• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Tidd

Quote for the new page lol

QpZMx6M.png

My mythril :(

Come on, DeNA, change banner 3. I have too many dupes on it if we get the same one as Japan did. :(

Keym

I... don't have enough mythril for all of that. How am I supposed to save for the Marche banner like this?? 😭

I have to say, even I can tell the banners are unappealing. But I couldn't have chosen a better time to return for sure. Between the free 30 and Lucky Banners 2&3 I am more than happy with draw options for only 50 Mythril.

After that, Christmas fest saving mode in full effect. I imagine the banners have been weakened because of it.

Tidd

Banners are out? Time to check reddit!

WTF???????

HAHAHAHAH

These have to be fake because they know we are datamining this. That way they still have a surprise.

Good thing is: I believe I have less dupes on banner 3 than Japan. Bad thing: I don't want a Hamelin dupe. Dagger of Dagger would be an okay dupe, although it sucks not to have Garnet's BSB2... :/ But I believe this is on Banner 1 for the next FF IX event. I will do one pull and hope for Zidane's USB.

And maybe a pull on Banner 5. Kinda tempted for Alphinaud's, Noctis or Lightning USB. Although it sucks that Lightning's BSB2 is missing from it. But I guess I will skip banner 5.

ccbfan

All the banners ares trash.

They completely destroyed banner 2 which was what I was most excited about.

I guess I'm definitely pulling FF6 banner now. (would have pulled FF4 if I had know how crappy these banners are)

Lol, what is anyone supposed to do with one bard mote.

Did a couple of draws on the soundtrack banner just for the heck of it.

Ace BSB (not sure about this one)
Luneth BSB (dupe)
Celes BSB (dupe)
Noctis SSB (nice!!)

evangd007

Good God they destroyed these banners.

I think I'm still pulling on 1, 3, and 4. 1 and 4 because my synergy in those realms is atrocious, 3 because I have poor 7 and 9 synergy and need ice relics.

BUT my excitement for each banner has been massively tempered:

Banner 1 - OK OSB and BSB are dupes for me. I really wanted a shot at Refia BSB. Why is Garland BSB here? That thing is trash.

Banner 3 - Sephiroth OSB and Zell BSB are dupes. I didn't pull on DoC because I expected Vincent BSB to be here. Garnet BSB2 and Steiner BSB would have been great for 9 CM and magicite. I have Eiko's USB so her BSB is of marginal value.

Banner 4 - Instead of 2 chances of a good Yuna relic there's 1 chance for Tiny Bee. Braska BSB (need fire) is much preferred over Seymour BSB (don't need dark).

It's like they looked at the JP banners, saw that they lacked SSBs to act a whammy pulls, and felt compelled to add some.

Is there a Japanese version of the soundtrack banner or is this another global exclusive like shitty anniversry banners the newcomer lucky draws?

Nice! I’ve had edge occasionally pull off 4x 9999 on liquid flame, it’s something. I have that at r3, the blink at r1, but can use eiko bsb cid 1 for more phys blinks.
Thank you for mentioning this. I have that relic and have been totally overlooking the significant damage boost it offers. Using that relic and some other strategy modifications (juggled RMs about a bit and some more hones for water ninja abilities) meant I was able to cut over 30 seconds off my Liquid Flame time bringing to around 43 seconds (in line with my Bismark clears).

Probably skipping all of the fest banners, besides 100 gem. Just too many dupes and not enough prizes. I miiiight do a pull on banner 5; a ton of dupes like the others but it's hard to pass up a chance at Lightning USB.

Well shit, now I wish I was on top of my game for the last couple months for mythril. Lots of dungeons to do.

Can't look at the banners at work, but it seems like I'll just be pulling on the 2nd and 3rd lucky draws, and maybe Banner 5? if I get enough Mythril that is. Sitting on around 60.

Nid

Neo Member
Well shit, now I wish I was on top of my game for the last couple months for mythril. Lots of dungeons to do.

Can't look at the banners at work, but it seems like I'll just be pulling on the 2nd and 3rd lucky draws, and maybe Banner 5? if I get enough Mythril that is. Sitting on around 60.

You will get 60 mythril from 2 dungeons each giving 30 mythril similar to anni, so you are safe for at least one pull on a full banner.

I can't believe I skipped bartz for this shit.

A tiny bee really DeNA? really?

edit: dagger of resolve?

I think I'm going to pull once on each banner (or skip B4, that tiny bee is too much) and that's it.

MrDaravon

LOL at the banners now holy crap.

Only one I'm maaaaybe thinking of pulling on is Banner 2. Terra and Celes are waifus and I don't have either of their relics here (I have nothing for Celes at all) and I know the Bartz/Faris 6* stuff here is considered to be very good. My only dupes on this banner are Relm, Rydia and Locke BSBs. Any thoughts?

I'll still pull on the 3 LD's and maybe banner 2 but that's it. Right now I'm sitting on I think 100ish Mythril and I haven't even touched the last DU dungeons, maybe even the one before that. Not even burning my stamina some days and still haven't even loaded up the Magicite dungeons; I've just been making sure I clear through events to get the MC3 and that's kinda it. Partially burnt out on the game, but also just partially busy and/or playing other stuff.

Kenai

Wow those fest banners really are pretty awful.

Doing the Lucky ones and that's it I think. Well and the free one of course.

The healing burst lucky draw is up. got 2/11:
Mage's Staff (FFT)
Hamelin (FFIX) dupe, but maybe it gives me an extra second of haste when using with Ramza

At least it's not a 4th Wizer rod.

Doing D200 FFIII torment now. Trash mobs with AoE physical :\ However Luneth using Cloud USB and arc Magic Blink should make for an easy win once I reach the boss.

edit: dagger of resolve?
It's a dagger with good magic and +lightning.
All we need now is 4* and 5* lightning element ninja magic to go with it
. But that doesn't make up for BSB2 being snubbed and I don't understand this whole BSB2>BSB1 thing they pulled on those banners in general.

MrDaravon

I went 2/11 with my fourth Wizer Rod, and Yuna's Summoner's Garb which is new but seems fairly garbage. Fest is off to my typical start!

Ahnez

8/18 on the LD but eh, a dupe here is still better than the fest banners..

4/11 - Sarah, Larsa, Iris and Penelo BSB's

Only dupe was Penelo's lol

Rubenov

Not so. Great for mage teams with the MAG/MND boost.

2/11
Arc BSB dupe, now reforged
Deuce BSB

Now this is interesting! ATK/MAG boost on a healer, and the commands are Y'shtola clones? This feels like it opens up some possibilities for Magicite.

Yes, I leveled her to 99 and she's one of my two magicite healers (the other being Rosa), for when I need a mage team to go faster. I gave her Allegro Con Moto.

Staying away from this LD, I think. Way too many dupes.

I've got Sarah's, Relm's, Aeris', Eiko's, Penelo's, Vanille's ...

Okay, actually, there's a lot of coverage I'm missing; I just can't imagine any BSB replacing my duo of Relm/Sarah. As much as I'd want the Ysh relic or Yuna's, I know I'd end up with Deuce and a dupe.

Especially since Sarah (the OG Princess) will get my Bard abilities.

Falk

that puzzling face
you guys are gonna murderalize me but:

have PCecil BSB1, Refia BSB, Quistis BSB, Yuna USB

want OK BSB, Rikku USB

banners look good to me

Xetherion

you guys are gonna murderalize me but:

have PCecil BSB1, Refia BSB, Quistis BSB, Yuna USB

want OK BSB, Rikku USB

banners look good to me

Almost all of the changes to the banners were objectively for the worse. However, people have been overreacting by calling the banners awful. They're still all bsb or better, with 3 usb's minimum. I'm still pulling on p3 and p4 as they only have 2 dupes each for me. I might pull on p1 for Luneth's usb even though i have 3 dupes there. I kinda wanna pull on p2 even though i have 4 dupes there, same goes for p5.

In other news, I decided to do the healer lucky after almost deciding to skip it since i had 5 dupes. Glad I did as I got 4/11, with only 1 dupe!

Sarah bsb, new. Oh man this looks awesome, healer bsb with a mblink, and self MND/RES buff? AND cmd1 is instant Curaga + major regen? This must have been one of the last healer bsb's released, because it power creeps the hell out of the others. I think i have a new main healer outside of mage parties.

Larsa bsb, dupe.

Porom bsb, new. My first bsb heal for IV, a more healing focused alternative to Yuna bsb2, and Porom is already my go to choice for CM's since I have her Twin Star ATK/MND boostga +crit fix. Though it would be hard to use both outside of Jump Starts.

Aerith bsb, new. A much needed upgrade, as the only VII medica i had before this was her ancient unique sb.

evangd007

Healer Lucky 4/11: Porom (dupe), Ceodore, Ovelia, Aphmau

Scratch FFT and FFXI from the "needs medica" column. Only ones left are 1, 5, 8, and 10.

+1 dupe to fest banner 2 and 4.

This is either an auspicious start to the fest, or front-loading all my good luck.

3/11 on the lucky draw

Y'shtola
Larsa
Eiko (dupe)

Doesn't really expand my realm coverage much as I have Penelo's BSB and Y'shtola first medica SB but 2 solid wrathable BSBs is nothing to complain about.

Yes, I leveled her to 99 and she's one of my two magicite healers (the other being Rosa), for when I need a mage team to go faster. I gave her Allegro Con Moto.

At this point I can reliably beat all of the Magicites in about a minute, some a little under, some a little over, so the next challenge is getting to lower times, and I think moving away from Rikku is going to be key to that. Her USB is the complete package to start the battle... but then she just sits there taking up space and doing ~4k a turn with shooter abilities. The puzzle is figuring out which parts of her USB I can either do without, or offload to another character.

ZangBa

Unless I somehow get to 75 mythril tonight, I can't pull on this banner. I'm not really disappointed by the fest changes because I always skip fest banners anyway. They always get changed so it's not really predictable and they always have tons of dupes for me.

Xetherion

well duh, but in my case getting a dupe is objectively worse than not getting a dupe, hence 'you guys are gonna murderalize me, but'

Why are you being so condescending? I merely stated that while the changes were bad, the banners were not awful like others here have been claiming, and that I would also be pulling on at least two of the banners. Basically I was saying, I for one would not "murderalize" you.

Sheesh.

Balphon

I got bursts for Arc and Y'shtola.

Both are new but neither are that useful to me. Though I think that makes the full set for Arc.

The nice thing about the healer banner is cm coverage, I was hoping in particular for a I, xii, xiv, that I am lacking and there hasn't been a torment released yet. Dreading in particular the I torment. I have two Garland relics and that's it. May take Masters bsb in the bsb selection as I might use him outside of realm....

So if you've not been using Cid mission keystones yet you are approaching the point of filling the magicite inventory (at least I am). Now you might think haul the 1*/2* into the vault and forget about them then sell them once the problem pops up again. From a quick look apparently the 1*s and 2* are worth maxing for inheritance. It appears inheritance has two properties, one is obtaining new passives and the other is boosting stats and in the case of the latter is where feeding the 1* and 2* come into play (think of those 1* and 2* as rosetta stones and magicite as being the dark ages when upgrade material took up inventory slots).

Edit: Maxing as in reaching level 99.

Wazzy

Banned
I need to check out the event banners and see if any VIII gear I don't have is on them. I finally managed to pull Selphies USB on the realm pull but still need others.

I really need to try and save mythril for the future events too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...c_in_always_lucky_r2_relic_draw_assuming_bsb/

108/249 for tomorrow...

I guess the biggest possible win for me would be picking up either Cloud USB or a Radiant Shield source like Tifa USB/Cloud of Darkness BSB.

Wow, that’s a lot! I think I’m at 64. 49 bsb 13 usb 2 csb. I’m counting strictly on inventory and vault, I don’t think I used any bsbs as Rosetta stones, at least not if I didn’t already have a fully evolved version already.

Im ok with dupes other than the three or four I’ve already reforged. My hope for the three luckies, 30 pull and gem pulls are 5 useable bsbs, osbs, csbs, usbs, even if for cm only purposes. So far 0/5 on that.

Top Bottom