• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

Isn't letting his tyrant parents return to reestablish an oppressive intergalactic empire kind of a dick move on Mon-El's part?

Like, it's not exactly out of character, but I hope they address that at some point. If he goes he can at least try to right the ship. By hanging out with Kara forever he's just letting the Daxamites roam the universe unchecked.

Isn't letting his tyrant parents return to reestablish an oppressive intergalactic empire kind of a dick move on Mon-El's part?

Like, it's not exactly out of character, but I hope they address that at some point. If he goes he can at least try to right the ship. By hanging out with Kara forever he's just letting the Daxamites roam the universe unchecked.

I guess the other option is him putting his parents in a prison cell for the rest of their lives. He doesn't really have an easy choice to make in the situation.

TreIII

The President better not turn out to be a bad guy alien.

Come on, Supergirl writers. Be better then that.

Trusting it's going to be a fake out like with J'onn in S1. Sinister red eyes and all.

Calling that the President is a "Big Good", but is much more pragmatic about it, as fitting a politician!

Forgot to comment during the ending sequence, lol. Damn you Rhea!!!! Papa Sorbo will be missed.

Also laughing at Rhea talking about how she's not done with Earth-38. Uh, they have a shitload of lead lol. Literal armies that will starch you, Rhea. Daxam have better made lead proof armor or she will have a hard time trying to fuck with Earth-38.

I only watch the first half hour of this show because I switch to east-coast feed of the Late Show. Any way, I'm disappointed when the mentioned bounty hunters that this episode wasn't all about the "Main Man". Lobo is the bounty hunter we need.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I was expecting this:

G5Pl8EM.gif

Close enough, I guess.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Something about this episode felt very Season 1-ish. Can't quite put my finger on it, maybe the structure of it with Kara going off to fight a weird alien to kick things off. I enjoyed this episode though. The relationship drama stuff with Maggie (and Mon-El) is pretty boring but they were both resolved in this episode, so I can't really complain too much. Rest of the episode was pretty good. Mon-El's family is just evil to be evil so they're not really compelling villains but I'll see how this all plays out.

Kryptonite Sais, that's a pretty cool signature weapon.

jph139

I feel like the show doesn't have the writing chops for really complex villains, so honestly I don't mind them going back to the "alien warlords that really hate Earth and/or Supergirl" well.

The Daxamites are probably the first plot I've been interested in since... the Roulette episode? Damn that was like 15 episodes ago.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I feel like the show doesn't have the writing chops for really complex villains, so honestly I don't mind them going back to the "alien warlords that really hate Earth and/or Supergirl" well.

The Daxamites are probably the first plot I've been interested in since... the Roulette episode? Damn that was like 15 episodes ago.

Oh! I liked Roulette too. I just hope that Kara and Mon-el don't break up over this again. Mama Mon-el is either going to get killed or banished and it would be soooooooo CW to have Mon-el ice out Kara because she was forced to kill his mom. Although he didn't seem to give a fuck when he depressurized the ship.

GulAtiCa

I got to give props to Alex. After the dumbness of Kara / Barry / etc, I totally expected some drama to pop up. Instead we got a great character development moment from both Alex & Maggie.

The power levels of the Martian Manhunter are so inconsistent in this show. In one instance he can make easy work out of red Kryptonite fueled Kara but in this he gets handled like a chump.

Grizzlyjin

Why did they even cast Kevin Sorbo in this? He didn't even do anything interesting

I was about to say the same thing. Teri Hatcher was enough. They could have saved some Canadian maple leafs or whatever the currency is and cast a random. Although seeing him get shanked on film is oddly satisfying.

Oh, and I really liked the alien makeup on laser eyepatch dude. Better than just some forehead ridges like most of the aliens at the bar.

I got to give props to Alex. After the dumbness of Kara / Barry / etc, I totally expected some drama to pop up. Instead we got a great character development moment from both Alex & Maggie.

Yeah, that was handled surprisingly well and every-time Maggie smiles with those dimples it's a special treat for me.

Supergirl likes going to the Jon impersonating Kara trick a lot.

Jon making the psychic bounty-hunter fall back after he tried to test him was funny.

Terri Hatchter busting out the Krytonite Sais and going all stabby on Hercules was cool to see.

Making a prediction here - the season is going to end with Mon-El either in suspended animation, the Phantom Zone, or thrown through time, so that he can found the Legion of Superheroes in a thousand years inspired by Kara's example.

Just watched the last episode
Oh shit, the president is an alien! Also Mon-El said he hated his dad, but why? He seems way nicer than his mother who just killed him.

Joni

Just watched the last episode
Oh shit, the president is an alien! Also Mon-El said he hated his dad, but why? He seems way nicer than his mother who just killed him.

It is going to be interesting to see what they will do with the president. Two episodes, two times the reveal she is an alien but nothing much about how bad that is or what her plans are.

His dad looks super familiar too. I can't place where I've seen him before though.

You might know him from the hit movie series God's Not Dead or from Xena where he had a cameo role.

SpaceWolf

Banned
SUPERMAN Confirmed To Return For The Season Two Finale Of SUPERGIRL

After Tyler Hoechlin's debut as Superman in the season premiere of Supergirl was met with such a warm reception from critics and fans, alike, it looks like Round 2 might be just around the corner.

Just moments ago, E! News reported that Hoechlin will reprise his role as the Man of Steel in the upcoming season finale, which will air on May 22. Plot details weren't disclosed, but it's not a stretch to assume his trek back to National City might have something to do with lending a hand to his cousin Kara in her attempt to take down both Rhea and her evil forces as well as the looming Cadmus threat.

CryptiK

The Superman in this universe would have benefited a lot from having the new52 suit with the turtle neck. This dude has a pencil neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom