• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yadi and Adam Wainwright should've retired last year.

If any of them suffer any bad injuries during this season, then it's gonna be long path to the playoffs with their pitching and catching staff.

2016 was a real shit year for the Cards and hopefully it doesn't repeat but you never know with Matheny

Hohoho

This wording of this Fansided article about Matt Adams on the left makes me laugh and leaves me horrified at whoever wrote this article's sanity.

So damn salty about not getting to the playoffs last year.

I will not link this article because the ads on the site drive me nuts.

RBH

I think I just found Atlanta catcher Matt Foley's bat
https://mobile.twitter.com/keithlaw/status/846019264641466368

C72qCY1X0AAQzm2.jpg

Choomp

Banned
I might not buy the show rigth away this year. Still playing zelda...then want to play horizon ;;

I'm really overwhelmed games wise with Zelda+my huge backlog right now and Persona that's coming up really soon that will require my full attention, but to me buying The Show around this time of year is way too exciting to pass up

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I'm really overwhelmed games wise with Zelda+my huge backlog right now and Persona that's coming up really soon that will require my full attention, but to me buying The Show around this time of year is way too exciting to pass up

oh god persona too...i actually want to try and play one of those games finally...I tried 4 but its hard to play on ps2/vita now with these newer devices out and stop after a few hours.

Time for Pirates to show Kang the door

Just as the Pirates were preparing for the return of their Dream Outfield, they had to deal with another dilemma in their Nightmare at Third Base.

Only days after Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said Jung Ho Kang wouldn't be available for the season opener, reports surfaced out of South Korea on Friday that Kang was denied a work visa to return to the U.S. after his conviction earlier this month for DUI.

It was his third DUI-related offense in South Korea and followed an investigation into allegations of sexual assault last summer in Chicago.

The Pirates continue to support Kang when they should be severing ties.

At best, Kang is a South Korean star with power potential who fulfills the Pirates needs at third base and the cleanup spot in the batting order. At worst, he's a repeat offender as a drunken driver who also has been accused of sexual assault.

Pirates president Frank Coonelly has addressed Kang's conduct and the club's response through a series of statements.

When Kang was being investigated for sexual assault: “We take allegations of this type extremely seriously.” Coonelly then cited the MLB/MLBPA policy and said the matter was “exclusively before the Commissioner's Office.”

When Kang's DUI trial ended, Coonelly said the Pirates would “continue to work with him and his representatives in an effort to secure his work visa so that he may resume his career as a member of the Pittsburgh Pirates,” and “we will do everything that we can as an organization to assist Jung Ho as he works to change his behavior and grow into the man that we know he can be.”

When a reporter, Sung Min Kim, tweeted Friday that reports out of South Korea “also stated that there's a suspicion that Kang might have been convicted of drunk driving in a third country other than Korea and U.S.,” Coonelly dismissed it as pure speculation.

“The facts, as we know them, are that Kang still has not been granted permission to travel to the United States under a work visa. We continue to work with Kang and his representatives to present materials and information to the appropriate parties in the United States government that we believe establish that Kang should be permitted to travel to the United States under a work visa and remain hopeful that such a resolution will be reached in the near future.

“We have no indication that Jung Ho has had a driving incident in a country other than Korea.”

For now, it's only hearsay. But you have to wonder how much the Pirates actually know about Jung Ho Kang and why they stand behind him with such resolution. They claimed to be unaware of his previous two DUI arrests, and there is a language barrier to the point that it involves an interpreter. How forthcoming has Kang been with the Pirates?

Anthony Gose is trying to become a pitcher. According to the radio bit I just heard, he was throwing 97 in highschool, but decided not to pursue it.

Beckx

So Konami isn't making a new version of Power Pro for 17, instead that will come in 18. And they're releasing a free update for Power Pro 16 with updated 2017 rosters.

I'm still going through my high school coach sim so that's pretty much perfect for me. No more money spent, up to date rosters.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So which Cubs-GAF person is gonna put up the OT? You have the rest of this week to prep it so it can go up sometime this weekend.

Sanjuro and Corran can spin one of these to decide who gets primary backup duties, whichever side faces north is the winner.

M2fv2mV.jpg

BFIB

this is my first time playing the show. what do i do first? i don't even know the most basic shit.
I play old school. Meter pitching, no analog, just time button press, and "zone" hitting. I use sliders so I can work counts, it feels like the real thing.

Just try the different play styles until one clicks. And work counts. I'm at work, but I'll load up some YouTube tutorials and link them tonight.

stn

I'll definitely get The Show when it goes on sale. I'm still enjoying 2016, not feeling the urgency to upgrade immediately.

eh... 27 years isn't really that bad.
I mean there were people born, who lived to be over 100, who then died before seeing the cubs win it all.

I myself am a fan of the Jays, and when they went back to back, I wasn't even sperm.

Which is why I don't hold the reverence other people have for the 91 and 92 teams.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Time for Queso to get back in on the A's train:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/athletics/jose-canseco-joins-nbc-sports-californias-tv-coverage

l8qJ222.jpg

MESA, Ariz. — Through all of the controversy and sensational headlines that have marked his baseball career and beyond, one constant has stood firm in regard to Jose Canseco:

The man speaks exactly what’s on his mind.

That will serve A’s fans well as Canseco joins NBC Sports California as an on-air analyst for A’s Pregame Live and A’s Postgame Live. He’s part of a revamped lineup of former Athletics who will provide their expert insights and opinions throughout the 2017 season.

“I’ve got quite a bit of experience. I’ve pretty much been there, done all of that whether it’s on or off the field,” Canseco said. “I think the fans can expect the truth — an honest opinion, honest analysis — and hopefully in some shape or form we expand the fan base.”

BFIB

Cards are apparently holding a rally for the Cubs fans at BP Village before the opener Sunday.

I love this rivalry.

Mat Latos did not make the Jays opening day roster. Which means one thing: his name will be mentioned constantly on the radio the moment someone in the rotation or bullpen struggles.

'Hi Bobcat, big fan of the show. So I, we, know Stroman can't locate. But you know who maybe could have? MAT LATOS!'

Wrong years dood.

Or he just holds the '93 team in high regard.

I mean, they did hold the World Series title until 1995. Pretty awesome.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So which Cubs-GAF person is gonna put up the OT? You have the rest of this week to prep it so it can go up sometime this weekend.

Sanjuro and Corran can spin one of these to decide who gets primary backup duties, whichever side faces north is the winner.

M2fv2mV.jpg
IHLxHnM.jpg

Chris R

Congrats A's on getting your baseball only stadium sometime in the future.

Get that waterfront stadium deal DONE

Yes. The Canadian edition has you covered.(Pun intended)

Canadian edition? Not seeing any different covers than the one that has a fucking White Sox logo on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom