• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

A 3/3, 2/3 and 2/2 on turn 1 going first, I'm dead on turn 4. Gee I should really stop whining and just counter Druid right? Innervate can go fuck itself. I literally couldn't even coin doomsayer turn 1.

Bunga

Still hovering at Rank 13 this morning using Midrange Pally (although I'm only using that as I have Pally card and weapons quest). Once those are done I'll switch over to Midrange Hunter again I think as it's simply a lot of fun to play when you actually manage to survive playing Rexxar.

KuroNeeko

Still hovering at Rank 13 this morning using Midrange Pally (although I'm only using that as I have Pally card and weapons quest). Once those are done I'll switch over to Midrange Hunter again I think as it's simply a lot of fun to play when you actually manage to survive playing Rexxar.

I've been finding that Control Warlock (DK version, not handlock), has been doing really well at Rank 13 right now. Lots of aggro out there, but you still have legs against the Control decks too. Pirate Warrior can still burn you down if they have the nut (last PW silenced my Mistress of Potions....dayum), but it's been pretty strong.

Very few Druids too. Guess they've all moved on to Legend by now.

Pooya

PpaHimk.png

almost lost to that guy, almost...

FeD.nL

A 3/3, 2/3 and 2/2 on turn 1 going first, I'm dead on turn 4. Gee I should really stop whining and just counter Druid right? Innervate can go fuck itself. I literally couldn't even coin doomsayer turn 1.

Yup, it's stupid. I hope we're getting some changes in september, though I don't expect it.

Bunga

Rank 11 boys. Absolutely battering people with Midrange Hunter, although it seems to play a lot like Face Hunter against certain decks, e.g. Exodia Mage.

Special mention to Bonemare which really is, in my opinion, the star of the Frozen Throne set so far. In Hunter it's just obscenely powerful as you can almost always guarantee a target for it with Infested Wolf, Kindly Grandmother, Rat Pack etc which means you can keep Kill Command alive. Insane card.

Heropon

Finally tried this Jade Druid everyone talks about because of a quest to play Druid cards and getting the DK from a pack. I run one copy of Ultimate Infestation and Spreading Plague because I spent all my dust on Anduin, but despite those flaws I made the life of three opponents miserable.

I never got to use the DK in all the matches, it didn't appear or it was a tempo loss compared to other options. I suppose I will get to appreciate it better later.

FeD.nL

Rank 11 boys. Absolutely battering people with Midrange Hunter, although it seems to play a lot like Face Hunter against certain decks, e.g. Exodia Mage.

Special mention to Bonemare which really is, in my opinion, the star of the Frozen Throne set so far. In Hunter it's just obscenely powerful as you can almost always guarantee a target for it with Infested Wolf, Kindly Grandmother, Rat Pack etc which means you can keep Kill Command alive. Insane card.

Yeah hunter is in a pretty decent position compared to last expansion, Kibler was like 18-4 in legend with his DK hunter deck yesterday.

Bunga

Yeah hunter is in a pretty decent position compared to last expansion, Kibler was like 18-4 in legend with his DK hunter deck yesterday.

I was watching him as well, he was 25-4 when I was watching. Pretty good going considering all those games were within Legend. His deck was slightly different to mine though with Flare etc. included. Day9 was also playing his deck (but doing rather less well with it!).

Anyone able to copy me his list? I'm at work and can't access Hearthpwn.

Winrate in legend is irrelevant if its on dumpster

Btw 4 crab setup is not overkill its the only way Hunter highrolling other aggro deck

It's still Legend and 24-5 all the way to top 200 I'd call pretty damn relevant, of course it's not a tier 1 deck or anything but it says more than nothing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The double hungry crab are seriously overkill imho. Could easily play 1 and a fiery bat or macaw in its place.

Never been a big hunter player but I think it's been pretty standard for hunter to run double of both crabs now, they need the board badly and need the reliability when they're against paladin or pirate decks. Tracking can make it so they get dumped in the appropriate matchups too.

They need to basically roll the aggression from turn 1/2 to stand a chance anymore.

I really like Bonemare. That, Skelemancer, and Spikeridged Steed create some amazingly annoying stuff in Paladin decks.

fertygo

It's still Legend and 24-5 all the way to top 200 I'd call pretty damn relevant, of course it's not a tier 1 deck or anything but it says more than nothing.
I see.. on same note Justsaiyan had similar climb with his n'zoth warrior on today stream that he prepping for HCT

He dont play Geist because he planning to ban Jade Druid he pretty confident this deck beat anything other than Jade Druid.. he pretty high on mountainfire armor. He say its the nuts.

Ladekabel

It's either me being the worst Druid player or the Druid player with the worst of luck or a combination of both. I lost my last few games because I didn't draw any of my ramp and only my late game. Only game I won was against a Aggro Druid because I was able to survive long enough to get the Shellraiser + Plague combo. But only because I draw my Nourish as my first ramp on turn 6. Others loses were against Shamen though I think that is a bad match up but losing against insane Evolve's doesn't feel good. and again, Quest Mage. Freezes and hail mary Tome's getting spells they can play to activate their quest.

Not Jade by the way. Medivh plus Plague though I guess that doesn't matter in the Druid rage at the moment.

Also made this Warrior in similar vein to a list floating around before Un'Goro I believe. Beat a Jade Druid in Casual with it. 10/10. Would recommend.

### I don't know
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Blood To Ichor
# 2x (1) N'Zoth's First Mate
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Execute
# 2x (2) Fiery War Axe
# 2x (2) Slam
# 2x (3) Frothing Berserker
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Ravaging Ghoul
# 2x (4) Kor'kron Elite
# 2x (5) Direhorn Hatchling
# 1x (5) Finja, the Flying Star
# 1x (6) The Black Knight
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
# 1x (8) Rotface
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (10) Deathwing
#
AAECAQcI0gLCBvgMubICkbwC474Chs0Cws4CCxyRA44F4wWRBqcIsgiCrQKCsAKGsAKixwIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Rotface because I opened it and because it is a sweet card.

G.ZZZ

Never been a big hunter player but I think it's been pretty standard for hunter to run double of both crabs now, they need the board badly and need the reliability when they're against paladin or pirate decks. Tracking can make it so they get dumped in the appropriate matchups too.

They need to basically roll the aggression from turn 1/2 to stand a chance anymore.

Pirates are decently represented, but i see murloc pally like once in 20 games. If murloc druid become more popular, sure, but as of now i don't see a lot of reasons to run both hungry crabs.

Bunga

Haha, just played a Burn mage as Midrange Hunter. He puts up his first Ice Block and then what is clearly going to be his Ice Barrier. He's at 8hp and I have a reasonably good board, but not enough to push through the HP after Ice Barrier procs. I have 20+ hp on my hero, so I just proceed to have my board sit there and get wiped out while I hero power through x2 Ice Blocks to win the game.

Rekt.

This all standard cards Skele Paladin list seems amazing in Wild away from all the Jade Druids.

I did 10 to 7 this morning with it including some win streaks. Skelemancer is so annoying for all these Ships Cannon Pirate Warriors, and with many scared to attack it when played it almost always stays up for Spikeridged the following turn, and even better it is usually then too big to get rid off, so it is might still be up for Bonemare the turn afterwards. Sure, it might not be a good plan to stack all your stats on one minion, but it is fun when it works.

• # 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
  • # 2x (1) Vilefin Inquisitor
  • # 2x (2) Hydrologist
  • # 2x (2) Rockpool Hunter
  • # 1x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
  • # 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
  • # 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
  • # 2x (4) Gentle Megasaur
  • # 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
  • # 1x (5) Finja, the Flying Star
  • # 2x (5) Skelemancer
  • # 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
  • # 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
  • # 2x (7) Bonemare
  • # 1x (7) The Curator
  • # 2x (8) Primordial Drake
  • # 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
  • # 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
Deck Code
AAECAYsWBvoGjwm5sgLjvgK5wQKO0wIM2wPPBqcI06oCs8ECm8ICncICscICiMcCyccC2MoCps4CAA==

Milennia

played a little bit more and ended up with a 20-7 record with paladin to legend on my NA account

people mulligan so bad with this deck its hilarious i destroyed every one of the 8 mirrors i had

Pooya

Hot take:

Nerf spellbreaker to 5 mana.

With the recent re-emergence of silence, it's really obvious that spellbreaker is too good for its cost in this meta game when other silence cards got nerfed a year ago and this was left alone.

Aggressive stats for the cost, obviously powerful battlecry that nullifies a lot of effects in classes or decks that should not be able to do it this effectively.

The only reason it wasn't nerfed because people didn't play it up to that point, silence is a problem yet again. The effect should be kept exclusive to some classes like priests, that's fine yo, you pirate warrior, you can't silence my shit, same for you druid, at least not with a 4/3 for 4.

sibarraz

Banned
Priest was my first class in the game, I really love how the deck was played, between injured blademaster, circle of healing, auchenai soulpriest, cabal shadowpriest, mind control, the shadow words, it was a classic control deck that it was not that good but I still could win a lot of matches in a consistent way, to the point that it was my first golden hero (I got the final 150 matches with dragon priest though)

I don't like raza since is way too much rng, and priest with burst is super scary, specially when said burst is gotten by playing cheap cards, that are easily obtainbile thanks to all the card generating cards that priest has

G.ZZZ

Also i've been loving hive queen in wild hunter. It's a 2/3 that while block you from playing extra minions, that is not too relevant often because:

- you have glaivezooka, rapid shot and hero power, and using hero power in face hunter isn't as bad as other classes because it's your form of card advantage
- it let you contest the board easily and keep it early especially in conjunction with glaivezooka and rapid shot
- against aggro it let you keep the board early. Vs control, you just wait to play it T2-T3 in conjunction with other cards to put a lot of early board pressure for just 1 mana.

I want to test it in rogue too. Hero powering T2 is also good there, but there aren't many good T2 spell plays there that you want to play regardless, whereas glaivezooka and rapid shot are really good cards anyway.

fertygo

Hot take:

Nerf spellbreaker to 5 mana.

With the recent re-emergence of silence, it's really obvious that spellbreaker is too good for its cost in this meta game when other silence cards got nerfed a year ago and this was left alone.

Aggressive stats for the cost, obviously powerful battlecry that nullifies a lot of effects in classes or decks that should not be able to do it this effectively.

The only reason it wasn't nerfed because people didn't play it up to that point, silence is a problem yet again. The effect should be kept exclusive to some classes like priests, that's fine yo, you pirate warrior, you can't silence my shit, same for you druid, at least not with a 4/3 for 4.
People started to drop spellbreaker because people avoid playing pally at last few day

Pally is the reason to play silence and they gone

manhack

I was playing Token Shaman from rank 3 to Rank 1 last night, so I have to laugh at the VS reaper report for the last 24 hours. Pretty sure the only person playing Shaman at that rank was me

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/data-reaper-live-beta/

Played against Jade Druid, Aggro Token Druid, Murloc Paladin and Pirate warriors to no surprise.

The only game I lost was to a Jade Druid, who on turn 6 played Innervate, Innervate, Ultimate Infestation with only 3 cards in hand to Kill my flametongue totem. FeelsDruidMan

Wow, Skelemancer is so amazing. It is so annoying against control and board clears. Against Druid it is worth trading to get it to one health point so it turns into a hassle against Swipe. It is even worth holding in your opening hand against Mage, as it makes Blizzard almost useless.

I think I found a new favourite card. It's common, so I might even craft him golden

62943.gif

You're the best!

fertygo

At any case I don't know about nerfing spellbreaker when spikeridge steed is a card, and I want more powerful buff like steed got made, but there must've counterplay

sibarraz

Banned
Lots of times I manage to play around the 2/2, since its presence is not that bad.

Im impressed that no paladins have managed to spikeridged steed him, now that is an scary play

Wow, Skelemancer is so amazing. It is so annoying against control and board clears. Against Druid it is worth trading to get it to one health point so it turns into a hassle against Swipe. It is even worth holding in your opening hand against Mage, as it makes Blizzard almost useless.

I think I found a new favourite card. It's common, so I might even craft him golden

62943.gif

You're the best!
Wait until a Priest steals it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Skelemancer would be good but in the current meta it winds up being pretty awful. Last meta vs. stuff like mage...Skelemancer would shine. Now it just buffs Spreading Plague and and you can't break through taunts with it. Absolutely horrible vs. Priest. Even as a buff target you are sort of just asking to pick up silence removal or mind control.

Cockmagic

Neo Member
s79fcvO.jpg

Got legend with that DK Warlock deck I posted a few pages back. Actually beat a good number of murloc paladins. Got trounced by a couple jade druids on the way there so I substituted acidic swamp ooze for a geist. I realized that unless you get the dream opener of giant and drake, the druid simply has too much draw, defense, and sustain. Didn't matter because I didn't play a jade for the last 3 wins. Final boss was a DK who milled his Raza with a DK card from the Lich King. :p

Worthless in a game where potion of madness exists.

And bad even if it didn't.

Probably, but I am still just at Rank 7, and having fun with it, so it is working for me. Also finding a way to have fun in a game filled with OP Druids is the most important thing for me. Tbh, most of the Priest decks I am seeing are the one off kind, and most use their POM against the smaller murlocs I am playing. So it is usually a safe play by Turn 5. Also, the steal is not that bad anyway (unless via Cabal - which I have not seen yet), as with POM they have to steal it, and then kill it on their turn, so they do not get the 8/8.

Skelemancer will have his day eventually, this meta is too hostile for it. I didn't expect priest to be meta.

At least I can then say I liked it before it was popular. Right now when it works for me it works really well, as unless you have the right cards to deal with it instantly (and most classes dont), it is just so damn annoying - especially in Paladin where having a presence on the board to important.

sh1fty

So I've been playing about 50-60% Jade Druid lately, which is absurd, and usually get smoked since I play a slower Elemental Mage.

Just won back-to-back games when I drew Skulking Geist and played him on Turn 6.

FeelsSoGoodMan

Top Bottom