• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrigley still needs grass!

C7yF_7pWsAEYriW.jpg
Finally win a championship after 100+ years and they're calling it quits.

Move to Montreal all but confirmed.
That would make me a Reds fan. I guess Mr. Redlegs is pretty cool.

RBH

The Atlanta Braves' home opener is just a couple weeks away, and fans heading to the game should come hungry. Today, Delaware North Sportservice, which manages food and beverage service at SunTrust Park, unveiled a locally focused lineup of food options at the new stadium.

The ballpark's concessions will be grounded in providing regionally inspired dishes using local ingredients and companies. A ”Taste of Braves Country" program will showcases southern cooking from six states considered to be ”Braves Country": Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama. Time-tested dishes and flavors from around the south will be found on concessions menus across the ballpark.

The Taste of Braves Country program includes dishes from throughout the Southeast, highlighted by:

• Georgia: Fox Bros. BBQ; Hugh Acheson 1st & 3rd Hot Dog and Sausage Shack, Chick-fil-A; Waffle House.
• South Carolina: Pimento Cheese Patty Melt, served with caramelized onions and smoked paprika on rye.
• North Carolina: Smoked whole hog BBQ sandwich, served on white bread with chopped southern slaw and vinegar BBQ sauce.
• Tennessee: Nashville Hot Chicken, served with bread & butter pickles.
• Mississippi: Blackened Catfish Po' Boy Taco, served with slaw and Comeback Sauce.
• Alabama: Fried Tomahawk Pork Chop, served on an extra-large potato roll with collard green slaw and white BBQ sauce.

Highlights of Georgia restaurants include Fox Bros. BBQ (with a stand in the stadium as well as at the new Terrapin Taproom), Hugh Acheson's 1st & 3rd Hot Dog and Sausage Shack, Gu's Dumpling cart, multiple Chick-fil-A concessions and a Waffle House concession stand. Other Atlanta staples include H&F Burger, King of Pops, Mayfield Creamery Ice Cream and a Tomahawk Ice Cream Bar from local producer High Road Craft Creamery.

Other themed concessions include Taco Factory, serving street tacos and bowls. The Slice will offer Italian fare, including the massive Burgerizza that sees 24 ounces of ground beef, 1/4-pound of hickory smoked bacon and six slices of aged cheddar sandwiched between two 8-inch pepperoni pizzas. The Burgerizza ($26) is enough to feed four people.

Among snacks, families can check out the Sandlot Snacks, a nut-free location selling a variety of kid-friendly eats, including giant pretzels in the shape of the Atlanta Braves ”A" script. At Potato Cutter, fans can order house-cut French fries with unique seasonings. Centerfield Market will offer grab-and-go meals, snacks and alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages. Here, fans will also find gluten-free hot dogs and popsicles from local King of Pops. Throughout the stadium, look for carts selling Tomahawk Ice Cream Bars that feature local High Road Craft Creamery ice cream shaped like a tomahawk and dipped to order in chocolate sauce, then rolled in crushed peanuts.

As part of its commitment to support the local food community, Sportservice is launching a ”Farm to Fan" initiative to bring fresh, homegrown ingredients to the ballpark from Atlanta-area farms and other local producers. Through a partnership with Atlanta-based produce wholesaler Turnip Truck, it will draw from a network of more than 40 Atlanta-area farms, urban and college gardens, and other local producers to incorporate their produce into a variety of concessions dishes. The produce and fresh ingredients will vary throughout the season based on market availability and each game will feature a different farm or local company. The Farm to Fan logo at concession stands throughout the ballpark will indicate the featured produce item of the game.
http://atlantarestaurants.blog.ajc.com/2017/03/23/heres-a-sneak-peek-of-the-food-at-suntrust-park/

041417bravesdishes1.jpg

Fried Tomahawk Pork Chop, served on an extra-large potato roll with collard green slaw and white BBQ sauce.

041417bravesdishes2.jpg

Blackened Catfish Po' Boy Taco, served with slaw and Comeback Sauce.

RBH

Matt Wisler getting hit hard.

Getting the feeling more and more that he won't make it back up to the majors (at least with the Braves) anytime soon.

Do the Cardinals even have a good replacement for Yadi in the event that they don't have an agreement?

Carson Kelly, who is maybe the best all-around catcher prospect in the minors right now

He could still use a full season at AAA, but he's close to ready, which makes any deal with Yaid even trickier. A 3 year deal would be close to perfect, but it sounds like Yadi wants more

I mostly just don't want to see Yadi in another uniform, like in that ugly DBacks uniform or something.

Kolten Wong is pissed at the Cardinals.

He has good reason to be after being given a contract and told that he'll be the starting 2B

But he also needs to produce - it's only spring training but a .515 OPS isn't gonna cut it and the sub-.700 OPS for his career is closer but still not great. A lot of that is him not getting consistent playing time, but he just flat out hasn't been very good so far.

Matheny is gonna take those comments personally, though, and bury him behind Gyorko and Greg Garcia

BFIB

Kolten Wong is pissed at the Cardinals.
He can be pissed, but he's had almost 1500 ABs on a major league level and has pedestrian numbers. He needs to produce better, especially with Gryko putting up big numbers last year. I do agree with Wong, if the Cards are invested then he needs to play every day. But I feel the Cards have invested enough opportunities for him to prove hes an everyday player.

wbsmcs

Anyone here have experience with games at Fenway? Tickets look pretty cheap for the 2nd game vs the Pirates but not sure how bad the view is in the bleachers or grandstand.

Also, if I were to go alone to see the Jays, how scared of the Boston crowd should I be? lol

Man, if Yadi gets traded, then the Cardinals fans will not be happy for the entire season.

I live in the heart of Cardinals country, those fans get really attached to their favourite players. Like even more so then usual.

not that I should be seen as excusing anything that fandom does

For the record, I grew up a cardinals fan.

BFIB

Man, if Yadi gets traded, then the Cardinals fans will not be happy for the entire season.

I live in the heart of Cardinals country, those fans get really attached to their favourite players. Like even more so then usual.

not that I should be seen as excusing anything that fandom does

For the record, I grew up a cardinals fan.
I like you already.

I like you already.

Oh man have any of the Cards fans told you how attached the fans get to their favourite player? It's weird. I found myself doing this unconsciously when I caught myself with my heart in my throat when I scanned over the words "trade" and "Yadi" in one of articles on the STL online article

I remember some of the STL twitter personalities getting bit salty when Shelby Miller was traded.

It's weird

In all honesty, Yadi should've retried last year

BFIB

Oh man have any of the Cards fans told you how attached the fans get to their favourite player? It's weird. I found myself doing this unconsciously when I caught myself with my heart in my throat when I scanned over the words "trade" and "Yadi" in one of articles on the STL online article

I remember some of the STL twitter personalities getting bit salty when Shelby Miller was traded.

It's weird

In all honesty, Yadi should've retried last year

I have a copy of George Kissell's Cardinal Way book on my nightstand and have my LaRussa bobble head watch over me while I sleep.

Kolten Wong walked back the comments he made earlier :lol

It was pretty irresponsible of the STL Post-Dispatch to publish the comments of a clearly angry/frustrated player. He was obviously going to say something he would regret later

Just hope Matheny doesn't bury him even further

Kolten Wong walked back the comments he made earlier :lol

It was pretty irresponsible of the STL Post-Dispatch to publish the comments of a clearly angry/frustrated player. He was obviously going to say something he would regret later

Just hope Matheny doesn't bury him even further

If Jedd Yorko doesn't bury him, then Matheny will be the one*

*If Jedd Yorko has a reasonably good season this year, again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom