• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem draws the red line in Hip-Hop Awards cypher

j8mic12j_1eqhkyx_yla63p.png

Not real

Which is fucking hilarious considering his history and that shit was all a gimmick.

Well, to be honest, it's a gimmick for a lot of those kids, too.

A lot of very, very wealthy kids trying to live a redneck style. Mudding in their lifted-up Ford pick-up in the afternoon, then back to the mansion for dinner.

Well, after hearing Depeche Mode recent album. I can say that albums "Resisting" can be a good and a bad thing. I really like the album, however it is not quite as good as their other albums because politics can be a boring topic for music imo.

It is very important though to have political music though. In times of chaotic leadership, we need an outlet to deal with our frustrations. We have a psycho as president. I don't mind if Eminem discusses that on his new album. I don't think the beats will be as catchy if they are about Trump. But I will still appreciate Eminem poetically expressing his opinion as he does in this video.

The world is changing fast. Music should probably discuss it. Might not be as catchy as music from like 2011 or whatever. Sometimes there are more important things than catchyness.
Errr... What? Eminem's not new to making music about politics.

https://vimeo.com/27790825

HiiiLife

Rapping about Trump to nobody’s surprise. Enjoyed that much more than No Favors and his last freestyle. Where’s the unedited version

I thought it was a little Corny when it started (as gaf is always telling me) but damn mid way through....holy shit broo

I love how he ended the verse. I can't wait for the diss tracks.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
How in the fuck did people think Em was gonna be pro-Trump / Alt-Right? Do these motherfucks actually listen to his music and past interviews?

Did they just look at him go "well, he's white, and I'm white... so of course he thinks like me." what in the actual fuck

They probably just gravitate to him for his often baseless anger, use of homophobic slurs, and overly misogynistic lyrics where he fantasizes about sexual assault and violence against women. Remember, these are people who love to hide behind free speech while they say the most hateful things about others, like it gives them some kind of exemption from criticism and blow back. Always hilarious how they buckle so fast when someone spews the same anger towards them that they do to everyone else. Props to Eminem for doing this. Dude just gave the hardest middle finger to a sizeable portion of his own fan base for supporting the bigot in chief. This is probably the only thing he's done recently that's impressed me.

Em goes HAM on Trump and those on the internet that usually hate on Em, show love for the anti-right message. Then there are those on social media that claim they are now anti Eminem. Both stances seem disingenuous imo. But what do we expect in 2017?

Eminem has “fallen off” in recent years, which pisses me off because his schemes and delivery have been underrated for many years now. All it takes is anti Trump speech for some to respect him, while others are now hating for rediculous reasons. If this is what it takes for the man to get the exposure he deserves, then whatever. But he’s been rapping and writing circles around mainstream hip hop for too long. Now he’s better at current events shit than the rappers that are poppin’. Thanks Trump???

Cole, Kendrick, Jay or somebody should have come this hard at Trump by now. Why is Eminem the one fighting against the racial injustices in the U.S. among hip hop artists? Migos, Yatchy, Uzi??? Anyone???

Not

Banned
Cole, Kendrick, Jay or somebody should have come this hard at Trump by now. Why is Eminem the one fighting against the racial injustices in the U.S. among hip hop artists? Migos, Yatchy, Uzi??? Anyone???

TBH they never stopped. It's business as usual.

Emarv

Kendrick put this out early in the year.

Donald Trump is a chump
Know how we feel, punk? Tell 'em that God comin'
And Russia need a replay button, y'all up to somethin'
Electorial votes look like memorial votes
But America's truth ain't ignorin' the votes

Kendrick put this out early in the year.

Donald Trump is a chump
Know how we feel, punk? Tell 'em that God comin'
And Russia need a replay button, y'all up to somethin'
Electorial votes look like memorial votes
But America's truth ain't ignorin' the votes
Em has given us 15 minutes of bars damn near between this cypher and campaign speech, while Kendrick has given us 5 bars. Kendrick is great at what he does, and I’m thankful for it. I just feel like eminem, a rapper that is under appreciated by the community, is doing more for the cause than 99.99% of the rap community.

If anything, I hope this gives other mc’s the courage to speak their minds as well. We need all the help we can get.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Because as we all know music and politics are ALWAYS separated. What's up with this "hope politics don't get involved with ____ that I like" trend?

Some people feel the need to hide away from reality as much as possible. It's easier that way. (Until reality directly impacts them.)

Not

Banned
Em has given us 15 minutes of bars damn near between this cypher and campaign speech, while Kendrick has given us 5 bars. Kendrick is great at what he does, and I'm thankful for it. I just feel like eminem, a rapper that is under appreciated by the community, is doing more for the cause than 99.99% of the rap community.

You are naive.

But that I agree we need help from everywhere.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Em goes HAM on Trump and those on the internet that usually hate on Em, show love for the anti-right message. Then there are those on social media that claim they are now anti Eminem. Both stances seem disingenuous imo. But what do we expect in 2017?

Eminem has ”fallen off" in recent years, which pisses me off because his schemes and delivery have been underrated for many years now. All it takes is anti Trump speech for some to respect him, while others are now hating for rediculous reasons. If this is what it takes for the man to get the exposure he deserves, then whatever. But he's been rapping and writing circles around mainstream hip hop for too long. Now he's better at current events shit than the rappers that are poppin'. Thanks Trump???

Eminem? Exposure?? The dude has sold 170 million albums worldwide and is one of the most successful musicians to walk the Earth. I think he may have sold more hip hops albums than anyone else. Very few artists really outlive their era, the fact that people are still even paying attention to him at all is actually incredible, and a testament to his talent.

Also many people are capable of separating the artist from their work. It's not inconsistent at all to dismiss Eminem's older work for your own reasons, be it the content of his lyrics, or personal tastes - while accepting a message that you yourself said, isn't being addressed enough. After all... if anyone is going to deliver this message, and if anyone is going to pay attention, Eminem is one of the best to do it. Not just because people still actually pay attention to him, but because he's one of the very few who are willing to throw his own fans under the bus if they disagree with him. That's still admirable - at least when it comes to standing for something you believe is right.

Em has given us 15 minutes of bars damn near between this cypher and campaign speech, while Kendrick has given us 5 bars. Kendrick is great at what he does, and I’m thankful for it. I just feel like eminem, a rapper that is under appreciated by the community, is doing more for the cause than 99.99% of the rap community.

If anything, I hope this gives other mc’s the courage to speak their minds as well. We need all the help we can get.

Wait, I'm supposed to be upset that a White person has to do more to be considered equal?

You got jokes, I see...

Top Bottom