• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

swimbuff

Not really tbh. People can express their dissatisfaction however they like and from a consumer pov hitting the wallet and making the numbers go down is about the ONLY real form of power a consumer has. Even online criticism mostly only matters insofar as it pertains to how it affects the numbers that have value.

You are right, thanks for pointing that out. I think that that response to the video is excessive but the person has every right to vote with their wallet.

Personally, I think it would be a more interesting dynamic if Abby and Alex was struggling and fucking things up while Dan being the more experienced one trying his best to get them out of a hole. Watching everyone fuck up is still entertaining but less interesting.

You guys, what if the format is that every time they wipe they have to restart the game until they actually win. What if this series is actually This Is The Run: Exquisite Corps.

Maybe the next Corps series should be Jagged Alliance 2.

My man.

OK fine. They should play Jagged Alliance 2 then.

Jintor

i actually very impressed if dan managed to savescum his way through xcom 2 without learning how to actually play the game because it proves that firaxis made a game that grognards can enjoy and that apparently dan rykert can also enjoy

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Just wanted to say... even more frustrating I bet because I don't think anyone of them played it recently, or even in the past few years. Or ever...
I like the State of Decay idea.

They should play the original XCOM.
That would be a fun 15 minutes before everybody is dead. That game is so fucked up, I have no idea how I ever played it.

derFeef

They should play the original XCOM.
That would be a fun 15 minutes before everybody is dead. That game is so fucked up, I have no idea how I ever played it.

I like Terror from the Deep even more. I had no idea what I was doing. But hey, cool, aliens and submarines :D I was like Dan Ryckert playing EW. With age 12.

Jintor

i love og x-com.

there's aspects to it i enjoy a lot more than xcom, at the macro level it's more of a simulation game than the board game that xcom is closer to.

xcom is waaaaaaay more accessible though. none of the x-com clones like xenonauts or whatever come close.

I'm mostly looking forward to Dan's letter to Abby.

"Dear Commander Abby,

I DID GREAT!! The rest of the crew couldn't hack it on the battlefield and I had to pick up the pieces and escape back to base!! If you cant handle yourself in the theater of war, why did you join the X-COM in the first place!?!

PS - Please make sure that Commander Ryckert gets his shore leave approved as he is the greatest soldier ever."

Zaph

"Dear Commander Abby,

I DID GREAT!! The rest of the crew couldn't hack it on the battlefield and I had to pick up the pieces and escape back to base!! If you cant handle yourself in the theater of war, why did you join the X-COM in the first place!?!

PS - Please make sure that Commander Ryckert gets his shore leave approved as he is the greatest soldier ever."

how did you hack the next episode? link?

This whole XCOM thing tells me the people who comment on giantbomb.com have bad opinions and should not be listened to.

as opposed to this fine website? Dan has his fair share of detractors everywhere. I understand being over Dan's shtick. It's the same thing every time and it wore thin a while ago. It's not even a shtick anymore if it's how he behaves in every video.

oti

Banned
as opposed to this fine website? Dan has his fair share of detractors everywhere. I understand being over Dan's shtick. It's the same thing every time and it wore thin a while ago. It's not even a shtick anymore if it's how he behaves in every video.

I see what you're saying. But asking Dan to take this Xcom feature seriously sounds like the opposite of fun to me.

They also like Ben's Dota feature so...

BTA

You guys weren't kidding about the website comments. Though I did get a much better understanding of what he actually was doing wrong/what the game isn't directly explaining to them from some of the more sympathetic posts, which I appreciated.

Episode 9 and 10 are both fantastic. 10 especially has many great moments.

Aw man, if only Jeff was there. Nevertheless, a fun QL.

Atleast you managed to fix your mistake.

11 is even better

Y'all are making me really excited and also worried about what comes after that? I'll probably watch 10 if not also 11 tonight in any case.

BTA

Was looking at Dan's Twitter to see if he responded to anyone there and realized he got a SNES preorder.

Did those really go up immediately after I started trying to fall asleep last night? Fuck.

BTA

I don’t normally buy games on Amazon, and I just pre-ordered Mario + Rabbids. I assumed that it would be delivered to me on release day, but it says it’s going to be here two days later on July 31st. Is that normal? I have Prime and selected the fastest free shipping option.

My order says the 29th; it might just be that you ordered it this close to release? But I'm not sure, huh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know thinking on it, it makes sense that Vinny had this idea for exquisite corps back when Austin is still in the crew.

Tubobutts

I don’t normally buy games on Amazon, and I just pre-ordered Mario + Rabbids. I assumed that it would be delivered to me on release day, but it says it’s going to be here two days later on July 31st. Is that normal? I have Prime and selected the fastest free shipping option.
They're sending it back in time to get it to you a whole month early, how much faster do you want the shipping to be?

swimbuff

You know thinking on it, it makes sense that Vinny had this idea for exquisite corps back when Austin is still in the crew.

See the funny thing is I don't think it would have been as entertaining because Austin would be really good at it and that isn't as fun to watch unless you're purely doing pro strats like Beaglerush.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's that, but if there's one thing that Austin loves it's story telling through procedural gameplay.

This is basically the whole point of the intro.

I've said it before but it's like a really protracted dnd turn.

I bet he could create a lot of really fun scenarios as the series went on.

Tubobutts

There's that, but if there's one thing that Austin loves it's story telling through procedural gameplay.

This is basically the whole point of the intro.

I've said it before but it's like a really protracted dnd turn.

I bet he could create a lot of really fun scenarios as the series went on.
Now what Dan's doing makes sense.

TraBuch

Banned
It's a good thing people didn't know how absolute shit Dan was at XCOM when he reviewed XCOM 2. I could see that review blowing up and being like that Polygon Doom video.

Top Bottom