• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrities that have drastically changed their appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

StuBurns said:
Is that a joke or is Lady Gaga a boy?

Only a joke. There were rumours about her being a man the year she became famous though.

StudioTan said:
She still looks smoking hot, she's just making a face in that picture.

She still has a nice body, but her face looks horrible sometimes.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Fry8 said:
She still has a nice body, but her face looks horrible sometimes.

Agree to disagree, different tastes. She still looks gorgeous to me.

Also Stu, here is a real before picture of Lady Gaga:

lady_gaga_boiling_points_2005.jpg

Although she looks better here:

703480_vb.jpg

medrew

tmarques said:
BTW, how's it possible to age this badly in 7 years?
[IM]http://revistaquem.globo.com/Revista/Quem/foto/0,,57719199,00.jpg[/IMG]

Now he looks like one of the Penn brothers.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Here's a legitimate style change: "Weird Al" Yankovic.

Through 1998ish:
Weirdalclassic.jpg

Since then:
weird-al-yankovic.jpg

You can find a few Michael/Freddie tracks on YouTube, but they don't really blow me away unfortunately.

What's cool about this is that both looks have become pretty iconic and associated with him.

Fry8 said:
He still looks good. And that goes for every Friend, although Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox are looking very, very old for their age.

Lisa Kurdow hit a fucking wall somewhere during the show's run. In old episodes, all the girls are super cute. A few years into the show they all got way too thin, but Kudrow especially started looking ancient.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Meh

Kudrow looks average for her age. Credit to her for not getting botoxed out the ass like her contemporaries.

SorchaR

mac said:
OMG, she had reverse plastic surgery and now looks like her old self!

The big problem with Megan Fox is that she tries to hard. Too much make up, too much weird posing and making strange faces, too much trying to be sexy.
The pics that she looks good in are the ones where she isn't over-posing (if there is such a word) and where she wears a more normal amount of make up.
I don't like her as a person, she's a bitch, but she is pretty.

PJV3

The picture of Pete Burns with all the Puss and gunk seeping out of his face are revolting, so it could be worse.

jax (old)

Banned
pretty good thread but it amazed me the number of people posting "celebs" who's aged.

if anything - stars like cher/madonna and the ilk who at 50+ still look a photoshopped version of themselves are scary. and then there's the body dysmorphic nutters.

Ecotic

It's the baldness that makes Sean Connery so alien to me now. I think he has a great look for an older man, but he was always that really hairy Bond to me as a child. The way baldness usually works is that the sooner it starts, the more you can count on losing as the years go by. But Connery didn't start losing any hair until much later in life than is typical for someone with his current degree of hair loss.

sean_connery_as_bond.jpg

SeanConneryJune08.jpg

Fritz

Jax said:
pretty good thread but it amazed me the number of people posting "celebs" who's aged.

if anything - stars like cher/madonna and the ilk who at 50+ still look a photoshopped version of themselves are scary. and then there's the body dysmorphic nutters.

US plastic surgery is so shit. I once heard there are dramatic differences between the different continents in philosophy and technique of plastic surgery and man you can tell.

Fritz said:
US plastic surgery is so shit. I once heard there are dramatic differences between the different continents in philosophy and technique of plastic surgery and man you can tell.
awful plastic surgery is universal and knows no boundaries.

Ecotic said:
It's the baldness that makes Sean Connery so alien to me now. I think he has a great look for an older man, but he was always that really hairy Bond to me as a child. The way baldness usually works is that the sooner it starts, the more you can count on losing as the years go by. But Connery didn't start losing any hair until much later in life than is typical for someone with his current degree of hair loss.

Connery started balding pretty early, he was wearing a toupee even when he was Bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom