• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

That's not even a gag. Just straight-up cold deception.

Apparently the game is crap, too. Crazy that it took this long to come out on Steam, though. Didn't it get released a few months ago to other download sites? Especially weird for a Steamworks game.

I thought it was released during the Winter sale.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wolfenstein is so worth that price. Great feeling weapons and solid mission design.

I'm stuck on a tablet atm so I'm too lazy to break it down further.

stuminus3

Banned
Oh no. Postal 3 is on Steam. Postal 2 just happens to be on of my all time favourite games (no word of a lie), even though I know it's terrible. I'm pretty sure I'd be making a mistake to expect another favourite game of all time. Any fans of Postal 2 tried 3 yet?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Fully upgraded kar98 straight up destroys the head on headshots. It doesn't get more sickly satisfying than that. The level variety is solid too.

Dambrosi

Banned
Wolfenstein is £2.49?! why do i even bother saving my money jeezus

*clicks on Buy This Item while silently weeping
tears of joy

Dambrosi

Banned
Oh no. Postal 3 is on Steam. Postal 2 just happens to be on of my all time favourite games (no word of a lie), even though I know it's terrible. I'm pretty sure I'd be making a mistake to expect another favourite game of all time. Any fans of Postal 2 tried 3 yet?

I do believe there's a Giant Bomb Quick Look of the game available for your perusal. Hold on while I find you a link.

EDIT: Here you go - in all its mo
u
rning glory

1-D_FTW

Trailer looks good. But I just don't like Raven and told myself Quake 4 was my last straw. Don't think I wanna give em another chance.

There's supposed to be a separate internal resolution setting, yes, based on previous posts in this thread. I have never seen that in a PC game ever otherwise.

Both Arma 2 and Serious Sam 3 have it.

Also, Wolfenstein is an awesome game. Everyone should buy it for that price.

Singularity isn't much above average, I don't think. It combines some nice elements into an interesting game, but it's not all that memorable.

Then again, I played it with the horrendous texture pop-in, which really soured my experience.

Raven makes solid games. They're not blockbusters, they're not chart toppers, they don't get huge marketing pushes but they are always worth playing. Unless you only ever play what Metacritic tells you is a 'top tier' game, you should really consider getting Wolfenstein and Singularity.

Tess3ract

Banned
You shouldn't be looking at metacritic anyways. IMHO most of the 80+ games are overhyped and a lot of the 50+ games are actually 80s.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Raven makes solid games. They're not blockbusters, they're not chart toppers, they don't get huge marketing pushes but they are always worth playing. Unless you only ever play what Metacritic tells you is a 'top tier' game, you should really consider getting Wolfenstein and Singularity.

Exactly.

1-D_FTW

Have you played Singularity?

No. I've ignored the hype for the same reason.

But I just purchased Wolfenstein. I loved the first two games (even though they had nothing to do with them), so I'll give them another chance. If they can wipe the taste of Quake 4 from my mouth, I'll consider Singularity next time it's on sale.

kennah

I think if tomorrow noon rolls around and JaseC hasn't posted that he got it... one of us should grab it just in case he misses the sale :)

I couldn't resist, because he'll be just too pumped for it to not be worth the $5.
jasefinallykxzbq.jpg

PS: how do I resize an image in a post? I tried to do it in MSPaint, but it became unreadable, even at 75%.

Edit: Thanks, Steve!

I couldn't resist, because he'll be just too pumped for it to not be worth the $5.

http://www.abload.de/img/jasefinallykxzbq.jpg[IMG]

PS: how do I resize an image in a post? I tried to do it in MSPaint, but it became unreadable, even at 75%.[/QUOTE]

Just put the image in quote tags and let the board resize it for you.

And now that JaseC got his wolfenstein wish, I want my damn sims 3.

Have you played Singularity?

I did and I think by-the-numbers mediocrity is pretty on target. Singularity was better than a "typical" Raven game but they still can't do good level design to save their lives and the time travel wasn't used nearly as interestingly as it could have been. Much like almost every Raven game I can think of since their high point of Heretic 2 (and probably that as well), it's a game with a few good high points and a lot of hum-drum by-the-numbers game design.

If you can get Singularity for under $10 I'd say it's worth the ~6 hours to play it but that's it. It's a poor man's Bioshock, except it trades better gunplay for stifling linearity.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I did and I think by-the-numbers mediocrity is pretty on target. Singularity was better than a "typical" Raven game but they still can't do good level design to save their lives and the time travel wasn't used nearly as interestingly as it could have been. Much like almost every Raven game I can think of since their high point of Heretic 2 (and probably that as well), it's a game with a few good high points and a lot of hum-drum by-the-numbers game design.

If you can get Singularity for under $10 I'd say it's worth the ~6 hours to play it but that's it. It's a poor man's Bioshock, except it trades better gunplay for stifling linearity.

I'm hard pressed to think of a cooler use of time-travel than the ship sequence in Singularity.

Gav47

I think I would have enjoyed Wolfenstein more if it didn't have the faux open world part but that would have made that game only 5 hrs long so I can see why they put it in. The weapons were limited but I never had to use anything but the MP40 or MP43 in normal combat so it didn't really matter. The powers were forgettable, they must be because I'm struggling to remember anything other than the slow time ability. Its a competent if bland experience, worth 5 bucks if you're stuck for an fps.

DagsJT

It's not Steam, but Origin are holding a "Loves Carnival" sale with a good few games for £5. Need For Speed: Shift 2 is on sale for £5 and that includes two DLC packs so it seems a pretty good deal.

Tess3ract

Banned

It's like Bioshock, hl2, and something else I can't remember all rolled up in the most mediocre fps shell I've ever played.

I wish someone would make a System Shock 3 and not have it be like the X-com -> X-COM conversion they're making :( SS2 is still one of my favorite games ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom