• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 29, 2017

Bruno MB

oBGPG2y.jpg

uFalM.png

United Kingdom:
Week 29, 2017 - All Formats (Units)

Originally Posted by Chart-Track:

Crash Bandicoot Reclaims Top Spot

24/Jul/2017

Renewed stock of Activision Blizzard's ‘Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy' helps it regain No1 from ‘Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age' which drops to No7.

New entry ‘Splatoon 2' comes very close to claiming Nintendo's second ever Switch-only All Formats No1 with a strong debut, but has to settle for No2. ‘Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy' matches ‘The Last of Us: Remastered' with the most weeks at No1 for a PS4-only title with 3 weeks. ‘Splatoon 2' outperforms the original becoming the 3rd biggest ever Switch launch, behind Zelda and Mario. Both ‘Mario Kart 8 Deluxe' and ‘The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild' bounce back in to the Top 10 to No's 4 and 6 respectively. It is Mario's highest chart position since its third week of launch.

01 (03) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
02 (NE) SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
03 (05) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
04 (13) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
05 (04) OVERWATCH (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
06 (18) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
07 (01) FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
08 (12) FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
09 (19) FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
10 (16) LEGO WORLDS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
11 (02) CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
12 (24) DOOM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
13 (20) TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE (UBISOFT)
14 (11) MICRO MACHINES: WORLD SERIES (CODEMASTERS)
15 (15) ROCKET LEAGUE (505 GAMES)
16 (23) DISHONORED 2 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
17 (17) TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: WILDLANDS (UBISOFT)
18 (21) DIRT 4 (CODEMASTERS)
19 (09) HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
20 (06) FORZA HORIZON 3 (MICROSOFT)
21 (07) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
22 (10) INJUSTICE 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
23 (25) TEKKEN 7 (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
24 (RE) 1-2 SWITCH (NINTENDO)
25 (31) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
26 (27) DEUS EX: MANKIND DIVIDED (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
27 (26) ARMS (NINTENDO)
28 (39) LEGO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
29 (30) RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD (CAPCOM)
30 (32) LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
31 (RE) LEGO MARVEL AVENGERS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
32 (22) HITMAN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
33 (33) WWE 2K17 (TAKE 2)
34 (RE) CARS 3: DRIVEN TO WIN (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
35 (36) TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION (UBISOFT)
36 (08) WIPEOUT: OMEGA COLLECTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
37 (35) POKEMON SUN (NINTENDO)
38 (14) BATTLEFIELD 1 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
39 (RE) MARIO KART 7 (NINTENDO)
40 (RE) UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Week 29, 2017 - Individual Formats (Units)

Styti.png

France:
Week 28, 2017 - Individual Formats (Value)

yW8JH.png

Germany:
May 2017 - All Formats (Units)

01 (01) MARIO KART 8 (NINTENDO)
02 (NE) PREY 2017 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
03 (04) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
04 (06) FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (05) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
06 (03) HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
07 (NE) FIRE EMBLEM ECHOES: SHADOWS OF VALENTIA (NINTENDO)
08 (NE) INJUSTICE 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
09 (RE) OVERWATCH (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10 (02) TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: WILDLANDS (UBISOFT)
11 (NE) FARPOINT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
12 (10) MINECRAFT (MICROSOFT / NINTENDO / SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
13 (12) BATTLEFIELD 1 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
14 (18) MAFIA III (TAKE 2)
15 (11) CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
16 (07) LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
17 (08) MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
18 (14) WATCH DOGS 2 (UBISOFT)
19 (RE) LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 17 (ASTRAGON GAMES)
20 (19) RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD (CAPCOM)

Week 29, 2017 - GfK Entertainment Press Note

8BZvc.png

Italy:
Week 28, 2017 - Individual Console (Units)

4ImiCVS.jpg

Switzerland:

mf2Bby8.png

Australia:

L4iEuoa.png

New Zealand:

FScg6.png

Spain:
June 2017 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
02 (03) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
03 (06) PS4 HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (NE) PS4 TEKKEN 7 (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
05 (04) PS4 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE (UBISOFT)
06 (NE) NSW ARMS (NINTENDO)
07 (02) PS4 FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
08 (05) PS4 ROCKET LEAGUE (505 GAMES)
09 (09) 3DS YO-KAI WATCH 2: FLESHY SOULS (NINTENDO)
10 (07) 3DS YO-KAI WATCH 2: BONY SPIRITS (NINTENDO)

BmPRT.png

Greece:
April 2017 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (02) PS4 FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
02 (06) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
03 (01) PS4 HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (08) PS4 NBA 2K17 (TAKE 2)
05 (04) PS4 UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
06 (07) PS4 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2017 (KONAMI)
07 (RE) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
08 (RE) PS3 NBA 2K17 (TAKE 2)
09 (RE) PS3 FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (RE) PS3 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2017 (KONAMI)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MjzWH.png

Ireland:

lHu2yH0.png

Belgium:

fPcfZ.png

Netherlands:

Mh9KZ.png

Sweden:

WquyV.png

Finland:

0A0qT.png

Denmark:

YHFbe.png

Norway:http://angi-nordic.com/nsm/nsm/topplister/

Note: These charts are no longer updated.

PAL Charts - Week 25, 2017
PAL Charts - Week 26, 2017
PAL Charts - Week 27, 2017
PAL Charts - Week 28, 2017

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
From the other thread:

Good result - people only looking up the charts arent getting the full picture.

Great start for Splatoon 2 outselling the first game.
Unit wise it barely missed the Top Spot but it also much more expensive than the Crash nSane collection or the first Splatoon on WiiU. Context is important.

The fact that the Switch installed base is quite limited means that game will gave a more difficult time charting this year.

Interested to see what type of legs it will have in Europe/UK. Good to see BotW back in the Top 10 thanks to the bigger Switch shipments.

Bruno MB

01 (03) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 29,000
02 (NE) SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO) - 28,000

Zedark

From the other thread:

Good result - people only looking up the charts arent getting the full picture.

Great start for Splatoon 2 outselling the first game.
Unit wise it barely missed the Top Spot but it also much more expensive than the Crash nSane collection or the first Splatoon on WiiU. Context is important.

The fact that the Switch installed base is quite limited means that game will gave a more difficult time charting this year.

Interested to see what type of legs it will have in Europe/UK.
Other context is that Crash' performance is absolutely Nsane, so not beating it doesn't mean a bad performance per se.

jonno394

28k is a solid opening for Splatoon 2 assuming the game will have decent legs over the next 12 months.

It's a great game and the multiplayer is a blast.

cw_sasuke

Other context is that Crash' performance is absolutely Nsane, so not beating it doesn't mean a bad performance per se.

Thats a given, it was the best selling game last month worldwide with only 2 days of sales i think. Just wanted to response to the Splatoon performance since its doing quite well compared to the first game even though its more expensive and the install base.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...crash-bandicoot-just-beats-splatoon-2-to-no-1

Sales of the platform game, which are remakes of the original three Crash Bandicoot titles, rose 59% over last week and saw it reclaim No.1 from Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. The Square Enix title took a 85% sales drop week-on-week, and it slips down to No.7.

[...]

Splatoon 2's launch marked the arrival of new Switch stock into the market, which has boosted sales of both Mario Kart 8 (sales up 60% and back at No.4), and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (sales up 20% and now at No.6).

Elsewhere, Cars 3: Driven to Win, the new game from resurrected studio Avalanche, makes the charts after failing to do so last week. It reaches No.34.

28k sounds really freaking bad I am sorry. UK is really not a viable Nintendo market outside for Mario and Zelda - at least it feels like it.

I'd say that's a fair opening for splatoon 2 given that it is a new franchise to many who never had a wii u. It will be interesting to see the legs, because if it's updated as much as the last game that could drive sales for a while.

Hasney

28k sounds really freaking bad I am sorry. UK is really not a viable Nintendo market outside for Mario and Zelda - at least it feels like it.

Console is sold out so is doing as well as it possibly can hope. Third behind Zelda and MK8 isn't horrible. What do you expect?

cw_sasuke

What numbers would make you "feel" good for a game like Splatoon 2 on a system that has such a low installed base ? Why would you expect it to outsell Zelda or Mario Kart ?
As brilliant as Splatoon 2 is, I hope it doesn't completely overshadow ARMS.

Wont happen...since ARMS doesnt ask you for money (yet).

bombshell

01 (03) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 29,000
02 (NE) SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO) - 28,000

Wait, did we get first week number for Crash? Or are you estimating from something else?

Edit: Oh, probably the Splatoon 1 to Splatoon 2 percentage comparison.

jonno394

28k is not bad, it's just not great. WHen you think there are only 150-200k Switch in the UK (I'm guessing here, could be more, could be less!) you're looking at a 15-20% attach rate for WK 1, which for a leggy multiplayer title doesn't sound too bad.

Bruno MB

Code:
[Week 26, 2017] 01 (NE) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) > 110,000 / NEW
[Week 26, 2017] 01 (01) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) > 24,000 / > 134,000 (-78%)
[Week 26, 2017] 03 (01) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 18,000 / > 152,000
[Week 26, 2017] 01 (03) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 29,000 / > 181,000 (+59%)

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy cumulative sales are above 181,000 units. First week numbers is based on it having a better debut than No Man's Sky which approximately sold 110,000 units.

We also know that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age debuted selling over 18,000 units, this weeks the game had a huge 85% drop.

Mory Dunz

Arms didn't get a bump like the other two.

28K decent enough for splatoon.

Feels like we don't get many countries these days. Spain France Germany Italy updates seem sporadic

Console is sold out so is doing as well as it possibly can hope. Third behind Zelda and MK8 isn't horrible. What do you expect?

Console is sold out for games like MK8D and Zelda, apparently not for ARMS or Splatoon 2.

I don't have a number that I would have exptected.

Edit: Never mind. If the console is really at 200k, it seems like an okay number, nothing bad nor good.

bombshell

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy cumulative sales are above 181,000 units. First week numbers is based on it having a better debut than No Man's Sky which approximately sold 110,000 units.

We also know that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age debuted selling over 18,000 units, this weeks the game had a huge 85% drop.

Do we know the ceiling of first week?

Zedark

Hmm, BOTW Switch below FFXII, while the summed BOTW is above FFXII. BOTW Wii U is not in top 40, so the two total numbers for FFXII and BOTW must be roughly the same. We know FFXII > 2,700 (but mind that the top bracket can be very large, since we have no bounds for that except the 95k lower bracket for FFXV AFAIK).

faridmon

Glad my day 2 copy helped

But yeah, Switch is sold everywhere. Was looking one for my sister and its impossible to find, hence there is a ceiling for Splatoon's sales

I expected the Switch restock to be more substantial.

It's basically sold out already, again.

Having called shops, the next shipment is mid August but its very small. The next big shipment is 1st of September

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Crash is crazy!
Good debut for splatoon, considering the install base, but especially good bump from Splatoon to MK8 and Zelda.

Crumpo

Well done Crash! Good to see some more stock coming through now, just as the holidays are starting.

Did I read that Cars 3 tie-in right? That Avalanche (JC and Mad Max) made it?

Zedark

Games like Dishonored 2, Fallout 4, Rainbow Six Siege: did they jump because there were discounts or because the holiday season started (or both)?

Domstercool

Well done Crash! Good to see some more stock coming through now, just as the holidays are starting.

Did I read that Cars 3 tie-in right? That Avalanche (JC and Mad Max) made it?

Should be able to finally pick it up now then.

And wrong Avalanche. :D

Taker666

I'm sort of surprised Splatoon 2 did better than the first game (even though it's on Switch vs Wii U).

I saw floods of tv ads for the first game in the UK...but I've personally yet to catch one tv ad for Splatoon 2.

jonno394

Arms didn't get a bump like the other two.

Arms was always the least likely to receive a boost from Splatoon 2 launch, it's likely you either buy one or the other, not both at the same time. Zelda, 1 2 Switch and even MK8D offer something completely different to SPlatoon, whereas in essence, Arms and S2 are very similar, online focused multiplayer titles.

Splatoon 2 is the kind of game that probably did well on digital sales, specially since it's so small in file size and it is cheaper on foreign eShops than in UK retail.

Top Bottom