• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Ahnez

17/71 - Its ok, but two of those are +++ FFT swords.

I really need V and X, please stop giving me coral and platinum swords

friz898

Well Nightmare is all done.

Now what? lol.

Edit:
So first time I've counted compared to what's there since you put it in this thread.

I'm 11/71, not sure what the odds are. I'm good with FFX having Yuna, Rikku, Tidus and something else.

On FFV I have exdeath SSB, Bartz ssb, Gilgamesh SSB and I think something else.

Tactics I have most of Agrias gear, and an Oveilia relic.

You don't want rikku bsb. I have it, thing sucks.

It may not be the world's best BSB on its own merits, but it's a rare water imperil, on a good/versatile character, and I've got Tidus w/ BSB and OSB to pair her with. I'd love to have it!

Anyway I'm something like 35/71 on this. I'll just be happy not to get dupes of FFT stuff I already have 6 of.

friz898

So being NeoGAF loyal. Not blindly, just don't have time for checking 5-10 sites a day.

I had been playing FFRK about a year before I came in here. But since I have at the end of last year, my world opened up a lot about more advanced knowledge. I mean, I knew of Enlir's spreadsheet, and Mister P's pdf, but too lazy to use it for anything other than what's coming next and the stats of Elite bosses.

So now that I've expanded my horizons a bit. This thread has been pretty dead the last few days. Makes me think I should bookmark Reddit and start looking at there stuff. Seems to be very comprehensive, but I didn't even know what Reddit was until NeoGAF. I had heard of 4chan nearly 10 years ago, I figured Reddit was something like that.

so!

This is what we need here from now on: (sorry I don't make the rules)

cpp, you need to show us every other day your whaling.
Anustart, we need more sarcasm, there is no limiit here.
Faik, you've been a ghost the past week. We need to learn more about your terrible luck.
Waradept, Officer Sanchez, Aerodynamics, and Painted Highways -- you folks are hitting your quotas.
Lights and Waves, quit spending time in the real NeoGAF and spend more time here. I only ever notice you because of your pic/avatar.
Syn - They refer to you as new, and I'm not new, but yet you seem to know just as much as me. Maybe I started pretty far ahead of you, but you've eaten up what the web has to offer faster than me.

Rubenov? Spelling? You've done your role, you're good.

Who am I missing?

Basically, I saw the handbook earlier, and I read that you're suppose to post at least once daily. So I was shocked, and ran this to be the Supervisor of FFRK, and he/she kinda shrugged their shoulders at me and said "they just don't know the rules..." -- so that's where I come in. I found the rules, and you all have to adhere to it.

Btw, what happen to the new guy, watchwiz or something? Was asking a lot of new questions and looking for answeres. I have never bookmarked a community thread before, but I have this one -- can you tell? lol .. good luck to all of you tonight on pulls and DU on what... Tuesday?

I had a lot of freetime today after groceries and repairing a fence, so I actually added a new tab to my Excel. I wrote out all the SB I have that have (buff/debuff) stats on them so I would know what stacked. Then I made it pretty colors and such.

I hated confirming what I already knew. OK's stuff and Alphi's Stuff doesn't stack, in ref to the buff. But I learned (what should have been obvious, I just never thought about it) that Fang and Mog revWall doesn't stack either. Goodness!

Alright folks, I'm heading to bed, I'll post my U+ update tomorrow. I know ALL of you are constantly refreshing to hear about how I won a fight that you snoozed through.

friz898

Even FFRK Reddit is very slow these days to be honest.

Ah there's someone I forgot, the creator of this thread, aka the guy who is looking for a reason to quit, but we won't let him.

Not sure why it would be slow. I mean, we've always been a Thurs/Sun thing, with DU like every 6 weeks. We didn't always have Nightmare/Torment/Mote/MP Raids.

I think everybody got full on 2nd Anni, and now everybody needs a nap to digest their stuff.

Btw, what happen to the new guy, watchwiz or something? Was asking a lot of new questions and looking for answeres. I have never bookmarked a community thread before, but I have this one -- can you tell? lol .. good luck to all of you tonight on pulls and DU on what... Tuesday?
Persona 5 happened :p
In the last palace, butti', logging everyday to at least advance with the story And doing the event up to (including) 120-130 difficulty.. still having some problem with stuff past that :)

Since I'm here... any current//future (with a defined date) relic banner that I should roll on?
Got a bit more than 100 my thrill and I feel a bit too heavy...

Anustart

So being NeoGAF loyal. Not blindly, just don't have time for checking 5-10 sites a day.

I had been playing FFRK about a year before I came in here. But since I have at the end of last year, my world opened up a lot about more advanced knowledge. I mean, I knew of Enlir's spreadsheet, and Mister P's pdf, but too lazy to use it for anything other than what's coming next and the stats of Elite bosses.

So now that I've expanded my horizons a bit. This thread has been pretty dead the last few days. Makes me think I should bookmark Reddit and start looking at there stuff. Seems to be very comprehensive, but I didn't even know what Reddit was until NeoGAF. I had heard of 4chan nearly 10 years ago, I figured Reddit was something like that.

so!

This is what we need here from now on: (sorry I don't make the rules)

cpp, you need to show us every other day your whaling.
Anustart, we need more sarcasm, there is no limiit here.
Faik, you've been a ghost the past week. We need to learn more about your terrible luck.
Waradept, Officer Sanchez, Aerodynamics, and Painted Highways -- you folks are hitting your quotas.
Lights and Waves, quit spending time in the real NeoGAF and spend more time here. I only ever notice you because of your pic/avatar.
Syn - They refer to you as new, and I'm not new, but yet you seem to know just as much as me. Maybe I started pretty far ahead of you, but you've eaten up what the web has to offer faster than me.

Rubenov? Spelling? You've done your role, you're good.

Who am I missing?

Basically, I saw the handbook earlier, and I read that you're suppose to post at least once daily. So I was shocked, and ran this to be the Supervisor of FFRK, and he/she kinda shrugged their shoulders at me and said "they just don't know the rules..." -- so that's where I come in. I found the rules, and you all have to adhere to it.

I had a lot of freetime today after groceries and repairing a fence, so I actually added a new tab to my Excel. I wrote out all the SB I have that have (buff/debuff) stats on them so I would know what stacked. Then I made it pretty colors and such.

I hated confirming what I already knew. OK's stuff and Alphi's Stuff doesn't stack, in ref to the buff. But I learned (what should have been obvious, I just never thought about it) that Fang and Mog revWall doesn't stack either. Goodness!

Alright folks, I'm heading to bed, I'll post my U+ update tomorrow. I know ALL of you are constantly refreshing to hear about how I won a fight that you snoozed through.

We're about to have some more sarcasm. Lucky draw coming up and I'm overdue for tinybee/11

Also, I frequent reddit a lot more lately. This thread has slowed to a crawl. So I'm over there reading more. Even Falk barely shows up here anymore.

jnWake

I play everyday but don't post much here. I'm relatively new and it takes a while to reach a good level. I'm having fun clearing out the realms though.

Syntsui

There is not much to talk about in this game anymore unfortunately, we've been in this loop of predictable events and most here already have really solid teams, so even pull posts are rare nowadays.

We need that new mode to shake things up around here :(

This last MP event was a bunch of crap. Mastered it once. Tried many times after to do it again and couldnt. So many people not equipping petrify resist. Even minor does something. So bad.

Xetherion

Got Vayne's SSB (new) on 100 gems.

1st 11 pull: 2/11, Basch Defender (new), Plat Shield (dupe)

2nd 11 pull: 2/11, Larsa SSB (new), another Plat Shield.

I don't mind the shields as I was actually pulling for them to get more Holy-boost armor for my knights. I do wish the other relics had been Bursts though.

I'm glad I completed the new Hashmal raid.

I went luneth/ramza, physical only so I don't waste time with front row Alphinauds -.-

Horrible fight, it's hard to find a good physical debuffer...

I'm at 623 mythril, a new record thanks to my lucky anniversary pulls (2 to get what I wanted + 50 mythril wasted when the banners returned). The next VIII banner is looking good, my synergy is non existant and Irvine can replace Vaan as a mixed debuffer.

Protectga is overrated Balphon! We stacked debuff on that guy so much I don't think we could have added more. Love when lag made me Full Break that Zidane... :)

OySSz7k.jpg
:O

My first 11 pull was a 1/11 for Basch's SSB. I hemmed and hawed a bit about doing another 11 pull, but I'm so glad I did. Now I have almost all of Basch's soul breaks, (just missing his BSB, but it comes back a bunch) and also one of the best BSB medicas in the game.

Balphon

Protectga is overrated Balphon! We stacked debuff on that guy so much I don't think we could have added more. Love when lag made me Full Break that Zidane... :)

Most of his stuff is DEF-piercing so Protectga isn't crucial.

And yeah, that moment made me chuckle a bit. I've definitely done the same thing and healed the boss before.

Most of his stuff is DEF-piercing so Protectga isn't crucial.

And yeah, that moment made me chuckle a bit. I've definitely done the same thing and healed the boss before.

Yea, I knew of one but when I saw you start the fight anyway I thought it must have been more than one. Fun fight!

Beat 220 Hash on first try. 160 with the scrubs was not as easy. Actually I did beat it first try there too but doofus didnt use FB. I then put Irvine into my team. Had Irvine, Arc with Vaan, Alph, Ramza, Alph, WoL, Ysh in 220. No burst healer and we somehow mastered.

Broke OK 5 star support and Ninja, Celerity. So thrilled about that. Just the middle bottom two to go.

Balphon

Only thing that's dangerous that isn't DEF-piercing is that 5-hit combo he does at low health.

I liked it too. Difficult but not super unfair.

Ive had a bunch of 220 failures. 160 wasn't bad at all, made it through on second try-first try had a back row bartz dropping full charges-wtf. I knew when he started that up it wasn't going to go well.

last try on 220 was going great then stoneskin wasn't renewed in time by someone and then the guy carrying raise failed to use it on ysh and instead recast his bsb, weirdly enough. sigh.

Waiting for stamina to refresh before I try the 220.

I got Larsa BSB and Basch OSB on the pull. Larsa seems pretty useful for this MP fight, so I'll probably bring her along with some heavy debuffer like Setzer

220 is full of some real jabronis. Aerora strike, are you kidding me.

oh look, some chap with an r1 steal defense. WTF is the point in that here???
edit 2: one guy wastes a finishing touch at the beginning. second break uses fenrir. other character he uses ramza's ssb stoneskin then bsb THEN shout. and yet even then with virtually no offense we get to around 40% before getting overwhelmed

220 is full of some real jabronis. Aerora strike, are you kidding me.

oh look, some chap with an r1 steal defense. WTF is the point in that here???
edit 2: one guy wastes a finishing touch at the beginning. second break uses fenrir. other character he uses ramza's ssb stoneskin then bsb THEN shout. and yet even then with virtually no offense we get to around 40% before getting overwhelmed

lmao I tried to bring Aerora Strike in for shits and giggles, but I kept getting kicked. Maybe that was me? Was it an R5 Aerora Strike?

Anyway I managed to clear it on my first serious attempt. Luneth with Lifesiphon / Tornado Strike / BSB / Truthseeker RM and Larsa with Magic Breakdown / Ultra Cure / BSB / Thunder God Might RM

lmao I tried to bring Aerora Strike in for shits and giggles, but I kept getting kicked. Maybe that was me? Was it an R5 Aerora Strike?

Anyway I managed to clear it on my first serious attempt. Luneth with Lifesiphon / Tornado Strike / BSB / Truthseeker RM and Larsa with Magic Breakdown / Ultra Cure / BSB / Thunder God Might RM

I don't think that was you, haha

just cleared the 220. between my fran and a vaan, we had the bastard as broken as possible. two vanilles and a ysh on healing duties. what a beast, glad its done for me.

I will not be farming the 160 for vit motes....

220 Hashmal was fun. Difficult, but not a 30 minute slog. I brought Luneth with BSB and OSB, never even got to fire his OSB before the fight ended. The real MVP though, was Relm's BSB. Last Stand is a perfect match for this fight.

WarAdept

I see why I think you did it (+40% darkness damage MC3)... now is that for abilities only or does it apply to SBs?

Applies to SB's and Burst Commands as well.

However SB's and Burst Commands can have completely baffling ability schools attached to the ability/SB's. Best consult Enlir's Spreadsheet or something to double check what each SB is classified as.

Rubenov

However SB's and Burst Commands can have completely baffling ability schools attached to the ability/SB's. Best consult Enlir's Spreadsheet or something to double check what each SB is classified as.

Yeah I'm mostly interested in Raines and if it applies to his BSB. +40% would be huge.

Balphon

The school is shown in the app on the info screen for the SB.

Sometimes they make no sense, though, like you say.

friz898

Wow, I come back here the next day and we're flowing with posts, lol.

I fell asleep last night so I haven't tried the U+ battles or the raid.

My 100gem pull was 3 star trash.

I cleaned out my mythril on banner 1 of this current raid, but if the DU lucky pull is tonight or tomorrow, I think I can scrounge up 25mythril soon enough.

Edit: I neglect my Ninjas. Sometimes I'll bring one for Doppelblade and Shadowsteel for a Cid Mission or something, but have any of you found a good combination of gear/characters so that the weaker Ninjitsu is pretty deadly? Usually if the mob has a very high resistance, I'll just use physical.

On top of that, if some of you have, what was the combination. I have all 3/4 star abilities maxed, but I think we got a few new abilities in the last couple of months, and they're both at r1.

The only reason I care is that I have Edge's Jacket that has Blink/Last stand and I hate to see it wasted.

Edit2: Yesterday I wrote out all my buff/debuff soul breaks with their action code id.

I can't find the one for Vaan's SSB, is that new? I find his BSB everywhere.

According to the action codes, his SSB ( low atk/def large amount) should possibly go in id 611?

Balphon

Did the CidMission without a healer nor wall or any mitigation at all. Debuff meta too strong.

Well the CMs move to the 180 fight in the next event, so you're in luck. :)

Edit2: Yesterday I wrote out all my buff/debuff soul breaks with their action code id.

I can't find the one for Vaan's SSB, is that new? I find his BSB everywhere.

According to the action codes, his SSB ( low atk/def large amount) should possibly go in id 611?

It's a 611, yeah.

Balphon

It's needed, no event should be finished without a healer.

The CM is moving because the 160 is getting dropped completely. The final stage of events will be 220 now, so it should be a pretty good (and necessary) uptick in overall difficulty.

ultra7k

Have had zero luck with the 100 gem pulls these last few times, though it does even out in the long run I suppose.

Just need to do the final fight in the XII event, and the 160 Multi-Player raid. I'm feeling slightly hung over from the 2nd Anniversary, and am not pulling for a while.

Is there a consensus on Ceodore as a character, or the banners for the upcoming IV event? Pull worthy, or save?

friz898

d140 was a joke.

d160 giving me some trouble. I have tried 4 times, and he always kills me with pretty much no life left. If I get frustrated, I'll switch to my A team, but I should be able to do it because I have relics for Ashe, Penelo, Balthier, Gabranth, and lastly all of Vaan's relics.

Last time I waited until he was at 60% before popping my first wall. He was going down perfectly but his second Silencega got both my healers even though they both had moderate resist.

This time I switched Fran instead of Gabranth, and Larsa instead of Balthier. Going to have more healing, and more debuffing.

friz898

Yeah I put silence resist accessories on Ashe and Penelo and S/L'd if he got them anyway. Ain't nobody got time for that.

That may be what I end up doing. I keep thinking I got it and somehow with his Short Fuse and Haste and Boosted stats, he gets me at the end. I'm using Dispel instead of Banishing strike since absorbs Holy, but then he got Gabranth (who had Dispel as a side thing) and well that sucked.

Anustart

Just did the hashmal 220 fight, connection problem because I was leader and all 3 people dropped right into the fight.

Shit was hectic controlling 8 characters at that speed. Luckily they were all characters I was familiar with, won with 1 dead character. He gets fast at the end.

friz898

Just did the hashmal 220 fight, connection problem because I was leader and all 3 people dropped right into the fight.

Shit was hectic controlling 8 characters at that speed. Luckily they were all characters I was familiar with, won with 1 dead character. He gets fast at the end.

Did you make sure to do stamps to talk to yourself and cheer yourself on? I mean, that would have been more immersive.

Screw d160 Cid Mission. time to bring out Relm and Alphi and Medica with blink.

Anustart

Did you make sure to do stamps to talk to yourself and cheer yourself on? I mean, that would have been more immersive.

Screw d160 Cid Mission. time to bring out Relm and Alphi and Medica with blink.

I did, but then I only got the ... Chocobo in return. I wasn't pleased with my actions.

Edit: torment is back, with no new, only 1 dungeon available..... wtf is this shit.

Top Bottom