• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

No dupes but... I never asked for this

4MQMhpLl.jpg

3/11, all BSBs: Braska, Cid XIV, Ingus.

I now have all of Braska's relics except his first. The BSB seems good, although I'm starting to get overloaded on Flame Mage BSBs (Krile, Rubicante). Also, it's kinda strange that he has EnFire on both an SSB and BSB. Don't most characters tend to have an EnElement as a BSB or SSB and then an Imperil as an other?

Cid and Ingus appear like a decent combination for an Earth team. Cid's Reload CMDs seem unique, although I don't know how effective they are for quick Imperil stacking. Ingus can be an Earth DD or be useful for Tauntaliate via his CMDs. It's just a shame Ingus has no EnEarth access at all and that neither relic has +Earth.

Pejo

Definitely pull on today and tomorrow's lucky banners. They're a much better value than any of the full-price fest banners, which aren't really that amazing.

There will be 60+ free mythril rewards from the fest though, so even after you pull on both luckies, you can get enough to pull on another banner. I would recommend the Crystal Tower selection because you can choose an additional BSB after the 11-pull.

ETA: I've probably said this before but people on the Reddit site are being too tough on Tiny Bee. :) The BSB itself may suck but a gun with high MND is a very cool toy for the characters who can take advantage of it.

Thanks for the tips! Pulled today and got Lulu and Setzer Ultras. Either of them decent?

Balphon

Thanks for the tips! Pulled today and got Lulu and Setzer Ultras. Either of them decent?

Lulu USB is strong ice damage. Not the best, but close, though you'll likely have to have a decently-honed Chain Blizzaga to make the best use of it.

Setzer USB is the best in the game for debuff stacking, but can be a little awkward to use due to randomness of its chase effect. Synergizes very well with his LM2 if you want to dive him.

Lulu is a key component of my Fenrir Magicite team, but yeah, as stated you're going to want some BLK or Witch hones to use with it.

Setzer USB just came out last night as is a highly desired prize. Nice pull.

Pejo

Lulu USB is strong ice damage. Not the best, but close, though you'll likely have to have a decently-honed Chain Blizzaga to make the best use of it.

Setzer USB is the best in the game for debuff stacking, but can be a little awkward to use due to randomness of its chase effect. Synergizes very well with his LM2 if you want to dive him.

That's awesome, thanks for the rundown! I don't really have any hones in magic skills, never really used magic based teams or even mixed teams. Setzer makes me happy though, I liked his kit and I already have his BSB and one of his SSBs. LM2 = legend materia 2 I take it? I have a few of those but never even looked up what they do. I need to head back to the wiki for a while, it sounds like.

Lulu is a key component of my Fenrir Magicite team, but yeah, as stated you're going to want some BLK or Witch hones to use with it.

Setzer USB just came out last night as is a highly desired prize. Nice pull.

Thanks for the info!

Balphon

That's awesome, thanks for the rundown! I don't really have any hones in magic skills, never really used magic based teams or even mixed teams. Setzer makes me happy though, I liked his kit and I already have his BSB and one of his SSBs. LM2 = legend materia 2 I take it? I have a few of those but never even looked up what they do. I need to head back to the wiki for a while, it sounds like.

Yes.

Setzer LM2 adds a chance at a chase effect for support abilities that adds another debuff which stacks with all the stuff his USB does.

Legend dives are resource-limited but with Setzer BSB/USB it's probably worth investing in his.

BSB+ LD:
Y'shtola USB
Lion BSB

Lion's BSB seems pretty decent at least.

It's very powerful. Comparable to Vaan's, better in some ways.

Y'shtola USB is unfortunately terrible, in the running for worst USB.

ccbfan

I'm trying to complete Golem Magicite with a team of

Alphinaud (BSB, SSB)
Relm (BSB)
Mog (BSB)
Ysho (BSB)
Tyro (SG+Entrust)

Basic strategy is

1. Build meter at start.
2. Entrust Alphinaud to 2 meters.
3. Triple buff Alphinaudf with (Faith, Alphi SSB, MOG BSB)
4. Alphinaud (SSB -> BSB -> spam C1)
5. Relm + Mog + Ysho should be able to keep everyone alive until Rage mode.

So far I've tried it once with Alphinaud using MM and got him down to like 10 percent.

Am I better off giving him a damage relic (suggestions?).

Also I have about +15 Mag buff from magicite I need to level so I'm pretty sure I can take him down.

What would be better is if I could finally get an ice SB and take down Fenrir first.

I'm trying to complete Golem Magicite with a team of

Alphinaud (BSB, SSB)
Relm (BSB)
Mog (BSB)
Ysho (BSB)
Tyro (SG+Entrust)

Basic strategy is

1. Build meter at start.
2. Entrust Alphinaud to 2 meters.
3. Triple buff Alphinaudf with (Faith, Alphi SSB, MOG BSB)
4. Alphinaud (SSB -> BSB -> spam C1)
5. Relm + Mog + Ysho should be able to keep everyone alive until Rage mode.

So far I've tried it once with Alphinaud using MM and got him down to like 10 percent.

Am I better off giving him a damage relic (suggestions?).

Also I have about +15 Mag buff from magicite I need to level so I'm pretty sure I can take him down.

What would be better is if I could finally get an ice SB and take down Fenrir first.

I think you’re over healing here. Yshtola s bsb alone should be able to handle the damage.
Also, the rw lasts for a minute for both casts combined, so to about the 65 second mark, so I would forgo sg.

I had a similar problem with only emperor as my wind bsb.

Drop relm and add either another dps or entrustbot to feed alphinaud. Ninja Onion is great here, gust and raging storm. Or a black mage with meltdown and flare.

You have a good team base there, just need some tweaking based on your hones.

Well, had a great pull today in the face of my dupes yesterday. I got some of the stuff knocked off the anniversary banners lol.

Healer lucky 2/11: Y'shtola and Rosa BSB (both dupes, both reforged now)

Today's lucky 5/11 (all mage stuff, weird):
Rosa USB
Serah BSB
Garnet BSB2
Kefka BSB (dupe)
Relm BSB (dupe)

Man, everything good I get in this game is always from lucky draws. It's how I got Raines BSB, everything Agrias, TGCid OSB, Terra USB and OSB, all my Tyro stuff, all my healing BSBs... Why do I even pull on regular banners?!

Tidd

3/11 and still no EX mode USB :/

Papalymo OSB (I don't have anything else for him oh maybe his faithga but that has no synegery with the OSB, really thought this was Y'shtola's USB at first lol)
Rosa USB (dupe....)
Ramza USB (great!)

Balphon

2/11: Deuce USB, Rinoa CSB

Much better than yesterday's pull. CSBs are always great and I'm sure instant AoE raise will be useful at some point even if I already have Yuna USB.

Tidd

Oh and while we like to complain how shitty global is because of the changes we get for fest banners. We also got changes to the LDs. Because as you can see above in Officer.Sanchez gacha simulator post , the simulator has such a shitty selection. Global has all the hot stuff included!!!

2/11 no dupes

Lulu's usb doll. Hmm, I have two ssbs for her, so when I can get her to 99 her mag is going to be high. Only she and tyro can use this thing. Maybe useful for fenrir, but I can reliably take him out under 60 seconds now.

Vaynes OSB sword. Oh hey this one is +dark damage! And has mag, one of my highest. Standard big hit osb that may be phys or mag. My first dark OSB.

Any body have either of these and have impressions, I'm unfamiliar, they seem ok not great. How is vayne as a character, espwith just his OSb?

Man lots of new characters in the mc3 queue already, hopefully some more with the free pull in a few days.

Yda usb (had bsb already)
Ceodore bsb
Shadow lmr
Vayne OSB
Lulu usb
Maria bsb

So a fire, ice, earth, 2 darks, and holy in there. Pretty good spread. Throw in selphie USB and I have 7 new relics from three luckies and a 100 gem pull. Not too shabby at all.

Healer: Eiko BSB
BSB+: Braska BSB, Cid XIV BSB, Ingus BSB
6*: Eiko USB

I was personally hoping for a mage USB like Terra but it is certainly nice to finally have a healer w/ Last Stand (only other source is Gordon's BSB). Plus, her BSB will be a staple of my physical teams (especially Edge) going forward. I suppose the game just really wants me to use Ms. 6-Year-Old-with-Disturbingly-Flesh-Colored-Skin-Tight-Clothing Carol? Any clue when she will be LD-able?

MrDaravon

2/11, Lion's Darksteel Baselard & Lann's Yellow Alpha Arm

Both new, Lion's seems pretty decent actually (Pentabreak + short charge) but I don't have anything else for her so I don't know that I'd ever use this outside of CM's and I don't think there's another known FFXI event coming. Lann's is straight up LOL, and any use it might have gotten as a stat stick is eradicated by the fact that the +fire on it is locked to Beyond realm synergy. Like holy shit DeNA.

No dupes, but I'd be lying if I wasn't a bit disappointed as literally about 85% of the rest of the pool in this LD would have been much more useful for me.

WarAdept

Game is a piece of shit. All 3 banners have been completely useless to me.

1/11. Terra's Blood Sword.

Which I have 2 of already.

I'm going to rage pull on Shadow banner now.

If anyone wanted too much info on Setzer USB here you go. Not going to lie I had assumed I would really want other SBs to stack with it but looking at it like that it's not nessecary (or practical) in the slightest. Wonder how those calculations are changed with the general ability overhaul (as normal abilities generate more SB).

This does leave me thinking how should I spend my mythril. I have Edge USB so Shadow's version is not such a big deal so VI-1 is not the shoe-in I expected and while I'm still feeling some bits of the festival others are a tad repulsive. From a magicite perspective my biggest damage gaps are Ice (one en-BSB), Earth (two en-BSB) and Magic wind (nothing at all).

Lann's is straight up LOL, and any use it might have gotten as a stat stick is eradicated by the fact that the +fire on it is locked to Beyond realm synergy. Like holy shit DeNA.
If all colab characters are treated as badly as the WoFF ones I'm pleased we skip colabs. Heck beyond does not get synergy in the upcoming event.
I'm also an owner of Lann's OSB.

evangd007

6* lucky - Ashe OSB (dupe) and Marach USB

I suppose my luck was due for a downward turn. Full breakdown and magic blink? How uninspiring. Ashe's sword is 8* now.

Also game, I need Fire and Ice. I'm good on Lightning.

Kain

1/11 of course, Lenna's USB. It looks very useful and my only other hybrid boosts are Celes' old BSB and Deployment Tactics, so it's nice.

Xetherion

3/11 - Beatrix overstrike, Vaan overstrike, Rinoa chain, all new!

I use Beatrix a lot for her Imperil burst, so having her overstrike as well will be nice. Plus it's a 6* holy+ sword. Vaan overstrike is meh, but at least it's not a dupe. Rinoa chain is awesome, especially since Ice is my 2nd weakest element behind Water.

MrDaravon

Going through recent abilities since I've really barely been playing the game/burning stamina the last couple months due to work and other stuff (I seriously haven't even booted up Magicite Dungeons yet), are any of the following worth keeping/honing?

Necrofear
Dwindling Spirit
Leaping Rush
Dread Weapon
Reflecting Pool
Raging Waters

I have Kuja's OSB and I think a couple of other decent Dark user things (Gabranth BSB and someone else maybe?) but i'm not sure if that makes Necrofear/Dwindling Spirit actually worth using/honing to be honest. Dread Weapon just seems to be a physical version of Dire Heal which I also have never used or honed, Dark Orbs are my one huge bottleneck.

On the other hand Leaping Rush maaaybe seems okay for longer fights? OK is 100% on my A-Team pretty much always and he can use it, and I have a handful of other folks I use on a regular basis that can use it (Lightning, Zack, etc). Also is Reflecting Pool/Raging Waters actually worth it? I have Edge's BSB (just got it in the last 4 event) but that's the only notable Water SB I have.

I'm so far out of the loop since I haven't even looked at Magicite dungeons I don't even know how that may have changed what is worthwhile or not >_>. Trying to plan a bit for orbfest.

Xetherion

Going through recent abilities since I've really barely been playing the game/burning stamina the last couple months due to work and other stuff (I seriously haven't even booted up Magicite Dungeons yet), are any of the following worth keeping/honing?

Necrofear
Dwindling Spirit
Leaping Rush
Dread Weapon
Reflecting Pool
Raging Waters

I have Kuja's OSB and I think a couple of other decent Dark user things (Gabranth BSB and someone else maybe?) but i'm not sure if that makes Necrofear/Dwindling Spirit actually worth using/honing to be honest. Dread Weapon just seems to be a physical version of Dire Heal which I also have never used or honed, Dark Orbs are my one huge bottleneck.

On the other hand Leaping Rush maaaybe seems okay for longer fights? OK is 100% on my A-Team pretty much always and he can use it, and I have a handful of other folks I use on a regular basis that can use it (Lightning, Zack, etc). Also is Reflecting Pool/Raging Waters actually worth it? I have Edge's BSB (just got it in the last 4 event) but that's the only notable Water SB I have.

I'm so far out of the loop since I haven't even looked at Magicite dungeons I don't even know how that may have changed what is worthwhile or not >_>. Trying to plan a bit for orbfest.

Leaping Rush gets buffed in the future, definitely worth keeping i think. The new physical ninja skills also get buffed in the future, even though they're already good and definitely worth keeping.

I never use Darkness abilities except the occasional Dire Heal/Dread Weapon for the self heal, so maybe someone else can comment on their worthiness.

Ahnez

Lucky draw result

Medica: 4/11 Sarah, Penelo, Iris, Larsa BSBs
Bsb+: 2/11 Freya and IV Cid BSBs
6*: 1/11 Relm Ultra

Much better than what I was expecting.
But still I was kinda hoping for an EX ultra

ZangBa

I struck out pretty hard on the LDs. Minfilia USB, seriously, might as well have just given me Tyro's OSB, that thing is basically an SSB I'll never use.

Man I’m would love minfilias usb. Of course I have her bsb and Ssbs. She is a pretty decent entrust bot in between using the usb and the usb stacks with a ton of mag and atk boosts. Atk/mag/res up? Easy for double and triple stacking.

Wazzy

Banned
Lucky pull finally got me Rikku's Hyper G and then Gladius for Locke and Scissor Fang for Sabin. I was hoping for Seifer's Ultra but at least the pull is all new relics for me.

Top Bottom