• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

viveks86

Who on GAF has actually seen it? All the people I've seen downplay the alternate endings aren't even playing the game yet.

This guy:

Having finished the game I'll say that it's not like Halo or something similar where Legendary gets you a longer ending. The main story has an end and then 100% it gets you the continuation.

its a continuation on the ending that doesnt provide a sense of closure. from my understanding. I havent seen it tho.

Not sure anybody has said it doesn't provide a sense of closure. Obviously the 100% ending would by the final one, as it would tie all loose ends, such as Riddler.

Got a few questions for the people who pre-ordered the PS4 version guys.

1- How much is the pre-load size? (Store says 47 but it is the full install size as far as i believe)

Was around 54 GB total for me with patch, plus about a gig each for Scarecrow missions and Harley Quinn story stuff.

2- When does it unlock? 7 hours from now, from what i calculated.(I will be pre-ordering from the US store as i live in Turkey and the game is like 85 bucks or so in Turkish PSN store)

About five hours and twenty minutes.

3- The most important one, what is the PlayGO size? As the internet download speed sucks here, i am hoping to start playing it when it unlocks via PlayGO.

Thanks. See you all in Arkham.

16 GB.

Does 100% of side missions for the other ending include all the Riddler stuff? Won't get it if so. And are we saying the ending doesn't change at 100%, but rather unlocks another ending? So you don't miss anything by completing the story missions before finishing all side missions?

Vire

Was around 54 GB total for me with patch, plus about a gig each for Scarecrow missions and Harley Quinn story stuff.

Shiii, hope I finish in time!

Any word on the difficulty? I haven't really had time to read through the reviews. I've played all the Batman games and did all the challenge rooms - just bump it to hard?

DrBo42

Shiii, hope I finish in time!

Any word on the difficulty? I haven't really had time to read through the reviews. I've played all the Batman games and did all the challenge rooms - just bump it to hard?

I played the entire game on hard, didn't actually notice a difference. Hard doesn't turn off counter icons. Maybe you take more damage from hits/shots.

Whoa, whoa, it unlocks in less than an hour? When I checked the Steam counter earlier today it said it'd unlock 20 hours from writing of this message. I guess it was bugged or something. Cool, a lovely surprise :)

SomTervo

I posted the following in the other thread - may be useful for folk in this thread too. Ive had the game since saturday and probably played it 12-15 hours.

This is just my opinion obviously - one person has already harped up saying they disagree specifically about the batmobile. But anyway. This is the level of excitement i'm at now after playing all day today and a bit in the last couple of days.

[edit - re above, traditionally in Rocksteady Arkham games, New Game + is where counter icons are turned off.

Difficulty is good. Fistfights always seem pretty easy, though i'm seasoned at Freeflow. Although a couple of stealth segments and Barmobile bits have been quite tough.]

I'm a giant fan of the series, though I controversially think City is the worst of the first three.

Knight really feels like the game City and Origins wanted to be. It's fantastic and fully has a grasp of Batman and what it is to be Batman. If you just want to boot it up and swoop around the city fighting thugs, you can do that, and it's great. If you want to do the detective stuff, you can just go do that, and it's great. Plus the story is really surprising me, considering the criticisms levelled at it.

Also the Batmobile. I goddamn love it. Basically it's a license to feel cool as fuck and it's super responsive and brilliantly integrated with on-foot Batman. You can do stuff like fight 10 goons in a street, get blindsided by shots from a drone-tank, hit the Batmobile button, it systematically batters through the streets to you, you leap and seamlessly land in it, blast the drone-tank in one shot, then fire off doing 0-60 down a street, hit the glide button and launch hundreds of feet into the air, swooping away across rooftops to find more baddies.

I mean what the fuck. The whole experience is utterly seamless and there's nary a frame-drop on PS4.

It's just so fucking great. So far I'm not understanding any of the Batmobile criticisms. Even when you're forced to use it the context always feels right.

so is it confirmed that the NVidia codes dont get the harley quinn dlc yet? I have seen some people say it was a separate code or something...but then that package ID method shows them the same as a normal steam copy

vg260

Looks like a few people have completed this.

Without spoilers, is there any sort of upgrade system where upgrade tasks are missible and subsequent upgrades are locked out unless you play story mode again?

I'm speaking mainly in reference to Arkham Origins' wonky Dark Knight upgrades where you had to do tasks in a certain order and some were only do-able story mode in certain places to which you couldn't backtrack. That was super stupid.

Just want an idea if I can go in and play worry free about this or I should seek out a playthrough guide first.

How does using a vpn to play it early work? Sorry if that's not allowed here, but I never considered that. If it unlocked at a reasonable time, like midnight, I wouldn't care, but it's BS I have to wait til half the day is over.

How does using a vpn to play it early work? Sorry if that's not allowed here, but I never considered that. If it unlocked at a reasonable time, like midnight, I wouldn't care, but it's BS I have to wait til half the day is over.

It's easy:

Download/install FlyVPN -> connect to one of the free master servers -> connect to a server in Europe (game unlocks in roughly 5.5 hours versus ~10.5 everywhere else) -> restart Steam -> unlock game -> switch to Offline Mode.

SomTervo

Without spoilers, is there any sort of upgrade system where upgrade tasks are missible and subsequent upgrades are locked out unless you play story mode again?

I'm speaking mainly in reference to Arkham Origins' wonky Dark Knight upgrades where you had to do tasks in a certain order and some were only do-able story mode in certain places to which you couldn't backtrack. That was super stupid.

Just want an idea if I can go in and play worry free about this or I should seek out a playthrough guide first.

No, don't worry. It's got a fantastically well balanced, fair and robust levelling system. Origins was an anomaly.

DrBo42

I haven't seen anything that's locked to certain Most Wanted missions etc. You won't have access to certain things unless you progress through the story as usual.

You get a pretty absurd amount of upgrade points completing side missions. I'd recommend people dump a solid amount of points into the batmobiles combat capabilities since you have to sit through that shit so much. It will at least make it bearable.

ascully

Did you write that to me? I don't like playing VPN tricks with paid services. Even if it's allowed here, if I make a habit of it I may someday step on toes that will ban my accounts for VPN things.

No was asking the other people here who were discussing it.

So from what I've read, hard mode doesn't remove the counter icons. For anyone that has the game, is it possible to turn it off through the option menu? I always found the icons in the previous games distracting which is why I always played on hard.

Thomas and Martha Wayne for exiting the theater through the back-alley in Park Row.

qoznV7T.png

lmao

awesome work mate

Did you write that to me? I don't like playing VPN tricks with paid services. Even if it's allowed here, if I make a habit of it I may someday step on toes that will ban my accounts for VPN things.

The only reason they would ban you would be for VPN into a foreign store to take advantage of other countries discounts. I've VPN'd(to play early) for the better part of 4 years now and have had 0 issues each and every time.

About five hours and twenty minutes.

16 GB.

Does 100% of side missions for the other ending include all the Riddler stuff? Won't get it if so. And are we saying the ending doesn't change at 100%, but rather unlocks another ending? So you don't miss anything by completing the story missions before finishing all side missions?

Edit: Oh and i just saw the thread title. Awesome.

Thank you very much. 16GB for PlayGO is bigger than what i hoped. I hope it will be ready by the time it unlocks. Getting it now.

so is it confirmed that the NVidia codes dont get the harley quinn dlc yet? I have seen some people say it was a separate code or something...but then that package ID method shows them the same as a normal steam copy

Don't remember if I replied in the review topic but I think that might be the case because yeah, the DLC stuff seems to be a separate code going by posts of people who bought the game through GMG and Nuuvem. We'll find out soon enough though.

The only reason they would ban you would be for VPN into a foreign store to take advantage of other countries discounts. I've VPN'd(to play early) for the better part of 4 years now and have had 0 issues each and every time.

Well, if I ever feel like I'm being screwed over with release dates I might do VPN, but there's no point in now when it comes so soon. Thanks for advice anyway.

My goodness, the time has finally arrived. This game has been my most anticipated title since it was announced, and it's preloaded and ready to go in less than 10 minutes. What a time to be alive.

...aaaaand of course, great OT.

Wait, I just noticed, I went to the steam page for Batman, and it says unlocks in approximately 6 hours, which is midnight my local time. Around 10am earlier today, it said it wasn't unlocking for over 24 hours, but maybe they updated the time? Using a VPN might not matter anymore if it's unlocking at midnight after all.

Don't remember if I replied in the review topic but I think that might be the case because yeah, the DLC stuff seems to be a separate code going by posts of people who bought the game through GMG and Nuuvem. We'll find out soon enough though.

so, its a separate thing even if you buy it directly off steam? If you check the package ID, it shows it as the exact same thing as buying it right from the steam store.

I guess it doesnt really matter now, we will see in 7 minutes haha

Well, if I ever feel like I'm being screwed over with release dates I might do VPN, but there's no point in now when it comes so soon. Thanks for advice anyway.

Yeah, it can't hurt to wait. That said, you really have nothing to worry about. I'll be VPN'ing when I get home so I can unlock and play immediately. But again, it can't hurt to wait.

Wait, I just noticed, I went to the steam page for Batman, and it says unlocks in approximately 6 hours, which is midnight my local time. Around 10am earlier today, it said it wasn't unlocking for over 24 hours, but maybe they updated the time? Using a VPN might not matter anymore if it's unlocking at midnight after all.

Yeah, they changed the time earlier today. It should be in 5 hours and 5 minutes from now in the US. If you use VPN to go through the UK, it's in 5 minutes, in theory.

Top Bottom