• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 11-17 | C&D is Magic Edition

That frees me up for Sega Cup if true.

Did you mean you're going to attend Sega Cup since you don't need to spend much to go the TFC? Either way this is great news for us in NC. We're going to have maybe the largest tournament outside of EVO in our own backyard.

alstein

Did you mean you're going to attend Sega Cup since you don't need to spend much to go the TFC? Either way this is great news for us in NC. We're going to have maybe the largest tournament outside of EVO in our own backyard.

It's more of a time off from work issue than a money issue, I get 3 weekends off a year, that's it. VF is my game, so Sega Cup makes more sense than EVO, but for non-VF, I'd rather spend $100 in gas to drive to TFC each day over $1,000 to go to EVO. If I can't do Sega Cup due to work, it happens (quite possible given some contracting chaos)

Malice215

Getting closer.

480172_10151259697645778_1170290699_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151259697645778&set=a.212159880777.142249.678735777&type=1

Some info about Final Round XVI and more tid bits about "The Fall Classic"(aka TFC)

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/7982470/#Comment_7982470

I figured they're still not ready to announce certain things or haven't decided on it yet so I didn't want to try and ask Larry any questions they're not ready to answer. But I'm still crossing my fingers for NC as the location for this event.

God. Damn @ Final Round XVI. I know they're setting up TFC to be a huge tournament, but it's gonna take a big effort to make it bigger than FR. Hopefully they can do it though. Another Evo 3 months after the real thing would be so dope.

Venfayth

KSbFjvQ.png

Virgin Gaming is a site that pays out money for winning video game tournaments. It looks like MLG is trying to work on a deal with them. Gootecks wants them to include fighting games. The most interesting part is that Sundance says that the "block" preventing them from using Capcom games has left. Seth Killian is the illuminati?

I didn't know that.
slowpoke.jpg

32.gif

Be ready to fly to NC later this year guys, I'll just warm up my car instead
9.gif

God. Damn @ Final Round XVI. I know they're setting up TFC to be a huge tournament, but it's gonna take a big effort to make it bigger than FR. Hopefully they can do it though. Another Evo 3 months after the real thing would be so dope.

I agree, FR has prestige which it has built over along period of time. Excluding EVO which is like our Super Bowl and pretty much in a tier of its own, FR is the Major of all Majors. Joe, John, Big E, and Larry are going to have their hands full promoting the hell out of this thing. We know it's going to be big, but will it surpass Final Round to become probably the 2nd biggest tournament of the year(in terms of attendance at least) in its first year of existence? Only time will tell.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
EDIT: Mispost.

EDIT 2: Actual post:

First post... chiming in to say...

JROSA IS FREE!
I'd like to chime in to say that that Panel Writer of yours is pretty sweet.

It could replace Season's Beatings as my fall major of choice. I think I can justify a 9-hour drive.

Jaxel

You'd have to watch the last stream to really understand. Basically this online MK group called the Emperors are saying they are the real EMP. Triforce just happens to be around and that's when crap hit the fan. The interaction between Triforce and them were pretty funny, a typical school yard fight. Makes good for a person in a late night I'm sleepy and I'll laugh at anything mood. But yeah, they are like a 90s Gangsta version of EMP.

The whole conversation was pretty stupid. Anytime Triforce made a real point, the "Emperors", simply avoided the subject and changed the topic to making fun of Triforce's penis, or the way he talks. They had no real rebuttals and everything they said just backed up Triforce's statements.

The fact that the majority of the chat thought that Triforce was "getting owned", makes me weep for the intelligence of stream monsters.

alstein

32.gif

Be ready to fly to NC later this year guys, I'll just warm up my car instead
9.gif

I agree, FR has prestige which it has built over along period of time. Excluding EVO which is like our Super Bowl and pretty much in a tier of its own, FR is the Major of all Majors. Joe, John, Big E, and Larry are going to have their hands full promoting the hell out of this thing. We know it's going to be big, but will it surpass Final Round to become probably the 2nd biggest tournament of the year(in terms of attendance at least) in its first year of existence? Only time will tell.

I think it can over time, but unless the other staffs skimp a bit on their own tourneys to get major Euros into NC (and it should aim for Euros over Japanese players.), it's going to take more than a year.

It is something that needs to be done though, the US deserves more than 1 EVO. (and having a secondary EVO-class tournament keeps both honest)

Virgin Gaming is a site that pays out money for winning video game tournaments. It looks like MLG is trying to work on a deal with them. Gootecks wants them to include fighting games. The most interesting part is that Sundance says that the "block" preventing them from using Capcom games has left. Seth Killian is the illuminati?

The "block" that was there is replaced by Haunts and Combofiend who aren't exactly prostitutes for eSports, Haunts is open about his disdain for them while Combofiend doesn't strike me as the guy who's excited about the prospects of pro gaming. So nothing much has changed.

I think it can over time, but unless the other staffs skimp a bit on their own tourneys to get major Euros into NC (and it should aim for Euros over Japanese players.), it's going to take more than a year.

It is something that needs to be done though, the US deserves more than 1 EVO. (and having a secondary EVO-class tournament keeps both honest)

Hate to say this, but you are overestimating the FGC if you think it deserves anything, let alone "more than 1 EVO". One of the biggest reasons why EVO became big was the fact that it's held in Vegas, and there's little chance that people all over the US will be thrilled by the prospect of a trip to NC, let alone all over the world. Think the efforts of the EC TOs are noble but they are overestimating themselves if they think they can have a second EVO just by declaring that it's going to be the second EVO.

You guys can't Kaz-ify my avatar, just saying.

Also, really looking forward to more details about The Fall Classic, seems like a great idea and it'll take a lot to get it to a high level, but with the event organizers who are a part of it, I don't think it should be that big of a problem, at least how I see it.

Also hey Jaxel. Watched your Power Hour yesterday, love when you rant on that topic, lol.

Horseress

@BazMcMahon If you have a moment, I would like to talk to you about doing something for Evo 2013. Hit me up please!

For those who don't know Baz McMahon, he runs the Video Game Championship Wrestling strem every week (a bunch of video game and video game related people wrestling, pretty damn funny).
He doing the pre-EVO show would be TOO awesome!

Which topic? The fact that TOs have no balls?

Yeah, the most recent one, where you talked about NEC and Apex.

Also, Bazza doing something for the pre-Evo show? Last year we had the Floe event...

...Are we going to see a Royal Rumble with prominent players from the FGC competing in it? That would be the greatest.

For those who don't know Baz McMahon, he runs the Video Game Championship Wrestling strem every week (a bunch of video game and video game related people wrestling, pretty damn funny).
He doing the pre-EVO show would be TOO awesome!

Gah - how cool would that be? I don't know if his schtick would work all that well live. Would be an interesting proposition at the least.

KSbFjvQ.png

I didn't know that.
slowpoke.jpg

Shots fired at Seth Killian?

Edit: Oh you edit your post? I remember reading this, earlier in the morning and no mention of Seth. Oh well I guess everyone has the same thinking by now.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I thought ZTS was just talking about himself. But hi join date was July of last year though, so maybe he just didn't realize he was accepted till now or didn't post till now. Not sure what he meant until he says something though.

Join date is the date you signed up, not the date you get accepted.

Venfayth

What kind of balls? o_O

I went to NEC and if someone told me that Big E had no balls, I would probably die laughing. That man is a man made of many men.

Jaxel

Join date is the date you signed up, not the date you get accepted.

Yeah... I've been trying to get a Neogaf account for YEARS... Would sign up, never get accepted, account would get deleted 6 months later... sign up again, never get accepted, account deleted... repeat ad infinitum.

alstein

Shots fired at Seth Killian?

Edit: Oh you edit your post? I remember reading this, earlier in the morning and no mention of Seth. Oh well I guess everyone has the same thinking by now.

Why would Seth block that? Only thing I can think of is trying to protect EVO, but I doubt that's it.

BTW I agree with Jaxel's rant and the fact there's a double standard. Give props to the FR folks for enforcing their rules last year on Sunday though. (DQing Wolfkrone and another person)

Glad to see Jaxel here, just hope he gets his 300 posts and 90 days in.

Venfayth

Thank you for commenting on my video without actually watching my video where I EXPLICITLY make a distinction between event organizers and tournament organizers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzYHHDUv-tg

Hey, no offense dude, I don't have the opportunity to watch your video yet, and I wasn't referring directly to your video. I just saw NEC was mentioned. I will watch it later. It's my mistake for getting Big E mixed up with who you obviously mean to refer to.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yeah... I've been trying to get a Neogaf account for YEARS... Would sign up, never get accepted, account would get deleted 6 months later... sign up again, never get accepted, account deleted... repeat ad infinitum.

Don't get banned! Have fun!

:D

Top Bottom