• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

10 more fucking 11 pulls later,

20901500_10156518536098989_900238066576254336_o.jpg

Fuck you Gumi. Fuck you Exvius. Fuck you brain. Fuck you addiction. Fuck you me.

robotuw

Did Gumi finally release a trial nobody can do on the first day? I doubt it but it looks like this is the closest they've gotten yet. Problem is they fell down on the rewards side. People wanted to beat Aigaon because the rewards are a huge boost to a lot of characters. The Marlboro rewards are not BiS for anyone except maybe the materia, and all it's going to do is add 20% hp. If Gumi wants me to hotly anticipate some berserk-mitigating new unit that will finally crack this trial they failed.

No wonder why they are adding microtransactions to literally every game. Even games like Shadows of Mordor.

Yo, I knew I was part of the problem when I bought some Modern Warfare loot boxes. After I did it I literally slapped myself. Thankfully that was only one time, and I got what I wanted so never again.

Did Gumi finally release a trial nobody can do on the first day? I doubt it but it looks like this is the closest they've gotten yet. Problem is they fell down on the rewards side. People wanted to beat Aigaon because the rewards are a huge boost to a lot of characters. The Marlboro rewards are not BiS for anyone except maybe the materia, and all it's going to do is add 20% hp. If Gumi wants me to hotly anticipate some berserk-mitigating new unit that will finally crack this trial they failed.

Dark Fina really should have had some form of innate Whip MAG mastery. Would make this thing beastly for her. It's still nice because of the killer effects, but outside of that dual wielding Mateus's Malice will continue to be the way to go.

Alkez

Problem is they fell down on the rewards side. People wanted to beat Aigaon because the rewards are a huge boost to a lot of characters.

A lot of characters? The only top tier unit that could make use of those rewards when the trial released was Aileen lol. Rikku as well if you missed her weapon from the event.

bonkeng

A lot of characters? The only top tier unit that could make use of those rewards when the trial released was Aileen lol. Rikku as well if you missed her weapon from the event.

Don't forget that we also got the equip fist materia. Which makes any unit a powerhouse when paired with Robot Arm and Fist Mastery. Not to mention World Destroyer is also great.

Compare that with Malboro's reward and we can all see how underwhelming Malboro rewards are lol.

I'm personally not touching Malboro yet, coz I don't feel the need to beat it asap unlike Aigaion.

As for everyone here, as it's been said time and time again; don't ever chase rainbow units. Yes, it's possible to pull what you want immediately, but those odds are astronomically low. Don't ever bet on those odds. If you are prepared to whale, and I mean WHALE, then brute force is the only way to get what you want. But wtf kinda life is that? On this Nier banner alone I had to use about 250,000 lapis to finally pull A2. That is fucking crazy. I'm a fucking idiot and one day I'll hopefully forget my stupidity. Now I'm gonna go max a2 out and put her on a team with my 4 2bs and wreck this Malboro trial in one turn.

yeah right, you pull and pull and pull and you're never going to get ahead of the game. Theyll make another unit to chase that you "need". Secret is, we never actually need anything.

Otheradam

Took me total- 4 10+1 pulls, like 40 tickets and 2 4 star tickets. Got this on my very last ticket (the 4 star) after draining all my lapis. Now I have 4 9s too. I have no resources left.

HofQcIxl.png

Alkez

Don't forget that we also got the equip fist materia. Which makes any unit a powerhouse when paired with Robot Arm and Fist Mastery. Not to mention World Destroyer is also great.

Compare that with Malboro's reward and we can all see how underwhelming Malboro rewards are lol.

I'm personally not touching Malboro yet, coz I don't feel the need to beat it asap unlike Aigaion.

Yeah I did think of equip fist but I couldn't think of an example where it made a significant different in the BiS. The calculator hasn't been updated in ages though so I couldn't do any calcs. And while World Destroyer is good it's not I must do the trial asap good. It's more just an extra prize imo.

Either way I'm not arguing the point on the rewards, just that one comment made me say "wait a minute" lol. I do think Magic Wisdom is being underrated, especially considering how little health mages have.

Syntsui

Good news is, you guys will actually keep sharing A2 now that she is a monster chainer of catastrophic damage potential. The fact she can equip a fuck ton of elemental weapons most of which we have free Imperils with 9S make her leagues above any unit even on JP side IMO. Global won the dps war, fuck your TDH stacking.

robotuw

Good news is, you guys will actually keep sharing A2 now that she is a monster chainer of catastrophic damage potential. The fact she can equip a fuck ton of elemental weapons most of which we have free Imperils with 9S make her leagues above any unit even on JP side IMO. Global won the dps war, fuck your TDH stacking.

Word. Her being the meta queen is fun and all but more importantly her legacy is going to live on now that she's become the DPS equivalent of Tilith. This will also raise 2B's status as more people get her going for A2. We're going to be seeing Nier friends for a long time. If they really wanted to lay it on thick they'd announce JP enhancements for Nier but that window has closed I think.

Yeah the equip fist was what I had in mind. Only Aileen and Firion really benefited from Aigaion's rewards naturally when he released but there was a reddit thread talking about how tons of units got a boost even losing a slot to equip fist if you didn't have BiS equip already. Then Nier happened and now the Android Queen™ needs the arm as her BiS. Maybe Gumi will release a 5* unit later with whip mastery but even then it will be of limited use if you don't have that unit. The Marlboro's Eye should have been a whip mastery materia. Then this whole thing would have made a lot more sense.

evangd007

As for everyone here, as it's been said time and time again; don't ever chase rainbow units. Yes, it's possible to pull what you want immediately, but those odds are astronomically low. Don't ever bet on those odds. If you are prepared to whale, and I mean WHALE, then brute force is the only way to get what you want. But wtf kinda life is that? On this Nier banner alone I had to use about 250,000 lapis to finally pull A2. That is fucking crazy. I'm a fucking idiot and one day I'll hopefully forget my stupidity. Now I'm gonna go max a2 out and put her on a team with my 4 2bs and wreck this Malboro trial in one turn.

yeah right, you pull and pull and pull and you're never going to get ahead of the game. Theyll make another unit to chase that you "need". Secret is, we never actually need anything.

Those who forget the history of their own stupidity are doomed to repeat it.

How much is that in dollar terms?

Why would you do this to yourself? Just because she is the best dps unit?

You know full well that she will be outshined sooner or later. It's a never ending cycle.

Yeah I totally realize that. It was more like a fit of rage that I just had to have her even if she's gonna not be used. Almost like a trophy. Her being on a limited time banner also pushed me though. If she could be pulled down the line I wouldn't have cared nearly (Nier-ly) as much.

This mobile game is like an experiment delving into my inner most monster. The addictions, the longing for having it all, the gross negligence of real world values. It's pretty fascinating when I really psycho analyze myself.

It's odd, I feel like I'm in a state of nirvana at the moment.

Pejo

Yeah I totally realize that. It was more like a fit of rage that I just had to have her even if she's gonna not be used. Almost like a trophy. Her being on a limited time banner also pushed me though. If she could be pulled down the line I wouldn't have cared nearly (Nier-ly) as much.

This mobile game is like an experiment delving into my inner most monster. The addictions, the longing for having it all, the gross negligence of real world values. It's pretty fascinating when I really psycho analyze myself.

I didn't go quite as deep, but yea I spent more than i was allotting myself on this banner. Fucking limited units man.

The worst part is that this teaches Gumi the wrong (but I guess right for them) lessons. Build multiple 4* and 5* dual banners with limited units, and you get more money. Too bad the community (including myself) isn't strong enough to just protest and not buy lapis during stuff like this.

It's odd, I feel like I'm in a state of nirvana at the moment.

What I've learned from my days of Brave Frontier and dumping hundreds if not well over a thousand into it, that you should only pull if your current units are no longer viable enough to complete current content.

You'll never have it all unless you constantly throw money at the game. Also judging by past Gumi decisions, you can expect many more "limited units" to come. In Brave Frontier it's literally a new "limited" unit every month.

You're going to end up regretting this big time if you keep going.

What I've learned from my days of Brave Frontier and dumping hundreds if not well over a thousand into it, that you should only pull if your current units are no longer viable enough to complete current content.

You'll never have it all unless you constantly throw money at the game. Also judging by past Gumi decisions, you can expect many more "limited units" to come. In Brave Frontier it's literally a new "limited" unit every month.

Yep! However, they typically bring them back later for "last chance" type of shit which I wouldn't be surprised to see here as well.

I didn't go quite as deep, but yea I spent more than i was allotting myself on this banner. Fucking limited units man.

The worst part is that this teaches Gumi the wrong (but I guess right for them) lessons. Build multiple 4* and 5* dual banners with limited units, and you get more money. Too bad the community (including myself) isn't strong enough to just protest and not buy lapis during stuff like this.

Prepare your butts for the inevitable Kingdom Hearts banner.

Truth bomb right there.

Alkez

This topic makes me want to give Nier another shot. I got through 2B's side then raged on 9S.

O goodness don't even get me started on how annoying that was. It does get interesting though, but I didn't play the game for a few weeks after the first few hours of that story line because it was so dead.

I like Nier Automata (never played the first one) but my issue with that game is the gameplay is not that great, especially when compared to some of Platinum's other work (mainly Bayonetta). I was playing mainly for the story, so when they make you
replay the story
it's just not that interesting. Once I went back to it I realised there was more to it than that and as I say it gets kind of interesting, but at first I just had no desire to play through it lol.

Prepare your butts for the inevitable Kingdom Hearts banner.

People need to stop saying this because personally I like my money where it is, in my bank account, and not in Gumi's pockets. But Aqua...

bonkeng

About $1000. I use Amazon coins. Now I'm $2000 deep into Exvius.

The most Important thing is, you enjoy playing this game. I stopped counting on how much money I've spent on this game, as it doesn't serve any purpose.

I've spent over $10k on CoC and never regretted it as I've enjoyed that game immensely. My irl friends and I eventually stopped playing after 3 yrs and moved on to some other games.

evangd007

Nier banner is the perfect storm though. The units on the banner are highly desirable both due to being strong and due to being collab units with a new, popular game. Look at the Halloween banner. That was a split 5* limited unit banner back when troll rainbows were a thing, yet it didn't cause a ripple because the units were of poor quality both visually and in gameplay. They won't have many opportunities like the one the Automata collab afforded.

evangd007

I'm already terrified of Bravely Default banner. I love those games.

You know, I might hard hoard for that banner. I can complete content that's not bleeding edge trial content, and completing that is not terribly important to me. Why not just save for my favorite units at this point?

Syntsui

Some really incredible TMs on Bravely Default banner, the units not so much. What really matters is that Bunny Agnes is free.

Zalasta

Haven't gotten a single banner unit until today's daily, which was 9S, decided to try my luck with 10 tickets. No rainbow but I did get Eve, 4x21O and my first Ashe. Not a bad haul considering my pull has been shit for the last 2 months.

The most Important thing is, you enjoy playing this game. I stopped counting on how much money I've spent on this game, as it doesn't serve any purpose.

I've spent over $10k on CoC and never regretted it as I've enjoyed that game immensely. My irl friends and I eventually stopped playing after 3 yrs and moved on to some other games.

Wow. I'm racking my brain but what is CoC?

EDarkness

Lucky for me, there aren't any other units worth pulling for, so I've been chasing 2B since she's the unit I really want to have for the foreseeable future. The only things that might change that would be Kingdom Hearts, ChronoTrigger, or The World Ends With You banners. I don't think any of those will be happening anytime soon, so no worries there. The sad thing is I'll end up with A2, but no 2B and that's frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I know A2 is badass and she's my most badass unit so far, but that doesn't mean I'm not upset that I didn't get 2B. I've been trying to save up for one last try to get 2B, but at this point I've accepted that I won't get her. Won't stop me from trying again, though. Heh, heh.

Valonquar

Good lord these power cash pulls for A2... I can't believe how lucky I am that I got her on the 1st day from 1/2 off daily blue turned gold turned rainbow. She is a BEAST, especially paired with 2 Orlandaus & a friend A2. I get insanely easy 80 chains with them after the fix today using DRx2 & OHCx2. For kicks I've been going through the older trials and single rounding them. Really looking forward to getting A2's TM once enough beastlord moogles drop from raid summon.

Incidentally... what's with all the katanas Gumi is giving us that are WAY higher atk than the best TM katana??? I feel like Miyuki's katana deserves a boost or something.

Top Bottom