7k

I find the physical Darkness skills very unappealing as well and the upcoming one's aren't great (Necrofear and Soul Barrage in particular are horrid).

It's the upcoming physical Ninja skills everyone should be concerned about. 240 MDO to R3 all 4 of them and they are really good.

Not to mention any backlog abilities (Bahamut/Ninja Magic, etc).

I think my biggest thing with Darkness abilities is the physical and the magic skills aren't separated.

friz898

I think my biggest thing with Darkness abilities is the physical and the magic skills aren't separated.

It's because they're so terrible, they're hoping that a "Darkness Character" can find something of use, lol.

About those Ninja skills:

I posted here in the last few days asking if anybody gets good use out of their Ninja. I was asking because I have Edge's Last Stand/Blink jacket, and I was trying to figure out a way to make his Ninjitsu an ok alternative over some other melee or magic user.

Who is the best ninja anyway?

Balphon

Best ninja all things bring equal is probably OK, Yuffie, or Fujin, depending on what you want to do. Edge's SSB is excellent support, though, and is reason enough to prefer him.

Ninja magic is good against very high RES enemies, but will likely underwhelm otherwise. Future ninja abilities are physical based with blink mechanics that are okay but awkward.

Primary benefit of the ninja characters is they all have ranks in 4+ ability categories.

It's because they're so terrible, they're hoping that a "Darkness Character" can find something of use, lol.

About those Ninja skills:

I posted here in the last few days asking if anybody gets good use out of their Ninja. I was asking because I have Edge's Last Stand/Blink jacket, and I was trying to figure out a way to make his Ninjitsu an ok alternative over some other melee or magic user.

Who is the best ninja anyway?

I have a fully augmented OSB thrower so have reasonable ninja mag in all realms. Fun stuff.

Pulled way more than I wanted going for the Robe, got Tidus Chain, Yuna USB, 3 dupes and some meh SSB. I think I want to be done, like my rage pulling was the back of my mind telling me to spend my Mythrils saved for Celes BSB2 so I would just feel like quitting for good. Watch me not being able to and just slug through events for a couple more months to at least reach Celes BSB2 with the Myhtrils I can gather.

MrDaravon

Rikku's SSB from my 100-gem pull (which is 3 relics in a row from 100 gem pulls which is ridiculolus), 1/11 Paine's SSB from my full pull. Kind of annoyed I have no BSBs, but between this and the LD I went from nothing in FFX besides Yuna's SSB medica and a shitty Wakka Unique to 4 more SSBs so that's okayish at least. Not thrilled but could have gone worse, I've got at least enough baseline RS in FFX to probably scrape by whatever I need to at least.

Anustart

100 gem rod for braska.

I'll take it as my 10 relics are light. No more pulling here.

For 10 I have: tidus unique, some old ass medica for Yuna, rikku bsb, braska ssb, Paine ssb and Auron ssb.

Should be able to rock out the cid mission.

2x Magician Mog
1x Summoners Staff - dupe
2x 4-star dupes to 7 star blue.
2x useless 4 star already blue.

Decent pull. Not complaining after LD 1/11. Much needed doll for Lulu.

That staff has nice Mag and Mind. Great Red Mage weapon. Should be back in rotation after combining.

ZangBa

I did one 11 pull since X is one of my weakest realms. I got Tidus' CSB and Guardian Mog. Good thing I have Quina's hairpin for the +water damage, I guess a water team is in order. I have an EnWater relic for Paine, too.

Yuna USB looks godlike, best healing relic maybe. Not a fan of the rest though.

Looks really great for MP. I will try her instead of Vanille or Y'sh for a while. Reviving people to decent HP while giving them Haste and Last Stand looks like the best way to get them back on track before they die again. I know the best is not to die but MP is another story.

Balphon

Tidus's CSB appears to not have the short charges on it, which would be weird since they gave us the buffed version of Shantotto's which does.

Could just be an error in the SB description, someone would have to check.

EDIT: Looks like it really doesn't have them. Lame.

ultra7k

I always seem to lack synergy in V/X (my II and III synergy is pretty great), but I guess that's because I don't pull on those banners. For whatever reason, they just don't hold value to me, or there's always something better or something I want more around the corner.

Funny thing is I haven't spent anything in like a month. Also today I'm pretty sure today is my 6 mo anniversary, so I think that reveals something about the selection process, seems too big of a coincidence otherwise

friz898

in 2015 when I had a different job, I was tracking how much I spent, and it was nearly $700 from Oct 2015 to March 2016.

Since then, I've probably spent $100 total in the past year.

I never received that invite, or perhaps when I was whaling, they didn't have it.

Edit: That Yuna USB seems worthy of being chased, but I'm not in dire need of media/last stand and someone said the rest of the relics were crap.

But ever since that Mog USB was shown to me, I definitely may at least do a a "paid for" 11 pull or two for it. Mog is by far my favorite dancer.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Looks really great for MP. I will try her instead of Vanille or Y'sh for a while. Reviving people to decent HP while giving them Haste and Last Stand looks like the best way to get them back on track before they die again. I know the best is not to die but MP is another story.
I pulled her USB too (my first USB, yay!). Dumb question but does it apply the buffs if you use it and nobody is dead or does it work only after they're revived?

Top Bottom