• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Got Yuna's BSB2 and Aphmau's BSB from the first LD. Both are new. I'm pleased with that. (Especially after the garbage pulls I had on the FFXI event.)

Still really want Sarah's BSB.

Hey sparkly for the 100 gem, haven't seen that in a while...

Shadows lmr....start with en dark.

Very nice but I have literally no other sbs for him. Does this mean I have to pull on this banner now? I wasn't but now the allire of the dark ninja pulls at me.

Let's see how these luckies and free pulls go, maybe something will happen there hahahaha.

Or do I just take shadows bsb with the baby choice, which I really don't want to do either..

Hmm.

First world problems...

Rubenov

Hey sparkly for the 100 gem, haven't seen that in a while...

Shadows lmr....start with en dark.

Very nice but I have literally no other sbs for him. Does this mean I have to pull on this banner now? I wasn't but now the allire of the dark ninja pulls at me.

Let's see how these luckies and free pulls go, maybe something will happen there hahahaha.

Or do I just take shadows bsb with the baby choice, which I really don't want to do either..

Hmm.

First world problems...

The enDark will let you do great damage with the new Ninja abilities without needing anything else. Granted, with the USB you will do even more damage, but then that's just stomping over a grave.

Just hope you have enough orbs to hone them.

SOLDIER

Is the half off Lucky Relic banner worth doing?

Having a healing-type Relic could be useful, even though I was eyeing for the Soundtrack banner.

And fie on them for not having anything Celes related for this FFVI event. I heard Mog has an amazing couple of relics too that are extremely rare.

Balphon

Healing bursts are almost uniformly good, so the current lucky is worth a pull unless you are already drowning in them or have basically no mythril.

evangd007

Is the half off Lucky Relic banner worth doing?

Having a healing-type Relic could be useful, even though I was eyeing for the Soundtrack banner.

And fie on them for not having anything Celes related for this FFVI event. I heard Mog has an amazing couple of relics too that are extremely rare.

Half-offs are almost always worth doing. Except those beginner banners with uniques on them.

Next FFVI event has a very strong Locke and Terra focused banner with Mog and Celes BSBs too. About 4 months away though.

The enDark will let you do great damage with the new Ninja abilities without needing anything else. Granted, with the USB you will do even more damage, but then that's just stomping over a grave.

Just hope you have enough orbs to hone them.

I intend to do a ton of refreshing for dark orbs, for sure.

Re magicite:

This thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/71mq6p/a_guide_to_3_offensive_magicite_decks/

Describes how to maximize your magicite usage. So am I taking this to mean that the atk and mag boosts are a percentage of the magicite numbers combined, 10% of the atk of all five combined? I didn’t realize that, I thought the stats just went to whatever the summoned magicite was doing and the atk boost was based on your characters stats. Oops! Need to rethink things a bit now!

2/11: Aeris BSB (dupe), Eiko BSB (dupe).

Combinable fodder, I guess; I'm not really mad. It was a solid roll of the dice, even if I was hoping for something better when I had like, 5/18 (or whatever) already.

Balphon

Describes how to maximize your magicite usage. So am I taking this to mean that the atk and mag boosts are a percentage of the magicite numbers combined, 10% of the atk of all five combined? I didn't realize that, I thought the stats just went to whatever the summoned magicite was doing and the atk boost was based on your characters stats. Oops! Need to rethink things a bit now!

It's x% of the value of the stat on the main magicite plus X% of half the values of the stat on the sub magicite.

The actual formula is a little more complicated than that, but that's basically it.

PSA: Don't pull on the FFVI banner yet if you plan to, as the (BSB/USB) Relics might be included in the next two Lucky Draws.
I can confirm this is the case. Went 1/11 on this lucky draw. Setzer USB :O

Shame the chase effect doesn't work on non-damage abilities. I wanted a turbo charged entrust bot (and not in the Sazh burst way)...but on the other hand I can see why that would slightly broken to have.

Y'shtola's and Aerith's USBs were my haul. I assume these are good so I'm not complaining but I have so many healer relics compared to offensive options... Vanille's, Ysh's, Porom's and Sarah's BSB along with a good amount of SSBs.

Like, I wasn't starving for any and I doubt any of the others will knock out Vanille out of my team for now. But hey, first USBs at least.

3/11 Maria bsb selphie usb yda usb. All three new all three interesting. Maria was on my short list to consider as the bonus bsb and selphie I have at 99 already because of her Ssb, cm purposes. Yda was my next mc3 to break pre-fest as I have her bsb. So pretty pleased here

It's x% of the value of the stat on the main magicite plus X% of half the values of the stat on the sub magicite.

The actual formula is a little more complicated than that, but that's basically it.

Thanks!

3/11, all new!

Raijin's Staff, (Bartz's) Ragnarok, Shinra Bombshell

Can't you do some funky setups with Raijin's BSB DPS-wise?
With our good friend Cloud USB RW you sure can.. The the CMD2 hits are iterated by CMD1 usage. CMD1 is a single target heal which is interesting (IIRC that fight shown in the video changes weakness so they were able to keep it in the lightning weak phase throughout). A quick read gives me the impression that you do CMD1 until you are doing 9999 per hit with CMD2 if not running Cloud USB RW.

Shinra Bombsell is also iteration based (it's CMD1 does more hits the more you use CMD1) and suited for long battles even if Reno is an oddball as far as equips compared to stats go.

Kain

3/22 and all dupes lol

On the bright side a 100 gem pull got me Shadow's USB. Though I have already Edge's, but I think I'll dive Shadow first because I have his BSB.

WarAdept

On the bright side a 100 gem pull got me Shadow's USB. Though I have already Edge's, but I think I'll dive Shadow first because I have his BSB.

Me while everyone here gets Rainbows/Edge+Shadow USB:

giphy.gif

Anustart

Can barely see on my phone screen, initially thought the draw a super bust, as I thought I got Tiny Bee, Dupe Larsa BSB and something else.

Turns out all 3 were new, Sazh BSB, Edgar BSB (Need 6 relics, and first poison so me likey) and Deuce BSB. Who the fuck is deuce.

Rubenov

Can barely see on my phone screen, initially thought the draw a super bust, as I thought I got Tiny Bee, Dupe Larsa BSB and something else.

Turns out all 3 were new, Sazh BSB, Edgar BSB (Need 6 relics, and first poison so me likey) and Deuce BSB. Who the fuck is deuce.

Deuce's BSB is good for magicites, since it lets you pack buffs and heals into one. Also, she can use Happy with Motorbike (Allegro con Moto) which helps your times as well.

Keym

Anyone know if we're getting any free mythirl in the next 24 hours? I don't have enough for tomorrow's lucky banner. 😭

Uh wow.

Rafa USB (and I have her BSB), Deuce USB, Penelo BSB (dupe), Reynn BSB, Ysh BSB (finally!), Palom BSB!

Jesus man. Congrats.

Striking out on the lucky is making we want to rage pull on FF6, but I'm trying to resist. As great as either of the USBs would be, I already have both Setzer and Shadow's BSBs and both of Setzer's SSBs, so the dupe potential is high.

On the bright side, at least both of my dupes were +Elemental gear (Ashe BSB and Gabranth BSB) so now I have stat sticks with higher stats. :/

Xetherion

2/11, Cloud of Darkness burst and Delita ultra, both new. Sorry MCA, i didn't mean to get your CoD bsb. I already have Deployment Tactics and Vincent's burst... at least it'll be useful for CMs.

Delita ultra is my first relic for him and my first 6* dagger, so it's cool i guess. Ultra itself doesn't seem like anything special though.

evangd007

BSB/USB/LCSB Lucky - 3/11 - Curilla USB, Meliadoul BSB, Edge BSB

Curilla USB - really happy with this one. 6* stat stick and buffs for XI CM, and my first Radiant Shield source at long last
Meliadoul BSB - 3x stacking Atk breaks are nice. Wish it was effective in Magicite
Edge BSB - I continue to get IV relics without trying

23/99 on tomorrow's lucky. I don't mind dupes there since the stats are so high, but I have maxed cloud and gilgamesh osbs, so another of those will be a Rosetta Stone.

Would love obv clouds us, terras usb, element+ relic- I have a few holy and one fire already, non throw mage weapon. Chains other than shantoto and Zack please.

Pejo

So I've just been logging in for about a month collecting login rewards and currently have 50 Mythril. Are these half off banners worth the pulls, or are they just traps for the upcoming fest banners? There's so many banners in the near future, I'm not sure where to throw my mythril and get super disappointed.

I'm thinking maybe dropping 25 each on one of these lucky banners, since the overall opinion seems to show the fest banners got nerfed from the JP variants?

So I've just been logging in for about a month collecting login rewards and currently have 50 Mythril. Are these half off banners worth the pulls, or are they just traps for the upcoming fest banners? There's so many banners in the near future, I'm not sure where to throw my mythril and get super disappointed.

I'm thinking maybe dropping 25 each on one of these lucky banners, since the overall opinion seems to show the fest banners got nerfed from the JP variants?

Definitely pull on today and tomorrow's lucky banners. They're a much better value than any of the full-price fest banners, which aren't really that amazing.

There will be 60+ free mythril rewards from the fest though, so even after you pull on both luckies, you can get enough to pull on another banner. I would recommend the Crystal Tower selection because you can choose an additional BSB after the 11-pull.

ETA: I've probably said this before but people on the Reddit site are being too tough on Tiny Bee. :) The BSB itself may suck but a gun with high MND is a very cool toy for the characters who can take advantage of it.

Top Bottom