• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

franconp

Jesus ****, Fran. Read

I still don't see it. And if anything it doesnt' seem coordinated at all:

Nomadic ask first:

Sophia please explain your non vote?

Natiko voted:

Most of the vote movement at EOD came from people confused about the vote count and just trying to make sure it wasn't a tie. I don't find this particularly indicative of alignment, in fact to take it a step further I got the impression that scum wasn't at risk - just look at all the people with no active votes. Makes me inclined to look elsewhere.

VOTE: CrimsonFist

All that talk day one and yet you two evaporated. What happened?

Ty4on also with a bad look coming out of day one. You sure did make a point to talk down on the different lynch candidates all while parking your vote elsewhere. It's almost like you knew what the results would be, hmm..

You answered:

I wasn't here for the final day:

If you must know, I was busy carrying a bunch of junk in the rain while a bunch of police officers watched on as an angry man screamed at them. I barely had time to look at the thread or lovers chat.

Natiko keeps pushing the discussion forward:

Yet you never did place a vote. It's not as if there's some rule that states your vote must occur right near day end.

Nomadic drops it and change his vote:

Most of the vote movement at EOD came from people confused about the vote count and just trying to make sure it wasn't a tie. I don't find this particularly indicative of alignment, in fact to take it a step further I got the impression that scum wasn't at risk - just look at all the people with no active votes. Makes me inclined to look elsewhere.

VOTE: CrimsonFist

All that talk day one and yet you two evaporated. What happened?

Ty4on also with a bad look coming out of day one. You sure did make a point to talk down on the different lynch candidates all while parking your vote elsewhere. It's almost like you knew what the results would be, hmm..[/QUOTE]

Vote: Ty40n

for now....

Natiko keeps going:

???

And as to you, would you say you were an active participant in discussions as the day concluded? Would you say that you demonstrated any real interest in what the day end result would be?

Namadic suddenly trust both you:

I'm going to trust CrimsonSophia for now

After this both Natiko and you keep discussing about this in not friendly terms for a couple of more posts (I didn't want to quote all to not make this post too large).

I just not see how that can called coordinated. Nomadic just jumped out of his vote really quickly but Natiko kept pushing the discussion forward.

franconp

I'm looking back at the vote on D2 after all the flips and have some doubts:

DAY 2 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas (9)
Ty4on 1893
franconp 2119
WhereAreMahDragonz 2278 TOWN
CrimsonFist 2351
Sophia 2411
Sorian 2544
nin1000 2551 TOWN
Trigger 2559
Xbro 2561

Sawneeks & Sorian (5)
flatearthpandas 2393 SCUM
Ourobolus 2435 TOWN
Darryl 2472 TOWN
Royal_Flush 2546
Verelios 2563 TOWN

Ourobolus & kingkitty (3)
Nomadic Sparks 2269
Sawneeks 2405
StarSketch 2564 TOWN

Darryl & nin1000 (2)
Muffin1611 2307
Samuraischnecke 2439

Trigger & Ty4on (2)
Natiko 1933
Karkador 2514

franconp & Dr. Worm (1)
kitsunelaine 2066 SCUM

Xbro & Karkador (1)
kingkitty 2321 TOWN

No active vote for Day 2: TsuXna, CzarTim, Dr. Worm (has previously voted)

This is the vote for D2 with all the aligments that we already know. Looking at that is most likely that there was some bussing on FEP/Kitsune. Or at least not a solid effort to save them. The other pair in the chopping block was Ouro/Kitty and most of the vote there was town. Besides FEP and Royal (who we still don't know the aligment) all of the rest are confirmed townies. Royal can you explain your vote there? If there was an attempt to save FEP/Kitsune has to be your vote there. Your vote made Kitsune/FEP with 6 vs Sorian/Sawneeks with 5 with 6 minutes left before deadline.

Sawneeks vote is also interesting. She voted Ouro to tie Kitsune. This vote was early and there was still lot of time left until deadline. Why didn't you move your vote when they weren't gaining any traction?

Both Muffin and Samurai voted Darryl and parked their vote there. Not much to do when both of them aren't here.

Natiko also made an early vote and parked it. Kark vote kinda make me feel better about him. He made a vote on Ty half and hour before day end and left it there even when there was no traction on that lynch. He posted several time after that (his last post was 5 minutes before day end). Also in his post he says that he prefer to see and Kitsune lynch than an Ouro lynch. This is a dangerous statement to do if you are scum. It prevents you to try to save your partner if you have the chance.

After that there is not much else. Kitsune voted for us. KK voted for Kark and he was town. Tsuna and Czar didn't posted and were replaced. I already know Dr. Worm aligment so I don't need to analize his vote.

I dunno when Flush will be back but I know he's talked about that vote here and also in our chat. Mentioned it above too. He scumread XKark and so voted there and then silenced them. I would not have agreed had I been here I think but he was consistent and I know at the time had some uncertainty because in the chat he lamented the absence of a partner to discuss it with.

I'm sorry to answer for him but we are in way different time zones and I'm not sure when he goes inactive for the night but this is what I know and I'm sure he will clarify for you if you have questions or if I got something wrong.

franconp

Looking at Kitsune's votes. I wont' add mine as I see no point to it. I already know my aligmetn. Besides that it's pretty obvious why I voted for them:

That was was I posted in the boat, then afterwards discussed it with Trigger that you looked kinda townie with your first arguments before Fat's attack. I'm not quite sure how far up you are now, but you're higher up.

I was playing around in my head with a scum team where you got paired with lower activity/weaker/scum read players and that much of the fight was desperation from you. I was bothered by not getting anything townie reading that fight.

With three hypothetical teams I wanted to push something down, but it looks like I have to choose something higher up.

Anywho
VOTE: kitsunelaine
Trigger got me to reread a bit and while kitsune came out slightly better it's not enough to make me vote for anyone else. I haven't read FEP as closely, but nothing feels like scum couldn't do it.

Kitsune seems to struggle to read people, but she didn't have much of a problem going all out attacking Dragonz. It feels forced.
He read of Worthy yesterday is maybe the best post I've seen from her, but still very observational and "easy". I can't quite see the townie behind the post trying to make sense of it if that makes sense.

This was an early vote. Ty parked the vote there. It's mostly related to the WAMD vs Kitsune. Ty also voted for Kitsune day 1. Looking it like this it could easily be scum busing a partner.

Sorry, busy today and I won't be around for day end.

Vote: Kitsunelaine

Crimson voted here without much explanation. Looking back some posts he didn't adressed much about Kitsune before the vote. There were just a couple of light questions but never a real interest. His jumping on the lynch is weird.

Voting with my partner for now.

Vote: Kitsunelaine

Sophia votes after that and she claims that she is voting with her partner. Sophia did try to engage in a discussion with Kitsune. This vote is a little bit better than the one before.

Bah, fucking dozed off. Glad I set an alarm just in case.

VOTE: kitsunelaine

Not dying for this shit play scum.

Sorian claims self preservation. At the time of the vote was Kitsune 5 Sorian 4 so it's logic. This vote is NAI. Sorian went pretty hard on Kitsune and FEP but also tried to get Ouro lynched.

After this Nin voted and made a difference of 7-5

Vote:kitsunelaine

I'm pretty comfortable with this option.

Trigger never adressed Kitsune or FEP. He also kinda jumps on the vote. At that point it was 7-5 with 3 minutes left in the clock. If scum hoped to save Kitsune this would be the time to do it.

From what I've seen today I have a scum lean on kitfep, but null on Sorian(mostly because I don't know his meta)

I'd rather vote for the scum lean I have.

vote: kitsunelaine

Xbro also jumped on the lynch without talking about Kitsune before. This was the last vote almost at the same time as Trigger. At this point the lynch was a done deal so it can be an easy bus.

To me the most likely bus there are Crimsophia votes or Xbro vote. Ty could be an early bus but Trigger vote seems less likely as a bus (unless Sorian is scum and they just decided to lynch the one with the worst role).

Xbro

Xbro also jumped on the lynch without talking about Kitsune before. This was the last vote almost at the same time as Trigger. At this point the lynch was a done deal so it can be an easy bus.
Actually I did mention kitsune earlier. This post:
That seems more like scum pulling a random player(or group in this case) to give a read on then anything else.
is where I mentioned the scum lean prior.

franconp

Who's on your scum list Fran?

Right now I don't have solid read on anyone. I find your partner scummy as he is trying really hard to not participate in any discussion. He seems extremely cautious for a townie.

Crimsophia is bugging me lately. They started really strong but lost force during the game. Right now Sophia is just jumping around and changing her reads and throwing shade around but it doesn't seem like scumhunting at all. Crimson kinda progressively dissapeared. He was very strong at the start but I can't remember anything about him after D2.

Racorhs is also playing really weak. I don't think they have said anything important in the game so far. The previous pair was also suspicious but the way they dropped the game looks more as frustrated townie than scum. But that's the only thing that I find kinda townie there, not enought to not scum read them.

Royal can you explain your vote there? If there was an attempt to save FEP/Kitsune has to be your vote there. Your vote made Kitsune/FEP with 6 vs Sorian/Sawneeks with 5 with 6 minutes left before deadline.

I feel like I explained this at least five times already. If you read the posts before the vote you'll see that I've been doubting everything and everybody. I had no clue what was the better lynch. So I "played the Sorian" by bringing the vote close to a tie. The motivation was the same that Sorian gave for his vote on Orb on D1, namely to force more people to vote.

Natiko

Banned
Looking at Kitsune's votes. I wont' add mine as I see no point to it. I already know my aligmetn. Besides that it's pretty obvious why I voted for them:

This was an early vote. Ty parked the vote there. It's mostly related to the WAMD vs Kitsune. Ty also voted for Kitsune day 1. Looking it like this it could easily be scum busing a partner.

Crimson voted here without much explanation. Looking back some posts he didn't adressed much about Kitsune before the vote. There were just a couple of light questions but never a real interest. His jumping on the lynch is weird.

Sophia votes after that and she claims that she is voting with her partner. Sophia did try to engage in a discussion with Kitsune. This vote is a little bit better than the one before.

Sorian claims self preservation. At the time of the vote was Kitsune 5 Sorian 4 so it's logic. This vote is NAI. Sorian went pretty hard on Kitsune and FEP but also tried to get Ouro lynched.

After this Nin voted and made a difference of 7-5

Trigger never adressed Kitsune or FEP. He also kinda jumps on the vote. At that point it was 7-5 with 3 minutes left in the clock. If scum hoped to save Kitsune this would be the time to do it.

To me the most likely bus there are Crimsophia votes or Xbro vote. Ty could be an early bus but Trigger vote seems less likely as a bus (unless Sorian is scum and they just decided to lynch the one with the worst role).
A bit late to the party, but you came to essentially the same exact conclusion I did when I did this analysis and came in and voted for Sophia/Crimson D4 lol

Right now I don't have solid read on anyone. I find your partner scummy as he is trying really hard to not participate in any discussion. He seems extremely cautious for a townie.

Crimsophia is bugging me lately. They started really strong but lost force during the game. Right now Sophia is just jumping around and changing her reads and throwing shade around but it doesn't seem like scumhunting at all. Crimson kinda progressively dissapeared. He was very strong at the start but I can't remember anything about him after D2.

Racorhs is also playing really weak. I don't think they have said anything important in the game so far. The previous pair was also suspicious but the way they dropped the game looks more as frustrated townie than scum. But that's the only thing that I find kinda townie there, not enought to not scum read them.
Huh, didn't think I'd ever see nomad's unique style of play described as cautious.

Sorian/Sawneeks - who do you scumread beyond rac/acohrs? You may have said already and I forgot.

franconp

Actually I did mention kitsune earlier. This post:

is where I mentioned the scum lean prior.

I missed that one.

I feel like I explained this at least five times already. If you read the posts before the vote you'll see that I've been doubting everything and everybody. I had no clue what was the better lynch. So I "played the Sorian" by bringing the vote close to a tie. The motivation was the same that Sorian gave for his vote on Orb on D1, namely to force more people to vote.

I already read that explanation but I still don't like the vote.

A bit late to the party, but you came to essentially the same exact conclusion I did when I did this analysis and came in and voted for Sophia/Crimson D4 lol

Huh, didn't think I'd ever see nomad's unique style of play described as cautious.

Sorian/Sawneeks - who do you scumread beyond rac/acohrs? You may have said already and I forgot.

I don't know if cautious is the word. I just think that he is avoiding any kind of confrontation. He comes, makes a few posts but never answer any question. Everytime someone tried to engage in a discussion with him he just keep going with his weird posts.

I feel better about you but if I learned anything about Persona is that I don't trust you.

Sorian

Banned
Re: Nomadic Sparks: He's been in several games, but not full games, and yes, he plays like this to a point - very cryptic, doesn't answer questions, etc. However, I will say this, since today I'm going to be very tinfoil hat and try to push guesses to conclusions to see what might stick: this constant reshuffling of details and demand for repetition and forgetting of who's dead and who isn't starts to look like a schtick after a while. Like it's there to create chaos. It makes a good balance against Natiko.

Now, do I think it's purposeful? I don't know. Feels like a stretch. But it gets easy for us all to write Nomadic off as "just playing that way," too.

But he does just play that way. Just like Star just plays her own way. That was kind of the point of yesterday. Don't think I quoted anymore from the Nomadic saga but as frustrating as he is being, bored townie is very clearly the answer.

It's not like it "sucked". We can confirm that RoyalMonkey targeted Ouro and that Darrin targeted Sorian yesterday. We just didn't caught scum red-handed. And we didn't claim before because we still had shots left.

Besides that, Didn't you just threw shade on Nomadic?

I'm surprised no one else quoted this. You realize you don't really confirm either of those things? We already knew Flush silenced Ouro, that isn't new and you could just be copying info from the thread and saying that Darryl targeted me to be lynched is probably the most believable observation to make ever.

That reminds me, if Sorian and Royal are hypothetically part of one scum team, I have a lot of trouble believing that they'd pick the same target in one night (Ouro). So I don't think scum would be both pairs. Sorian has definitely had the less-believable claim, and I've no idea why people are giving it such a Town pass.

Are you insinuating that I haven't been blocking the people I said I have or just less believable in terms of alignment? I understand the second but you can't seriously be trying to still throw that weird shade pretending that I didn't really block Ouro two nights in a row.

If this is mylo I'll never forgive you all lol

Okay..and if they don't have to setup a lynch on you because there are already multiple people stating they will lynch you just for surviving.......why would they vote for you with such wish wash reasoning instead of just blending in with the crowd? Why does scum diverge from the pack there if, as you said, you will be lynched just for surviving even if they do nothing? The arguments you and Sorian are presenting for rac/acohrs continue to feel weak.

I still see no world where Burb put four scum in the game. Four is the number I would try to fear monger on town if I was scum or neutral, that's what I did in Arkham (not saying you're scum, more saying that I usually have a good count for this type of thing).

hell of a way to not gain any attention, vote for a claimed rb

good thing you added the xbro/kark part because look at that you and sorian didn't have a vote on star/ab either

Yes, but we both commented our thoughts on Star/AB, I don't think you did?

Not game related but it's really a good strategy, more people should do it.
Anything to foster more votes from this community is A+.

Natiko

Banned
If there are only three scum boats total then either Sorian/Sawneeks isn't town, Fran/Work aren't town, or scum have two really good roles left that we've seen zero sign of.

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

hey_monkey & Royal_Flush (2)
acohrs 4234
Nomadic Sparks 4245

rac & acohrs (2)
Sawneeks 4091
Sorian 4098

No Lynch (1)
Natiko 4233

Sawneeks & Sorian (1)
rac 4264

Xbro & Karkador (1)
Ty4on 4235

Natiko & Nomadic Sparks (1)
franconp 4165

No active vote for Day 5: CrimsonFist, Dr. Worm, hey_monkey, Karkador, Royal_Flush (has previously voted), Sophia, Trigger, Xbro

Day 5 Postcount: acohrs 24, CrimsonFist 11, Dr. Worm 12, franconp 23, hey_monkey 32, Karkador 7, Natiko 25, Nomadic Sparks 22, rac 10, Royal_Flush 13, Sawneeks 11, Sophia 31, Sorian 23, Trigger 5, Ty4on 33, Xbro 11

Day 5 ends:
red_1503687600.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

3 of the existing pairs did not vote for the scumpair that day, royal as the only representative of their pair was one of them. Not only did they not vote for scum, but they defended them at dayend.

So what you're saying is that about a quarter of the game did not vote for the scum that got lynched that day but Flush is the suspicious one. Why, exactly? Whoops, people were wrong. We also all voted for a bunch of townies.

Look, man, I get it. I don't have a lot to latch onto in this game either. But Flush and I rolled out our claim, we've been open, there's nothing on the board to contradict our claim, and our role would be dumb for scum in this game. Obviously I'm biased, but if we're at all close to mylo, are we really the team you want to lynch out of everyone that's left? If so, more power to you. But this feels like really flimsy justification and when we flip town, you're gonna get... what... exactly from that? That we were silencers, that we had two shots, and that we were open about our targets? How will that advance the game?

Because we have to think about that, too. How are we gonna advance the game? I don't know that I would vote Sophist or Natiko Sparks today without a very good argument on the table for that very reason - they would not advance the game.

This is also why I'm reluctant to vote Sawrian. Unless they are scum, which is possible, a town flip there would not really be super great because there are legitimate reasons to push them. They have a suspect role and they're both good enough players to pull off a town appearance. Suspecting them just makes sense. It's good play. Flipping them might not be.

You have to wonder, if Flushmonkey is scum, that'd be two pretty soft PRs on the mafia side in a game where we're assuming 3 ?

That reminds me, if Sorian and Royal are hypothetically part of one scum team, I have a lot of trouble believing that they'd pick the same target in one night (Ouro). So I don't think scum would be both pairs. Sorian has definitely had the less-believable claim, and I've no idea why people are giving it such a Town pass.

^^would point this out, too.

If you're NK, that's fine that's cool I'll get used to it weird but okay

But if you have said that silencing Ouro and Karkador was NAI then we have ISSUES

BIG ISSUES

I maybe flailing in my own phlegm but if silencing Ouro and then Karkador is not NAI then you need to explain further what your motives are in "Scum hunting"

Because your scum hunting maybe different then what my scum hunting is.

and right now, for town to survive, they need to be a panther at night, prowling the jungle.

So two things here. First, we talked so much about why we silenced OK. We thought they were scum and we hoped to hit the whole scum team. That's the purpose of our role. We were wrong. So was most of the game that day. We all fucked up.

But the second thing is - and this is to Sorian, maybe - yes, I agree that Nomadic Sparks does just play the way we've seen him play. But I will say, and it's a small thing, that I have seen these moments where he is making arguments and pushing things and that's new. I think I've been in all the games with him so far. So yeah, I'm reading him as town. But today, as we near the end, I am considering all possibilities, even wild ones, and I think there is a possibility that there's something else going on. Would I vote it? Nah. Will I talk about it? Yep.

I've been thinking about this for a bit and I kind of agree with you? If Xkark is Scum and the whole team got silenced then there really wasn't any chaos or strange behavior that I can remember from that Day Phase. And if Xkark is Scum and the team was blocked I don't know who the other pair would be that would've been silenced as I don't remember anyone sticking out. The only thing of note is Kits/FEP getting lynched but I don't know if that's indicative of a Scum Team being unable to coordinate or just a cascading of events after Kits' read list that wasn't stopped.

This is basically why we just read them as town after that. As above, it's possible, but it just doesn't seem likely. There were opportunities there to disrupt that no one capitalized on and that would be a hell of a bus. Like I said, that could have been why fep seemed so frustrated but it feels like a stretch.

I keep re-reading Crimson and he hasn't physically disappeared (until today), as he's been quite involved. They just don't stand out. It's a red flag. But I don't see anything scummy from them otherwise and they've had some changes to sow some dissent. I end at being really uncertain on them.

as for racohrs, I really can't tell if they're just not invested because they came in at a weird position to follow a team that everyone had a read on or what.

Natiko

Banned
I stand by no lynch, but if a lynch happens today and it doesn't land on one of the most active boats then you all fucked up. There is almost no chance that one or two of the highly active boats aren't scum. If we lynch a non-entity again and it's wrong we're going to be stuck in a real dicey position tomorrow.

So all of that leads up to this:

Not on the table for me today:

Dr Fran: - if they are scum, well, shit, they deserve to win. Well played. But legit have no reason to suspect them. They've been clearly scum hunting and I think their claim sounds believable for this game and with their targets. Their posts today also answered the "but I have a theory!" issue that didn't get resolved yesterday, though I'm not sure anyone else really looked at that much.

Natiko Sparks - I don't really see any reason to categorize them as scum, either. Natiko has been working pretty hard to solve the game and what's more, their flip wouldn't reveal much to us at all.

Soft maybe on these:

xKark - Scum is possible here but I think the evidence is against it, with the day 2 silence at the events that followed. I would make it low odds, but there certainly have been some moments that would make one doubt. I do think day one was weird, but honestly, I wouldn't have scumread either OrbEdge OR xKark I don't think, not over that "gambit," so I have a hard time seeing the d1 lynch as a save.

Sophist - I think scum is possible here but it means they missed a lot of opportunities to stir shit. Could be they felt we were stirring enough on our own, could be just missed opportunities, but makes them feel more townie to me. However, they have been largely noncontroversial, moreso as the game has gone on, and there is some vote weirdness. A flip would be slightly more revealing than some, but not much. However, if they're scum, I'd wonder if they were in fact scum with xBro.

Much more possible:
Tygger - man, I have beaten this into the ground. I find Trigger scummy as hell - the lack of a real trail, some of the vote placements, the missing votes, the drive-by posts. Ty too has been inconsistent, shifty, working hard to appear town but not really doing much that's townie. Me, this is my top scum read, but the fact that I seem to be in the minority has sown doubt.

Sawrian - There's a hanging issue of scum not being able to disable the virgins. Now, our power, when it hits town, is not so great. Could be that's a theme here, that we have a town hooker who needed to play cautiously. There are certain things that point to Scumrian, too - they are still alive, for instance. But it could easily be calculated in this way - we lynch them for being sus and then scum gets to kill someone else. The problem here is that they are very good players who naturally garner suspicion and I've seen Sorian play a roleblocker before and seen Sawneeks play scum and look very town. Their lynch may also be the most revealing. It's certainly the most pragmatic choice for the day. But as with StarBro, I think it might be the wrong choice. I don't think I'd stand in the way if everything swung that way, but I'm just not sure.

racohrs - just a big ol' nothing here. It was easy to scumread their predecessors but it could have been newbie stuff. It's easy to scumread racohrs, but it could be a lack of investment. Failing anything else, though, they don't seem to be scumhunting in any consistent way meant to produce results, so this may be the safest choice today... or, if they're town, could be pretty bad for us. I'm also not sure it would be the most revealing flip - we'd have to look at the slight pushes they've been making and then back at schmuffin.

This is the first time in a game I've been at a point at which I legit felt all the choices were bad. Hats off to scum, I guess. Whoever you are, you're covering pretty well, but I really fucking hope we get you.

Sorian

Banned
I stand by no lynch, but if a lynch happens today and it doesn't land on one of the most active boats then you all fucked up. There is almost no chance that one or two of the highly active boats aren't scum. If we lynch a non-entity again and it's wrong we're going to be stuck in a real dicey position tomorrow.

I agree with you on the premise that something is up in the high posters. I thought the same too that it feels similar to DR. I don't think both teams are there though. Mostly because I'm not seeing you or Flush's boat as scum. The PoE there is obvious (Sophia/Crimson) but the question still remains of who the other team is because it likely is one of the "non-entities" (in quotes because I wouldn't put anyone's participation at that status anymore to be honest).

I agree with you on the premise that something is up in the high posters. I thought the same too that it feels similar to DR. I don't think both teams are there though. Mostly because I'm not seeing you or Flush's boat as scum. The PoE there is obvious (Sophia/Crimson) but the question still remains of who the other team is because it likely is one of the "non-entities" (in quotes because I wouldn't put anyone's participation at that status anymore to be honest).
Do you not count Ty4on as high activity?

Trigger

You're always top poster in my heart Ty. <3

I agree with Natiko on not lynching another low activity pair. I'd be fine with lynching Sawrian or CrimSophia if that's what it comes to.

1. Should we consider discussing a mass claim?

2. I'd like to see everyone's (or every team's) #1 draft (scum) choice. If you had to pick one team right now and say THEY ARE SCUM, where would you land? I'm gonna go ask Flush but I'll post mine or ours later.

Sorian

Banned

2. I'd like to see everyone's (or every team's) #1 draft (scum) choice. If you had to pick one team right now and say THEY ARE SCUM, where would you land? I'm gonna go ask Flush but I'll post mine or ours later.

I can't imagine a mass claim matters at this point. I'd be astounded if all the answers aren't "vanilla." The tracker claim fills in the investigative spot I was expecting and if they are lying, someone should have counter claimed them at this point anyway.

If I want to be right? Probably Sophia/Crimson. I'm still tossed up between Kark and Ty among the lower activity posters but from the high end, they are the only pair that makes sense to me.

Who are we considering to be the high activity "pairs?"

I would say Sawrian, Natiko, Ty4on and Monkey stand out to me as people constantly present and contributing, but with Trigger, Nomadic and Royal as less present.

And I guess other people are saying Sophia and I.

Of those, I think I'd most want to lynch NatikoSparks, I'm still giving Ty a pass from his push on Kitsune on day 1 and 2, in a previous game (I think it was Danny Phantom), I recall Ty defending an overly scummy looking team mate day 1. Sawrian has been discussed to death, but blocking Ouro two days still only really makes sense as town. RoyalMonkey's PR could just as easily be scum, but again their targets make more sense if they're town and I think Monkey's contributions have been good since she subbed in.

So less a scum read on Natiko and more that everyone else I can find a case for being townier.

franconp

I would say Sawrian, Natiko, Ty4on and Monkey stand out to me as people constantly present and contributing, but with Trigger, Nomadic and Royal as less present.

Of those, I think I'd most want to lynch NatikoSparks, I'm still giving Ty a pass from his push on Kitsune on day 1 and 2, in a previous game (I think it was Danny Phantom), I recall Ty defending an overly scummy looking team mate day 1. Sawrian has been discussed to death, but blocking Ouro two days still only really makes sense as town. RoyalMonkey's PR could just as easily be scum, but again their targets make more sense if they're town and I think Monkey's contributions have been good since she subbed in.

So less a scum read on Natiko and more that everyone else I can find a case for being townier.

It's kinda weird that you excluded us (dr. Worm and I) as, counting the votes as a pair, we should be one of the 2 or 3 top posters of the game.

Natiko

Banned
The reason I could see two being among the more active boats is because I'm still skeptical that there's only two scum boats left.

We can, but I would bet almost everyone left claims vanilla.

This should be clear by now but Crimson/Sophia without a doubt on my end.

It's kinda weird that you excluded us (dr. Worm and I) as, counting the votes as a pair, we should be one of the 2 or 3 top posters of the game.

Guess that's what I get for going off memory rather than actually checking vote counts.

You two are probably town due to the Kitsune reads stuff though, on top of your role claim, so that wouldn't change much.

Why just high activity posters here?

Why just high activity posters here?

That was the previous topic of conversation, and I agree with the people saying that there's likely scum in that pool, especially with them shooting outside of that last night.

It covers most of the players anyway, racohrs and Xbrodor are the only two left out I think. Racohrs I don't think are scum, but for slightly meta reasons that make assumptions about the setup: The conversation a while back when they were talking about possible deleted posts in their chat, would be an odd thing to fake as scum. But only works if scum only have a single chat as with LB1.

Xbrodor I thought were semi confirmed by the silencer, but Xbro saying that "day 2" covers day and night where he normally plays goes against that, I think those two would be my other pick for scum at this point.

Racohrs I don't think are scum, but for slightly meta reasons that make assumptions about the setup: The conversation a while back when they were talking about possible deleted posts in their chat, would be an odd thing to fake as scum. But only works if scum only have a single chat as with LB1.

Oh, scum doesn't have individual boats on top of scum chat? Hmm. I didn't even really think about that. I just went back and looked at the discussion around that (if anyone else wants to, it starts here)

Natiko

Banned
Yeah there's an argument to be made for why rac/acohrs might not be scum due to the nature of their predecessor's exiting but burb requested we not discuss it.

Sorian

Banned
Oh, scum doesn't have individual boats on top of scum chat? Hmm. I didn't even really think about that. I just went back and looked at the discussion around that (if anyone else wants to, it starts here)

They didn't in LB1 because it would be very redundant for no real reason, that would also make little sense with your power?

Sorian

Banned
Yeah there's an argument to be made for why rac/acohrs might not be scum due to the nature of their predecessor's exiting but burb requested we not discuss it.

If there are really deleted posts,I'd think it would have to do more with the nature of the posts (it doesn't appear they left on the happiest terms if I remember right) than for any gameplay reasons.

They didn't in LB1 because it would be very redundant for no real reason, that would also make little sense with your power?

I just literally didn't think about it. Of course it makes sense; Burb ain't trying to lock 3-4-5 individual chats for whatever reason. Or I guess I just didn't think about the implications with missing posts from Schmuffin re: scum vs town.

Yeah, I'm not trying to speculate on the circumstances but in terms of meta this is an interesting angle.

Natiko

Banned
If there are really deleted posts,I'd think it would have to do more with the nature of the posts (it doesn't appear they left on the happiest terms if I remember right) than for any gameplay reasons.
The argument would have more to do with the events happening in the thread at the time. Better to leave it to things in game that we can openly discuss though.

Trigger

Which do you prefer and why?

Sawrian because I genuinely just don't trust their claim. Giving Sorian the benefit of the doubt on an unorthodox claim hurt town in Batman, I thought. What would scum have to counter the virgins and roleblockers?

1). I don't see much value in a mass claim right now.

2). I kinda already answered this already.

Sorian

Banned
Sawrian because I genuinely just don't trust their claim. Giving Sorian the benefit of the doubt on an unorthodox claim hurt town in Batman, I thought. What would scum have to counter the virgins and roleblockers?

1). I don't see much value in a mass claim right now.

2). I kinda already answered this already.

Why does scum need to counter the virgins? One blocked kill doesn't mean much in this game, it changes lylo to mylo and that's about it. It doesn't change the number of mislynches needed.

Xbro

Been bugging me for a bit, but can someone explain exactly what MYLO and LYLO are? I know it has something to do with your last chance to lynch scum based on context.

Sophia

Been bugging me for a bit, but can someone explain exactly what MYLO and LYLO are? I know it has something to do with your last chance to lynch scum based on context.

It refers to the two states of endgame in a Mafia game, where town only has a slight majority over the Mafia.

Mylo = "Mislynch and Lose." If you lynch town, the game is over. In Mylo you (usually, barring any second kills) have the option of no lynching, however. Opting to no lynch in Mylo reduces the amount of players, and takes the game into...

Lylo = "Lynch or lose." If you lynch town or no lynch, the game is over. You MUST hit scum for town to continue on. Barring any lucky nights with no death, you're usually stuck in Lylo.

I did think that there was a chance that one of the role claims could be scum due to the quantity of claims/flips, but I can't find any strong justifications for any pair.

Role blockers serve as both protective and investigative. On top of that we have another protective role (virgins) and another investigative role (trackers), but Sawrian's targets are proven and they point more to the pair being town, plus the role is somewhat neutered by the pair being hookers.

The same is true of the silencers, with their targets looking townie and the role having limited utility anyway along with generally town reading Monkey.

Trackers could be scum and their results were all already known or unprovable so it could (unlikely) be an entirely fake claim or lying because their actual targets makes them look scummier. But again there, without trackers, town's investigative powers are very weak and Fran and Kitsune's interactions point to them being town.

Trigger

Why does scum need to counter the virgins? One blocked kill doesn't mean much in this game, it changes lylo to mylo and that's about it. It doesn't change the number of mislynches needed.

Town has an overabundance of powers here. I just expect scum to have something more than Loved to counter us.

Ty4on

Town has an overabundance of powers here. I just expect scum to have something more than Loved to counter us.

Assuming no lies, they have negative utility. Flush blocks teammates, Sorian could disable the virgin and fran could out Sorian or Flush and make us think they were scum. Darryl also had to guess the lynch the night before which is quite hard to get right. I'm kinda surprised they did (if fran is to be believed).

Top Bottom