• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you guys buying the Canadian edition? Just buy it digitally, or print out the cover and slip it on, rub that Ken Griffey glory all over you.

zulux21

Griffey in a White Sox cap is not glorious in any way shape or form.

actually it kind of was but indeed wouldn't make a good cover.
that is likely why they didn't go with that as the main focus of the cover.

TnVL9wV.png

i mean I suppose he is wearing a white sox cap in the top right, but it's barely visible. also it's a nice picture of him with a nice smile.

beyond that it's just showing the 3 teams he played for.

Sumidor

actually it kind of was but indeed wouldn't make a good cover.
that is likely why they didn't go with that as the main focus of the cover.

i mean I suppose he is wearing a white sox cap in the top right, but it's barely visible. also it's a nice picture of him with a nice smile.

beyond that it's just showing the 3 teams he played for.
I don't see him in a Reds jersey.

clav

Fantasy baseball is better in everyway.

I've never played anything else, and it seems that way.

More stats. More games. Long seasons.

Play in a league that does something more than the standard 5x5 categories.

Fantasy baseball seems like a second job to me due to the amount of games.

Can be. You can be lazy and manage once a week (set starting pitchers) especially if you draft well. Team manages itself.

I find that hardcore baseball fans hate fantasy baseball players. They get bitter + extremely defensive at games when chatting about stats + who's a decent player in the whole league. Meanwhile, you can just sit back and appreciate each player regardless of team affiliation.

I didn't like fantasy baseball at all because I knew nothing about baseball. Now I'm thankful my friends pushed me to learning about it.

Yawn, he'll once again be on the DL by June.

Maybe, but you can say the same about other pitchers.

Some managers believe that Tommy John surgery has a shelf life of 7 years. Think about which pitchers are at risk. There are some big names.

RBH

The Oakland A's held a public unveiling for their brand new mural in downtown Oakland, complete with a Giants hat exchange, and spray paint cans so fans could add their mark to the mural

ICZwMBo.jpg

Holy shit, that looks awesome

Nationals are being noncommittal about Trump throwing out Opening Day pitch (as was reported in Politico)

They'd be smart not to have him do it, I think. I think they'd lose a lot of fans to Baltimore if they did.

Edit: in thinking about it, this would be a prime opportunity for Trump to embarrass himself. Nationals playing 5d chess.
They should give him a softball to make his hands look even smaller

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Nationals are being noncommittal about Trump throwing out Opening Day pitch (as was reported in Politico)

They'd be smart not to have him do it, I think. I think they'd lose a lot of fans to Baltimore if they did.

Edit: in thinking about it, this would be a prime opportunity for Trump to embarrass himself. Nationals playing 5d chess.
They should give him a softball to make his hands look even smaller
I'll go just to boo him as loud as possible.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
One seam fastball? wat
For righthander Luke Weaver, the Cardinals’ first-round selection out of Florida State in 2014 and the No. 50 prospect on this year’s Top 100 Prospects list, that something this spring is a one-seam fastball. No, not a two-seam fastball, a one-seam fastball.

“It’s the same as a two-seam, except you throw it a little differently,” Weaver explained. “There’s guys out there who throw it, especially guys who are true sinkerball guys. It just provides less spin on the ball and you can kind of get a little more movement.”

Weaver learned the pitch from a number of sources inside the Cardinals. Seth Maness, Mike Leake and Michael Wacha and Lance Lynn, Weaver said, all throw one-seamers.

“It’s different because it’s hard because there’s no laces on that particular pitch,” Weaver said. “It’s just all feel. Some guys love it and some guys hate it.”

To throw the pitch, the pitcher straddles his index and middle fingers around one of the seams of the baseball without actually contacting the seams. He’s working now to get the movement on the pitch and will continue this year at Triple-A Memphis to work on maintaining its control.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/mino...inkle-st-louis-cardinals/#I34CWpsrowfbASyu.97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom