• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto UNS3 Full Burst announced for PC/PS3/360

Wonko_C

FR is literally meaningless in this game, and to raise it to 60 would serve no purpose except for those who wanted it "just because". I'm sure there are underlying reasons that would increase their budget, it's pretty unlikely that they did this just to maintain their vision or something.

Smoother animation is not meaningless. But because there is a good reason for it to be 30fps, I can deal with it.

Gbraga

Smoother animation is not meaningless. But because there is a good reason for it to be 30fps, I can deal with it.

Exactly. People saying this game doesn't need 60fps because there is no depth here are definitely right, but it would still be nice to have it running at 60fps.

i dislike 30fps, but w/e magikery motion blur or what not, i didn't have any problem with this on ps3 outside when the game chugs when everyone is spamming support.

Josh7289

For me, I'm not that into buying another Ultimate Ninja Storm game, but I probably would have gotten this one on PC in order to see it in a high resolution with anti-aliasing and a high framerate. In other words, I would have bought it as a graphical showcase.

Kokonoe

Banned
I changed my mind and bought it and I don't regret it now. SSAA integration is pure awesome.

icLVqaS17XA5O.png

Gbraga

The boss battles are so cool, some incredible cutscenes and battles there.

The rest of the campaign is pretty meh though, I liked Storm 1's campaign a lot better. In this game, the adventure parts feel like pointless filler in a bland as hell visual novel. It's all about the boss fights, but thankfully the game delivers, at least for fans of this absolutely awful manga (why do I still read it? I don't know).

Still didn't test online, hope the netcode is decent enough.

Krammy

Wasn't sure how to size these down for this post so I just used a quote. These pictures are from a friend (thanks Daniel), but I think the game looks absolutely incredible save for the HUD and the weird black dots on vanilla Naruto's fingers. It blows the PlayStation 3 version out of the water.

~~Hasan~~

question to the people who have this game, did it fix the horrible loading time ?

i remember walking from one area to another for like 5 seconds before the loading screen show up now and then. was very annoying

Gala

This game looks stunning! Maybe I will buy it when it is a little bit cheaper.

I remember that there was a Naruto game a couple of years ago with a huge open world city, anyone knows which game that was? Was it the first ultimate ninja storm? I think the story was like the beginning of the manga.

Kabuto

Wasn't sure how to size these down for this post so I just used a quote. These pictures are from a friend (thanks Daniel), but I think the game looks absolutely incredible save for the HUD and the weird black dots on vanilla Naruto's fingers. It blows the PlayStation 3 version out of the water.

thanks for the wallpaper haha! Game looks gorgeous

question to the people who have this game, did it fix the horrible loading time ?

i remember walking from one area to another for like 5 seconds before the loading screen show up now and then. was very annoying

Highly dependent on your rig/HDD.

On my ancient Core 2 using a spinner 7200rpm HDD it takes a 2-3 seconds to load between transitions (walking around the Leaf village). The first one (going into the adventure mode from the main menue) takes the longest (5-8 seconds).

I assume those on SSDs and modern quads (i5s/i7s) would be flying in this game. The recommended CPU is some sort of quad core after all, and It shows.

Game reaches absolutely insane levels of CPU utilization during those load screens. Also there's often some slowdown for a short period of time after the scene loads, like it hasn't finished loading it completely. This settles down after a very shortwhile, and the FPS normalizes again.

RalchAC

The boss battles are so cool, some incredible cutscenes and battles there.

The rest of the campaign is pretty meh though, I liked Storm 1's campaign a lot better. In this game, the adventure parts feel like pointless filler in a bland as hell visual novel. It's all about the boss fights, but thankfully the game delivers, at least for fans of this absolutely awful manga (why do I still read it? I don't know).

Still didn't test online, hope the netcode is decent enough.

Because you want to finish it and never come back xD. That's why I'm still reading that shit.

The games were really good, I have a lot of good memories playing matches with some friends. I don't usually like classic fighting games, but I loved this one. Maybe it's because it's more accesible, I dont know.

And those pics look amazing. In PC the game probably looks miles better than the proper anime... but that's not a feat, when you see things like the shitty Kyubi vs Nagato battle in the series xD

Gbraga

Never had any issues with loading times, they're frequent, but quick, so I guess they did. PC version though, don't know if they fixed it on consoles.

Got a few more solid hours into the game.

Holy shit does this game dish out the visual fanservice. Having not caught up with the latest volumes/episodes (stopped at the
Sage Mode bit with Jiraiya ages ago
)made it even sweeter as I went in not knowing what'd happen.

Just finished Chapter 4.
The bits with Naruto facing off against Kyuubi with his mum as backup and the whole scene with the birth/follow up from Legend mode that followed after that is the highlight of the game for me so far.

Yeah, you can pretty much tell that this is the first UNS game I've ever played.

Zafir

Yeah, it's my first, and I'm impressed by it as well. I stopped watching Naruto at the start of Shippuden. I just got tired of all the filler episodes. I don't know how much story is missed, but this seems much more to the point. I'd definitely be tempted to get the earlier ones, assuming they cover the earlier parts of Shippuden.

Running a rig I built, 8GB Ram, Windows 8, i5 2500k, GTX570 SDHC.

Anyway full screen or windowed mode the game proceeds to start without any sound effects, then the game crashes when I try to play any mode. The music works but everything else crashes. When starting the game and trying to exit the game at the main menu, the game also hangs and crashes.

I have a dual monitor set up so when I try to alt tab or open task manager I cannot because the app is still running and playing the music while blocking all other programs. I have had to restart and try the game with opening task manager in the second window so I can end the process once it crashes.

I also have a Lenovo Y580 that is running the game perfectly fine on a Windows 7, i7, GTX660M and 4GB of ram.

EDITED: For anyone with this issue, its a sound driver/card issue. Using a Xonar...
Got it to work, disabled GX in audio studio. Game works perfectly now! Thanks Nismo on Steam!

Lyonaz

I absolutely love this game! I don't care I suck online (3-27 or something in ranked >.<), but winning with an Ultimate (Team) Jutsu is still the best thing ever. Finding some one who is equal to you in skill in Player Match is also great fun and just endless rematches for a fun night.

The game looks absolutely stunning on my PC and am glad I waited for a PC version, how can you go back to the console version after playing this?!

Skilletor

Is there any way to apply AA to this manually? Game looks STUNNING but i do see some jaggies here and there

Do you?

At 1080p w/ whatever the ingame's AA is called, it looks smooth as hell to me.

Random pics here:

http://minus.com/mbneH47RWwdzfM/87

I played through the entire prologue and uploaded it. I also have the demo of the ps3 version uploaded to compare, even though you probably won't be able to tell a difference because youtube (if anybody wanted to check).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZC9n7wZF8M

I played a match online that was 3 or 4 bars, but it was a laggy unplayable mess. :/

I am still disappointed that it's not 60fps, but given the circumstances I'm not too mad. It still looks amazing. IQ makes me want GGXrd even more. It's probably a hint of how Xrd will look on ps3 vs. ps4 with this game since the styles are similar.

Ephemeris

That's some quality Uchiha pics right there.

Don't feel like double dipping for the superior PC version at the moment tho

Soule

Currently spoiled for choice of games to play and only really playing Dota atm so I'm not so keen to pay full price for this. But I gotta say I'm really impressed with what I've seen of this, I was a fan of the manga for a long time but lost interest around the start of the 4th war and this game looks very smooth I think it might be a fun way to get back into the story when it goes on sale.

Aru

Anyone tried 3D Vision on this game? The "3D stereo" in the PS3 version was a joke. I mean, there wasn't any difference at all between 2D and 3D modes...

Wow actually watching the video I just posted it looks like the screen tearing is awful. Is this a problem on the PC version for anyone?
Even so, Nagato and Itachi's ultimate jutsu's are two of the most visually impressive things I've seen in a game.

Tecl0n

I know they were changed for combat fluidity, but i can't help but wonder how the UN3-5 ougis would look in this engine.

Skilletor

Wow actually watching the video I just posted it looks like the screen tearing is awful. Is this a problem on the PC version for anyone?
Even so, Nagato and Itachi's ultimate jutsu's are two of the most visually impressive things I've seen in a game.

I have no screen tearing.

SoulUnison

Banned
So disappointed. not in the game, but in the community. Even on launch day for the PS3 version I never had to wait more than 2 minutes for a player to show in in Player Match Singles.

Here I can barely find anyone online playing *any* of the game modes.

I couldn't figure out how to trigger the secret action. I didn't get what the scroll meant. Anybody know?

Foot/Boot icon means you need to get a bit of distance and then dash towards them.
Log means you need to substitute against a specific attack.
Scroll means you need to get a bit of distance and use your Ninjutsu on them.

Top Bottom