• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Dahbomb

I want PTX-40a as the Sentinel/Nemesis replacement.

Groot? He has no flight, but he has everything else.

You guys listing long stretchy dudes or clunky slow robots are missing the point yet again. Especially the Groot/Nemesis references... like these dudes don't have ANY air mobility whatsoever

What makes Sentinel appealing to play with is the fast fly/unfly mechanics combined with fast limbs for zoning all while gaining the air superiority over the opponent (ie. stomping on their heads while doing fly bys). These mechanics would kinda be broken on most other characters but because he's a big target in the air it makes it sort of work out. That's what makes it interesting, he's a surprisingly agile big character.

Phobos is much closer but he's on the Capcom side and he's a bit more rushdown centric than Sentinel.

Tizoc

Ono is obv. petitioning the return of the king
28Xmud6.gif

shaowebb

You guys listing long stretchy dudes or clunky slow robots are missing the point yet again. Especially the Groot/Nemesis references... like these dudes don't have ANY air mobility whatsoever

What makes Sentinel appealing to play with is the fast fly/unfly mechanics combined with fast limbs for zoning all while gaining the air superiority over the opponent (ie. stomping on their heads while doing fly bys). These mechanics would kinda be broken on most other characters but because he's a big target in the air it makes it sort of work out. That's what makes it interesting, he's a surprisingly agile big character.

Phobos is much closer but he's on the Capcom side and he's a bit more rushdown centric than Sentinel.
This. Phobos has the air pressure,laser drone lockdown,pressure that pushes you on top of traps, Armor and more. Hes the best playstyle alternate to sentinel. He isn't marvel though.

Best substitute sentinel to hope for is likely Hulkbuster Ironman as its own character. It's not like it wasn't already the biggest thing they had to merchandise and promote in other games already. It showed up on EVERYTHING.

shaowebb

Phobos would be cool as hell, hopefully they bring in some of the more visually interesting Darkstalkers like him or Raptor/Jedah/Pyron and won't just settle for Morrigan/Felicia.
I was bad dissapointed when Morrigan was announced again. Such an anti hype character. So many darkstalkers to choose from and they use her.

I was bad dissapointed when Morrigan was announced again. Such an anti hype character. So many darkstalkers to choose from and they use her.

I mean, at this point she's a vet of these games, she's been a character in every MvC game so far. She's like Ryu. Doesnt mean they won't use other characters from DS

PSqueak

Banned

Being disappointed at Morrigan being shown to rep DS is like being disappointed at them revealing Ryu as the first SF rep.

You can totally dislike the character, but don't pretend they would put anybody from DS first over the face of the franchise.

Weiss

Banned
Phobos would be cool as hell, hopefully they bring in some of the more visually interesting Darkstalkers like him or Raptor/Jedah/Pyron and won't just settle for Morrigan/Felicia.

I sincerely doubt Felicia is actually coming back. They reduced Morrigan's bust size; you think they'll let a half naked catgirl into the game?

Just watched this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAyO8smiPvY

Marvel, can you let her be on the game this time? At least as DLC please! hahah

Being disappointed at Morrigan being shown to rep DS is like being disappointed at them revealing Ryu as the first SF rep.

You can totally dislike the character, but don't pretend they would put anybody from DS first over the face of the franchise.

Yeah, as others have said, to not expect Morrigan as a locked DS rep is like not expecting Ryu to be on the game.

Jawmuncher

To be fair though. It's not like Darkstalkers is a big fanchise. So having someone other than morrigan isn't a risky idea. I'd say most people probably just know her as vampire girl. So I'm definitey in the camp where if they wanted to cut morrigan and put someone else, I don't think it'd be an issue in the grand scheme of things.

Ryce

Morrigan is more popular than Darkstalkers itself. Also, Ryu, Chun-Li, and Morrigan are the only characters playable in Marvel vs. Capcom 1-3, Capcom vs. SNK 1-2, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. I doubt she's going anywhere.

shaowebb

Never said I didn't expect Morrigan and Ryu. Just that I'm always bored and dissapointed by them. Just push Akuma as the new face of Street Fighter and pick another Darkstalker to push that was prominent already imo. The former is far more likely than the latter really.
I even mained Ryu in vanilla and feel he's just boring product placement that has more exciting alternatives to use for the role these days. Morrigan requires more Darkstalkers games to try to create a new face of the product though. That ain't happening lol.

Ryu and Morrigan pretty much have a perfect Vs. Series attendance record, so I don't see that ever changing.

Hell, Morrigan is more of a Vs. Series character than she is a Darkstalkers character at this point, lol

Skab

Never said I didn't expect Morrigan and Ryu. Just that I'm always bored and dissapointed by them. Just push Akuma as the new face of Street Fighter and pick another Darkstalker to push that was prominent already imo. The former is far more likely than the latter really.
I even mained Ryu in vanilla and feel he's just boring product placement that has more exciting alternatives to use for the role these days. Morrigan requires more Darkstalkers games to try to create a new face of the product though. That ain't happening lol.

Why does SF need a new face? Ryu is iconic. He's the grandfather of all fighting game characters. But nah lets just ignore him and randomly decide to make Akuma the new face.

This is just changing for the sake of changing, and adds nothing.

I dreamt that this game only had a total of 12 characters lol. Good thing I woke up. Scariest dream I've had.

Weird. I literally just dreamed that Infinite launched with the six revealed characters. Capcom said the future of fighting games were small rosters because it kept the game balanced.

Please give us some news, Capcom.

Evilisk

Hmmm

Would Honda Tadakatsu be a good alternative then?
I admit I've only played Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (and I didn't find him fun to actually play as, though his stage is damn cool) so I'm not too into the series, but I'm pretty sure he's got the size and actual flight/air mobility parts down.

Here's my wishlist of returning veterans based on likelihood to come back:

Very likely to return
Marvel - Spider-man
Capcom - Phoenix Wright

Moderately likely to return
Marvel - Rocket Raccoon
Capcom - Frank West (hopefully still his DR1 form)

Moderately unlikely to return
Marvel - Iron Fist
Capcom - Amaterasu

Very unlikely to return
Marvel - She-Hulk
Capcom - Tron Bonne

I decided to keep it to one character per category to avoid clutter.

Neoxon

Very likely to return
Marvel - Spider-man
Capcom - Phoenix Wright

Marvel - Rocket Raccoon

Marvel - Iron Fist
Capcom - Amaterasu

Very unlikely to return
Marvel - She-Hulk
Capcom - Tron Bonne

I'd move Rocket to Very Likely, given his recent popularity. He's basically a household name, now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Very likely to return
Marvel - Spider-man
Capcom - Phoenix Wright

Marvel - Rocket Raccoon

Marvel - Iron Fist
Capcom - Amaterasu

Very unlikely to return
Marvel - She-Hulk
Capcom - Tron Bonne

Rocket Raccon was leaked along with MVC:I so I would imagine he have a good shot getting in.

Very likely to return
Marvel - Spider-man
Capcom - Phoenix Wright

Marvel - Rocket Raccoon

Marvel - Iron Fist
Capcom - Amaterasu

Very unlikely to return
Marvel - She-Hulk
Capcom - Tron Bonne

Yeah, I mostly agree with this. I do think they'll go with DR4 (ugh) Frank and have his old design as DLC bait ala Spencer, though.

Top Bottom