• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
7VL5FpF.png

Hello,

I’ve been tasked to send invites to members on SteamGAF, to allow people to migrate if things get worse or shit hits the fan, the majority of SteamGAF is on Discord, you can use this link to visit it. Currently the goal is join with ResetERA and create a new Steam community there, I hope you understand why many of us have gone down this route. I’ve been tasked to send out this invite to help any other members who have not heard about this and to act as a representative of who can be trusted.

QUOTE TO SEE LINK

You do not need to need to use your GAF alias if you feel unsafe.

Apologies if you are already on there.

It's been an honor serving SteamGAF over the past couple of years and I hope to see you on the other side.

Regards,

MRORANGE - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001310229
For the new page. Check the above post for sweet anime jiffs.

Vuze

So sad to see GAF in this sorry state, it became part of my daily routine and my news source for anything gaming/tech/curious over the past years. With my fav mods, tons of users and the off topic side gone it won't ever be the same again so this should probably be my last post.

Joined the SteamGAF discord and we'll see how it goes from there.

E: Oh, if you wanna add me on Steam for trading or whatever, quote for the link.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Probably my last post on GAF since I've just joined the SteamGAF Discord.

SteamGAF was my favorite community by far even though I've mostly been lurking. See ya all someplace else I guess. Will send out some random Steam invites (link to my Steam is in my profile).

Been through phases of active posting and mainly lurking in SteamGAF but this has always been thread I've followed since I joined the community here. It's a real sad state of affairs but as a lot of you this will be my last post on GAF. May your Steam sales be plenty!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fenix1989uk/

If anyone would like more Steam friends then feel free to add me. GGPO.

haendeul

I haven't posted much in either SteamGAF or GAF on its whole, but I have been lurking for several years both before and after I got my membership. I joined the discord so I can keep up with where people are heading. Right now I'm struggling to understand how Discord works since I've ever only used it for voice chat.

dude

dude
Didn't post in this thread much, but I'll miss seeing a lot of you guys in other threads. If there's a steamgaf discord and you'd take me I'd love an invite...

gngf123

Didn't post in this thread much, but I'll miss seeing a lot of you guys in other threads. If there's a steamgaf discord and you'd take me I'd love an invite...

You can quote for steam profile

It's in MrOrange's post on the last page. Just quote it to see the link.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I regret almost never posting here, this was my second favorite community on Gaf even tho I mostly just lurked around.

Hope to see ya on another si(t)de

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So sad to see GAF end up like this. SteamGAF was my favorite community and even though I wasn't active lately, I met a lot of amazing people here and had a lot of fun. See you on Discord I guess, and in case you don't have me as a friend on steam, quote for my profile

thekeats

Neo Member
Well i think it's time for me to walk away.

SteamGAF was probably my favourite part of this site.

But after 35 years of playing games this last year has been a bit of a downer. AAA games have left me cold. My favourite games have been the likes of Stories Untold, steamworld Dig 2 and Dead Cells.

The industry itself has soured me on it. Shitty DLC practices, monetisation whenever possible and it just wears me out.

The personalities around gaming aren't helping either.

So i am walking away for a while. Play some of the indie games. Try some text parser games. Try to get a bit further in spacechem.

Maybe even catch up on some anime ;)

See you around.

Nah guys, until that new forum will go up, i'll stay here, hate Discord (fuck chats, regardless of my english skills) and don't like opencritic forums design at all. I also going to complete 52 games per year challenge, even though it's pointless now but i still want to finish it before leaving, only 3 games left so that's should be quick. And if anyone still want to add me, link in quote.

gelf

As a long time lurker and very occasional poster this thread was great for keeping up with interesting games turning up on Steam. Discovered games I wouldn't have otherwise. Thanks to all who contributed to that.

Not sure where I'll go for that now, I checked out discord but live chats aren't for me. I like that opencritic is a regular forum but I really don't care to be part of these arbitrary score aggregating sites, and fuck going anywhere near Reddit. Guess I'll just go play some games and be more in the dark about developments until I find a new home.

Hey everyone,

thanks for everyone who participated in SteamGAF discussions, gave games away with ModBot and played games online with me.

Bye.

derExperte

I'll miss Saoirse.

There, I said it.

Not that vile anime filth tho.

Too bad Discord isn't my thing at all and I'm not putting any faith into a certain planned new forum considering the people involved are the main reason I stopped posting on GAF in general, gotta assume it'll become just as unbearable real fast. Oh well, whatcanyoudo, wherever SteamGAF ends up I'll at least lurk a bit.

Anteater

I'll miss Saoirse.

There, I said it.

Not that vile anime filth tho.

Too bad Discord isn't my thing at all and I'm not putting any faith into a certain planned new forum considering the people involved are the main reason I stopped posting on GAF in general, gotta assume it'll become just as unbearable real fast. Oh well, whatcanyoudo, wherever SteamGAF ends up I'll at least lurk a bit.

the people involved probably aren't going be the mods and the owner isnt't even the same so i'd give them a chance

Aaron D.

It's been interesting reflecting over the weekend on how fragile some institutions are and how quickly they can be nuked into orbit. Like in the flash of an eye.

Shame that 'Gaf was scuttled so quickly & unceremoniously.

I always viewed it as a Community with a capitol C, its true value being those who participated, not a single individual who founded the site.

Perhaps new and exciting forums can rise from the ashes but I gotta be honest that I'm sad that 'Gaf is being abandoned so easily. I always respected the zero hate-speech policy and when I look at the vile quality of discourse allowed at peer sites like Reddit, it makes me sad that some of the best people here are jumping ship.

Oddly, 'Gaf has always felt like a social safe space of sorts. Maybe it's naive or whatever, but it seemed like people here (site-wide) always stood up for demographics that might have seen abuse in other online communities.

Anyway, adios Steam 'Gaf. Always enjoyed this little community the best.

oipic

It's been interesting reflecting over the weekend on how fragile some institutions are and how quickly they can be nuked into orbit. Like in the flash of an eye.

Shame that 'Gaf was scuttled so quickly & unceremoniously.

I always viewed it as a Community with a capitol C, its true value being those who participated, not a single individual who founded the site.

Perhaps new and exciting forums can rise from the ashes but I gotta be honest that I'm sad that 'Gaf is being abandoned so easily. I always respected the zero hate-speech policy and when I look at the vile quality of discourse allowed at peer sites like Reddit, it makes me sad that some of the best people here are jumping ship.

Oddly, 'Gaf has always felt like a social safe space of sorts. Maybe it's naive or whatever, but it seemed like people here (site-wide) always stood up for demographics that might have seen abuse in other online communities.

Anyway, adios Steam 'Gaf. Always enjoyed this little community the best.

Great post, Aaron. Had been mulling for several hours as to how to express how I'm feeling at the moment, after a couple of days that have really rather upset and shaken me, but I couldn't have put it any better than this.

I hope our paths continue to cross. :)

Top Bottom