• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Twilight Garrison bruh.

ElQLQ0.gif

Yeah, true, but its fugly...

bpfd

Has anyone else had trouble downloading the entire collection that is on sale right now? I bought this today and have tried downloading it multiple times and it always seems to get corrupted or something and the download stops.

It's been really frustrating. I've tried over wifi, plugged in with an Ethernet cable, and on different Ps4's. I have almost 300 GB of free space too. Trying to download it with the system on it would always crash at 208 MB. Trying with the system in rest mode would get it farther but eventually it would stop as well.

Something else I have noticed is that the game doesn't show up on the xmb while downloading either. I was able to buy and download gta5 today with no issues.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Just played online competitive for the first time. Got my butt handed to me! I'm typically the lowest level player!

Still playing now. Psn = Astronut325.

Edit:
I'm getting annihilated! 4 kills, 16 deaths.

Any tips on improving?

Kluster

Neo Member
Just played online competitive for the first time. Got my butt handed to me! I'm typically the lowest level player!

Edit:

Any tips on improving?

I'd say find your personal kind of weapon, what are you playing with for now ? Me for example I play better with scout rifle and I'm embarrassingly bad with hand cannons :/

Edit:

Any tips on improving?

Embrace the meta: fastest RoF pulse rifles and high impact shotguns. PVP is probably at its lowest point right now with a ton of other games out there and bungle not giving a shit about the balance of weapons and connections in the crucible.

Play 6v6 modes like control, and play for the objective. Don't worry about KDs, just try to learn the maps and how to use your abilities (grenades, supers) at the right time and place.

phen0m24

Edit:

Any tips on improving?

Like ruthless says, if you don't have a pulse rifle like Hawksaw or Clever Dragon or Grasp of Malik, you'll notice many others do.

Just find what gun you feel comfortable with and use that. As far as tips go, I'll give you a few I've learned from other people:

DON'T FORGET YOUR GRENADES:
Hunter? Throw trip mines at the wall by cap points and ammo boxes. Never throw them at the floor. Always. The. Wall.
This also goes for Striker Titan lightning grenades.
And it's best to throw them behind enemies who once they see you, will forget all about them and BOOM.

Playing Defender? Magnetic sticky grenades are a one hit kill on almost everyone.

Warlock grenades are all really good.

Teamshoot. I have a BAD habit of trying to go 1 v 1 or 1 v 2+ instead of following teammates. I can't tell you how many times I've strolled up and fired twice to kill 2 enemies left weak after an encounter. Double kill = nice.

WATCH YOUR RADAR. USE IT. UUUUUUUSSEEE IT!
The best players are constantly checking radar and anticipating opponent movements. "Clear that way? Enemies must be pushing from the other way..."

DON'T SLEEP ON YOUR SUPER.
"Oh I have a super, let me wait until I see 4 enemies all clustered together..." next thing you know is: "30 seconds left"

If you are a striker and you come around a corner and there's an enemy, smash him. If you play control, smash the points, the ammo boxes, the heavy. But better to smash one guy and get the kill (and make an orb for your team) than to do nothing.

ASSISTS COUNT:
I hear the really good pvp people complain sometimes about "Oh I just got 12 assists" but guess what:
THEY HELP YOUR TEAM. If your teammate gets a kill the score adds his score plus your assist. Assists add up. :)

Don't yell at your tv/monitor/controller. I can say it doesn't help. :p

Like ruthless says, if you don't have a pulse rifle like Hawksaw or Clever Dragon or Grasp of Malik, you'll notice many others do.

Just find what gun you feel comfortable with and use that. As far as tips go, I'll give you a few I've learned from other people:

Hunter? Throw trip mines at the wall by cap points and ammo boxes. Never throw them at the floor. Always. The. Wall.
And it's best to throw them behind enemies who once they see you, will forget all about them and BOOM.

Playing Defender? Magnetic sticky grenades are a one hit kill on almost everyone.

Teamshoot. I have a BAD habit of trying to go 1 v 1 or 1 v 2+ instead of following teammates. I can't tell you how many times I've strolled up and fired twice to kill 2 enemies left weak after an encounter. Double kill = nice.

The best players are constantly checking radar and anticipating opponent movements. "Clear that way? Enemies must be pushing from the other way..."

"Oh I have a super, let me wait until I see 4 enemies all clustered together..." next thing you know is: "30 seconds left"

If you are a striker and you come around a corner and there's an enemy, smash him. If you play control, smash the points, the ammo boxes, the heavy. But better to smash one guy and get the kill (and make an orb for your team) than to do nothing.

ASSISTS COUNT:
I hear the really good pvp people complain sometimes about "Oh I just got 12 assists" but guess what:
THEY HELP YOUR TEAM. If your teammate gets a kill the score adds his score plus your assist. Assists add up. :)

Hahahahah so true, so true,

Woorloog

Banned
Almost done with leveling (Warlock) to 40. And somehow i haven't managed to touch Taken King content yet. Story-wise stuff has been really... meh. I have no idea what i'm doing, why i'm doing it, or anything like that. House of Wolves and The Dark Bellow seemed slightly better but still somewhat uninteresting. At least they had fun combat encounters. And the sword was hilariously fun to use in those missions it was available.
And the story-line rewards... Ugh. They really couldn't bother updating them so that they'd be useful? Really disappointing to find stuff that would have been useful 20-25 levels ago... At least the Stranger's Rifle with Full Auto seems semi-useful in PVP, every other weapon i find is worthless (too slow or weak).

Anyway, those issues aside, this is fun, mostly. Combat and Strikes are rather satisfying, and getting loot is fun.
Except i get really shitty teams in PVP (i'm usually near the top of scores of my team, so it ain't my fault).

Also, any Xbox One players, please add me, gamertag Empyrus.

created a hunter.
bankex some 365+ circuit gear, which, as i noticed, has no level requirement, and a 160 sparrow.
stroll around with a l4 hunter with LL 160+
try a race

ten seconds in front of second place

whoever decided to make each character have his own elo rating was onto something
either that or i just got phenomenally lucky with the matchmaking
Almost done with leveling (Warlock) to 40. And somehow i haven't managed to touch Taken King content yet. Story-wise stuff has been really... meh. I have no idea what i'm doing, why i'm doing it, or anything like that. House of Wolves and The Dark Bellow seemed slightly better but still somewhat uninteresting. At least they had fun combat encounters. And the sword was hilariously fun to use in those missions it was available.
And the story-line rewards... Ugh. They really couldn't bother updating them so that they'd be useful? Really disappointing to find stuff that would have been useful 20-25 levels ago... At least the Stranger's Rifle with Full Auto seems semi-useful in PVP, every other weapon i find is worthless (too slow or weak)..

as soon as you do two or three taken king missions, you're gonna realize what a mistake that was.

(i did the same thing)

Woorloog

Banned
as soon as you do two or three taken king missions, you're gonna realize what a mistake that was.

(i did the same thing)

I tend to focus on one thing at a time, regardless of a game, don't like jumping around too much. Besides, i understood that technically TTK follows the events of The Dark Below so i figured i should do things in order.

I'd say find your personal kind of weapon, what are you playing with for now ? Me for example I play better with scout rifle and I'm embarrassingly bad with hand cannons :/

I have no clue what weapons I'm using. My primary is some pulse rifle with a rating of 166. My secondary is some sniper rifle with a rating of 165. And my heavy is some machine gun with a rating of 177. The machine gun I got just a little while ago from playing a 6v6 control match. My prior heavy was some rocket launcher with a rating of 150. In this match... I got 7 kills, and 8 deaths. A small improvement.

Embrace the meta: fastest RoF pulse rifles and high impact shotguns. PVP is probably at its lowest point right now with a ton of other games out there and bungle not giving a shit about the balance of weapons and connections in the crucible.

Play 6v6 modes like control, and play for the objective. Don't worry about KDs, just try to learn the maps and how to use your abilities (grenades, supers) at the right time and place.

Yeah... I've mostly been playing the 6v6. Most players are level 40. I'm usually the lowest at level 29. And I notice that most others only need to get two or three hits on me. While I need to get 4 to 5 hits typically. I presumed it was more powerful weapons that are playing in their favor.

I have been ignoring grenades though. I need to step that up. I'm currently a defender and I'm still not good at using my super.

ASSISTS COUNT:

This is very highly appreciated. Playing as a defender titan (I think?). I've only completed one strike thus far. Should I complete the other strikes to get a better primary/secondary weapon?

And yes, I try to follow my teammates, and try to assist as much as possible. And I don't know about the guns. I'll pay attention to the names of the guns I have. My weapon ratings are between 160-177 right now.

And I have resisted yelling at the screen thus far! And I have not thrown my DS4 yet! :D

I have no clue what weapons I'm using. My primary is some pulse rifle with a rating of 166. My secondary is some sniper rifle with a rating of 165. And my heavy is some machine gun with a rating of 177. The machine gun I got just a little while ago from playing a 6v6 control match. My prior heavy was some rocket launcher with a rating of 150. In this match... I got 7 kills, and 8 deaths. A small improvement.

Yeah... I've mostly been playing the 6v6. Most players are level 40. I'm usually the lowest at level 29. And I notice that most others only need to get two or three hits on me. While I need to get 4 to 5 hits typically. I presumed it was more powerful weapons that are playing in their favor.

I have been ignoring grenades though. I need to step that up. I'm currently a defender and I'm still not good at using my super.

This is very highly appreciated. Playing as a defender titan (I think?). I've only completed one strike thus far. Should I complete the other strikes to get a better primary/secondary weapon?

And yes, I try to follow my teammates, and try to assist as much as possible. And I don't know about the guns. I'll pay attention to the names of the guns I have. My weapon ratings are between 160-177 right now.

And I have resisted yelling at the screen thus far! And I have not thrown my DS4 yet! :D

Normal crucible the light level does not make much of diference, so yes, better weapons will be the deciding factors.

If you are playing as a defender, use your bubble to cap capture points on control. Armour of light is the best option to start with. Your team mates will love you. The downside is that enemies will be atracted to it like moths to light. Stay in the bubble and let them come to you. Then punch like there is no tomorrow. Magnetic grenades are great. But supresor grenades will knock enemies super out (you will need to practice your timming with those). Do the gunsmith trial weapons. After rank 2 you will start to get legendary weapons, and some of them are quite good.

Above all, dont stress about K/D ratio. Specialy on control matches. Try to get objectives, or defend them. During heavy round, if needed stay back from the following chaos for a bit. When everyone has spent their heavy, and if you still have yours, targer cap points.

You can also try to maximize striker sun class on mayhem matches. No one really uses their weapons on those matches. Just grenade and suppers all the way

Zocano

I need to do the nightfall, anyone think they can help me through it real quick?

I need the bounty and the book thing

edit: Also hey new thread smell.

Also hey I made it onto the big-list-of-posts.

Of course it's that post.

I need to do the nightfall, anyone think they can help me through it real quick?

I need the bounty and the book thing

edit: Also hey new thread smell.

Also hey I made it onto the big-list-of-posts.

Of course it's that post.

Are you still looking for the nightfall? I have a friend who is too but I cant make it.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Hmm no raiders... any titans need to do the outbreak prime quests then? Trying to help my son finish off the quest.

I was about to volunteer for the Nightfall strike, but then I researched it. Need to be level 38 with a light score of 380! I'm not there yet. Still have a long ways to go! :(

I need to jump on nightfall, if anyone is in. (PSN Swillhound) no mic unless you really want me to dig it out.

Edit:
Hmm no raiders... any titans need to do the outbreak prime quests then? Trying to help my son finish off the quest.

Oh! I'm totally down for this, if by chance you still have need!

Top Bottom