• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly's ratings hit all-time lows

Jigorath

Banned
A big get with Harvey Weinstein accuser Lauren Sivan wasn’t big enough to pull Megyn Kelly out of her ratings slump.

Her “Megyn Kelly Today” viewership slipped from 0.77 ratings points on Monday to 0.54 ratings points on Tuesday of last week.

“It’s a possible all-time low for ‘Today.’ It may even be lower than her [Fox] cable show. [NBC News president] Noah [Oppenheim] and [NBC News and MSNBC chairman] Andy [Lack] are in big trouble,” a source told us.

Kelly also appeared for the first time on MSNBC earlier this week.

“It’s unthinkable. You don’t see Matt [Lauer] or Savannah [Guthrie] on MSNBC … It’s not a good sign.”

Yikes.

23 million well spent, NBC.

2e5gt.gif

Well let's see, she spent her first week saying Will & Grace turns people gay, and basically shamed Jane Fonda for having cosmetic surgery, so yeah she's doing just fine.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Average Americans Not Interested in Right-Wing Loon That Froths at the Mouth at Thought of Black Santa, more news and updates at 11.

Good. We want Fox hosts to have to stick to their Fox News sewer and not use as a springboard to a bigger, more mainstream audience. Hopefully, a big network won't hire someone from Fox again after this disaster.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Good, she doesn't deserve to be heard or seen by anyone. Put her to the curb NBC and get someone with at least a shred of decency and intelligence.

Good, hope she has to leave NBC in shame, along with whoever signed off on hiring her.

Enjoy you next job at Inside Edition Megan!

DonShula

A year ago she had a golden opportunity to cross over after the whole “blood coming out of her whatever” thing. People had sympathy for her. People were rooting for her. The world had briefly forgotten about her awfulness.

She botched this big time.

SeanC

Good. We want Fox hosts to have to stick to their Fox News sewer and not use as a springboard to a bigger, more mainstream audience. Hopefully, a big network won't hire someone from Fox again after this disaster.

Seriously, the fact that some exec at NBC looked at Kelly and her work and stupidly said "let's hire her!" aside (because fuck that), do they not realize that the only reason for her success was entirely relative to the Fox News bubble? Outside of that and those viewers, there's no other viewership that's remotely interested in hearing what Kelly has to say and no Fox News viewer is going to jump over to NBC.

You can't just create Donald Trump and an entire nation of his followers and then walk away like you arent dirt.

Suffer, dirt.

jonezer4

I saw her show a couple times just in passing and she came off as incredibly glib and disingenuous. Like coming off as nice and likable did not come naturally to her and she was constantly trying really hard.

I assumed my limited knowledge of her being on Fox News was tainting my perception, but now it appears a lot of America saw the same thing.

mike6467

I'm still shocked they gave her a show. She had her demographic, with everyone else finding her repulsive, then they tried to position her as a moderate which pissed off the people who actually liked her, and didn't do shit for the people who didn't. Like...who's actually watching this? I imagine hospital waiting rooms and the like.

this shit is going to go down as one of the dumbest experiments in TV history. What the fuck was any TV exec thinking trying to make Megyn Kelly into a morning show host? This is like Rush on ESPN or The Joe Buck Show X 1000 levels of stupid.

Top Bottom