• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem draws the red line in Hip-Hop Awards cypher

Nesotenso

I was sad because of the US not making the world cup. But at least this cheered me up. I hope every NFL player kneels this Sunday.

Man, I've watched this 4, 5 times, and I just keep picking out more and more. Yeah, the flow might be a bit choppy here and there but it's his layered rhyming scheme throughout, and there's just so many little things you pick out on the second or third listen through you didn't catch the first time around.

BTW, in case you're wondering where they filmed this: First Street Parking Garage, near Cobo - https://goo.gl/maps/2GgkTwiQ4JH2

VeeP

Props to Eminem. I love this.

Maybe not the place to put it, but I'm disappointed in Kanye. Dude went for a PR grab early on, and even tho Trump's done so much shit, especially to Minorities & Blacks, dude hasn't said anything.

Dice//

Banned
I appreciate you @Eminem ✊🏾

— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) Oct 10, 2017

LeBron James‏ @KingJames

Racism is the only thing he's Fantastic 4(fantastic for), cause that's how he gets his rock off, he's orange. Sheesh @Eminem!! 🔥🔥✊🏾🔥🔥#United

HiiiLife

Was looking at the replies and I see Trump supporters are already bringing up that old song about black girls. They go from defending him to using it as ammo against him, haha.

Trump fans of all people got some nerve to use a racially fueled song for ammo. Racists who support a racist using a song about black girls to show they’re NOT racist.

The Kree

Banned

Maybe not the place to put it, but I'm disappointed in Kanye. Dude went for a PR grab early on, and even tho Trump's done so much shit, especially to Minorities & Blacks, dude hasn't said anything.

Kanye is firmly on some "Fuck the culture, just get paid" shit. He's lost.

Kanye shouldn't say anything, he's lost all weight in this conversation, and isn't/wasn't in his right mind at the time.
We'll always have "George Bush doesn't care about black people", which is transcendent, be grateful.

j8mic12j_1eqhkyx_yla63p.png

Not real

T5ee9Aw.jpg

He legit got madder as he went on and his flow went on fire. These lyrics are fucking amazing too. Glad he called his Trump supporting fans. At this point if you're still a Trump stan, you're a complicit asshole, you're legit supporting his policies.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
LeBron James‏ @KingJames

Racism is the only thing he's Fantastic 4(fantastic for), cause that's how he gets his rock off, he's orange. Sheesh @Eminem!! ����✊������#United

I like how he still never gives up an opportunity to find a way to rhyme with orange.

dlauv

This is cool. I liked the parts most where he wasn't talking about hating Trump, or that Trump is orange, or spilling coffee on Trump. It just always seems to have the opposite effect on his fanbase when doing that, but it's good that he's denouncing their shared fanbase. They'll be angry about that.

Eminem has alt-cuck fans? Whaaat? Lol. Confused little manchildren.

He's a highly revered white rapper.

It's not too surprising to me that the only prominent white people that have come out strongly against Trump are those who are involved in industries that are majority blackline the NBA and hip hop.

Wish more people would do it but a lot of white people prefer to sit in the fence for as long as possible. It's a shame.

Eminem has alt-cuck fans? Whaaat? Lol. Confused little manchildren.

Gotta remember a lot of them take no issue appropriating from other's cultures.

That and the subjects and anger Em rapped with in the early 2000s definitely would've resonated with the proto-alt right. Don't forget, it's only in more recent years that he's really mellowed out and owned up to the type of sexist and homophobic shit he used to rap abou.

It's not too surprising to me that the only prominent white people that have come out strongly against Trump are those who are involved in industries that are majority blackline the NBA and hip hop.

Wish more people would do it but a lot of white people prefer to sit in the fence for as long as possible. It's a shame.
There are a lot of prominent white people that have come out against Trump. What about Bloomberg?

This is not remotely true.

uhhhh

wut

The Ummah

Banned
Em has given us 15 minutes of bars damn near between this cypher and campaign speech, while Kendrick has given us 5 bars. Kendrick is great at what he does, and I’m thankful for it. I just feel like eminem, a rapper that is under appreciated by the community, is doing more for the cause than 99.99% of the rap community.

If anything, I hope this gives other mc’s the courage to speak their minds as well. We need all the help we can get.

Have you listened to Damn? The song XXX? He's said a lot more than that about Trump and the current climate.

Did you check the free Public Enemy album that came out? There are plenty of artists talking and speaking their minds currently.

Anyway, Em didn't tell one lie. Fuck Donald.

Nitsuj23

Man, I've watched this 4, 5 times, and I just keep picking out more and more. Yeah, the flow might be a bit choppy here and there but it's his layered rhyming scheme throughout, and there's just so many little things you pick out on the second or third listen through you didn't catch the first time around.

BTW, in case you're wondering where they filmed this: First Street Parking Garage, near Cobo - https://goo.gl/maps/2GgkTwiQ4JH2

Damn that’s the street my apartment is on, only 0.4 miles away. I was even walking right by Cobo last Friday because of The Big House Super Smash tournament. I didn’t have a pass so couldn’t get in. Wish I would’ve thought to wander around the parking garage. I could’ve stood still and fit in with the rest of the ensemble.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Great example of white people not actually paying attention until a fellow white person does/says something. Systematic racism at its worst.
It really is sad. I see this type of shit all the damn time too.

As much as it pains me to admit and say it, progress in America is not going to happen without white allies. Far too many white people only listen to other white people...

Yeah, I'd like to see more artists do this.
that’s what took it to another level for me.

like yeah most artists are liberal and hate trump, but they want the cash from trump voters too. calling them out is good, especially when you know a part of your fan base supports him

ghostjoke

Banned
You're telling someone in a predominately black genre of music with various collaborations under his belt, who owes his breakthrough in a large part to a founding member of N.W.A., who wrote a song to encourage voting Bush out of office, might take exception to Trump? I know some people will follow Trump off the cliff, but I can't believe anyone thought Eminem would be anything but anti-Trump.

Oh man I was coming in hot to shit on another corny Eminem verse but that was great. All the right messages in that cypher. And he tops it off with telling any of his fans that like Trump to piss off too

🔥🔥🔥

That might be the only thing Eminem has done since marshall mathers lp that I liked. More people speaking up against that fucking clown in the white house the better.

Eminem calling out his fans is par for the course so I found it hilarious that some trump supporters that are fans of his are feeling upset or offended by this. Like what the fuck do they expect have they actually listened to any of Eminem's lyrics he doesn't care if he offends you.

Top Bottom