• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Dremark

Banned
You could attribute that to Miles being around for longer, but I feel like Kamala is gaining more traction faster than Miles did (I'd have to double check, so don't quote me on this).

Either way, while I do see Ms. Marvel as being more likely than Miles, there's still a chance for Miles to get in (as he almost made the cut for UMvC3).

It's hard to really say who is catching on faster and it also might depend on whether you're talking about just comic book readers and such. Regardless Miles definitely had the upper hand, Spiderman is a *LOT* better known than Ms. Marvel and when Miles debuted it was something big that was covered by the press. I could be mistaken, but I think Miles had an animated series too.

Neoxon

It's hard to really say who is catching on faster and it also might depend on whether you're talking about just comic book readers and such. Regardless Miles definitely had the upper hand, Spiderman is a *LOT* better known than Ms. Marvel and when Miles debuted it was something big that was covered by the press. I could be mistaken, but I think Miles had an animated series too.
Miles never had his own animated show, but he was featured as a main character after his initial appearance on Ultimate Spider-Man's first Spider-Verse event & I think he may be in the new Spider-Man show coming up. Ms. Marvel on the other hand was featured pretty prominently in Avengers Assemble Season 4.

Raijinken

It's been what...4 months of no news now? I'm almost certain this game is getting delayed to 2018. How do you show a trailer at PSX with 4 characters and then have nothing else 4 months later? I'm probably just misremembering but I could have sworn MvC3 had monthly reveals.

I just want to see Leon, Ada, Jedah or Demitri. Nothing else matters :(

Dremark

Banned
Miles never had his own animated show, but he was featured as a main character after his initial appearance in Ultimate Spider-Man's first Spider-Verse event & I think he may be in the new Spider-Man show coming up. Ms. Marvel on the other hand was featured pretty prominently in Avengers Assemble Season 4.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

It's been what...4 months of no news now? I'm almost certain this game is getting delayed to 2018. How do you show a trailer at PSX with 4 characters and then have nothing else 4 months later? I'm probably just misremembering but I could have sworn MvC3 had monthly reveals.

The game has Megaman in it, so it's probably cancelled.

They had monthly reviews, but not right off the bat. MVC3 started taking off at E3, but at least it hhd artwork and countless articles about the game. We don't even have that for Infinite.

I can understand what Combofiend said about being cautious, but damn...at least talk to us more about this game.

This is why things are better when they get leaked, otherwise we get death by dehydration through Capcom's marketing timeline.

This is why things are better when they get leaked, otherwise we get death by dehydration through Capcom's marketing timeline.

We say that now, but I kinda wish that Injustice 2's roster hadn't been leaked. Granted it was like 5-6 months of pure silence but when the marketing blitz started up, it was incredibly exciting waiting for the next character reveal.

Not even knowing which characters we were gonna see would have only made the hype better.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I think they released the trailer too early since you could tell that the game is still in early stage of development so I'm totally okay with them staying quiet for awhile so they could release the trailers with better quality.

Weiss

Banned
I wonder if there's any hope of assists due to feedback.

I feel like instant tag-ins are less accessible; it means you have to juggle two combos in succession.

I very much doubt they'll revert back to old style assists, but I definitely anticipate some assist-like mechanic in the neutral by swapping out your point in the middle of a move, probably at the cost of meter.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant wait for our first piece of news in 4 months to be a stupid april's fool joke.

thats going to be special >_>

JAXXX

What are the chances of seeing
Monica-Rambeau- Spectrum
5624455-img_7726.png

Monica-avengers-vs-xmen.jpg

XVSA2_CM.jpg

I think her powers could translate nicely in marvel

Surely Capcom wouldn't do an MVCI April Fools Joke after no news for so long right?

right?

We'll probably have Foolkiller and Dan "revealed" from Capcom won't we?

Sadly Spectrum/Photon/Captain Marvel/Monica Rambeau has no shot.

What if its something really evil,

like Doom and Magneto vs Gene and Commando or something

Or something with the tons of the X-men
and then
Capcom goes full Arika and says
April Fools, these are characters that aren't going to be in the game

Or something that goes over the mechanics of the game with MVC2 Cyclops sprite like Niitsuma used that one time at an Evo panel

Skab

I'm bored, so random dumb speculation time!

Was watching the extended gameplay trailer again, and I think the infinity stones are going to have two components to them; a passive buff that you get upon first activation (think xfactor) and an active component/move when you activate it a gain during the duration.

If you watch the trailer, both sequences showing the gems being used already have a massive purple/green swirl going on when the character uses a stone specific skill. This makes me wonder what the passive/active for each of the six could be.

Power Stone:
passive - damage buff/maybe grants new properties on normals (ryu seems to OTG with a standing short during his sequence.)
active: damaging attack with knockback

Time Stone
passive - all around speed boost
active - teleport

While it is only two of the 6 gems, it also matches with what the gems did in Marvel Super Heroes, so I wonder if the rest of the gems passives will follow suit. But what would the actives be?

And how crazy would it be if they brought back MSH's thing with characters having a special affinity for one of the gems and getting a specific boost from it?

Weiss

Banned
I'm guessing the Stones will play out as basically tiny fractions of X-Factor. Power will give you stronger attacks, Time will speed you up, one will give regenerating health, one will give super armor, etc etc. I think one will pull a Zero Rengeki and give you a shadow clone.

I like the idea of Stone-specific abilities like an OTG or teleporting though. That could be lots of fun.

Game was announced in Dec, but we won't hear anything until June. That's...quite awhile.

What I don't understand is why they're not even talking about the game. At least with MVC3, the various interviews made the wait more manageable. With Infinite, we literally know nothing about the game.

Dremark

Banned
Game was announced in Dec, but we won't hear anything until June. That's...quite awhile.

What I don't understand is why they're not even talking about the game. At least with MVC3, the various interviews made the wait more manageable. With Infinite, we literally know nothing about the game.

Maybe it's better we don't know. The only update we've gotten so far was a white supremacist and a nearly naked woman who is powered by having sex with men.

We were better off without any updates.

Neoxon

Maybe it's better we don't know. The only update we've gotten so far was a white supremacist and a nearly naked woman who is powered by having sex with men.

You realize that this probably isn't Cosmic Cube'd Captain America in MvCI, right?

Skab

This is the dumbest comment ive read i a while

Top Bottom