• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Natiko

Banned
Vaguely, yes. But just saying, there's technically a chance. :p
Obviously, they weren't killed the previous night after all. They could also be scum that won't be NKed ever. I was just responding to Sorian's claim that this will lead to a monkey mislynch tomorrow with him already dead.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Xbro, your input on Trig4on would also be appreciated. do you agree, disagree with your partner here? how would you say your view on this pair has advanced during this game?

anyway, after deliberating with fran, we're gonna go with this, I think. def won't be around for EoD, though I may be on another time before then

VOTE: CrimsonFist

Sophia

Sophist, your votes (or lack thereof) really stick out to me upon consolidation. More even than Trigger's vote pattern.

I mean, what particularly sticks out with you? Day 1 I wasn't here, and my partner had a considerable amount of votes that phase. Day 3 the lead lynch was Ouro, which I didn't object to given that I didn't try to push an alternative lynch.

Sophia

Obviously, they weren't killed the previous night after all. They could also be scum that won't be NKed ever. I was just responding to Sorian's claim that this will lead to a monkey mislynch tomorrow with him already dead.

I do find it odd that Sorian thinks he'll be dead tomorrow. A 1/6 chance of hitting scum tonight and stopping the kill seems pretty decent by Mafia standards. Plus, Sorian seems pretty convinced that at least one pair (Flush/Monkey) are town... : \

Sorian

Banned
I do find it odd that Sorian thinks he'll be dead tomorrow. A 1/6 chance of hitting scum tonight and stopping the kill seems pretty decent by Mafia standards. Plus, Sorian seems pretty convinced that at least one pair (Flush/Monkey) are town... : \

1/6 isn't really that great even excluding my town read and if my town read is wrong then lol free kill anyway. You can clearly see that Natiko and I are both talking worst case scenarios with this back and forth, me blocking a kill doesn't matter, that would negate all of this conversation anyway.

------

To monkey, we blocked Ouro, Ouro, Kark, Ty.

I mean, what particularly sticks out with you? Day 1 I wasn't here, and my partner had a considerable amount of votes that phase. Day 3 the lead lynch was Ouro, which I didn't object to given that I didn't try to push an alternative lynch.
Neither of you voting at all D3 is just odd to me. I dunno, I don't think I've ever not voted.

I'd rank us, Dr Fran, and Sawrian-if-claim-is-true most likely candidates for NK - obviously assuming all are who they say they are. Natiko I think scum would leave alive for possible pushes toward doubt and chaos, since there's been some question about Sparks from some quarters and a No Lynch argument could get people feeling some kind of way.

---------
Sorian: thank you - I forgot the Kark block and I couldn't find it in search.

Just to have all this in one place to see, historically, who voted for whom. No motivations and order a bit off at times. Now possibly more accurate.

1. [m] rac & [m] acohrs
D1: Schmuffin never voted at all for Orb/TWE. Both voted for xKark at various times and ended there. Samurai stayed there; Muffin dropped off once, voted Ouro, came back.
D2: Voted Ouro, then switched to Darryl.
D3: Voted selves, left game, weird shit. acohrs voted Ouro. rac did not vote.
D4: voted Sawrian.

3. [f] Sawneeks & [m] Sorian
D1: Sorian was first to vote Orb/TWE. Dropped off, voted again, also voted xKark, kits, Ouro, Darryl. Fat voted Darryl/nin only. Claims to have blocked Ouro N1.
D2: Voted kits (twice, stayed there), Ouro, Darryl, fran, Star, xBro. Saw stayed on Ouro after subbing in and voting around a bit. Claims to have blocked Ouro again.
D3: Sorian ended with no vote. Sawneeks voted Ouro and stayed. Sorian voted Ouro early, switched off.
Blocked Kark.
D4: voted Xbro, Tygger, Darryl, racohrs. Blocked Tygger.

4. [m] CrimsonFist & [f] Sophia
D1: Sophia never voted. Crimson voted Trigger, kits, Sawrian, and Orb/TWE.
D2: Voted Darryl, kits.
D3: NO votes.
D4: Voted StarBro, Crimson early vote for Sawrian

5. [f] hey_monkey & [m] Royal_Flush
D1: Voted xKark only. Silenced xKark. TsuXna had no posts/votes.
D2: Flush voted Sawrian. Silenced Ouro.
D3: Voted Ouro, monkey switched to Ty4on
D4: Voted Tygger, racohrs, StarBro (all monkey; Flush was out)

6. [m] franconp & [m] Dr. Worm
D1: (DW) Voted self, ExoBlend, Ouro, Orb. fran voted NatikoSparks only. Targeted Star N1.
D2: fran voted kits, stayed there. DW voted Sawrian, Schmuffin, and then had no vote at day's end. Claims to have watched Flush n2.
D3: fran voted Ouro early. DW too but also cleared and then revoted. Said no night action.
D4: voted StarBro - DW also voted xKark, racohrs. Watched Darryl N3.

7. [m] Xbro & [m] Karkador
D1: Xbro voted Orb. Kark voted Trigger.
D2: Xbro voted kits (last vote). Kark voted Ty4on/Trigger.
D3: Voted Ouro. Xbro also voted NatikoSparks.
D4: voted StarBro, Xbro did not vote or meet post count.

8. [m] Trigger & [m] Ty4on
Trigger had no vote (but did meet post count). Ty voted Flush, Kits twice (stayed on kits at end), xKark, Exoblend.
D2: Ty voted kits early, never moved. Trigger voted kits late, only action. Did not meet post count.
D3: Trigger had no vote. Ty voted monkey.
D4: voted xKark.

10. [m] Natiko & [m] Nomadic Sparks
D1: NS voted Flush, Ouro (stayed there). Natiko voted Ouro only.
D2: NS voted Tygger, Ouro. Natiko voted Tygger and also Sophia.
D3: Natiko voted Ouro. NS voted monkey.
D4: NS voted Darryl, StarBr; Natiko voted StarBro, xKark, CrimsonSophia

Sophia

1/6 isn't really that great even excluding my town read and if my town read is wrong then lol free kill anyway. You can clearly see that Natiko and I are both talking worst case scenarios with this back and forth, me blocking a kill doesn't matter, that would negate all of this conversation anyway.

------

To monkey, we blocked Ouro, Ouro, Kark, Ty.

Shit, with how my luck's been this week, I'd gamble on those odds. >_>;

Assuming you're not scum, how useful would a flip of me and Crimson be to you in regards to making your decision, Sorian?

Neither of you voting at all D3 is just odd to me. I dunno, I don't think I've ever not voted.

It'd be pretty odd if it hadn't been such an unusual day phase, you're right about that.

I'd rank us, Dr Fran, and Sawrian-if-claim-is-true most likely candidates for NK - obviously assuming all are who they say they are. Natiko I think scum would leave alive for possible pushes toward doubt and chaos, since there's been some question about Sparks from some quarters and a No Lynch argument could get people feeling some kind of way.

Of the three power roles, I'd say Sorian and Sawneeks are the most likely threat. Followed by Dr. Worm and Fran. Roleblocker presents the biggest threat to the scum team right now as they have a chance (however small) to cop-confirm someone.

The not-voting thing for me, I guess, feels anti town because town needs all the evidence and info they can get, at least from my perspective. Not voting leaves no easy trail or info. I have to go back and look at your posts and for many players it then becomes easier to rely on "gut" and instinct. This is how I see it anyhow. Lord knows there's a billion ways to play.

It also makes more sense to me now when people say you haven't been as much of a presence. In the record, you haven't.

As for NK, yes, a roleblocker is the single biggest threat. But if they are still alive tomorrow we may all eat them out of sheer doubt. So it might then be more convenient for scum to kill someone read as town.

I do also wonder if there are PRs yet. I would not be surprised if there are.

Sophia

The not-voting thing for me, I guess, feels anti town because town needs all the evidence and info they can get, at least from my perspective. Not voting leaves no easy trail or info. I have to go back and look at your posts and for many players it then becomes easier to rely on "gut" and instinct. This is how I see it anyhow. Lord knows there's a billion ways to play.

It also makes more sense to me now when people say you haven't been as much of a presence. In the record, you haven't.

Don't get me wrong, you are absolutely right regarding Day 1 at least. I'll give you that there, as not leaving a vote trail hurts there. I've been called out before for reserving my vote too much when I'm town, so I'm not pleased that real life circumstances forced me into doing it again.

That being said, I think the info you get from a lack of vote on Day 3 is a bit limiting, if only because many people sat on the Ouro vote or didn't vote there as well. As far as that day phase goes, I actually find the people who voted elsewhere more interesting, even if I can't make much of it right now.

Also full disclaimer: My reads have been shot for reasons I'm not sure of, and we're 13 hours away from day end. So I'm in no-fucks-given mode right now.

Sophia

As for NK, yes, a roleblocker is the single biggest threat. But if they are still alive tomorrow we may all eat them out of sheer doubt. So it might then be more convenient for scum to kill someone read as town.

This is what I actually worry about if they're actually town, tbh.

Sorian

Banned
Shit, with how my luck's been this week, I'd gamble on those odds. >_>;

Assuming you're not scum, how useful would a flip of me and Crimson be to you in regards to making your decision, Sorian?

It'd be pretty odd if it hadn't been such an unusual day phase, you're right about that.

Of the three power roles, I'd say Sorian and Sawneeks are the most likely threat. Followed by Dr. Worm and Fran. Roleblocker presents the biggest threat to the scum team right now as they have a chance (however small) to cop-confirm someone.

I mean, I think I'm alive because scum wasn't worried about me stopping a kill last night so either they have a strongman or they used someone who Saw and I wasn't really suspecting. That second list narrows things down a lot and you'd just barely be in the cut. So your flip certainly has a lot behind it in terms of smartest place to block next.

I don't disagree re: other votes day 3. I think it's all important frankly. I just like data and dislike things that move people toward "gut" reactions. Personal tic. Is what it is.

Am also worried about that re: Sawrian. It leads to a big tangle of necessary WIFOM.

Sorian

Banned

How can you think there are more PRs? I feel like we're at critical limit.

Sorian

Banned
I don't disagree re: other votes day 3. I think it's all important frankly. I just like data and dislike things that move people toward "gut" reactions. Personal tic. Is what it is.

Am also worried about that re: Sawrian. It leads to a big tangle of necessary WIFOM.

To be fair, I didn't vote day 3 because your beau decided to start his role claim right before I went to sleep and I wasn't going to stick around for all that so I unvoted so he had time to talk.

I blame Flush, I think that's the first time I've ever not been voting at a day end.

To be fair, I didn't vote day 3 because your beau decided to start his role claim right before I went to sleep and I wasn't going to stick around for all that so I unvoted so he had time to talk.

I blame Flush, I think that's the first time I've ever not been voting at a day end.

Yeah, but you had voted. You've voted a whole dang lot.

My beau will now live in infamy as getting Sorian to sit out a vote!

All right, bed for me.

Sophia

I mean, I think I'm alive because scum wasn't worried about me stopping a kill last night so either they have a strongman or they used someone who Saw and I wasn't really suspecting. That second list narrows things down a lot and you'd just barely be in the cut. So your flip certainly has a lot behind it in terms of smartest place to block next.

I think that's what is bugging me most of all: The fact that you and Saw survived the night phase. It just seems odd that scum would potentially let you live twice and give you two chances of cop-confirming one of them, all for a shot of making you an obvious mislynch on Day 6.

Random off-topic, and I already expressed this to Crimson, but my gut is saying I should look at Kark and Xbro. I don't really have a reason for it tho.

acohrs

Not too much, debating what to have for lunch/breakfast. You?

Gut told me you were scum from reading your posts on day 3 and 4, and your reaction to me scumreading you instantly vindicates my opinion that you're scum. But, it's all gut baby, the best kinds of reads!

Going to have nutella toast for breakfast now, will be delish!

acohrs

However, despite my scumread of you on D4, my attention this dayphase has turned to royalmonkey. I scumread them more than you now and think their flip would be more revealing than yours

acohrs

Sorry, should add I still scumread Sawneeks, just think there's a better lynch target this dayphase.

Think that's all the questions in that post answered, the rest seemed to be for Rac

franconp

I don't think we would be a threat to scum now. As we already said before we are out of shots and we are ordinary now. That's why we claimed.

However, despite my scumread of you on D4, my attention this dayphase has turned to royalmonkey. I scumread them more than you now and think their flip would be more revealing than yours

Are you making a case or just throwing shade?

Nomadic is not going to get traction so to my second scum read:

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

CrimsonFist & Sophia (3)
Natiko 4328
Dr. Worm 4356
franconp 4378

hey_monkey & Royal_Flush (2)
acohrs 4234
Nomadic Sparks 4245

rac & acohrs (2)
Sawneeks 4091
Sorian 4098

Sawneeks & Sorian (1)
rac 4264

Xbro & Karkador (1)
Ty4on 4235

No Lynch (0): Natiko 4233 4328

Natiko & Nomadic Sparks (0): franconp 4165 4378

No active vote for Day 5: CrimsonFist, hey_monkey, Karkador, Royal_Flush (has previously voted), Sophia, Trigger, Xbro

Day 5 Postcount: acohrs 27, CrimsonFist 15, Dr. Worm 16, franconp 30, hey_monkey 57, Karkador 13, Natiko 42, Nomadic Sparks 23, rac 10, Royal_Flush 15, Sawneeks 13, Sophia 40, Sorian 44, Trigger 9, Ty4on 37, Xbro 12

Day 5 ends:
red_1503687600.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

Xbro

Xbro, your input on Trig4on would also be appreciated. do you agree, disagree with your partner here? how would you say your view on this pair has advanced during this game?

anyway, after deliberating with fran, we're gonna go with this, I think. def won't be around for EoD, though I may be on another time before then

I agree with what he's saying.

--

Ty was a rather large subject of discussion for us early on, though not all of it was entirely helpful. Main reason we started looking at him was the huge difference between the number of Ty's posts and the number of Trigger's posts.

Because of this, Trigger has been a huge non-entity this entire game for me. I can't recall anything from him sticking out mostly because I can't recall anything from him at all.

Speaking of not leaving much of a trail - that's Ty and Trigger to a T. Not producing too much. Not being terribly controversial. They are my top scumpick and the flip I would like today. It won't be the most revealing because of that lack of evidence they will leave behind but I feel strong in the read.

franconp

I agree with what he's saying.

--

Ty was a rather large subject of discussion for us early on, though not all of it was entirely helpful. Main reason we started looking at him was the huge difference between the number of Ty's posts and the number of Trigger's posts.

Because of this, Trigger has been a huge non-entity this entire game for me. I can't recall anything from him sticking out mostly because I can't recall anything from him at all.

I don't ser how the difference in posts between a pair is aligment indicative.

Just look at Ouro/Kitty. Ouro is, by far, the top poster in the game even when he was lynched two phases ago. And wasn't a very prolific poster at all. And both of them were town.

acohrs

I don't think we would be a threat to scum now. As we already said before we are out of shots and we are ordinary now. That's why we claimed.

Are you making a case or just throwing shade?

Nomadic is not going to get traction so to my second scum read:

don't like how royal defended kits before the flip, think there's something there. Whether that's substantial enough to scumread them for others or just frivolous shade, I will let the rest of you decide.

Something just occurred to me and I checked but if I missed anything, please let me know. After flipping out anytime someone voted her last game (meta, I know), kitsunelaine never appears to have addressed Ty4on's vote for her at all. No discussion, no defense, no nothing, and he had a vote from early until the lynch. She had arguments with a number of the other people who voted her, before or after. Not with Ty.

Natiko

Banned
You're still easily the most townread person in the game. There's not many targets that are better for scum except mayyyybe Sorian if he's actually town.

You're still easily the most townread person in the game. There's not many targets that are better for scum except mayyyybe Sorian if he's actually town.

Yep, this is my thinking. Sorian (if legit town) and Dr Fran are the best NK targets, then probably us and Natiko Sparks, with factors that would impact that choice.

Though it would be remiss if I didn't speculate that it's possible Dr Fran are playing a spectacular game of mafia, using watcher as a role cop and just being very low key.

franconp

Sophia was talking about roles so I was just talking about that. Right now we are ordinary townies.

Natiko

Banned
I still think Sophia/Crim are the more likely scum pair. Ty's bus on kit would have been so dedicated and he actually argued more for a kit lynch than either Sophia or Crim.

I still think Sophia/Crim are the more likely scum pair. Ty's bus on kit would have been so dedicated and he actually argued more for a kit lynch than either Sophia or Crim.

I expect you'll get your way today, too. Partly because I am uncertain who would be teammates with Ty or what the flip would tell us in terms of that, but I do still think he's scum.

Class now - will check back in a bit.

Top Bottom