• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Dez_

I'm away from my system for a few ATM, still need 1 more brave soldier for 3xNF

Edit* NM, apparently Destiny is dead these days. SRL killed it

Did you get NF done this week? I know it's probably too late now.

Racing is a lot of fun, is this a standard gamemode or some event thing that will go away?

It's going to be around for one more week, I believe. However, you will be able to race the tracks in custom games.

Dthomp

Did you get NF done this week? I know it's probably too late now.

It's going to be around for one more week, I believe. However, you will be able to race the tracks in custom games.

No, I'm going to try again to do x 3 later today, I'll look out for you

Dez_

No, I'm going to try again to do x 3 later today, I'll look out for you

Ok, cool. Send me an message if you need a third. I've got psn app, so if I'm home I should be able to help. Still addicted to Titanfall 2 for my multiplayer urges.

So... uh.... am i missing something or is there no way to call a vote to kick afk's?

Unfortunately not. I just go and report any afk strike players and move on. Don't know if that actually helps, though but it makes me feel better.

Lol, Xbox are console/account banning people who do cash for carries/account recoveries, I presume in conjunction with Bungie. They should never have changed the card system as it bred a monster, some people make $1k + every single weekend :d

Deku Tree

Lol, Xbox are console/account banning people who do cash for carries/account recoveries, I presume in conjunction with Bungie. They should never have changed the card system as it bred a monster, some people make $1k + every single weekend :d

Can I get a Link? I want to read about this... I wonder if PS will do it?

Will they ban twitch streamers who do carries for donations on stream? Like that guy Smoke420x and many others.

Can I get a Link? I want to read about this... I wonder if PS will do it?

Will they ban twitch streamers who do carries for donations on stream? Like that guy Smoke420x and many others.

Just from people I know, I'll edit it but at the moment its just account recoveries as thats an easy ToS strike, but apparently they want to shut it all down, not sure how without them changing there ToS

Edit Xbox are striking people who have multiple accounts on there Xbox, I presume its cross referenced with Bungie

Deku Tree

Just from people I know, I'll edit it but at the moment its just account recoveries as thats an easy ToS strike, but apparently they want to shut it all down, not sure how without them changing there ToS

Edit Xbox are striking people who have multiple accounts on there Xbox, I presume its cross referenced with Bungie

Oh so it's people who are doing account carries. Makes sense. Thanks.

Paid boosting has been going on in MMO type progression games as long as those games have existed.

I can't wait to read

"We have discovered a bug that kept Ice Breaker from dropping."

My guess that will be in vicinity of when Destiny 2 drops, maybe a month or two before that. This way, the carrot on a stick for nostalgic folk keeps them around and playing and perhaps purchasing silver for future events. I mean, based on how encounters are in this game currently and how they "addressed" cheese in old strikes, Ice Breaker is not the GOAT that it was in Y1, but its cool to have.

Other items:

1) Anyone interested in grinding/boosting SRL this week on PSN? I am willing to help but I ask for 1st on Mars (need 2 more of them for the SRL Book 1 completion).

2) So, I think the big rumor/expectation is that the Y1 raids will be back in April. Assuming that is the case and they bring forward all the armor/weapons to Y2, what do you think they will do for Black Spindle? Spindle is obviously an exotic Hammer for Y2, but if Hammer itself comes back, why would anyone ever use Spindle if you had both? Hammer would free up an exotic slot AND it does extra damage to hive (which would work for CE, I think Kings Fall as well as strikes with Hive bosses.

While I know there are many legendaries that are almost replacements for most exotics, I dont think any are quite in the same boat as Hammer and Spindle as the two are the same gun save one is exotic (and the legendary has the hive distruptor perk). In addition to adding a Hive Distruptor + Will of Light perk (so extra taken and hive damage which would fit in lore wise) to Spindle, what perks would need to be added (probably hidden) or tweaks to Spindle to make the choice between Hammer and Spindle more difficult? For starters I would think they would need to match or exceed the Hammer's base numbers (according to the database the Hammer has 15 points higher base stability for example). From there, as innate perks, at the very least I would say Triple Tap. So 3 precision shots would not only trigger White Nail and refill the mag from reserves BUT add an additional bullet to the mag. Essentially this would be a step toward the original white nail perk such that 9 precision shots in a row would grant you 1 extra mag from the ether. In addition maybe Hidden Hand or Counterbalance so that its easier to hit precision shots? There really needs to be a reason to pick the exotic over its like for like legendary counterpart IF CE comes back.

Deku Tree

The rumor is that VoG may be back and updated somehow for the April update. Nobody said all raids will be back. If they update Crota and KF too then it's gonna be a simple LL bump.

Dez_

I mean... there were rumors like that last year too. People expected to see the Year 1 raids to be Taken-ified. Would be pretty nice to make the first two raids relevant again. I'm not really expecting it, though.

FyreWulff

sounds like they're just checking for xboxes with lots of accounts recovered to them

CLBridges

Bringing the old raids forward would be cool. It'll be hype for a few weeks and then...

Forgive me for being negative, I just really want some information on Destiny 2 sooner than later.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, no reason not to do it first; writing with the TTK is of a much higher caliber than the earlier stuff.

Ps: added you on XBL.

Added you... Xbone's notification system is too subtle, i didn't realize you had added me before reading your post.

Also, started a Titan. This is way more fun than i thought it would be. During the beta so long ago, i played a Warlock and a Hunter, not sure if i even tried a Titan.

phen0m24

So I got my kids a Wii U Christmas before last, because they thought it would be something they'd use, given their 3ds use. Long story short: it bombed, and they barely used it. I ended up trading it in with all the games and got a PS4 Pro at Thanksgiving, meaning we had two PS4s in the house. My son then tells me a couple days ago "I wish we'd gotten Splatoon on the Wii U, it looks pretty good." Why he was suddenly watching Splatoon videos I've no idea. I tell him I had asked them if they wanted it back when it came out, and they said no. I then said "but I do have another shooter that's quite popular on the PS4, you know." So now my 14 year old is playing Destiny. I'm hoping for a Mercury carry at some point, though his early play has been shaky. My wife said "now I have to listen to two of you swear at that game??"

lol that's awesome. Well not the WiiU part, mine is a glorified paperweight as well

Yeah, no reason not to do it first; writing with the TTK is of a much higher caliber than the earlier stuff.

Ps: added you on XBL.

Obviously she needs to play too.

My kids played with the Wii U for like 12 hours. Now they both have PS4s and just play Destiny. Not even kidding, my 6 year old has 2 Eyasluna and 2 Matador already. It's insane. He's 369

Added you... Xbone's notification system is too subtle, i didn't realize you had added me before reading your post.

Also, started a Titan. This is way more fun than i thought it would be. During the beta so long ago, i played a Warlock and a Hunter, not sure if i even tried a Titan.

Welcome to Titan Master Race

What's the quickest way to get better weapons? Doing strikes or playing Crucible? I'm a level 30 titan, and I keep getting my butt handed to me in 6v6, 3v3 and Everyone vs me! Most people need to get one to two shots on me. I keep having to land multiple headshots to get a kill or 5-6 body hits. In my most recent match, I had 7 kills, 6 were precision kills.

FyreWulff

What's the quickest way to get better weapons? Doing strikes or playing Crucible? I'm a level 30 titan, and I keep getting my butt handed to me in 6v6, 3v3 and Everyone vs me! Most people need to get one to two shots on me. I keep having to land multiple headshots to get a kill or 5-6 body hits. In my most recent match, I had 7 kills, 6 were precision kills.

strikes, just the constant engrams falling should make you climb up in gear level gradually

Dez_

Weapon damage is normalized for everyone in regular PvP matches, but is going to matter with weapons are the perks people are rolling. Once you hit level 40 is when you'll really start to get more options to getting a variety of gear. Crucible matches have a chance to drop weapons, but I suppose it's worth asking what type of weapons you are using in the crucible mostly?

The most effective weapons you'll probably see are high rate of fire pulse rifles, like the Grasp of Malok or the Clever Dragon, but that isn't to say other weapons aren't viable to use. A good number of weapons generally kill in 3-5 shots, headshots matter as well. There are also different archetypes of each weapon (slow rate of fire pulse rifle, medium and high rate of fire). It really comes down to understanding the weapon, the perks it is rolling with and learning the maps. There are a ton of other variables to consider in pvp, which can understandably make things frustrating when it feels like everyone has health for days, while you go down like you're playing CoD or something.

It ultimately comes down to practice and understanding, but I'd say focus on hitting level 40 first. It shouldn't take you too long, just doing regular bounties for the day. Once you start earning legendary marks, you can at least start looking at vendor weapons to see what you might like.

Deku Tree

It sounds like Destiny 2 will have regular, small-scale narrative based updates

Tidbits from gaming side:

My understanding is that after Destiny 1, Bungie put together a "story team" that was led by a director and producer and worked closely with other departments, like sound and cinematics (since one of the problems with D1's original story was that it was written in isolation). In April of this year, there was some political drama at Bungie and a large exodus, which included the heads of the story team. I assume this "narrative department" is just that same structure with a different name. Bungie is big on names.

So I guess I finished the main story and got this stranger's rifle, apparantly I also have 30 of these legendary marks and can "ascend" it, is this a good idea?

The rumor is that VoG may be back and updated somehow for the April update. Nobody said all raids will be back. If they update Crota and KF too then it's gonna be a simple LL bump.

Nobody wants updated KF though.

Just give us VoG and Skolas (minus the 5 waves).

So I guess I finished the main story and got this stranger's rifle, apparantly I also have 30 of these legendary marks and can "ascend" it, is this a good idea?

Not really, it won't ascend it past 170 so it will be useless for LL enabled content. You can still use it in normal crucible though.

Number45

27 nightfalls between me and some of my clanmates with no Icebreaker drop. None of them since the update have been particularly frustrating, but the first week we get a nope NF I'll probably skip with this drop rate.

It will make it jump from a level 16-required gun to a level 20 -required gun with 170 light; current gear is level 40-required that goes to 400 light. Eventually the Stranger's Rifle will stop being useful even if you ascend it, but if you like it this will keep it useful for a while longer. (Your damage output will be scaled down, slowly then harshly, for being under-light/level compared to the bad guys).

Top Bottom