• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Xater

How's the PS4 version?

Works fine for me. Wait times for games are a bit long, but there is now a message in the main menu which mentions they are working on it. Once you are in a lobby there are no issues though. I enjoy the game quite a bit. Some thank, but overall way better than Dead by Daylight I think. In this game it's actually fun to not be the killer.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
i'm trying to make deals with Jason, i tell them that they don't kill me and in exchange for that i show them where the others are, lol, they keep refusing though

A guy tried that with me. He was Tommy Jarvis. I tossed his ass out the window. He wasn't even lying there was someone else hiding in the house. Got them too.

Don't make deals with Jason.

KDC720

Yeah, decided to buy the XB1 version like an hour ago. Getting the database error non stop.

They seemed to have promised a fix is coming within a few days so I'll be patient, but it still sucks I can't even play.

ElRenoRaven

How/why in the hell do you release a beta client on one of the platforms like that?

Oh wow. MS fucked up royally again. Here they weren't releasing it on time cause they were like it's up to the dev. The dev was like guys our release date and time is past you stupid fuckers.

Also looking at the pictures that is what the menu looked like in the beta. I think MS may have royally fucked up again and actually put the beta client up.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Effnine

Really love this game. Stuck at work atm, but played all morning. Best thing to do, especially on PS4, is do private lobby matches. Just add some friends, find some people in a community to fill spots, and you just play non-stop.

Guessing the host in my last game was playing as Jason, because we phoned the cops pretty early and the host quit almost immediately after

Hosts quitting and disconnections are the real killers

Xater

Oh wow. MS fucked up royally again. Here they weren't releasing it on time cause they were like it's up to the dev. The dev was like guys our release date and time is past you stupid fuckers.

Also looking at the pictures that is what the menu looked like in the beta. I think MS may have royally fucked up again and actually put the beta client up.

PS4 version was definitely also the beta build at first, but like people said we got the patch in the middle of the day yesterday.

xviper

i made a deal with jason, he agreed, i showed him where are they and he killed them, in the end we agreed that he allow me to shoot him and then he kills me, but he betrayed me and killed me immediately, guess i deserved it lol

Xater

i made a deal with jason, he agreed, i showed him where are they and he killed them, in the end we agreed that he allow me to shoot him and then he kills me, but he betrayed me and killed me immediately, guess i deserved it lol

Yes you did.

ElRenoRaven

Guessing the host in my last game was playing as Jason, because we phoned the cops pretty early and the host quit almost immediately after

Hosts quitting and disconnections are the real killers

Yup. That's the only complaint I have. Had almost the same experience earlier today. Got the cops called like 3 minutes in and bam Jason quit and game over. Luckily Jason wasn't the host client so it just ended the game giving us experience for the few minutes we played then sent us back to the lobby.

PS4 version was definitely also the beta build at first, but like people said we got the patch in the middle of the day yesterday.

Wow. That's beyond messed up. I really do feel for the console players. Hopefully they'll get this fixed soon.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'll say this; Once my bro helped fix my PC issues and I'm able to get it running at a stable 30-45 fps, it is a ton of fun. Now, I should be able to run this on much higher settings given my system so I think they should work on optimization, but a very fun game nonetheless.

Carcetti

Just had a match where everyone just left and was left alone with Jason. Found fireworks and two knives, and a house with shotgun, radio, flare gun. When I shot all of them at Jason he rage quit and I didn't get any points :s Game just went to start menu.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Just had a match where everyone just left and was left alone with Jason. Found fireworks and two knives, and a house with shotgun, radio, flare gun. When I shot all of them at Jason he rage quit and I didn't get any points :s Game just went to start menu.

That might be disconnection errors. When the host disconnects, the game just ends and the "You survived" stuff pops and it skips to Jason's shack.

norm9

So from what I gather, the game, when it works, is very fun. But that requires no cheating through mics and messages, and actually connecting to a game.

Still really tempted to pick this up as I'm a big fan of the big guy.

still debating purchasing and i have 40 bucks on psn too...still after 24 hours and you guys seem to be having a ball. alot of ps4 users? any of u down for some games tonight?

Lettuce

The levels to unlock new items of clothes is ridiculous, the first set is level 21 and then goes up to like level 91!, the first set should unlock at like level 8 or something

xviper

the match is too long, 20 is very long, especially if you get killed first

i found the easiest way to win is to crouch behind a rock for 20 min

I am like at the end of my rope with Deborah.. I seem to be spotted by Jason every single match, and when I am she's incapable of running away, jukes don't work because she gets horrified in seconds, and I can never seem to find the pieces to hit objectives. I don't know, but she's not working for me.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Got in to my first Xbox One game, killed a counselor almost immediately, and then he quit, booting everyone out.

It seems fun, just can't play enough of it to make a judgement.

the match is too long, 20 is very long, especially if you get killed first

i found the easiest way to win is to crouch behind a rock for 20 min
I don't really think that works. Your fear goes up as you stay in the open and Jason's sense ability would reveal you.

Severance

I am like at the end of my rope with Deborah.. I seem to be spotted by Jason every single match, and when I am she's incapable of running away, jukes don't work because she gets horrified in seconds, and I can never seem to find the pieces to hit objectives. I don't know, but she's not working for me.

Yeah Deborah and Eric are really tough to play. The problem is at some point you're going to be spotted in a match, no matter which character you are. Deborah and Eric can't runaway at all and you're done for. It's an imbalance of stats, because repair is incredibly situational. You may not even take advantage of it in an entire match if you don't find a battery or fuse, and then use it. They should redefine it as 'intelligence' and add more beneficial effects. Or bump up their other stats.

Top Bottom