• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Looks like a good time for people to try Wild. Lol.

I forgot putting DK Malf in my druid deck, goes something like 4-7

put back the DK, back on winning

so I guess card is legit
Staghelm into Innervate into DK + Jade or Raven Idol is my favorite combo. Once I was so lucky that I had Falstad into Innervate x2 into DK into Raven x2 and a Jade Idol. Got Ultimate Infestation and Aya from the Ravens.

Dude conceded on the spot though. :(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Funniest thing on Trumps stream as hes live from gamescom streaming, woman comes up to him and starts talking, taking interest and he tells her he needs time to think, she keeps asking questions and he basically tells her to go away hes dealing with the lich king.

Nachos

Funniest thing on Trumps stream as hes live from gamescom streaming, woman comes up to him and starts talking, taking interest and he tells her he needs time to think, she keeps asking questions and he basically tells her to go away hes dealing with the lich king.

Yeah, she was even asking what parties he was going to later. Priorities, tho.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Trump cucks... himself?

Edit: wait, NVM. I don't think it works like that.

Tunoku

Someone help me decide which legendary to pick:

screenshot2017-08-221e4uxk.png

screenshot2017-08-221iyud0.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Got enough dust for three legendaries. Thinking Antonidas, Tarim, and Lich King.

Unsure about Lich King, though.

Got enough dust for three legendaries. Thinking Antonidas, Tarim, and Lich King.

Unsure about Lich King, though.

While I ended up crafting him to have a big threat in my control decks, I agree that the decision to do so is tough.

He can be really good, if you get a good DK card from him in the right situation. And being a giant taunt (that is power creep from a half-decent class card, Ironbark Protector) can save you in certain situations.

But a decent chunk of the DK cards are actually bad in control decks, so it really is best run as a finisher in mid-range decks. And then it's inconsistent.

Even pre-launch I had doubts about him, not to mention Arfus, which I correctly predicted to be pretty bad. I wish he wasn't though, as his animation is just adorable.

If you wait until Thursday, I'm pretty sure you'll get a free Lich King card for finishing the final single-player wing.

I doubt they'd do that, after giving people two weeks to unpack/craft it. The blowback would be more negative than the positive feedback. A random leg or even another DK, maaaaybe.

kirblar

I doubt they'd do that, after giving people two weeks to unpack/craft it. The blowback would be more negative than the positive feedback. A random leg or even another DK, maaaaybe.
The bonus for the final wing is that if you beat Arthas w/ all 9 classes you get OG Human Arthas as a alternate Pally hero.

Pooya

going by the datamined stuff, the boss fights are really ridiculous and apparently DKs for each class is a big help. That sucks if true, I hope it's doable without owning every deathknight.

FeD.nL

Rant mode:

Why the fuck is Raza + Anduin a thing. Like who the fuck play tests these things?

Rant mode off.

Ah well, at least I have not run into any druids so far.

TankUP

If you wait until Thursday, I'm pretty sure you'll get a free Lich King card for finishing the final single-player wing.

You don't. You get a pack. If you beat the boss with all 9 classes, you get a hero portrait. Where is this "free Lich King" nonsense even coming from. If it was true we would have data mined it already.

Q8D3vil

Rant mode:

Why the fuck is Raza + Anduin a thing. Like who the fuck play tests these things?

Rant mode off.

Because Priest deserve to have good things after all these shit years.

We have through so many bullshit meta that includes:
1- Druid straight up killing you if u had 14 hp.
2- face Hunter charging your face while drawing +2 cards for 4 mana, which essentially mean you lose the game if u played more than 3 minions.
3- Undertaker hunter.
3- Mage freezing you over and over then killing you ( still exist to a lesser extent ).
4- Everyone get in here, the grim patron frothing otk.
5- Mech mage.
6- Aggro shaman in various forms.
7- Midrange shaman in various forms.
8- Secret Palladin, the reason standard was invented.
9- Miracle rogue ( the og Leeeeeroy 18 damage version )
10- Handlock ( thanks for 10 hp now i can double molten taunt for the win ).

All those were tier 1 decks for 3 fucking years, and yet when priest get a good cards you all yell about balance.

sorry for the rant, but i was Priest player since day 1 and this comment make my blood boil.

Hybris

2- face Hunter charging your face while drawing +2 cards for 4 mana, which essentially mean you lose the game if u played more than 3 minions.
3- Undertaker hunter.
3- Mage freezing you over and over then killing you ( still exist to a lesser extent ).
5- Mech mage.

All those were tier 1 decks for 3 fucking years, and yet when priest get a good cards you all yell about balance.

sorry for the rant, but i was Priest player since day 1 and this comment make my blood boil.

All rants need a good counter rant right?

Anyway. I don't much like playing against priests with raza + anduin active, but you have to look at it this way. The deck by it's very nature is inconsistent. You have a bunch of 1 of removal spells, so stick enough threats that need answers without overcommitting and they will have to tap out. Sure sometimes they will have the nuts (raza+anduin active by turn 8) but that's hearthstone. The deck doesn't have much draw in it so that also makes it less likely to happen. I am OK with things being powerful as long as it hard to pull off or inconsistent to do so. Same reason I don't have a problem with resurrect priest. And the converse.. why I don't like druid AT ALL. Consistency is the scariest thing in hearthstone to me.

That seems insanely lame. What a lazy way to implement it.

Nah. It's probably the best way they could do it.

The LIch King fight in WoW was always a trial of resilience, and it was a suuuper long fight.

I NEED A LINK

BY GOD HEARTHGAF

I NEED A LINK FOR THIS

Rant mode:

Rant mode off.

Fuck Priests.

Think I'm going to tech in an eater of secrets to counter quest mage
Dirty Rat is better. It shuts down a lot of combo decks instead of just one. A silence is good, too, to take off freeze when you are making the final push.

Dirty Rat out Raza is a wonderful feeling.

3- Undertaker hunter.
5- Mech mage.

I think mech mage ended up being pretty tame. It never needed nor received a nerf.

I don't think secret paladin is the reason standard was invented. Standard was always going to be a thing. They talked about formats from the start of the game.

I don't know about your overall point about priest. I don't think they get a pass for anything though. I'm not sure if there is anything really broken about priest, but barnes is a card many were looking forward to rotating. Now we have a 6 mana barnes you can have 2 of and a way to keep resurrecting them. It's not exactly a strategy there are many ways to interact with. In fact, transforming opponent minions are so rare that there is only 1 legendary neutral that can combat this strategy to some extent. It's not even a strong counter and it's an awkward af card. There is no way to "banish" to prevent resurrects and cheating out big minions in this game is particularly problematic throughout the history of the game (see innervate).

Okay, so there is a lot I can say about priest atm. Not sure if they are problematic to the point things need to change, but I can see some of the issues that some might think are important in addressing.

Some openers are just auto-wins for druid.

turn 1, innervate blossom.

turn 2, innervate nourish

turn 3, 4 drop

That is 11 mana spent in the first 3 turns, compared to what you normally get being 6. On top of first turn advantage. It's just mathematically slanted for druid to win. And they get these openings so often because of so many ramp options. Back in the day wild growth made druid busted good when they drew it. Now they almost ALWAYS draw it.

Fewr

The best part about killing someone with Ultimate Infestation is they have to watch you draw 5 cards until the game ends.
Haha I did that once, and felt terrible.
Actually the DK emotes feel horrible when I want to just say I had a good game to the other player.

Pooya

In perspective I think Moorabi is the most useless legendary in the set. Princes are easily better, they have a use. Moorabi will be forever junk. Princes are fine, we hated them too much. Even Benedictus is a bit better than this, it's a unique effect, could have some uses one day.

top 3 worst legs

1- Moorabi
2-Benedictus
3-BloodQueen

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I was talking with some friends last night about our mutual Druid and Innervate issues. One of them made a suggestion that I found very interesting.

What if Blizzard made a global change to anything that restored mana? The new rule would work something like you can never have more mana than your current number of crystals. Innervate would now only be usable to refill already spent crystals. This would have a major impact on the coin and coin-like effects as well, making Rogue the other class that would be heavily impacted. However it would put a stop to coining out ANYTHING above your current mana level. Stuff like Wild Growth and Nourish could still give empty crystals or add full ones to the total, but you could never get a 7 mana card out on turn 5.

I thought the idea had merit in general, but feel like it would have too much of a snowball-y effect on the player who goes second. Without being able to coin out that 3 drop to compete with the 2 drops on board or whatever the player going first would be at a massive advantage. Maybe the better change would be to simply make Innervate only refill mana crystals instead of just giving you 2 for free. That's a change that I could get behind I think. And it retains the "spirit of the card".

TankUP

In perspective I think Moorabi is the most useless legendary in the set. Princes are easily better, they have a use. Moorabi will be forever junk. Princes are fine, we hated them too much. Even Bendictus is a bit better than this, it's a unique effect, could have some uses one day.

top 3 worst legs

1- Moorabi
2-Bendictus
3-BloodQueen

1. Moorabi
2. Rotface
3. Arfus

I was talking with some friends last night about our mutual Druid and Innervate issues. One of them made a suggestion that I found very interesting.

What if Blizzard made a global change to anything that restored mana? .

Going second is already a big enough disadvantage, coin does NOT need to be nerfed.

Pooya

I don't think Arfus is that bad. It has highroll potential and has some decent synergies.

Rotface is bad alright but it's not worthless, it's still a value card. It's not even close to those pointless junk.

TankUP

I don't think Arfus is that bad. It has highroll potential and has some decent synergies.

Rotface is bad alright but it's not worthless, it's still a value card. It's not even close to those pointless junk.

I mean it's arguing over which pile of garbage smells worst. I think Benedictis is better because the deck you might run it in (control priest) is better than the deck Rotface goes in (enrage warrior).

Arfus is a 2/2 for 4 and the Death Knight cards aren't consistently good enough to justify the stat hit.

I don't like the coin counting as a spell and how it helps cheat combo cards

I mean I remember in Oil Rogue mirrors where the player going second was favored because of coin, but 99.99% of the time you want to go first because even with coin going second is a demonstrable disadvantage.

Looks like my daily gold avarage is going down. It's now 127 gold per day since launch, which is down from 142 per day for the first week of the expansion. Still on the road to break 10,000 for next expansion (12,000+ if I keep up current pace). I am going to need another double gold event if i want to get higher.

Watching numbers go higher is the most fun part of the game right now :p

Top Bottom