• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanity Fair: Bannon wants Priebus to give his account of the Comey firing to Mueller

cdyhybrid

The other weird thing is that Bannon works for Robert Mercer, so is Trump's biggest donor turning on him too?

He's not turning on Trump. He's turning on Kushner. Although it would probably be accurate to say he was never really allied with Kushner in the first place.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If you go back and actually listen to Bannon speak andread his thoughts and ideas you find out that despite his ruddy, bloated, floating corpse of a face, he has all the intellectual acuity of a teenager who didn't wear a mask to a Nazi rally. And finds himself on Monday Morning with no job, no friends and still no girlfriend. Bannon has a job and a comically evil sponsor, so he isn't going away, but he's one of the people responsible for some of the calamitous fuckery in political history. Mastermind he ain't.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the angle he's going for is, "Trump didn't obstruct justice by firing the FBI director meddling in his affairs, his snooty son in law did"?

cdyhybrid

If I'm understanding this correctly, the angle he's going for is, "Trump didn't obstruct justice by firing the FBI director meddling in his affairs, his snooty son in law did"?

Yeah, my guess is his endgame is Kushner takes the fall in the Russia investigation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, my guess is his endgame is Kushner takes the fall in the Russia investigation.

That's just going to get them even more caught up in the whole thing. Pretty sure that's worth an obstruction charge if Mueller proves Trump was involved.

Pretty much. He did say he wants to got to war for Trump so he's trying to toss a red herring to Mueller. My guess is that Mueller and co. are smart enough and see right through what Bannon is up too. You don't get your ass fired and start spouting shit about "war" and "globalists" and expect the FBI or anyone else can't see right through your insane ass.

El_Mau

tenor.gif

So Bannon = Little finger? I think it makes sense.

I don't see Trump abandoning Ivanka and extension Jared.

If it was Tiffany, yeah he would push her out of a moving car, but he loves Invanka

Ivanka's nothing mroe than a trophy daughter. When shit starts getting really rough we'll see Trump sacrifice her in the name of his true loves: money & power.

So Bannon = Little finger? I think it makes sense.

I mean, he wants to be Littlefinger. He's always fancied himself as a Kingmaker and Scheming Vizier, it's just once he actually became one rather than just making a bunch of baseless claims to his following, he turned out to be not very good at it.

Top Bottom