• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

WarAdept

j0Sggrp.jpg

thinking-face.png

They do cost stamina. 60 like a torment, however it's not consumed if you don't win also. You can hold 16 of the item technically and there's inventory space for 15 but you can just not collect one until required...

It's currently half stamina (so 30) because they released two new bosses this week.
Does the no cost on loss also apply to the entry ticket?

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm glad they're bringing more stuff but man...

....this game may end up to be one of those that in the future somewhat cannibalizes itself with having so many systems at play that it scares off newbies who are just looking for a simple time-waster but then later get hooked.

They'll just see so many slots and options and so many questions ... I hope that isn't the case.

Shoot, FFRK may somewhat already be at that point.

I've been playing almost every day for a year and have some pretty great SB, SSB, and BSSBs and I'm still barely scratching at the Nightmare dungeons, haven't completely finished the Realm Dungeons...
They just add new stuff to the pile faster than I can get through the stuff before it and it feels like I'm getting left behind.

Remember that time she got kidnapped and was the most relevant to the plot she would ever be?

Let's relive that.

friz898

Off the top of my head, for FF12 I have:

Vaan OSB
Vaan BSB
Balthier BSB
and my spreadsheet says "Ashe's Defiance"

I'd have to load up the game to remember what that was.

So is there anything noticeable on these 2 banners?

Edit: Also, worked on Necrophobe nightmare last night for Affliction Break. My first two tries failed, but on the second try I had him down to somewhere like 5-10% life.

On the second try, I got him down to somewhere like 40-50% health before he went into Phase 3. I had brought in Firion for his Magic Blink and he replaced RedXIII, and that helped, but if I don't get it on the next couple tries, I'm going to have to work in a Second Magic Blink.

Off the top of my head, for FF12 I have:

Vaan OSB
Vaan BSB
Balthier BSB
and my spreadsheet says "Ashe's Defiance"

I'd have to load up the game to remember what that was.

So is there anything noticeable on these 2 banners?

Ashe's Defiance is her BSB armor.

The standouts from these banners are probably Penelo's new USB (medica, party physical blink, 2000 HP stock), Fran's debuff BSB (AOE pentabreak entry, -ATK and -RES commands), and Larsa's new healer BSB (status blink on entry).

Penelo's BSB is a damage/healing hybrid that from what I can gather is not particularly well regarded. Gabranth's BSB is a bog standard dark-elemental physical BSB, same with Basch's relics which seem like carbon copies of stuff that Agrias and Beatrix have. Not bad relics but nothing outstanding about them.

Fran also has an AOE lightning imperil on banner 1, which I'd love to pick up along with her BSB. Penelo's USB would be a nice bonus. I don't know if I'm going to pull on banner 2 yet.

friz898

The standouts from these banners are probably Penelo's new USB (medica, party physical blink, 2000 HP stock), Fran's debuff BSB (AOE pentabreak entry, -ATK and -RES commands), and Larsa's new healer BSB (status blink on entry).

Penelo's BSB is a damage/healing hybrid that from what I can gather is not particularly well regarded. Gabranth's BSB is a bog standard dark-elemental physical BSB, same with Basch's relics which seem like carbon copies of stuff that Agrias and Beatrix have. Not bad relics but nothing outstanding about them.

Fran also has an AOE lightning imperil on banner 1, which I'd love to pick up along with her BSB. Penelo's USB would be a nice bonus. I don't know if I'm going to pull on banner 2 yet.

Thank you, it seems you can never have "too much blink"..but I think Firion with magic blink, and then Oveila and Selphie ones, which I think are also magic blnk. I do have edge's jacket with physical blink but I never have space for him in my party. I've yet to use that SB.

I'd love Fran's, and I don't have any USB's right now. I seem to find Relm Medica/Last Stand and Eiko (BSB, SSB, and Unqiue) as my two healers now.

Thanks, some of that sounds pretty good, so I may pull on Banner 1 tonight. I have I think 35-40 Mythril, so maybe combine with gems.

Gabranths bsb is imperil dark which can be very handy obviously.

friz898

...I don't even remember that.

You know, I played it on release like what 2006/2007.

I finally replayed it, zodiak version, on emulator in 2013. I'll probably buy it for PS4.

But.

What I remember about that game:

1. Vaan does nothing for me, but I love balthier.
2. Battle system is perfect to me, Gambit system is so awesome, like a script for "dual boxing mmo's".. I felt like I was playing an mmo with 3 accounts.
3. The infinite exp trick with certain gambits in the Necro dungeon.
4. And other than certain areas, that's it. In fact, in my head, I actually have to think about Selphie and Penelo because I've only played FF8 once, and FF12 - Penelo never stood out.

So I'm with you there.

WarAdept

I finally replayed it, zodiak version, on emulator in 2013. I'll probably buy it for PS4.

But.

2. Battle system is perfect to me, Gambit system is so awesome, like a script for "dual boxing mmo's".. I felt like I was playing an mmo with 3 accounts.
4. And other than certain areas, that's it. In fact, in my head, I actually have to think about Selphie and Penelo because I've only played FF8 once, and FF12 - Penelo never stood out.

So I'm with you there.

I also played the original release, but unfortunately my brain was too stupid to understand the politics of the story. I'm sure now that I'm older and with the Zodiac Age Remaster coming mid-year, I'll have a much better understanding of the game.

All I remember from XII is:

• Vaan and Penelo do nothing
  • Cid is a dick
  • Summons suck, better off to Quickening spam
  • Game had an unfortunate spell queue system where only one major spell could be cast at any given time (same problem as Tales of Symphonia). So multiple mages were a massive liability. And what kind of party did I make? MAGE META
  • Got my ass handed to me multiple times by some King Bomb in some woods
  • Reks da best

friz898

I also played the original release, but unfortunately my brain was too stupid to understand the politics of the story. I'm sure now that I'm older and with the Zodiac Age Remaster coming mid-year, I'll have a much better understanding of the game.

All I remember from XII is:

• Vaan and Penelo do nothing
  • Cid is a dick
  • Summons suck, better off to Quickening spam
  • Game had an unfortunate spell queue system where only one major spell could be cast at any given time (same problem as Tales of Symphonia). So multiple mages were a massive liability. And what kind of party did I make? MAGE META
  • Got my ass handed to me multiple times by some King Bomb in some woods
  • Reks da best

Both times I played this game, I played it like triple-boxing an mmo, so I never even used mages. Seemed less fun than controlling Vaan as a melee leading the charge and I had the other two chars (who they were I don't remember, maybe Ashe) have scripts to keep me Hasted, Shelled, Protected, and whatever other buffs and heals could be done. Oh regen too I think.

MrDaravon

Got Gabranth's BSB on my 100-gem pull. Was planning on doing a single pull on each banner (I have nothing on either outside of now this BSB and Basch's shield on banner 2) but now I'm debating whether or not I should tempt fate. I probably still will though because I really need a FF12 medica, if I get one on banner 1 I'll probably just pass on banner 2.

Kenai

But.

So I'm with you there.

Your memory is waaaay better than mine! I remember two things:

Vaan going around screaming "I'M CAPTAIN BASCH" (this is a meme to this day, right?)

and

"Hello, I'm Larsa and my Potion/High Potion spam will block out the fucking sun"

MrDaravon

FUUUUUUCK yes went for an 11-pull, got Penelo's USB, Vaan's new SSB and Gabranth's SSB (on top of getting his BSB from my 100-gem pull). Goddamn excellent, would have preferred getting Fran's BSB in there somewhere but not complaining.

Having Gabranth's imperil Dark BSB and his +Dark SSB is potentially rad but I'm not sure how much use that'll actually see, situationally great to have though. Since I already have Vaan's BSB I'm wondering the best way to combo that with this new SSB though.

WarAdept

"Hello, I'm Larsa and my Potion/High Potion spam will block out the fucking sun"

Larsa is amazing. I was always overjoyed when he joined the party temporarily because I could run around lazily while he literally drowned everyone in Potions.

EDIT: They changed the Relic details preview. Gotta scroll now. Guess it was to accomodate the Commands for BSBs?

Rubenov

Larsa is amazing. I was always overjoyed when he joined the party temporarily because I could run around lazily while he literally drowned everyone in Potions.

EDIT: They changed the Relic details preview. Gotta scroll now. Guess it was to accomodate the Commands for BSBs?

I don't like the new format. It cuts off the SB description often as well. Not sure why they did it.

First 11-pull, 1/11, Fran's BSB. Sweet, the item at the top of my wishlist!

Decided to see if I could keep the luck going with one more 11-pull. 2/11, Basch Unique and Gabranth SSB (dupe). Oh well. Didn't get Penelo USB, Fran SSB, or Vaan SSB but since I did get the BSB I'm gonna be content to stop there.

Thanks to these vitality motes, I've unlocked enough sphere levels to unlock 4* mote abilities and equips for all characters if needed for cms. Now back to topping off that make appearances in high level battles.

friz898

Game is punishing me. Pulled 2 unique. Thanks, id be rocking out 2 years ago!

Your sarcasm always cracks me up, my style of humor.

Edit: Oh! I forgot to post that last night right before I passed out, I got Penelo BSB on 100gem pull. I think you guys said it was so-so. Does look it could find a use in a Holy Team, but I already have like 10 Holy relics, so unsure.

I think I'm going to do two 11 pulls later today. One with 35myth and 1000 gems, and the other straight gems. Got a check from AT&T for $47 bucks. Apparently from a class action lawsuit from 2005-2010 that I didnt even know about. So it really is "throwaway" money.

Edit: Oh! I forgot to post that last night right before I passed out, I got Penelo BSB on 100gem pull. I think you guys said it was so-so. Does look it could find a use in a Holy Team, but I already have like 10 Holy relics, so unsure.
The way I use her is support in multi target fights (as I don't have relics for other dancers). The +mag/mnd entry mean she could be used as your support in a mage meta team. Do note the boost overwrites Selphie's burst entry boost and is inferior (Selphie 30%, Panelo +10%) though Selphie is another so-so burst.

friz898

The way I use her is support in multi target fights (as I don't have relics for other dancers). The +mag/mnd entry mean she could be used as your support in a mage meta team. Do note the boost overwrites Selphie's burst entry boost and is inferior (Selphie 30%, Panelo +10%) though Selphie is another so-so burst.

Ah that's right, she's a dancer. I really love having a Dancer in because they Multibreak and then the other slot is either some kind of heal or breakdown.

I'll have to look at it. Mog has been my dancer of choice because I have his RevWall soul break.

friz898

I can't wait for Mog's BSB.

What is it?

Ya I know I can google, but I like the conversation in this joint.

Edit: I looked up my Holy stuff (in reference to finding a place for Penelo's BSB) and I'm so stacked, I have Pecil SSB and BSB, WoL OSB, Garnet BSB, Agrias SSB and BSB, Relm BSB, Firion BSB, and Cid R's SSB. Geez!

WarAdept

What is it?

Ya I know I can google, but I like the conversation in this joint.

Edit: I looked up my Holy stuff (in reference to finding a place for Penelo's BSB) and I'm so stacked, I have Pecil SSB and BSB, WoL OSB, Garnet BSB, Agrias SSB and BSB, Relm BSB, Firion BSB, and Cid R's SSB. Geez!

It's basically an Mage Meta version of OK's VoF.

Entry: Grants Haste, MAG and MND +30% for 25 seconds, grants Burst Mode to the user

Cmd1: Instant Cast, Restores HP (80), grants High Regen, damages undeads
Cmd2: Single attack (10.60), MAG -50% for 25 seconds

It's seriously amazing.

friz898

It's basically an Mage Meta version of OK's VoF.

Entry: Grants Haste, MAG and MND +30% for 25 seconds, grants Burst Mode to the user

Cmd1: Instant Cast, Restores HP (80), grants High Regen, damages undeads
Cmd2: Single attack (10.60), MAG -50% for 25 seconds

It's seriously amazing.

Holy Shit.

How far away is that? I've never chased but... I love Mog!

New DU Lucky list is up on Reddit for V, X, T.

Some decent stuff on there. Will probably just do that and forego X banner. I'm short on mythril...51 at the moment. Think I have like 4/71. 2 of them from my Tactics pull.

friz898

Morning Guys.

I pulled twice last night.

1/11 - Vaan SSB
2/11 - Another Vaan SSB and Gabranth SSB

Not very good at all, but at least I didn't have those two relics. I really wanted the stuff we talked about yesterday.

Also in other news, I finally beat Necrophobe last night. For some reason, on my second try on him, I got him to 10% but then the 12-15 tries after that I would get him to about the same before I would die. I brute forced it because i was so close on second try, but I should have done the gimmick.

My (amazing) strategy involved zerging on phase 3 with 3 rez'ers constantly reviving whoever got hit by Nightmare Flare. Did get a master since I went to the trouble of Magic Breakdown on lower right barrier.

Team was:

Firion - Came to dish out damage, breakdowns, and his BSB with Blink.
Relm - Heals, and her Medica/Last Stand.
O Knight - Breakdowns, huge dmg output, and used all three of his relics I have, the Burst, Onion Sword, and Blowback from his staff.
Alphinaud - Heals, Phoenix for res and Deployment Tactics.
Rosa - Heals and Medica/Magic Blink.

I'm glad I got it done, but I feel like it was so sloppy. Really like an MMO guild zerg rushing a Dragon they're really not ready for.

Anyway, only 3 nightmare left.

Anustart

Your sarcasm always cracks me up, my style of humor.

I think I'm going to do two 11 pulls later today. One with 35myth and 1000 gems, and the other straight gems. Got a check from AT&T for $47 bucks. Apparently from a class action lawsuit from 2005-2010 that I didnt even know about. So it really is "throwaway" money.

Welcome to my world. My holy A team is all damage entry medica. Watch out! White mages are a coming!

I have 12 of the relics on offer (including Tiny Bee). I'll be pulling late due to being away for a few days.

Things I want? Tidus OSB (I have his BSB and would love a second element to have a en-element+OSB combo in), Faris USB (well I have Fran BSB so maybe wanting the perfect AoE break character is a bit greedy). But the fun of these draws is getting stuff you completely overlooked.

Edit: Belias was a pretty close call in both difficulties. I bought along Fran and Eiko (thought crits would be more handy than instant cast burst) and in U+ Eiko got silenced, party members started getting petrified and Eiko was the only one with Ultra cure. In A+ we had two Cids on doom timers who fell once we had killed the demons but Belias still had over half health. The remaining Cid and Tyro got petrified then nearly got KOd because lol no buffs once you're cured, my Fran went down and a Ramza finished off the fight by using the BSB then the burst command. Nothing like a kitchen sink end.

friz898

Finally did Thursdays stuff. Seemed easier than usual, well I mean they're all easy but even the d120 fight really seemed like nothing.

Going to go work on Dervish/Atomos.

ultra7k

hmm 19/71 on that lucky draw, but most of the relics I have are in the FFT realm. In serious need of V and X relics, which the game never seems to give me.

Will attempt a draw on this LD and hope for the best.

friz898

Tioday went really well for me, Cleared Atomos and Valgarimanda. Got Atomos on the very first try. Didn't read any strats or ever learn the gimick.

Used Shout for Zidane, Vaan, and O Knight. Relm and Alphinaud kept up the heals/last stand/radiant shield. Not much to say, he melted easily.

Valigarmanda took me 6 tries.

I took

Arc - I chose him as my healer for the insta medica even though the blink was useless. Also he had synergy so ya.

Eiko - She was backup healer, with Alexander since I stacked her with Mind. She used Phoenix Soul Break first time, her BSB the next time.

Relm - Nothing special here. Her main job was do a little summon damage and keep up last stand.

Now the two MVPs.

Alphinaud started with Mako Might, and his Air BSB. He also had Tiamat, Air RM, and NeoBahamut. I never used Deployment tacics for this fight. Aetherflow was amazing since everytime it would give me either Tiamat hone or NeoBahamut.

Garnet, the other MVP. She had Ixion and Quazecutol (whatever) along with Mog Teachings.
Started the fight with her BSB, and she did command 2 Summon damage for pretty much the entire fight. I used Ixion once.

It took me those 6 tries to figure out who should start with soul break, and whether or not I should try to mix in Deployment tactics, but once I got it right the dude melted before 2 Wall casts had worn off.

Leaves one more!

MrDaravon

I'm only at 12/71 on that list with FFX now being by far my weakest realm (outside of 1 & 11), I literally only have a single FFX relic on that list lol. I always pull on LD's but definitely excited about this one as my FFT RS is solid (although nothing for Cid) but my FFV RS is so-so and FFX is non-existent. Also plan on doing a pull on one of the FFX banners (probably the first one because Yuna USB) even though I don't really want to just because my RS is so incredibly awful there.

Top Bottom