• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Vipu

Banned
Sounds more like the enemy had the no buildings bug which is why he could see him all the time.

What do you mean he could see him all the time? In what part of the vid does it seem like he saw him all the time?
He just shot him, got the kill before he ran behind cover, in OP:s view it was different and it seems like he got behind cover but in "reality" he didnt BECAUSE of server issues/bad tickrate.

If these things are counted as cheats then no wonder people think there is tons of cheaters lol...
But I guess basic multiplayer knowledge is not known around 2017.

Wardancer

Neo Member
Has anyone actually been killed by the red zone ever? I've played for over 60 hours now and I no longer bother taking cover.

My squadmate who has a ton more time than me under his belt says I'm just ridiculously lucky, but as far as I cant tell I don't think I could get hit even if I tried.

I have been downed 2-3 times by the redzone and just straight up killed 3 times. All 3 of those deaths have been when driving a vehicle through the zone, and usually involving the entire squad getting instantly obliterated, usually right after getting all the good loot.

The weirdest one was me driving a buggy with a teammate on the back, full speed over farmland through a redzone and a bomb apparently hit me in the driver seat and knocked me out while my teammate on the back took 0 damage (protected by the seat?) so he could switch seats and drive back and revive me.

But this is with like... 400 hours played so it "never happens" except when it does :p

What do you mean he could see him all the time? In what part of the vid does it seem like he saw him all the time?
He just shot him, got the kill before he ran behind cover, in OP:s view it was different and it seems like he got behind cover but in "reality" he didnt BECAUSE of server issues/bad tickrate.

If these things are counted as cheats then no wonder people think there is tons of cheaters lol...
But I guess basic multiplayer knowledge is not known around 2017.

Did you watch it with sound? Because the point of the video is him talking to the "cheater" and the cheater saying what he is doing all the time. The way he died is 100% fine yeah, thats just tickrate and lag.

Vipu

Banned
Red zones are not worth dodging unless you are outside and you dont have to inside then you should stay out.
Its so small chance to get hit by it that its better just keep doing what you are doing and eat that explosion 1% of time.

Vipu

Banned
Did you watch it with sound? Because the point of the video is him talking to the "cheater" and the cheater saying what he is doing all the time. The way he died is 100% fine yeah, thats just tickrate and lag.

Ohhhh, actually I didnt, just watched vid.
Then yeah cheater or guy with that invisible houses bug just making fun with people.

Parsnip

I don't know, the other guy literally says he's cheating, why not take his word for it instead of jumping on the poster for apparently being a sore loser?

I don't think the other guy had the building glitch either, I find it's practically impossible to actually play the game when that happens on any of the building heavy areas.

juicyb

I've been hit by the red zone a few times. I rarely play solo anymore so when I do get hit, I just get picked right back up.

Have been insta gibbed by it in solo once before tho. Felt bad.

aasoncott

I'm discovering that I enjoy the game 10x in a squad than solo, but I only have one group I play with and they play like once every two weeks. What is the experience like with random squads? Is it worth my time? Is it expected that I'll have a mic?

Erheller

I'm discovering that I enjoy the game 10x in a squad than solo, but I only have one group I play with and they play like once every two weeks. What is the experience like with random squads? Is it worth my time? Is it expected that I'll have a mic?

Join the PUBG gaf discord. If you quote the op it should be there

I had the weird "the enemy is somehow shooting me no matter which side of the tree I'm on" thing happen again. It was definitely 100% the same guy with the same gun, I hear shots east, I move to the opposite side of the tree, I get bodyshot in the chest while the shots are clearly coming from the other side of the tree while nothing of me is poking out, and no matter which side I'm on he keeps hitting me or hitting near me, when based on the distance of the shots there's literally no way to move fast enough to flank between each shot.

I was really bummed out because I was in the top 10 with great gear, 4 kills, and a decent spot.

Blizzard

Banned
I had the weird "the enemy is somehow shooting me no matter which side of the tree I'm on" thing happen again. It was definitely 100% the same guy with the same gun, I hear shots east, I move to the opposite side of the tree, I get bodyshot in the chest while the shots are clearly coming from the other side of the tree while nothing of me is poking out, and no matter which side I'm on he keeps hitting me or hitting near me, when based on the distance of the shots there's literally no way to move fast enough to flank between each shot.

I was really bummed out because I was in the top 10 with great gear, 4 kills, and a decent spot.
Some trees are thin enough that your manly barrel chest and big manly arms are still slightly exposed on either side.

Is it bad that I bought some loot crates for this?

They got you.

Making just about any piece of clothing that isn't a T-shirt or a pair of work boots rare as fuck is their way of encouraging people to put that shit on the market. I just let myself get what I get and try not to give a fuck because I know I'll just replace everything with the first trench coat I see in-game.

Venfayth

I spent like $20 on crates back during Gamescom. No guilt!

Was playing some more with friends and we got 3p trapped hard, but it was honestly hilarious. Four yellow-suit-wearing-men just emerging from behind trees to annihilate us.

https://streamable.com/qteg6

Sometimes when I am shooting someone behind a tree I will shoot them once and then if they move and I can still see them, I wait a few seconds to make them think they are safe, and then I just headshot them for the kill.

nikos

Took 30 hours but I finally got that chicken tonight. It was with two friends and a random. I went down during the last seconds, and it didn't really feel like a win, but it's a start.

Most of my games end in top 10, so it was nice to finally get that win.

Lucifon

Do we have any idea when the next major update will be? Feels like updates have slowed down a fair bit, the last one wasn't as substantial as usual and took longer than previously. I know they've said they're taking more time with them but as a big fan it feels like the momentum is slowing.

Venfayth

Do we have any idea when the next major update will be? Feels like updates have slowed down a fair bit, the last one wasn't as substantial as usual and took longer than previously. I know they've said they're taking more time with them but as a big fan it feels like the momentum is slowing.

The last big monthly patch that brought the fog weather type also contained a map revamp in the northeast to add Kameshki and more buildings to Stalber and that entire region. It also added the Mini14 to the world and took the Tommy Gun out of crates and placed that into the world as well.

I literally don't know what you mean when you say it wasn't as substantial as the patches that came before it.

They stopped committing to weekly patches, which were usually bug fixes, but the monthly patch came out relatively on schedule.

EA Release: 3/23/17
Month 1 Patch: 4/13/17 (21 days since last major patch)
Month 2 Patch: 5/25/17 (42 days since last major patch)
Month 3 Patch: 6/29/17 (35 days since last major patch)
Month 4 Patch: 8/3/17 (35 days since last major patch)
Month 5 Patch: 9/13/17 (41 days since last major patch)

Month 5 is the one we're talking about. I think it's easily been the biggest content update to the game and it was consistent with how long it took them to get other monthly patches out.

TimFL

Red zones are not worth dodging unless you are outside and you dont have to inside then you should stay out.
Its so small chance to get hit by it that its better just keep doing what you are doing and eat that explosion 1% of time.
Pretty sure they buffed them in the last patch. Before patch 5 we‘ve been running through red zones left and right but now we get hit dozens of times. Can anyone confirm?

Also, when is that desert map scheduled to hit? I‘m not that up-to-date on PUBG news.

Vipu

Banned
Pretty sure they buffed them in the last patch. Before patch 5 we‘ve been running through red zones left and right but now we get hit dozens of times. Can anyone confirm?

Also, when is that desert map scheduled to hit? I‘m not that up-to-date on PUBG news.

I havent heard anything about red zone buff.
I dont even remember when I got hit by red zone last time, must be months now.

HowZatOZ

Banned
The last big monthly patch that brought the fog weather type also contained a map revamp in the northeast to add Kameshki and more buildings to Stalber and that entire region. It also added the Mini14 to the world and took the Tommy Gun out of crates and placed that into the world as well.

I literally don't know what you mean when you say it wasn't as substantial as the patches that came before it.

They committing to weekly patches, which were usually bug fixes, but the monthly patch came out relatively on schedule.

EA Release: 3/23/17
Month 1 Patch: 4/13/17 (21 days since last major patch)
Month 2 Patch: 5/25/17 (42 days since last major patch)
Month 3 Patch: 6/29/17 (35 days since last major patch)
Month 4 Patch: 8/3/17 (35 days since last major patch)
Month 5 Patch: 9/13/17 (41 days since last major patch)

Month 5 is the one we're talking about. I think it's easily been the biggest content update to the game and it was consistent with how long it took them to get other monthly patches out.
It's hard not to feel like content has slowed down with Fortnite doing its thing.

Xyber

I hope the never-ending curse of bad performance in early access games can be broken with this game. But seeing how they want to "launch" the game this year, I don't expect much at all when it comes to performance fixes..

It's really the only thing bringing down my enjoyment with this game. Dropping down to 45-60 from 90+ fps just because you turned 90 degrees is so jarring. No matter how nice g-sync is, that still feels bad.

100fps also doesn't feel nearly as smooth as say BF1 or something.

Javier23

Banned
You guys are all incredibly lucky. The red zone basically has gotten me every single time in over 50 hours that it caught me trying to escape it with no cover around.

Venfayth

You guys are all incredibly lucky. The red zone basically has gotten me every single time in over 50 hours that it caught me trying to escape it with no cover around.

Every time? Really?

I have ~450 hours in the game now and it has killed me maybe 4-5 times, and I rarely even try to leave it.

Game runs pretty well for me, except in the big towns with lots of buildings it can get bogged down.

I'm so tempted to upgrade my CPU/MB/RAM just for this game, but I always have one eye on 'performance improvements' coming out soon to save me the hassle.

JCH!

I died to the RedZone for the first time ever yesterday (after 150h) and that was only because the game decided to put me in the middle of three consecutive RedZones.

Somnia

Doing what thing? Fortnite BR had like one single big update and the rest is all mere balance patches and bug fixes.

Yep agreed and we know PUBG is getting a big update in November for vaulting (I believe that's what they said their target is for it) and it'll have more than just that.

JDB

Banned
It's hard not to feel like content has slowed down with Fortnite doing its thing.

CyjsDns.png

I'm really looking forward to the vaulting update. I've put the game on hold until then just to give myself a break. I don't want to get burnt out on it.

Doing what thing? Fortnite BR had like one single big update and the rest is all mere balance patches and bug fixes.

Yesterday they added stats, new buildings around the map, changed some UI stuff, altered the bus speed and dive speed which greatly affects how spread out players are on the map, and some other things.

They're pushing out changes pretty quick. Not all of them are content updates, but they are quick to respond to nasty bugs and balance stuff.

J-Rod

I play with randoms all the time because I have no friends, and it is a mixed experience like with anything, but overall people have been relatively nice/cool. I occasionally get the "China numba one" spammer or someone blasting their music into the mic, but usually not. I would say you're expected to have a mic as almost every game people are using it, but no one seems to care if a member doesn't.

Seems he was shooting way behind you for some reason. Having a good performing system helps in this game.

Also, I'm finding Duo games seem easier than Solo games. Not sure if the players are better, or I'm just being matched against better players in Solo.

Of course they are easier, you can be revived

Top Bottom