• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Any new rumors about destiny 2? I'm planning on going full fledge into it after quitting 1 a week after release. I'm foaming for details. Happy holidays!

So I just played my first strike. I think it was the level 4 strike. The very first one the game asks you to complete.

I had a great time. The whole time there was no communication between the fireteam. Is that typical? It was with random players.

I'll be attempting the Crucible a bit later. My cousin keeps bugging to get into Overwatch.

Edit:
Since I hadn't played in nearly 4 months, I forgot how to do even the basics! Couldn't aim, forgot how to high jumps, couldn't even remember how to get to orbit or even call the sparrow!

If anyone is playing today and wants to run Vault of Glass raid now or in a couple of hours, Gutz and I are up for it...

Just let us know. First timers are most welcome. There is no requirement as such, you just need to be level 23 to enter normal VoG.

If anyone is playing today and wants to run Vault of Glass raid now or in a couple of hours, Gutz and I are up for it...

Just let us know. First timers are most welcome. There is no requirement as such, you just need to be level 23 to enter normal VoG.

And they have to be drunk. It's christmas. Its tradition. Drunk Destiny play is the best play

NeOak

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

giphy.gif

Merry Christmas!

Dez_

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm not particularly active, but it's always a pleasure playing with this community. Hope everyone has a nice holiday.

Happy Christmas!

I had a great time. The whole time there was no communication between the fireteam. Is that typical? It was with random players.

Normal. You can opt into voice chat, and can even set the game to do so automatically when you are solo matchmaking, but even then there's usually no talking. You will see waving and dancing and whatnot on occasion (by heavy boxes especially).

stn

Ok, need some advice here. I'm trying to build a defender Titan with the highest possible intellect and discipline. I have a light level of 354. I'm currently using the Khvostov Exotic as my primary weapon. Any armor I should look out for? I was thinking to get the Helm of Saint 14 and then farm for the highest possible armor with intellect and discipline. Good idea?

njean777

I haven't played this game in about a year, last left off on the taken king expansion. Is the rise of iron worth me buying? I would like to play it again but don't want to waste my money of the player counts are dwindling. Is the game still lively? (On PS4 btw)

phen0m24

Ok, need some advice here. I'm trying to build a defender Titan with the highest possible intellect and discipline. I have a light level of 354. I'm currently using the Khvostov Exotic as my primary weapon. Any armor I should look out for? I was thinking to get the Helm of Saint 14 and then farm for the highest possible armor with intellect and discipline. Good idea?

If you're a defender, you want Saint 14 period. Then yeah like you said just check your rolls as you get drops - but realistically, you might want to keep specific ones until you hit that great int/dis roll. For example reload gauntlets (for your favorite primary class), or heavy ammo boots, etc. I play Control a lot, so I kept boots with Capture King as a perk.

But for a Defender, St. 14 is your world.

CLBridges

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has a good day. After I eat and rest a bit I'm gonna grind until this game gives me the damn ophidian aspect gauntlets for my warlock.

toff74

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has a good day. After I eat and rest a bit I'm gonna grind until this game gives me the damn ophidian aspect gauntlets for my warlock.

Would love them too.. Over 350 3-of-coins down and still out of luck.

Why can't I stop the grind? Lol

Anything special at the tower for Christmas?

anyone up for nf/bounty?

also has bungie ever mentioned why they didnt implement a proper lfg tool?

nope.

Because random players are terrible and a detriment to the raids which require super coordination and a tight nit group of guardians. Granted Destiny LFG sites exist and prove that wrong but Bungie just shrugs.

Also Merry Dawning everyone!

Can not get an exotic for love or money, not even from shaxx bounties. Got a crimson ghost at 400 after a control match. It's something i supose

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
So I just bought the collection on sale, and this postmaster has items to instantly increase my level to 25 and 40, and something called dust, do I need to use these?

So I just bought the collection on sale, and this postmaster has items to instantly increase my level to 25 and 40, and something called dust, do I need to use these?

You dont need to use any of them if you don't want to. Level boost to 25 is nice because it instantly allows you to start the Taken King content, which is of considerably higher quality than what comes before and unlocks the third specialization for your class. Also gives you a lot of level 25 gear.

No idea if the l40 boost does the same and jumpstarts your gear to Rise of Iron's gear level.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, Merry Christmas Guardians! Hope ya'll had a stellar one.

I am still hilariously sick but finally getting better, and looking to put the next WotM Newbie raid together for something in the next few days, so stay tuned if interested.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
You dont need to use any of them if you don't want to. Level boost to 25 is nice because it instantly allows you to start the Taken King content, which is of considerably higher quality than what comes before and unlocks the third specialization for your class. Also gives you a lot of level 25 gear.

No idea if the l40 boost does the same and jumpstarts your gear to Rise of Iron's gear level.

Hmmk, would you say the full experience is just ignoring those boosts though? I don't exactly mind working my way up as long as I enjoy it.

Defender specific must have exotics - Helm of St.14(pve) and No Backup Plans(pvp).

For Titans in general - Twilight Garrison(pve+pvp) and Ruin Wings(pve).

Armor rolls are random, so you can't exactly farm for int-dis gear. What you can do is use glass needles (bought from Xur) to re-roll high-stat exotic gear. You can check the roll % of your gear by using a gear app like Destiny Item manager, Tower ghost, etc.

Also if you have unlocked the Days of Iron armor from the RoI book, you can pull out as many armor pieces as you want. They will roll with random stats every time so when you get a high rolled int/dis one, you can use that :)

The grind to level 40 for a fresh character is a long one. If you have the time and don't mind repeating activities for xp, then don't use the boosts. But if you want to get into the higher level content faster and don't want to grind a lot, use the boosts.

Destiny has 3 classes - use the lvl 40 boost on the one you like the most and keep the lvl 25 one for another character.

Once you get to level 40 you still have to get your Light level up which is a totally separate grind altogether.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The grind to level 40 for a fresh character is a long one. If you have the time and don't mind repeating activities for xp, then don't use the boosts. But if you want to get into the higher level content faster and don't want to grind a lot, use the boosts.

Destiny has 3 classes - use the lvl 40 boost on the one you like the most and keep the lvl 25 one for another character.

Once you get to level 40 you still have to get your Light level up which is a totally separate grind altogether.

At what point would I know if I like the class more than another though? Should I play each class to level 10 or something?

At what point would I know if I like the class more than another though? Should I play each class to level 10 or something?

your enjoyment of the classes will be derived from their talents, not their levels, and those... those take quite a god damn while to develop, and their xp is independent from level or total item level aka light level. All classes have (broadly) a ranged nuke(s) spec, a close-quarters nuke(s) spec, aaaand an utility spec.

Would watch some youtubes to see which toys you want, and go from there.

Researching the characters/classes and their abilities is about the only way as at Level 10 you'll barely have anything unlocked regarding class perks.

The most popular ones are generally Hunter (Nightstalker), Titan (Defender), and Warlock (Sunsinger) but there is more to it than that especially when it comes to mobility/jumping/grenade/super characteristics and then PvP/PvE.

Stay away from Warlocks and you'll be fine :p

All classes have 3 sub-classes, with different abilities: Grenades, melee, supers, perks etc.

When you start a class fresh, none of the abilities will be unlocked. You can swap sub-classes on the fly but they need to be leveled up and that takes a long time. So, no..playing each class to level 10 will not help honestly.

Just look at videos of the classes and sub-classes on youtube and figure out what you like best.

tl;dr
Titan. The correct answer is TITAN.

Stay away from Warlocks and you'll be fine
Titan. The correct answer is TITAN.

Sacriledge. I love my warlock.
except the good for nothing jump. God, it infuriates me. Grrrrr

Titan for starter. Lightning grenades for life. And they have the best exotic pieces of armour. Helm of St 14, armamentarium and dunemarchers.

Top Bottom