• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

fuzzyset

Looks like my daily gold avarage is going down. It's now 127 gold per day since launch, which is down from 142 per day for the first week of the expansion. Still on the road to break 10,000 for next expansion (12,000+ if I keep up current pace). I am going to need another double gold event if i want to get higher.

Watching numbers go higher is the most fun part of the game right now :p

Dang, how many games do you play a day?

I think Freeze Shaman might be okay if they print more synergy cards for it next expac, currently there's almost no reason to run it besides the shitty weapon and Moorabi who is exceptionally slow. A couple more decent cards and it'll be a fun meme deck.

Dang, how many games do you play a day?

The first few days of the expansion I hit the limit (which is 30 wins). Lately it has been much less, but I made the switch from Standard to Wild a few days ago, and had a bunch of quick wins ranking up from sub-R20 to R10 with fun decks. I also had one 100 gold quest in there, which I was lucky to get, which is inflating the numbers a bit. The rest were 40 or 50s.

The OP state of Druid is going to hurt me in the long run I fear, as I think I've now drained all the fun out of the game I can have until the ladder resets. I know what I am doing is a long grind, but for the rest of this month, and ultimately until Druid is fixed, it might turn into more grind than fun if I keep going.

Even if the wins slow down, I will 100% do the quests every day.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think Freeze Shaman might be okay if they print more synergy cards for it next expac, currently there's almost no reason to run it besides the shitty weapon and Moorabi who is exceptionally slow. A couple more decent cards and it'll be a fun meme deck.

Which is going to be the next thing blizzard forces onto a class even if it never works.

RIP discard. Hopefully.

Pooya

Freeze shaman can certainly be a thing one day but even then you won't play Moorabi in the deck.

The only good freeze card so far is taunt one, avalanche is not very good.

The problem with Avalanche is that any decent player places strong minions on the sides and keep weak ones in the middle. This is the optimal placement for basically every effect in the game to get most value from buffs and plays around betrayal, meteor and avalanche of course. You're not going to freeze a big threat with this and still manage to get the damage done. It's very awkward.

As long as jade package exists, shaman deck building is very restricted too. I don't like it but jade cards are some of the best tools shaman has right now and when you play 2-3 of them, you might as well play all of them. I don't see freeze shaman this year because of these.

scarlet

going by the datamined stuff, the boss fights are really ridiculous and apparently DKs for each class is a big help. That sucks if true, I hope it's doable without owning every deathknight.

In the preview if you're playing mage, lich king set up your health to 1 on his 1st turn.

sibarraz

Banned
I love kibler's hunter deck, I got 3 consecutive matches with it on casual

Is ridiculous the combinations that you can get with deathstalker hero power, if luck is at your side, you can throw lots of minions that can change the dominance in the board, or,
nullify your opponents tries to stabilize the board.

Is cool to play 4 attack minions attack priest that also have charge or other shit

I'm playing a secret Mage with Geist in it and I'm like 80% win rate vs Jade. I let out a sigh of relief when it's a Druid and not a fucking pirate warrior. R14 right now.

bluehat9

Opened the warlock DK so I've been messing around with it, defile is a devastating card, especially with the not pirate spell damage minion with divine shield. Made it to rank 10 for first time in a couple months.

It's so crazy to define jade druid right now.

It has the draw capability of a miracle deck, it has the ability to tempo out insane amounts of stats in a single turn, it has ramp consistency then we've ever seen before, it still somehow manages to fit silences into the deck, while randomly just simply strong 8 drops like lich king or primordial drake, it gets an insanely powerful and flexible hero power from malfurion to either finish the game or gain armor and out last you, a 5 mana spell that can easily summon a 3/15 even against a tiny board state, and 7/35 against a strong one, while still somehow managing to run tech cards like black knight, I mentioned they have ramp consistency but didn't mention they have 8 ramp cards so pretty much guaranteed to get one or two...

Which version of Jade are you referring to?

I'm going to review some of the best cards of the expansion, live in this post.

Malfurion the Pestilent 5/5

Summons 4 mana worth of minions and turns your hero power into something that rivals tank up and fiery war axe at the same time. This costs usually 5 mana because druid either ramps twice or hits innervate. Either case, it doesn't cost 7.

Ultimate Infestation 5/5

I would give it a 7 out of 5, but blizzard designed this to be about 5s so...

Spreading Plague 5/5

Even when you only hit 3 minions, you're getting a 3/15 for 5 mana. 18 worth of stats is equal to almost 9 mana. And guess what, they all have taunt, so it's like they've increased their health pools by 15 and potentially even more since your minions will never line up well and if they buff them which they can multiple ways across the board. Furthermore, it forces you to make awkward trades or risk giving additional value.

Strongshell scavenger 5/5

Hit one minion and it's a 4/5 with split charge potential. Hit 2 or more and you're now talking. Looks weak on it's own but then you consider 2 of the cards above in this list have synergy, and 2 more cards to come have synergy, so we're talking 5 top tier cards having synergy.

Druid of the Swarm 5/5

One of the best 2 drops in the standard set. 6 stats in 1 body with taunt is no joke. It's just icing on top that it is sometimes a poisonous minon, because if it had no choose one text it would still be 5/5 with 1/5 taunt for 2 mana.

Crypt Lord 5/5

The last taunt in this list. It's a little deceptive, on it's own it looks underwhelming. But once you consider the breadth of buffs available, the fact that it grows quick with little commitment and the high high high chance your opponent cannot deal 6 damage on turn 3, this is a very powerful card.

Spectral Pillager 1/5

Top card? Yes. Top card at trolling rogues I mean. You must play 3 cards before playing this card to make it a worse fire elemental.

That's the end of the live post. Don't forget to hit subscribe.

KuroNeeko

Save your breath, mayne.

I have more wins on Priest than all my other classes combined, so I know what you're saying, but ain't no one want to hear about Priestly woes (save for that one time when we got Purify and people kinda-sorta rallied for us.)

Because Priest deserve to have good things after all these shit years.

We have through so many bullshit meta that includes:
1- Druid straight up killing you if u had 14 hp.
2- face Hunter charging your face while drawing +2 cards for 4 mana, which essentially mean you lose the game if u played more than 3 minions.
3- Undertaker hunter.
3- Mage freezing you over and over then killing you ( still exist to a lesser extent ).
4- Everyone get in here, the grim patron frothing otk.
5- Mech mage.
6- Aggro shaman in various forms.
7- Midrange shaman in various forms.
8- Secret Palladin, the reason standard was invented.
9- Miracle rogue ( the og Leeeeeroy 18 damage version )
10- Handlock ( thanks for 10 hp now i can double molten taunt for the win ).

All those were tier 1 decks for 3 fucking years, and yet when priest get a good cards you all yell about balance.

sorry for the rant, but i was Priest player since day 1 and this comment make my blood boil.

Not even OP Druid can get me past 2 Arena wins.

I have not touched arena since the expansions launched, but what makes Druid strong right now would not instantly help it in arena. You cannot be guaranteed the right cards working together like they do in ranked.

To help know what cards are strong in arena, use the heartharena overwolf app to guide you in picking cards. Otherwise you will overlook cards such as Hozen Healer and Envenom Weapon which are ideal arena cards even though they initially dont look strong.

You should be able to break two wins unless you are coming at the mode from the wrong angle.

Milennia

ok i need to vent this

im on my second legend climb this month and at rank 1 with 2 stars

to get there i played almost exclusively evolve shaman because its fun as shit until i got to rank 3 where every game was against priest, i swap to druid and get aggro druids exclusively.

then i swap back to shaman at 3 different intervals and get priest for each one of those 3 games

fuck me man

ended up just streaking with paladin to get me over the hump but damn i just want to play evolve shaman

my early season climb to legend on my other account was purely jades so i didnt want to play it at all for my second climb but those priests broke me

Fell all the way to rank 3 trying to figure out the meta.

Climbed back up to 1 undefeated with Quest Warrior. I'm having trouble optimizing the deck, though. Lich King has won me multiple matches from giving me a key card.

I really, really fucking hate that Paladin Death Knight weapon.

That thing has to be worth what, 8 mana on its own minimum?

I think that's what it costs if you mouse over it, actually.

To help know what cards are strong in arena, use the heartharena overwolf app to guide you in picking cards.

There's an "arena helper" plugin that does that same thing inside HearthstoneDeckTracker, I think it uses the ADWCTA/Merps data. Nice to not have to install a second program.

Here's the deck I've been tooling around with recently, been having a lot of fun with it. Don't think it's explicitly good but the combos are cool to pull off. Could probably use some refinement but I'm not too worried about taking it far.

mAOrFo0.png

Which list?

### Firelord
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Fire Plume's Heart
# 2x (2) Annoy-o-Tron
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 2x (2) Execute
# 2x (2) Fiery War Axe
# 2x (2) Slam
# 2x (3) Deathlord
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Bloodhoof Brave
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 2x (5) Direhorn Hatchling
# 2x (5) Sludge Belcher
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAEBAQcGuQ3grALTwwLfxALJxwLCzgIMS5EDkQb/B7II/g2BDoUQ0q4Cm8ICysMCoscCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I wish I could fit more draw in along with a Bring It On! and a second Dirty Rat, but against control decks you need to finish the quest ASAP so you can get to chucking fireballs. DK Anduin is going to kill you eventually, anyway.

I just took Curator out for a second Direhorn to help with long matches. I went down to one before, and Curator drawing one card (or none) wasn't very valuable to me. Of course, it would be great if I could fit in another Primordial Drake and Curator, too! But the deck feels super tight right now.

You don't. You get a pack. If you beat the boss with all 9 classes, you get a hero portrait. Where is this "free Lich King" nonsense even coming from. If it was true we would have data mined it already.

Ack, I'm sorry for misunderstanding this--I misread a press release way back when and mistook "Arthas for beating everything" as "free Lich King to everyone". Off to craft The Litch King!

Anduin DK is super OP, but spending 8 mana to deal 6 damage is hardly complaint-worthy.

It's not about spending 8 mana to do 6 damage. It's about being able to spend 8 mana to play the card and then rip off 3 hero powers for a total of 1 mana.

It's like they didn't even bother to test the Raza interaction at all.

you fucking dead anyway at 6 health

Against Priest? No, not really, especially when I had my DK hero the following turn.

Priest's weakness was not having burst, so Blizzard got the bright idea to give them burst and then look at hat, they're tier 1 now.

It's beside the point anyway, Voidform needs a nerf, plain and simple.

I don't mind priest having access to some reach. I still don't like singleton decks though. I also don't like that it's only 8 mana and has a huge board impact just with the AOE SWD. Meanwhile rogue has the DK at 9 mana with no board impact at all. It's kinda wrong imo.

Paladin DK is appropriate I feel at least. You heal/remove stuff. That is right for 9 mana. Priest should have also been 9 or even 10 mana tbh. They're the class designed to go late game, not rogue.

Against Priest? No, not really, especially when I had my DK hero the following turn.

Priest's weakness was not having burst, so Blizzard got the bright idea to give them burst and then look at hat, they're tier 1 now.

It's beside the point anyway, Voidform needs a nerf, plain and simple.

I hate priest as much as anyone else really, maybe more, but let's not gloss over priest having access to mindblast and blizzard repeatedy giving them cards for more damage to face like for instance Velen.
Let us priest players having a good deck for a while.

never, fuck priest.

I hate priest as much as anyone else really, maybe more, but let's not gloss over priest having access to mindblast and blizzard repeatedy giving them cards for more damage to face like for instance Velen.

never, fuck priest.

Sure, but there's a reason Priest used to get rolled over by Jaraxxus so easily. It's never been a class that can sacrifice slots in their deck for straight burst and it's a lot of what has kept them in check for so long.

Either way, I guess Voidform isn't even really the problem. It's the interaction with Raza that makes it unreasonable. Sadly I'm sure Blizzard is going to just wait it out and let Raza rotate though, which I guess is the point of the rotation anyway but it's just a ridiculously frustrating combo to deal with right now.

Anyway, in somewhat more positive news, that tempo elemental Rogue deck that's been floating around is pretty rad. Super fun to play and seems reasonably strong as well. Hope it manages to stick around. Using Shadowcaster on Bonemares and Blazecallers is pretty nuts.

KuroNeeko

Sure, but there's a reason Priest used to get rolled over by Jaraxxus so easily. It's never been a class that can sacrifice slots in their deck for straight burst and it's a lot of what has kept them in check for so long.

It wasn't really until WotG that Priest lacked the burst, but when we got Embrace the Void + Flash Heal, you could usually pressure a Warlock to pop Jarax and then burn him down. It didn't *quite* make the match-up even since you often had to deal with Twilight Drakes, etc., but it helped even it up a bit. We lost that burst when Flash Heal rotated out. :/

Anyway, in somewhat more positive news, that tempo elemental Rogue deck that's been floating around is pretty rad. Super fun to play and seems reasonably strong as well. Hope it manages to stick around. Using Shadowcaster on Bonemares and Blazecallers is pretty nuts.

@.@ Oh, wow.... It doesn't use Valeera, does it?

Ikkarus

That deck is all kinds of fun. If you get the 2 drop prince in your opening hand it's even more savage / fun.

Top Bottom