• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Severance

Voice chat is really amazing for this type of game. There's some great comedic moments that have had me dying. I was able to barter with Jason to allow my escape. I offered my teammates location to him and he accepted. I kind of lied to him and made him morph to the part of the camp where no one was at. It made for some great post-game banter hah.

I did lose 1200 cp last night when trying to roll new perks. I had 1800 and started the roll, but the server hung up on the roll animation. I had to alt+f4 and came back to only 105cp. I did get one new perk (that wasn't any good), but lost the rest of the points. it may have happened because I clicked roll perk again when I was clicking around the screen while it was stuck spinning for the new perk.

Friend on Xbox is saying that he is having issues​ finding a match. 10 min long search times and nothing.

Anyone got a solution I can tell him?

Edit: On that note, why are all these issues happening on an individual basis. Some players are experiencing the problems, others players have been playing since launch with no problems.

Hopefully they fix these problems before the player base drops. People ain't gonna be patient for a week to play a game they paid $40 for.

xviper

anyone is able to find a match on ps4 ?? it's been 2 hours and i can't find a single match, before that i had no trouble finding a match

ElRenoRaven

God I love this damn game. Finally getting the hang of Jason. Had some great games of cat & mouse too. Had one where there were 2 of them in the house and I'd work on the door so they'd jump out windows so I'd warp and they'd jump back in the windows. Got one finally. The other then played that game for awhile after the door got broken. I eventually got them though.

It's such a tense game though. I am beyond glad that I backed this damn game. I've already gotten my money's worth.

Stiler

How are people shifting or morphing and grabbing together?

Literally had a guy do one and instantly grab me.

Whenever I do the shift movement ability (#3 on pc) I almost always end up running into things or going in front of someone, etc. Is there some way to control it better/slow it down?

just wait for the screen to go static then commence with the jukes its easy to dodge his grab
That doesn't really do anything against a Jason who's not bad cause he can stop it directly on top of you and instantly grab out of it. I grab people who are sprinting constantly, it's practically guaranteed if you're remotely good at timing the stop.

ElRenoRaven

Whenever I do the shift movement ability (#3 on pc) I almost always end up running into things or going in front of someone, etc. Is there some way to control it better/slow it down?

You can guide it but can't control it's speed. If you grab or attack it breaks out of it. I'm playing with the 360 controller so I shift and guide it close and hit the left trigger which is grab right next to the person. Sometimes I miss and sometimes I nail it and grab them.

The key is when you spot someone and want to grab them you hit 2 for sense so they show up bright red. Then hit 3 for shift and run up right on their ass and when you feel the camera stop/bump into them press mouse 2/right click for the grab. It's gotta be immediately and if done right you'll grab em. If you feel like being nice, instead of a grab you can just melee them as well with this method.

Trying to Shift+Grab someone while not using Sense is not recommended since sometimes you are moving so fast that you'll lose track of them. Not when they are bright red though.

ElRenoRaven

The key is when you spot someone and want to grab them you hit 2 for sense so they show up bright red. Then hit 3 for shift and run up right on their ass and when you feel the camera stop/bump into them press mouse 2/right click for the grab. It's gotta be immediately and if done right you'll grab em. If you feel like being nice, instead of a grab you can just melee them as well with this method.

Trying to Shift+Grab someone while not using Sense is not recommended since sometimes you are moving so fast that you'll lose track of them. Not when they are bright red though.

Yup that's another good tip. Using sense before shifting makes it so much easier to keep track of them without a doubt. If you don't it is easy to lose them as fast as you move.

Drewfonse

God I love this damn game. Finally getting the hang of Jason. Had some great games of cat & mouse too. Had one where there were 2 of them in the house and I'd work on the door so they'd jump out windows so I'd warp and they'd jump back in the windows. Got one finally. The other then played that game for awhile after the door got broken. I eventually got them though.

It's such a tense game though. I am beyond glad that I backed this damn game. I've already gotten my money's worth.

You're making it hard to not buy this game.

theyturkerjurbs

Neo Member

The more the merrier!!!

I desperately don't want the community to die off before it hits it's stride; sure its buggy as hell right now but the core idea is so strong that it'd be difficult not to come away from a session without a story to tell.

Assuming you can get into a game that is 😑

Lettuce

This is shocking, still cant get a game on the Xbox One....im all for giving the developers a chance on day of release but this is almost coming up to 2 days now

Hey, folks.

I'm with company and I'd like to sell this game to some people. Is there an option to host private games? And can you party up and then join with randoms? I have read that party chat isn't recommended and I think it'd be fun playing without, but I'm just wondering about playing with friends and such. Thanks.

Friend on Xbox is saying that he is having issues​ finding a match. 10 min long search times and nothing.

Anyone got a solution I can tell him?

I spent 3 hours trying to get a match through Quick Play with no success. The LFG option on the dashboard may help find a private match but I didn't bother. Troubleshooted with MS helped nothing. Finally said fuck it and requested a refund with Xbox Support. Bought on PS4, as I've seen less problems with that version and the community seems to be bigger.

I spent 3 hours trying to get a match through Quick Play with no success. The LFG option on the dashboard may help find a private match but I didn't bother. Troubleshooted with MS helped nothing. Finally said fuck it and requested a refund with Xbox Support. Bought on PS4, as I've seen less problems with that version and the community seems to be bigger.

My queue times on PS4 are no longer than 4 minutes regardless of time of day.

PrinceKee

I should have waited to buy this on Xbox. I'm getting nothing but database failure errors and have yet to play a game. Probably should just get a refund and wait a month or two. Really disappointed and was excited to play....

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Can anyone tell me how to select your default character? I can't choose which Jason or teen I want. On the pre-game screen, everyone else has portraits, but I have gray silhouettes with question marks.

ElRenoRaven

Hey I'm just giving my experiences lol. PC version is running like a charm. If it helps in another game a group of 4 were about to get away in the car and I damaged the front of it stopping them. One got out and flare gunned my face stunning me. The driver couldn't seem to get it started in time and I got up. I then killed him as all 4 were splitting up. Got another and then the other two got back to the car in time and got it started. I almost caught up to them by warping etc but alas those 2 got away. I was happy though I got all but those 2 in that one.

Also sorry to hear the console players are having such problems. They did say they're working on it. You can apparently sign into a guest and play. Course unlocks etc aren't saved since it's a guest but you can at least play that way.

I've been unsuccessful in getting into a match on XB1 as well. My NAT settings are open as well. Is this a problem with the amount of console players or something on Gunmedia's end?

cr0w

Old Member
So I'm about 6-7 matches in, finally getting the hang of it. As a massive fan of the franchise, the game feels a lot like the movies...low budget, rough around the edges but it has a lot of charm and the devs are obviously huge fans of the material. Lots of attention to detail went into designing the maps and Jason and his abilities. I find I'm enjoying it more with each match. Lots of funny shit happens over the course of a match, too. I didn't back it because I'm skeptical about Kickstarter from past experience, but damn I'm glad I bought it.

I've been unsuccessful in getting into a match on XB1 as well. My NAT settings are open as well. Is this a problem with the amount of console players or something on Gunmedia's end?
GUN's end. Matchmaking is broken on Xbox at the moment.

Use the "Looking For Group" feature in the Game Hub to get private matches going. You'll still earn XP and rank up too.

HiiiLife

Is the flashlight supposed to keep your fear levels low? Because I feel I don't need it even when the power is cut. And my brightness is adjusted.

Hey, folks.

I'm with company and I'd like to sell this game to some people. Is there an option to host private games? And can you party up and then join with randoms? I have read that party chat isn't recommended and I think it'd be fun playing without, but I'm just wondering about playing with friends and such. Thanks.

You can do private matches. You can be in a party and join with randoms.

It's proximity chat in-game.

xviper

i'm trying to make deals with Jason, i tell them that they don't kill me and in exchange for that i show them where the others are, lol, they keep refusing though

Thanks for the response, so basically with the holiday weekend, we shouldn't expect any patches anytime soon?
Quite the contrary, actually. Everyone at the studio is working overtime and has been since launch (one of the employees remarked having only slept last night for the first time since launch), plus a meaty 2GB patch went live for the Steam version just an hour ago.

The PS4 has received two patches, the PC has received 3 or 4 patches and the Xbox One version has received two hotfixes and is due two substantial patches that should be coming this weekend.

ElRenoRaven

Quite the contrary, actually. Everyone at the studio is working overtime and has been since launch (one of the employees remarked having only slept last night for the first time since launch), plus a meaty 2GB patch went live for the Steam version just an hour ago.

The PS4 has received two patches, the PC has received 3/4 and the Xbox One version has received two hotfixes and is due two substantial patches that should be coming this weekend.

Yup. They're a small team but they're determined to fix the problems. So have faith console fans.

Top Bottom