• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Gator86

I’m with you John. Number chasing ruins the game. People are so caught up on loot bullshit that the forget the whole point of loot is using it, not getting it.

People act like waiting 8 months for a Gjallarhorn to make that moment SO EXCITING makes up for 8 months of playing while feeling left out. I’d much rather not be excited when I get it but actually have fun using it for a longer time.

If I get a sick looking new armor piece and it’s lower Light - why the fuck would I care about light? People are grossly overestimating how important that number is. Being 275 or 285 or 295 or 305 is literally the same damn thing outside Prestige NF. Every enemy will take the same amount of shots to kill.

Best Destiny is when you have nothing left to chase. Like HoW, when every Raid was viable via Etheric Light and so was PvP and so was everything and we had re rolling so everybody ran around with perfect loadouts. What did we do? Everybody had basically everything. You’d run VoG or Skolas not for loot but for fun. You’d play Crucible trains - not hoping for a drop since you had your TLW/Benevolence/BTRD setup perfect - but just for fun.

TTK was a downgrade in every meaningful way outside QoL but by far the biggest issue was enabling this number chasing mentality.

It's possible to have meaningful progression and a loot chase while still being engaging. I really feel like Diablo 3 nailed it and I remain dumbfounded as to why Bungie didn't steal more of it. Paragon scores, repeatable content like greater rifts, playstyle changing gear, extensive customization, etc. They need more of that.

Imagine if Lost Sectors had random modifiers, maybe with procedural generation, and were endlessly repeatable. Imagine exotics that actually meaningfully change how you play the game. Faster fucking sidearm ready speed for Hunters? Jesus, Bungie.

molnizzle

If your base 300 or 305, it will matter, until then it's nothing

Vendors rotate their Engram PL from 295-300 including the weapon from exotic quest

You have to hit soft base cap to get it working in your favor

Once your 305, there's websites where people input info to let others know which Vendor is at 300
It's universal for everyone, but you have to be again at soft cap of base 300 or 305 with mods

What are these websites?

305x3 and first I've heard of this. I thought the planet vendors were worthless to me now.

I can play 1 or 2 hours a day usually and the game is pretty much dry for me at this point.

I´m talking about vertical progression that is entirely gone in Destiny 2.

Make 305 easily attainable for everybody - fine, but leave some bars in there for me to fill up.

Random rolls - gone.
Grimoire - gone.
Exclusive strike gear - gone.

There are little things that could be done that would not disrupt the playerbase that I would really appreciate.

How about a quest on every exotic - 10.000 kills - BOOM - exclusive ornament. I´d be up for that.

Super cool ship for completing 100 Strikes? Cool shader for 100 Crucible matches?

Right now it´s "Thanks for showing up - here´s all the gear" and I´m not a fan.

I think you and I would have fun just chatting about the pros/cons of d2 versus d1. For the most part, I agree with a lot of what you've been saying on this topic.

I still find myself playing d2 every night and looking forward to it... but it's definitely a massive downgrade in a lot of ways versus d1. They clearly didn't build this game for the people that sunk the most time into d1, it was built for those that spent the least, which sucks.

And yeah, the "thanks for showing up" comment couldn't be more accurate. Exotics, Trials gear, Raid gear, etc. are just handed out now and no longer feel special in any way. I won't be able to participate much in Iron Banner next week due to vacation, but i feel like it wont matter. As long as my clan plays I'll probably come back to free IB rewards anyway... WELL EARNED, RIGHT?

The problem here is that I really hate the PVP, and I don't have a team for the raid, I'm also underleveled for the raid at 269.

So for me, who hates PVP and can't raid, there is only flashpoint, nightfall and clan rewards for now, which feels like a dumb roadblock.

It's not necessarily about the numbers going up, It's about being able to get new guns and cool gear. Right now that part of the game is gone for me. "Oh, that gun is awesome, too bad It's 7 power levels lower than the one I have equipped." Same with armor.
Not sure if you know this but in Destiny 2 you don’t have to wear the items with the highest power level. Your drops stay the same no matter what you wear (as long as you have the highest PL items somewhere on your character or in the vault) so you can wear all PL 10 items and be fine on that front. And any PL greater than 240 will have you over leveled for all content but the raid and nightfall, so if you like running strikes, doing heroic PEs, etc you can keep doing those and keep getting drops even without your highest PL gear equipped.

If they didn’t have the cap at 265 you’d just have leveled to 300 after a few more hours of getting random drops so I’m not sure what they could do here otherwise. Once you got to 300 you’d have pretty much the same problem and nowhere to improve.

Somebody, anybody help me with this NF. Have cleared all the others up to this one but can't even manage to make it past the double ogre part.

GutZ31

I know we are polarized on the topic, but please keep in mind that we are all in this together.
Be constructive, without attacking each other.
And overall else;
DishonestPaleBluebottle-size_restricted.gif

Sambrez_

Destiny 1.2 would be nice. 10 locations to visit. Plus new tower, farm, and Reef. Public events all over the place.

Original tower and weapons gone? That's fine. We got attacked. Cabal are all in our system fucking shit up. Make the old planets harder. Flood them with cabal, since that's the theme. 2 is such a disconnect from 1. :(

I'd pay to play the locations, strikes, PVP maps, and Raids of D1 in D2. The 3C didn't change, it's a bummer all this content is not used.

Gator86

I think you and I would have fun just chatting about the pros/cons of d2 versus d1. For the most part, I agree with a lot of what you've been saying on this topic.

I still find myself playing d2 every night and looking forward to it... but it's definitely a massive downgrade in a lot of ways versus d1. They clearly didn't build this game for the people that sunk the most time into d1, it was built for those that spent the least, which sucks.

And yeah, the "thanks for showing up" comment couldn't be more accurate. Exotics, Trials gear, Raid gear, etc. are just handed out now and no longer feel special in any way. I won't be able to participate much in Iron Banner next week due to vacation, but i feel like it wont matter. As long as my clan plays I'll probably come back to free IB rewards anyway... WELL EARNED, RIGHT?

I kind of hate the clan system. It's comically punishing for people who just want a small clan with their real friends. What's the point of the weekly XP caps aside from a "fuck you" to people not joining a huge reddit clan or something? You are locked out of all the perks for months because you can't level up with a small group.

Bungie is obsessed with the idea that I want to make internet randos my friends.

TsuWave

I just wanted more content to D1 Y3 to be honest.

facts. i said this in the previous OT and i still stand by it:

wish i could have the new content, as in, the planets, public events, milestones, strikes, lost sectors, story missions, weapons/gear, transferred to Destiny 1. would be playing that with the quickness.

This week a good week to do the prestige NF?

I did it this week after a few tries with someone else from GAF. It was very doable once we finally got a real feel for everything. I think we finished with like 1:30 on the clock and we still messed up a bit that run. It's I definitely harder than last week's.

The important part is good super usage to deal with the harder rooms and burning down ogres quickly. We did it with a Voidwalker Warlock, Striker Titan, and Gunslinger Hunter with Celestial Nighthawk. We had two linear Fusion rifles and a Wardif Coil that we used on majors.

Random rolls - gone.
Grimoire - gone.
Exclusive strike gear - gone.

Random rolls = bad rolls. I'm glad to never get another Eyasluna with Grenadier & Exhumed.
Grimoire Score - meh. Who wants to grind sidearm kills?
Exclusive strike gear is gone, but every planet now has a full set of gear.

Right now it´s "Thanks for showing up - here´s all the gear" and I´m not a fan.

Are you referring to clan engrams? Because up to 4 engrams per week for being in an active clan hardly seems like "here's all the gear", especially when the Trials and Raid engrams don't give armor. Nothing else is "thanks for showing up". Everything else is play the game, you'll get rewards. I'm over 100 hours in and I don't have half the exotics. I don't even have half the legendaries I want. Why won't you give me Mananan, Gunsmith!

Destiny 2 has achieved what made Diablo great: you can progress in any activity. Doing patrol, pub events, high value targets? Great. Doing strikes? yep. And you have control over your drops. You want Better Devils? Grind Crucible for Shaxx tokens. Want Lost Pacific shaders? Go to Titan.

People snark about Destiny 1.2 or 1.5, but remember, this is Destiny 2.0. The game and systems are starting narrow and will be expanded in time. Also remember that we're not in a TTK or ROI situtation where this content has to last a year. We have Seasons coming up AND we have two expansions this year.

I kind of hate the clan system. It's comically punishing for people who just want a small clan with their real friends. What's the point of the weekly XP caps aside from a "fuck you" to people not joining a huge reddit clan or something? You are locked out of all the perks for months because you can't level up with a small group.

Bungie is obsessed with the idea that I want to make internet randos my friends.

In the beginning I agreed, but now I no longer care. No point in worrying about more/better rewards when there's nothing left to obtain! lol

xviper

I see no correlation tbh. All the things I could do in D1 right now are things that are entirely absent in D2.

this happens in a lot of games, they remove some things from the newest game which were in the older game, so they can add them later and let the players think that they keep supporting the game

same thing happened with Halo 5, at release, there was no Big team battle, which was present in all of Halo games, few weeks later they added it back, same thing happened with Forge mode

i'm still waiting for Prison of elders in Destiny 2, i liked it in D1

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

It's crazy how they still gated most activities at 265 though. Like on one hand, they are literally handing out freebies, on the other hand, they had this soft cap at 265 that told people 75% of the activities in the game are now useless.

It's like they went out of their way to make sure there are just a handful of short 30 minute to an hour activities to do every week. The only thing the hardcore got was the raid and the prestige nightfall.

Like how hard would it be to up the light level on Adventures and give you a powerful engram for completing four on a planet every week. Same goes for Lost Sectors. Increase the difficulty to 300 and give a powerful engram for completing five like they do for heroic public events. Do the same for Ikora's Story missions and heroic strikes.

Gator86

In the beginning I agreed, but now I no longer care. No point in worrying about more/better rewards when there's nothing left to obtain! lol

Agreed. It's more the principle for me now that I'm done with the game. It would have been really useful for my friends still leveling up to benefit from my play though. It's just a dumb system they should change now instead of dragging their feet on for years.

If I wanted to make friends with internet weirdos I have dozens of better tools than Destiny. Let it go, Bungie.

Like how hard would it be to up the light level on Adventures and give you a powerful engram for completing four on a planet every week. Same goes for Lost Sectors. Increase the difficulty to 300 and give a powerful engram for completing five like they do for heroic public events. Do the same for Ikora's Story missions and heroic strikes.

The Adventures / Lost Sectors are another area I think Bungie really failed on. There is a lot of GOOD content there that's practically worthless. It's weird they didn't force it into the story somehow or at least (as you said) make the rewards worthwhile for people at any level in some way. They put the time into making these great side activities that d1 lacked, yet failed to make them enticing.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Random rolls = bad rolls. I'm glad to never get another Eyasluna with Grenadier & Exhumed.
Grimoire Score - meh. Who wants to grind sidearm kills?
Exclusive strike gear is gone, but every planet now has a full set of gear.

Random rolls, sure I get, but you can at least use the new Mod system to help change up playstyle on the gun
Right now you only apply elemental or for Kinetic a +5 attack boost

Why not have counterbalance or other mods from those random rolls be in there so people can mix and match which gun they like with a Mod
I mean mods aren't some game breaking thing, like at least there would be a chase and players trying out certain mods on certain guns

Everyone chased Grimoire Score, you going meg, yet you participated at getting the score higher
You visited areas searching for those ghosts, scanned objects for lore, and just using weapons and killing enemies upped your score
It doesn't hurt anyone having a Grimoire Score, hell it helps extend the game

You keep yapping that Destiny 2 is going to be this grandiose thing to come and we shouldnt take what we played for 3 years into consideration to this new title cause they want to start fresh

Yes every planet has a set, try to farm for more than 10 minutes and chest start be coming empty, then you either brute force the Timer reset or go to orbit and come back down
After awhile it becomes tedious to do it over and over, sometimes the Anti-Farm triggers way too quickly, sometimes it doesn't

Most people aren't wrong in the assumption that for all the streamlined progression they did make, the regressed a lot of things the could've brought forward and it wouldn't have hurt anyone

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've been on and off on this thread and discord and I've seen numerous people say that the game is in a bad state because it encourages getting on for a few hours throughout the week to get your stuff and gear and get off. It's a game meant to be played for not that long but with greater rewards. These people making these points get immediately lambasted by the casuals or adults or people in general who don't have enough time to dedicate to the game for progression but still wants to feel like they are making progress in the game. I firmly believe that the people who have been praising the game for taking a much more handed approach in dishing out gear simply do not understand game design, has their selfish heads shoved so far up their ass, or simply don't care for the longevity and popularity of the genre. At the end of the day you want to draw in large crowds to make the party look fun. You want a ton of people to play the game and have a good time. Have the game designed for casuals. That's an alright mindset. However, when you alienate your hardcore base entirely by only having to cater to the casuals then you've made a mistake that's equally damning if you abandoned the casuals.

For the life of me I cannot understand people on this board who've made comments throughout the past few weeks about how the game is fine in its current state. It's fucking not. It's not rocket science but there is a world where you can create a game that caters to the casuals and the hardcore at the same time. It's not fucking black and white. Yet some people are so moronic (for the reasons I laid out above) that they can't see one of the major problems in the game. There is no carrot to chase for the people who play this game exclusively. Contrary to popular belief, there are some people out there that only play one game. Whether it's PUBG, League of Legends, Dota2, etc. Destiny is meant to be a game with a ton of replayability. At its core it's a loot game (if you think it's not then you're fucking wrong). The game has an extremely easy barrier of entry but its depth and longevity is absolutely hampered. I don't know if this was done intentionally but it is. In a perfect world you have the game designed in a way where casuals can progress easily and have the hardcore truly work hard for some of the extra perks.

I made an off-handed comment that there are some few extra ways to make this work. Why not make it really easy to max power level and get max level gear? This way it creates a sense of progression for the people that don't have a large amount of time throughout the week. For the people that want to really invest, give them a method for customizing and tweaking their loadout. It gives the sense that everyone is on the same numerical power level, but for the people who want to really invest some serious time in the game, they have some reward to work towards. Something tangible. Maybe make all the guns the same power level and give the hardcore players the ability to modify the mods on the guns a bit more deeply than the current system.

The activities are there but the rewards aren't there for the hardcore. There are ways to make it so you're making everything playable for the casuals but still reward the hardcore by having them work towards rewards that would make activities a bit easier. If mobile games can do this and Destiny can't? Then I just don't know.

Bold One

Holy hell, I've never seen the Destiny subreddit more salty. A lot of it over this line:

DeeJ: My challenge to every Guardian is to look to the human element in Destiny 2 to fuel your appetite for ultimate re-playability.​

He's absolutely right. I could quit playing right now, I've got the platinum, have 3x characters at ~305, have a bunch of the exotics. But why would I? I'm having so much fun.

Last night I did the NF with 2 members of my raid crew and we had a blast coordinating taking down Knights and Ogres, blasting anomalies. I love the new Nightfalls. Luke talked about the goal of strategizing and they nailed it. Every week we run the raid and we get better. And we're learning all the roles. Last night I spent time in Gardens with Hawkian giving him some tips for navigating around the dogs for his newbie runs. We weren't even raiding, but we were having fun.

Destiny has always been worst when you're not rewarded for playing. How fun is it to run 3x Nightfalls every week and not get Hawkmoon? How fun is it to be stuck at 5 medallions and be unable to win? How much fun is it to get Gjallarhorn a week before the nerf? How much MORE fun would it be to have Gjally for a full year? Nobody would care about Gjally if it was just rare, people cared because you could blow up the whole goddamn world with it. Remember grinding away at SRL to get a 320 helmet? Blergh. Remember Crimson Suicides to get a 320 ghost? Fuck that.

And here's the thing. Light level has ALWAYS BEEN A SHAM! How different did the game play when you were a fresh 20 at power 208 vs now when you're 305? No different at all. How big a deal was Light really in D1's Iron Banner when everyone was 90-100% of Max Light? No different at all. It's just a number. Don't worry about it.

Destiny has always been best when you have people. I've had the same raid crew for nearly 2 years and it's been fantastic. I realize how blessed I am there (and that not everyone has that). These guys were just randoms that I met here in the OT looking for a raid one December. Same with my Trials team. I found Igor and Ape when they weren't the all-stars they are now and just spent time playing with them. Focused on improving my game and having fun. And I've found more people along the way just being part of DGAF.

Are there things that I'd fix about Destiny 2? Absolutely, but it's in a very good place right now, and I'm really enjoying my time spent with it and my friends.
The psychology of the hardcore Destiny player is a perplexing one, perpetually in want and eternally uncertain of what.

GlamFM

Banned
BTW, I really like the thread title.

I’d made me realize something that I couldn’t put my finger on before.

I don’t like the token system.

I've been on and off on this thread and discord and I've seen numerous people say that the game is in a bad state because it encourages getting on for a few hours throughout the week to get your stuff and gear and get off. It's a game meant to be played for not that long but with greater rewards. These people making these points get immediately lambasted by the casuals or adults or people in general who don't have enough time to dedicate to the game for progression but still wants to feel like they are making progress in the game. I firmly believe that the people who have been praising the game for taking a much more handed approach in dishing out gear simply do not understand game design, has their selfish heads shoved so far up their ass, or simply don't care for the longevity and popularity of the genre. At the end of the day you want to draw in large crowds to make the party look fun. You want a ton of people to play the game and have a good time. Have the game designed for casuals. That's an alright mindset. However, when you alienate your hardcore base entirely by only having to cater to the casuals then you've made a mistake that's equally damning if you abandoned the casuals.

For the life of me I cannot understand people on this board who've made comments throughout the past few weeks about how the game is fine in its current state. It's fucking not. It's not rocket science but there is a world where you can create a game that caters to the casuals and the hardcore at the same time. It's not fucking black and white. Yet some people are so moronic (for the reasons I laid out above) that they can't see one of the major problems in the game. There is no carrot to chase for the people who play this game exclusively. Contrary to popular belief, there are some people out there that only play one game. Whether it's PUBG, League of Legends, Dota2, etc. Destiny is meant to be a game with a ton of replayability. At its core it's a loot game (if you think it's not then you're fucking wrong). The game has an extremely easy barrier of entry but its depth and longevity is absolutely hampered. I don't know if this was done intentionally but it is. In a perfect world you have the game designed in a way where casuals can progress easily and have the hardcore truly work hard for some of the extra perks.

Wow, I only play Destiny, but ya got me. A selfish moron with my head up my ass.

giphy.gif

GraveRobberX

BTW, I really like the thread title.

I’d made me realize something that I couldn’t put my finger on before.

I don’t like the token system.

Don't worry, every activity will be Token based

Just wait until you trade in Tokens for Big Tokens then Token for Big Tokens for Humongous Tokens!

Tokenception!

There is a token exploit on IO:
1: Use the “Director” and fly to IO and land in the Lost Oasis Step 2: When you spawn, go left and where you reach the lost sector. Step 3: Run in the cave, there are 4 boxes you can shoot without even messing with an enemy. Step 4: run out of the cave and back in to repeat. Super fast and super easy....like 4 boxes in 20 seconds easy...

I haven;t tried it yet, but I saved it just in case.

That was for Faction Rally you noob, last week

He's asking for Io Tokens, you know farming for Planetary Tokens who within 10 minutes of farming trigger empty Chests...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That post insults me a lot kayos. I don't know if you care.

It should be okay that not everyone is looking for the same things out of a game. It should also be okay to realize that a game is not for you. Dedicate your time to things that you enjoy and abandon wholesale the ones you don't.

There is no melodramatic rift over the soul of gaming taking place here. In my opinion there is nothing more interesting happening here than the top end of the spectrum having exhausted the content and vertical progression and entering the variable intensity complaint phase until more content is released at which point the cycle repeats. I see nothing I haven't seen many times before.

Anyway so it goes. I hope anyone else who is still enjoying the game isn't discouraged.

You know, there's nothing wrong with being passionate about a position but you're actually hurting your argument if your angle is to insult or demean people who hold a differing position.

There's no need for that at all.

GlamFM

Banned
You know, there's nothing wrong with being passionate about a position but you're actually hurting your argument if your angle is to insult or demean people who hold a differing position.

There's no need for that at all.

Right. I feel like we are having a pretty level headed discussion here - lets keep it that way.

(Will have to check discord later to see if everybody is going “fuck this Glam guy” again)

Bold One

Fun fact!

Even though I have played D1 hardcore for 3 years I still have more to do in D1 than in D2 RIGHT NOW.

I have at least 10 quests I never completed, Grimoire score to grind and Shaders/Ships/Emblems/Sparrows I could go after for my collection.
I'm guessing there is a reason you never felt compelled to complete those incredibly engaging tasks and quests.

molnizzle

I for one would be perfectly happy if all these "hardcore" players quit Destiny completely. We'll be fine without you, thanks.

Cornbread78

Don't worry, every activity will be Token based

Just wait until you trade in Tokens for Big Tokens then Token for Big Tokens for Humongous Tokens!

Tokenception!

That was for Faction Rally you noob, last week

He's asking for Io Tokens, you know farming for Planetary Tokens who within 10 minutes of farming trigger empty Chests...

tumblr_om82z9x1z01w39871o1_500.gif

ocean

Banned
Fun fact!

Even though I have played D1 hardcore for 3 years I still have more to do in D1 than in D2 RIGHT NOW.

I have at least 10 quests I never completed, Grimoire score to grind and Shaders/Ships/Emblems/Sparrows I could go after for my collection.
I mean do you have more fun playing D1? Because if you don’t you’ll just be getting shaders you won’t wear and sparrows you won’t ride.

I have pretty much everything anyone could care to have in D1 except for god Luna - but I still have fun in D1 Crucible. There’s no loot I want in D2 but I play it because it’s also fun.

Shouldn’t the “something to do” in a game be....enjoying playing? 🤔

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That post insults me a lot kayos. I don't know if you care.

It should be okay that not everyone is looking for the same things out of a game. It should also be okay to realize that a game is not for you. Dedicate your time to things that you enjoy and abandon wholesale the ones you don't.

There is no melodramatic rift over the soul of gaming taking place here. In my opinion there is nothing more interesting happening here than the top end of the spectrum having exhausted the content and vertical progression and entering the variable intensity complaint phase until more content is released at which point the cycle repeats. I see nothing I haven't seen many times before.

Anyway so it goes. I hope anyone else who is still enjoying the game isn't discouraged.

Intensity aside, maybe if there's a certain quantifiable number of complaints, it's an issue??

You keep yapping that Destiny 2 is going to be this grandiose thing to come and we shouldnt take what we played for 3 years into consideration to this new title cause they want to start fresh

Most people aren't wrong in the assumption that for all the streamlined progression they did make, the regressed a lot of things the could've brought forward and it wouldn't have hurt anyone

My arguments are not that D2 is ok because it's going to be great. I despise that argument. Like people defending the perk tree going to just 2 branches by saying "it's okay, this means they can add another branch later." No. Don't defend something on some imaginary later improvement.

My argument is I'm enjoying D2 as is. I'm excited about what they'll add, but I'm happy with what we have now.

That doesn't mean there aren't improvements I desperate want. The anti-farm timer you mention sucks. There are so many chests and planetary mats that it's so easy to hit and you might not even notice. And the mod system feels undercooked. I'd love to have 2 mod slots of weapons. Same for armor. And a lot of TTK/ROIs improvements are sorely missing. Hunters need a team-based support class ability, not reload/melee recharge.

You play 3x as much as me, so I'm not trying to invalidate your concerns. Ideally the game should cater to both of us. I'm just speaking to my experience and my conclusions.

GraveRobberX

I prefer "King of Normal, Healthy People" if you want to put a title on it.

No no take your Crown and Scepter, cant have a King without his crown and not bestow his knowledge amongst the peasants

Please tell us, how the hardcore hurt you

LTWood12

Anime avatar uses adults as pejorative. That is my kind of 90s-ass bullshit.

But seriously, despite your assertions, you can actually like Destiny 2 AND have played the shit out of it. Your hour count isn't even that high compared to many here who are still enjoying it.

I am loving D2 more than D1. It respects my time. No more FOMO or having to chase rolls to stay competitive. No endless grind to increase a number. I even like Trials more in the new 4v4 format.

I'll take meaningful content drops over arbitrary things to grind any day of the week.

I can't say this enough, thank you Bungie. I'm going to keep playing D2 because I enjoy it. I don't need anything to chase to enjoy myself.

Deku Tree

I am loving D2 more than D1. It respects my time. No more FOMO or having to chase rolls to stay competitive. No endless grind to increase a number. I even like Trials more in the new 4v4 format.

I'll take meaningful content drops over arbitrary things to grind any day of the week.

I can't say this enough, thank you Bungie. I'm going to keep playing D2 because I enjoy it. I don't need anything to chase to enjoy myself.

Agree

i understand that you want to spend more time grinding with the game, i respect that, but for me, the best thing about Destiny 2 is that you can reach max level without forcing players to play a certain activity, and you can reach max level without wasting so many time of your life grinding and grinding and grinding

i like how simple Destiny 2 is compared to Destiny 1( especially year 1), i don't have time to play games like before anymore

although it would be cool to add VERY FEW items that can only be obtained by completing long challenges like finishing the raid 50 times, or killing 10000 player in the crucible, that would show who has been playing the game for so long

back in the Taken king days, i was 319, i only needed a 320 arm to reach 320( the max level) i kept getting a 319 and below arm for longer than a month, which was frustrating, everything was 320 except the arm, i kept playing and playing until i finally got it and then stopped playing the game for good, now in Destiny 2, all the gear you get are the same level, before this week's reset, i was 304, i just needed a 300 warlock band, and i got 4 warlock bands, all of them are 300 and i added a mod to one of them to get it to 305, you see, you don't get lower gear than what you need like before, you don't have to deal with horrible RNG anymore
same here. I love the fact that Legendary and exotic Gear and Roll Locked. You get the weapon as it was intended to be.

Plus, the new system allows me to play what I like instead of playing what I don't like.

Top Bottom