• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

pahamrick

what vpn are you using

I need to do this tonight

I go in to work late tomorrow and I need some batmens

FLYVpn.

Copy and paste from the review thread since everyone moved here now:

I've done this multiple times before, but I cannot get it to work ATM. It's all set up right, and if I go to Steam in chrome it shows me in the UK and everything, but then when I launch Steam for real, it still shows me in the US. Tried it with FlyVPN and PIA. Both are doing the same thing. I've closed and restarted Steam multiple times.

From what JaseC has said, the store will remain locked to the US if that was where your last payment came from but the actual game unlock is still tied to IP. So once the game is unlocked, just restart steam with the VPN activate and it should work.

CHC

Nice OT, you really came through on this one!

Didn't know about the stupid exclusive skins though. I'm mildly salty that I won't be able to use the classic 1960s Batman on PC, but eh who really gives a fuck in the end.

Did you restart your actual computer with the VPN to load at boot? It's probably not going to help but restarting has fixed a lot of my problems in the past *shrug*

I'll give that a shot.

It doesn't matter if the Steam store page still shows US currency, you should be fine if the VPN is active.

It still shows it as unlocked in 6 hours, too. Whereas is shows it as 2 if I visit the store page with the VPN active. It's like Steam is just completely ignoring the VPN. I have a crazy guess that I'll share if I find out I'm right.

From what JaseC has said, the store will remain locked to the US if that was where your last payment came from but the actual game unlock is still tied to IP. So once the game is unlocked, just restart steam with the VPN activate and it should work.

Interesting. Thanks for the info (and to JaseC for making the post explaining how to do it). Hopefully that's just it. Like I said, I've done this plenty of times before. First time it's been like this to me.

Salsa

im debatin but I think i'll just wait till tomorrow tbh

specially knowing i'll be done with the game in like 2 days out of spoiler-fear and my need to finish the witcher 3 and axiom verge

Nice OT, you really came through on this one!

Didn't know about the stupid exclusive skins though. I'm mildly salty that I won't be able to use the classic 1960s Batman on PC, but eh who really gives a fuck in the end.

All skins and preorder bonuses will eventually be downloadable in the future. (i think)

pahamrick

you got some deets for us not in the know?

Go here: https://www.flyvpn.com/download Download FlyVPN lite

Start it up, it doesn't require an install.

Use one of the free trial accounts and passwords listed here: https://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial

Once you're able to select a server, pick Britain/UK. Start/Restart Steam and it should start to unlock the game. Once the game is unlocked, put Steam in Offline mode until official release in your area.

Game unlocks in the UK in about 50 minutes. If it doesn't work, Steam fixed this loop hole.

It still shows it as unlocked in 6 hours, too. Whereas is shows it as 2 if I visit the store page with the VPN active. It's like Steam is just completely ignoring the VPN. I have a crazy guess that I'll share if I find out I'm right.

If you mean it says 6 hours on the store page in the steam client, I still think you're fine.

Try going through the motions of making a purchase, when you get to the cart you'll get a warning that will let you change the region. It doesn't matter though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Omgitshappening!

C0iZWKm.gif

It's just an alternate ending that is probably a more definitive conclusion to the series. From what people have said on GAF, it's not as big a deal as some websites claim.

its a continuation on the ending that doesnt provide a sense of closure. from my understanding. I havent seen it tho.

It's just an alternate ending that is probably a more definitive conclusion to the series. From what people have said on GAF, it's not as big a deal as some websites claim.

I like Kotaku but they can be a bit sensationalist. They scared everyone with the whole "Don't ever sell your starting armor" in Witcher 3 post which wasn't even correct.

Go here: https://www.flyvpn.com/download Download FlyVPN lite

Start it up, it doesn't require an install.

Use one of the free trial accounts and passwords listed here: https://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial

Once you're able to select a server, pick Britain/UK. Start/Restart Steam and it should start to unlock the game. Once the game is unlocked, put Steam in Offline mode until official release in your area.

Game unlocks in the UK in about 50 minutes. If it doesn't work, Steam fixed this loop hole.
Thanks! Hopefully my preload will be done either before or not too long after, assuming this works of course.

Blues1990

What would be the cheapest deal for getting a PS4? I really want to play this game, especially since the Wii U is in a bit of a dry spell and I have no interest with getting an Xbox One.

Ibuki

Banned
This was probably already posted, but they updated the Steam release time to 6 hours from now (for North America). HYPE!

Corpekata

Banned

Who on GAF has actually seen it? All the people I've seen downplay the alternate endings aren't even playing the game yet.

CHC

All skins and preorder bonuses will eventually be downloadable in the future. (i think)

I figured as much, but if my history with the other Arkham games is anything to go by, I'll probably play this, enjoy the hell out of it, and then never revisit it.

Great job, OP!

I did have a chuckle with that "Knight Rider" subtitle suggested over in the review thread.

Glad to see so many Arkham series fans on GAF.

DrBo42

Having finished the game I'll say that it's not like Halo or something similar where Legendary gets you a longer ending. The main story has an end and then 100% it gets you the continuation.

Having finished the game I'll say that it's not like Halo or something similar where Legendary gets you a longer ending. The main story has an end and then 100% it gets you the continuation.

Can you pm or spoiler tag the 100% ending. I haven't been able to find anyone stating what it is

Ephemeris

Nice job Ephemeris! Sorry I couldn't help out this time around, but you didn't need my help anyway - looks splendid!
You don't want to know how long it took me with my no-graphic-skill-having self. Let's just say.. I'm just grateful for the delays (LOL )

Furyous

Is Nightwing playable in free roam? Does the Batman Beyond suit include a cutscene introduction? Are there alternate endings?

DrBo42

Can you pm or spoiler tag the 100% ending. I haven't been able to find anyone stating what it is

I haven't completed that. It's going to be a day or so before you'll see that on the web. My previous post will make sense when you complete the game, it's very clear what the 100% will be.

The day is upon us!

acCwA5F.gif

Went to my local post office and picked up my new headphones today, so much better than the Turtle Beach P11 headset that I've been using for the last two and a half or so years. My ear holes are ready for some aural action and I'm tempted to go the VPN route to start playing it sooner.

As for the story being predictable well, you're supposed to "be the Batman" after all. That guy has back up plans to his back up back up plans along with being the "world's greatest detective".

Also don't know what stops them from having stories take place over the course of a couple days at least.

It's finally time.

ibSaKbs0UKWVw.gif

I would love an Arrow DLC for this game even though it wouldn't make sense.

EDIT: What is up with Minus GIFs disappearing lately when posting them? I noticed it the other day when I tried using Toki's original upload for the above Dancestroke GIF.

About 7-8 hours in so far, one thing is for certain (PS4), this game runs like a dream. I can't believe it's 30FPS at times. Match that up with my time in and i'm not even a quarter done of everything yet, happy days. This isn't going to be a 12 hour game, no way.

Enjoy all! It's truly a magnificent game!

Prototype

Title brought a smile to my face and made my day. Thanks OP.

Waiting for a good deal on PC but will certainly be picking this up at some point.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
is doing this really bannable?

Technically under their terms yes it is BUT they have never EVER banned anyone for unlocking a game early and myself and others on Gaf have done it many times.

The only thing you never want to do is use a VPN to buy something cheap from another region steam store. They don't like that one bit.

Got a few questions for the people who pre-ordered the PS4 version guys.

1- How much is the pre-load size? (Store says 47 but it is the full install size as far as i believe)
2- When does it unlock? 7 hours from now, from what i calculated.(I will be pre-ordering from the US store as i live in Turkey and the game is like 85 bucks or so in Turkish PSN store)
3- The most important one, what is the PlayGO size? As the internet download speed sucks here, i am hoping to start playing it when it unlocks via PlayGO.

Thanks. See you all in Arkham.

Top Bottom